Russians parade in blackface ahead of Cameroon-Germany match

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

asabatex
Egg
Egg
Re: Russia....again

Post by asabatex »

Zee and Dr. Sabi-anus Okoro.... :(
Abaua1 wrote:I won't hold my breath. There are stupid sellouts here supporting anything Russian. The same Russians that will spit on them if they bump into them in Moscow. Just take a stroll in Rant and Rave and you will meet those shameless Trumpanzees.
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: Russians parade in blackface ahead of Cameroon-Germany m

Post by ohenhen1 »

Lebron James house was just attacked, vandalized in Los Angeles. Racist graffite written on his house.

America is the same country that they hang black men in the south even in 2016.

There are a lot of racist people in America. I haven't visited Russia.But I can only speak of my own experience. Racism is a serious problem in the US.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

platinum wrote:I'd love to see what Cameroon and CAF does about this.
Time for Africa to boycott the WC.
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

I ain't boycotting no world cup. I will be in Russia.

If I can handle the racism in America. I can surely handle the racism in Russia.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

ohenhen1 wrote:I ain't boycotting no world cup. I will be in Russia.

If I can handle the racism in America. I can surely handle the racism in Russia.
Good luck. :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

ohenhen1 wrote:Lebron James house was just attacked, vandalized in Los Angeles. Racist graffite written on his house.

America is the same country that they hang black men in the south even in 2016.

There are a lot of racist people in America. I haven't visited Russia.But I can only speak of my own experience. Racism is a serious problem in the US.
What we must understand as black people is that we have no allies and no one loves outside our own home!
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
charlie
Egg
Egg

Post by charlie »

pajimoh wrote::rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Camel-ruin
You are laughing? Do you think these racists will treat you any different?

Olodo Ignoramus....!
Kola nut lasts long for those that savor it
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

charlie wrote:
pajimoh wrote::rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Camel-ruin
You are laughing? Do you think these racists will treat you any different?

Olodo Ignoramus....!
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Abaua1
Egg
Egg

Post by Abaua1 »

ohenhen1 wrote:I ain't boycotting no world cup. I will be in Russia.

anointed
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anointed »

TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...
For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God. For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding...hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world? 21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Below I paste report of an action taken by a Nigerian who rightly felt insulted by the Sochi events and FIFA has since condemned the Sochi events as well as the City of Sochi retracted some things.

My disappointment is that there are people on this site who are deeply ignorant or may be something worse. Racism is neither a joke nor should it ever be ignored. Without action by others before you, the path that you thread today would never have been possible. You would perhaps be lynched for no other reason except that you are Black. Your ability to secure employment may be limited to some menial jobs. That those things now sound remote is because there were people brave enough to speak up and act. Never ever think that racism has disappeared. Far from it. It has changed its form but it remains ever present. Those who are ignorant should commit themselves to learning rather than continuing to exhibit ignorance. That is just my tuppence.
Opinion: 'Blackface' at Sochi Carnival is a teachable moment
By Lolade Adewuyi, Special to CNN
http://edition.cnn.com/2017/06/02/afric ... index.html
Updated 1132 GMT (1932 HKT) June 2, 2017

Lolade Adewuyi is a sports journalist and the former editor of Goal.com Nigeria. He is currently studying at the Russian International Olympic University.The opinions expressed in this commentary are solely those of the author.

(CNN)Sochi, home of the 2014 Olympic Winter Games, has been my home since September 2016 when I moved from Lagos Nigeria, to study at the Russian International Olympic University.

Unlike the nearby state capital, Krasnodar, where there are several universities with African students, in Sochi Africans are a rarity. I am regularly stopped on the street by strangers for photos.
However, I was surprised to see three men in blackface at the Sochi Carnival on Saturday. They wore Cameroon national team jerseys, Afro wigs and carried bananas on a string.

They were part of a float to celebrate the impending FIFA Confederations Cup that will see Germany, Australia, and Mexico play at the Fisht Stadium.

I decided to write a letter of protest to the city administration, asking the city to reprimand those responsible and to educate people about other cultures and sensitivities.

After the issue was picked up by the Associated Press, I was invited to a meeting with Anatoly Pakhomov, the Mayor of Sochi, two deputies and the local media on Wednesday afternoon.
Through an interpreter, the mayor and his team expressed their regret at the turn of events.
In a statement to the Associated Press the mayor apologized and described the incident as a one off that didn't reflect the city. The pictures have now been removed from the city's Facebook.

Many of the people I have spoken to in Sochi; friends, and colleagues at my university and residence, didn't see anything wrong I don't think they're bad people, they just don't understand.
However, there have been a number of unsettling racist incidents against Africans in Russian football. Former Anzhi Makhachkala defender Christopher Samba, from Congo, was pelted with a banana peel in 2012 by a fan of Lokomotiv Moscow
Nigerian striker Peter Odemwingie, whose mother is Russian, also suffered racism from fans of his former club Lokomotiv Moscow.
All eyes will be on Russia this June for the Confederations Cup and it is time for the country to confront and speak out against all forms of racism.
Sulley Muntari: Ghanaian would support player boycott in protest over racist abuse
Sulley Muntari: Ghanaian would support player boycott in protest over racist abuse
On Wednesday FIFA released a statement to the Associated Press that the action at the Sochi Carnival was "inappropriate" and "discriminatory."
In my meeting with the Mayor of Sochi, I told him there needs to be better education about racism, racist symbols, and other cultures. It's my sincere hope that this message permeates the country and brings about a much-needed change of attitude.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics