Official List: Nigeria vs South Africa

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Cito
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Official List: Nigeria vs South Africa

Post by Cito »

bully12 wrote:
Undertaker wrote:
Enugu II wrote:
papilo wrote:
naijaguy wrote:Victor moses just got married. He asked to be excused and it was granted. This is a very good list.
He is having toe surgery this summer hence won't be available
KPOM. That is the reported excuse for Moses' absence i.e. toe injury.

So he hurt his toe while diving??? :???: :???: :???: :???: :???: :???: :???: :???: :???: :???: :???: :???: :???:
Bros this kind thing don tire me. How come this guy has excessive proclivity for being injured whenever SE is about to play. SE has played about five matches this year he claimed injured in all cases apart from one. Bros it will take hard facts to convince me he is not deliberately feigning injuries. The earlier Rohr finds a permanent replacement for him the better. Or the boy needs to announce his retirement from international duty. He is too unreliable
He needs to schedule his next injury to come when SE is not playing. I hope that will solve the problem. :mrgreen:
"Learn from others whom have walked the path before you, but be smart enough to know when to cut your own trail."
anointed
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anointed »

Don't know if it's been posted. Moses is to undergo surgery on a toe. He was said to have played the last game on injections.
TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...
For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God. For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding...hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world? 21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe
bamenda boy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bamenda boy »

anointed wrote:Don't know if it's been posted. Moses is to undergo surgery on a toe. He was said to have played the last game on injections.
But he cannot play for Naija on injections?
Only two things in life are certain - death and taxes. But there is one other unpleasant certainty: criticism. No one escapes it entirely and often our careers, our emotional stability, even our happiness depends on how we react to it."By Benjamin Franklin"
Cally
Egg
Egg

Post by Cally »

Cito wrote:
bully12 wrote:
Undertaker wrote:
Enugu II wrote:
papilo wrote:
naijaguy wrote:Victor moses just got married. He asked to be excused and it was granted. This is a very good list.
He is having toe surgery this summer hence won't be available
KPOM. That is the reported excuse for Moses' absence i.e. toe injury.

So he hurt his toe while diving??? :???: :???: :???: :???: :???: :???: :???: :???: :???: :???: :???: :???: :???:
Bros this kind thing don tire me. How come this guy has excessive proclivity for being injured whenever SE is about to play. SE has played about five matches this year he claimed injured in all cases apart from one. Bros it will take hard facts to convince me he is not deliberately feigning injuries. The earlier Rohr finds a permanent replacement for him the better. Or the boy needs to announce his retirement from international duty. He is too unreliable
He needs to schedule his next injury to come when SE is not playing. I hope that will solve the problem. :mrgreen:
Some posters on here are annoyingly stupid and selfish. Moses has to convince you for what? Who the heck are you? Let me tell you who you are - an ordinary internet poster, that's it. You are so ordinary and toothless, you can't even chew pap.

Imagine some people saying he should report to the SE immediately after his wedding. Those same people will ask their employers for time off when they get married or have a family situation. When it comes to the SE, we lose all sense of humanity.
They say he's injured and is scheduled for surgery, they say he should come and play rather than take care of his health, all to convince them that they are so special. I blame the Internet sha...nothing you won't read on here.
http://www.meditationsofthesoul.com

"My friends - "We need to really reassess the way we trash our national team, derogate some players and disrespect the people that run our football. Let the brand new Super Eagles become our new Brand of national pride.. The unifying identity for all.. Bar none!" - CE's The Great Seloweizer (6/24/13)

The Arsenal Football Club - "The Deeper The Foundation, The Stronger The Fortress."
Cally
Egg
Egg

Post by Cally »

bamenda boy wrote:
anointed wrote:Don't know if it's been posted. Moses is to undergo surgery on a toe. He was said to have played the last game on injections.
But he cannot play for Naija on injections?
Why should he do that? To make you happy?
http://www.meditationsofthesoul.com

"My friends - "We need to really reassess the way we trash our national team, derogate some players and disrespect the people that run our football. Let the brand new Super Eagles become our new Brand of national pride.. The unifying identity for all.. Bar none!" - CE's The Great Seloweizer (6/24/13)

The Arsenal Football Club - "The Deeper The Foundation, The Stronger The Fortress."
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Solid squad

Akpeyi
Omeuro, Awaziem, Ekong, Echiejile
Ndidi, Etebo, Agu
Iwobi, Iheanacho, Onyekuru
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

The list looks good. I hope Coach has enough time to get them ready because SA always plays against Nigeria as if its a Cup Final.

As for Moses, let the player be. It's reported that he's got a toe injury which partly explains why he ran at much less than his usual speed in the FA Cup final. In fact coming to think of it, I noticed that his speed dropped a notch at least a month or so ago. Players he'd normally blow right by, he'd struggle to turn the corner. The point is for me, Moses stopped looking 100% fit for a long while relative to his usual if not potentially explosive performances (see his highlights this season thru January or so 2017 and compare) which suggests to me that he's been hanging in there less than fully fit long before the end of the season.

