Henry Onyekuru

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Henry Onyekuru

Post by Cristao II »

Dammy wrote:
ojafranpa wrote:David Ornstein on Onyekuru: "The Nigerian striker [link], I’m told, is not a true story. I don’t think that is happening." [@arseblog]

I hope this is not true.

Postby alexafc12 » Yesterday 4:08 pm
Ornstein lol ... said Welbeck wasn't happening about 5 minutes before the deal was confirmed

I'm hearing the hold up is in regards to the buy out clause. Wenger has triggered it with £6,800,001, however Eupen are now refusing to release the player as they feel disrespected.
https://www.goonersworld.co.uk/forum/vi ... 5#p1535905
AGAIN!! :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB Nvidia GT755M | 16GB DDR3L | 1000GB SSD | N2230 | LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: Lenovo Legion 5 Pro: Ryzen 7 5800H | 32GB DDR4 | 2000GB SSD | 8GB NVidia RTX3070 - Windows 11 Pro
HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
slyk
Egg
Egg

Post by slyk »

Waffiman wrote:
Goldleaf wrote:He is like Thierry Henry. He runs and stops and he is than able to time his opponent's reaction and then move the ball to his opponent's inconvenient body position. Henry explained this particular attribute in indepth interviews about his talent. When they have the ball, they sense the opponent's move to take their ball and they counter it with a body move that will unbalance the opponent. They then go on solo runs and score with ease.

Only a few players in football history mastered this technique and they are Pele, Maradona, Messi, Henry, Giggs etc. They run at high pace with the ball seemingly glued at their feet or not further than a few yards and they stop and change direction at will. Given a good coach I see Onyekuru doing great things.
You are spot on.

But you forget the real Ronaldo, aka the phenomenon. Also Cruyff, and Zico.

Add Neymar to that list. In fact, thats who came to mind to me while watching him. Arsenal better hurry up and get this deal over the line. The sharks are circling.
bully12
Egg
Egg

Post by bully12 »

slyk wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
Goldleaf wrote:He is like Thierry Henry. He runs and stops and he is than able to time his opponent's reaction and then move the ball to his opponent's inconvenient body position. Henry explained this particular attribute in indepth interviews about his talent. When they have the ball, they sense the opponent's move to take their ball and they counter it with a body move that will unbalance the opponent. They then go on solo runs and score with ease.

Only a few players in football history mastered this technique and they are Pele, Maradona, Messi, Henry, Giggs etc. They run at high pace with the ball seemingly glued at their feet or not further than a few yards and they stop and change direction at will. Given a good coach I see Onyekuru doing great things.
You are spot on.

But you forget the real Ronaldo, aka the phenomenon. Also Cruyff, and Zico.

Add Neymar to that list. In fact, thats who came to mind to me while watching him. Arsenal better hurry up and get this deal over the line. The sharks are circling.
Are you not worried in his two outings so far with the SE his performances have been below par. Maybe he is shining in Belgium because of the quality of the league. A big fish in small pond. Hence we need to keep our fingers crossed, tune down our level of excitement in case he disappoints the impact will not extremely excruciating . Honestly I hope and pray we don't have another Peter Ijeh in making. Now I know why Rohr was reluctant and hesitant to invite him in the first place. Well it is too early to pass judgment .
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Cristao II wrote:
Dammy wrote:
ojafranpa wrote:David Ornstein on Onyekuru: "The Nigerian striker [link], I’m told, is not a true story. I don’t think that is happening." [@arseblog]

I hope this is not true.

Ornstein lol ... said Welbeck wasn't happening about 5 minutes before the deal was confirmed

I'm hearing the hold up is in regards to the buy out clause. Wenger has triggered it with £6,800,001, however Eupen are now refusing to release the player as they feel disrespected.
AGAIN!! :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
It is the silly season. Everyone is playing the game to their advantage. I love it. No one knows what is really going on except the protagonist and they are playing to their advantage. It is
a poker game and it is nice. 8-) 8-) 8-)
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

you people still falling for assnal and transfers? una no dey tire :lol: :lol: :lol: i have never seen such pathetic fans , same time every year, una dey fall for some transfer rubbish
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Mr Shows
Egg
Egg

Post by Mr Shows »

Its best Arsenal stop puzzyfooting around and tie this up quickly. There are bigger deals to close ahead...
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Onyekuru if the quotes are to be believed just confirmed that Arsenal have come in for him
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

anikulapo wrote:Onyekuru if the quotes are to be believed just confirmed that Arsenal have come in for him
The rumours from good sources are clear, Arsenal are in for the player. The issue they say, is the player's club and the clause in the contract. Arsenal not increasing their offer despite other clubs interested out bidding Arsenal. Time will tell.
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Looks like he won't sign for Arsenal.

The signs are not good.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

ohenhen1 wrote:Looks like he won't sign for Arsenal.

The signs are not good.

What signs? The ones in your head ? :roll:
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

ohenhen1 wrote:Looks like he won't sign for Arsenal.

The signs are not good.
He will sign for Arsenal. All players are willing to play for Wenger even for FREE.
“We do not have natural disasters in Nigeria, the only disaster we have is human beings,”
soma
Egg
Egg

Post by soma »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:Tells you before the video starts that his weakness is teamwork. As good as he looks I'm not sure how if his style will go well in the EPL if you consider the fact that he offers little in terms of ball recovery work and covering space. However, the kid looks so good at what he does that he might be able to get away with it if he joins the right team. If he doesn't he will rot in the youth teams.

Riyad Mahrez comes to mind. If he can adapt Onyekuru
Can too.

3. Thomas Sankara
4. Patrice Lumumba
5. Robert Mugabe
6. Murmar "the Lion" Ghaddafi....
Gooner1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gooner1 »

Dammy wrote:

I hope this is not true.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Suarez II

....going by the histrionics of the suarez debacle......if this report is true, wenger has absolutely no intentions of signing this character......but alas wengerbabes believe.......insanity no good o!!
“If this year, you cannot compete with Spurs, with all the respect I have for them, and Leicester, then change your sport. I’m sorry.” Emmanuel Petit

"I didn't buy Arsenal stake to win trophies" Kroneke
bully12
Egg
Egg

Post by bully12 »

Nice in League 1 is also interested in him. The rumor has it they have offered his club more money than Arsenal is ready to spend. Another huge advantage for Nice it will be easier for Henry to obtain work permit in France than England. Unless Arsenal is ready to be pay him huge weekly wage to show he is a special talent . Nobody thinks Arsenal will do that as parsimonious as Arsenal are. However, Henry prefers to go Arsenal to any other club seeking his signature. Everybody now keeps his or her finger crossed and watch how the cookie crumbles .
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

bully12 wrote:Nice in League 1 is also interested in him. The rumor has it they have offered his club more money than Arsenal is ready to spend. Another huge advantage for Nice it will be easier for Henry to obtain work permit in France than England. Unless Arsenal is ready to be pay him huge weekly wage to show he is a special talent . Nobody thinks Arsenal will do that as parsimonious as Arsenal are. However, Henry prefers to go Arsenal to any other club seeking his signature. Everybody now keeps his or her finger crossed and watch how the cookie crumbles .
When a 19 year old is the highest goals scorer, is that argument sufficient to show he is a "special talent?"
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?