Anyway we need fit players against SA because you can be sure that they will approach this game like there is a trophy on the line.
osita
Egg
Egg

Post by osita »

ohenhen1 wrote:Solid squad

Akpeyi
Ndidi, Etebo, Agu
Onazi will start ahead of agu. But will prefer agu to start. Your team is the best
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

Akpeyi
Ndidi, Etebo, Agu
Regardless of who plays on the day, we have a back-4 and GK deficit...
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Where are the China boys Ighalo and Ideye?
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
chief nfachairman
Egg
Egg

Post by chief nfachairman »

My Thoughts on the list

GoalKeepers:
Akpeyi, Ezenwa, Alampasu

This is still a very weak position. We need enyeama from now till after the world cup (we would qualify, Insha Allah) while Alampasu remains in the team for the future. Ikeme, Akpeyi, Ezenwa and Daniel should battle for the 3rd spot.

Defenders:
Echiejile, Troost-Ekong, Chidozie Awaziem, Ebuehi, Omeruo, Maroof Youssef(Zamalek), Shehu Abdullahi

*Awaziem has played himself into the first team. Now he would be under pressure to go on loan to a top division team if he doesn't get guarantees to start in the Porto first team. I wonder who drops out once Balogun gets back. I guess its going to be a fullback. and if Maroof is the shiii, and Aina comes through, then we in for serious competition in that left back role and Echiejile might just be the casualty (though we need his experience).

*Kingsley Madu has effectively lost his spot!
*Has Ebuehi owned the right back position?

Can only get better.

Midfielders:
Onazi, Ogu, Mikel Agu, Ndidi, Etebo, Alhassan Ibrahim

Uche Agbo has finally lost out. Just like Esiti did. THey would have to be playing in the moon to make it back into the team. Agu and Ndidi would fight for the DM position, Onazi and Ogu for the CM, Etebo, Alhassan for both CM and AM. Include Iwobi in the AM spot to.

Who gets dropped when Mikel gets back?

Interesting

Forwards:
Musa, Iheanacho, Kayode, Onyekuru, Iwobi, Osimhen, Simon Moses

ROhr really likes Osimhen and he probably likes him more bcos he is getting the German training.

so who gets dropped when Moses gets back? And Success? its Obvioius ROhr likes him. Ideye and Ighalo have effectively lost their spots to younger guys rising up fast in European football (Kayode and Osimhen).

My only worry though is that we dont have any physically strong attacker like ideye, ighalo or Emenike.

For any attacker to break into this team now, they would have to be scoring on the moon

If the likes of Awaziem, Osimhem cannot tie down first team shirts in the top flight division, including even Iheanacho, Rohr would drop em. The guy no send anybody papa.
chief nfachairman
Egg
Egg

Gotti wrote:

Akpeyi
Ndidi, Etebo, Agu
Regardless of who plays on the day, we have a back-4 and GK deficit...
With Ebuehi (playing regularly in the Dutch top flight), Ekong has gotten the first team shirt at Gent, Omeruo is a regualr and has played at the world cup and hopefully Aina comes hthrough or Youssef should just kill it.
kawawa
Egg
Egg

Post by kawawa »

theYemster wrote:
bully12 wrote:
Please Musa just got married was in the camp the next day . Excused for how many days for an important AFCON qualification. We missed last two AFCON tournaments because of non qualification. I know the list is good but we need our best players to achieve an optimum result and presumably he is one of our best. The guy better makes up his mind whether he wants to play for SE or not. His pranks is becoming egregiously exasperating.
Training for a big match means abstinence...what do you want him to do on his wedding night? :)
Also his second time. Maybe not novel anymore
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

chief nfachairman wrote:My Thoughts on the list

GoalKeepers:
Akpeyi, Ezenwa, Alampasu

This is still a very weak position. We need enyeama from now till after the world cup (we would qualify, Insha Allah) while Alampasu remains in the team for the future. Ikeme, Akpeyi, Ezenwa and Daniel should battle for the 3rd spot.

Defenders:
Echiejile, Troost-Ekong, Chidozie Awaziem, Ebuehi, Omeruo, Maroof Youssef(Zamalek), Shehu Abdullahi

*Awaziem has played himself into the first team. Now he would be under pressure to go on loan to a top division team if he doesn't get guarantees to start in the Porto first team. I wonder who drops out once Balogun gets back. I guess its going to be a fullback. and if Maroof is the shiii, and Aina comes through, then we in for serious competition in that left back role and Echiejile might just be the casualty (though we need his experience).

Can only get better.

Midfielders:

Uche Agbo has finally lost out. Just like Esiti did. THey would have to be playing in the moon to make it back into the team. Agu and Ndidi would fight for the DM position, Onazi and Ogu for the CM, Etebo, Alhassan for both CM and AM. Include Iwobi in the AM spot to.

Interesting

Forwards:

ROhr really likes Osimhen and he probably likes him more bcos he is getting the German training.

so who gets dropped when Moses gets back? And Success? its Obvioius ROhr likes him. Ideye and Ighalo have effectively lost their spots to younger guys rising up fast in European football (Kayode and Osimhen).

My only worry though is that we dont have any physically strong attacker like ideye, ighalo or Emenike.

For any attacker to break into this team now, they would have to be scoring on the moon

If the likes of Awaziem, Osimhem cannot tie down first team shirts in the top flight division, including even Iheanacho, Rohr would drop em. The guy no send anybody papa.

Ikeme should be back for Cameroon. We have to move on. Enyeama has retired. I see a lot of good goalkeepers in the NPFL. They just need experience.

Cito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cito »

theYemster wrote:
bully12 wrote:
Please Musa just got married was in the camp the next day . Excused for how many days for an important AFCON qualification. We missed last two AFCON tournaments because of non qualification. I know the list is good but we need our best players to achieve an optimum result and presumably he is one of our best. The guy better makes up his mind whether he wants to play for SE or not. His pranks is becoming egregiously exasperating.
Training for a big match means abstinence...what do you want him to do on his wedding night? :)
Is this really true? :sneaky:

http://www.cnn.com/2016/08/08/health/se ... rformance/
"If sex is going to affect performance, it will be via a lack of sleep. ... Wait until after your final event," he said, adding, "but I can't see any problems with having sex and then getting a good night's sleep."
They concluded that "the recovery capacity of an athlete could be affected if he had sexual intercourse approximately 2 hours before a competition event."
:D
"Learn from others whom have walked the path before you, but be smart enough to know when to cut your own trail."
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Bully12 or whatever your name is..you've been going on and on all over this forum talking rubbish, take this as a warning and let this be the last time you talk as if you are the one paying salary to the SE players. . Be very careful before you get banned. . You won't be warned again..I will deal with you if you continue this way
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

Is Ikeme injured again?

And as for Moses..... injury my eye! :lol:
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
chief nfachairman
Egg
Egg

ohenhen1 wrote:

GoalKeepers:
Akpeyi, Ezenwa, Alampasu

Defenders:

Can only get better.

Midfielders:

Interesting

Forwards:

Ikeme should be back for Cameroon. We have to move on. Enyeama has retired. I see a lot of good goalkeepers in the NPFL. They just need experience.
The best keepers in the Local league are already in the team. We need Eyeama in the team for the next 1.5yrs.
mystic
Egg
Egg

Post by mystic »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:Wow! Mikel Agu walked straight in and helped himself to a shirt like a boss. :clap: :clap:

No surprise here.
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

chief nfachairman wrote:
ohenhen1 wrote:

GoalKeepers:
Akpeyi, Ezenwa, Alampasu

Defenders:

Can only get better.

Midfielders:

Interesting

Forwards:

The best keepers in the Local league are already in the team. We need Eyeama in the team for the next 1.5yrs.
We should let Enyeama retire. He has served us well. Time with family is good. He can't play for the National team forever.

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

mystic wrote:
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:Wow! Mikel Agu walked straight in and helped himself to a shirt like a boss. :clap: :clap:

No surprise here.

Really! Is he that good? Btw Mr Mystic, u still owe us a depth chart . It's been over a yr since got one from u. Abeg do better one so we can start to remove the useless players from the ballers. :thumbs:
OCCUPY NFF!!
Spicyee
Egg
Egg

Post by Spicyee »

Good list, but thin on the MF options, especially the creative side. I hope Rohr plans to play Iheanacho as an AM or support striker.
mystic
Egg
Egg

Post by mystic »

bushboy wrote:With Naija coaches, we complained that the midfield was always very thin compared with the rest of the squad. Oyinbo man come, and yet the problem persists. So with the abundance of talent we have in the middle. Na this scanty bunch we fit list? Na wa. Esiti, Ajagun, Lawal, Nwakali and others must be wondering who they have to sleep with to get a call. Osimhen is on the list despite doing nothing all season in an area where we have several options, but the better performers in am area of "weakness" are not called? Hmmmm....
How many midfielders do you want him to call up?

On this list you have Onazi, Ndidi, Etebo, Iwobi, Shehu, Alhassan Ibrahim, Marouf, Ogu and Mikel Agu, that can all play in midfield.

Now if your argument is about who was invited rather than quantity of midfielders then that is another matter. Mind you, I am with you on Lawal and Esiti, but it's also hard to discount the quality of those invited. And while I personally wouldn't select Ogu over Esiti, the reality is that he played well enough against Senegal to deserve being called up for this match.

I also like Nwakali, by the way, and would like to see him being groomed for the future as is being done with the likes of Victor Osimhen and Chidozie Awaziem, but everyone can't be invited at once.