Henry Onyekuru

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin
Henry Onyekuru

Post by Waffiman »

Very good video.
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
paj
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: Henry Onyekuru

Post by paj »

work permit nko?
The Brunch Mixtape Project
Available on all major streaming platforms :)
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

The Euro trash music gave me a head ache!
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Tells you before the video starts that his weakness is teamwork. As good as he looks I'm not sure how if his style will go well in the EPL if you consider the fact that he offers little in terms of ball recovery work and covering space. However, the kid looks so good at what he does that he might be able to get away with it if he joins the right team. If he doesn't he will rot in the youth teams.
OCCUPY NFF!!
chief nfachairman
Egg
Egg

Post by chief nfachairman »

He plays like a Playstation character.

Imagine Nacho strking, Moses on the RIght, Onyekuru on the left and Iwobi or Etebo coming through the center. Madness!!!
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

This little phenomenon seems to have sprung from nowhere.
Does he have a Nigerian youth team history of any sort?
How did he end up in Belgium and where from?

Amazing. :clap:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

chief nfachairman wrote:He plays like a Playstation character.

Imagine Nacho strking, Moses on the RIght, Onyekuru on the left and Iwobi or Etebo coming through the center. Madness!!!
It's madness on PlayStation but n the green grass it's called a massive counter attacking opportunity. :thumb:
OCCUPY NFF!!
tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by tolahs »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:Tells you before the video starts that his weakness is teamwork. As good as he looks I'm not sure how if his style will go well in the EPL if you consider the fact that he offers little in terms of ball recovery work and covering space. However, the kid looks so good at what he does that he might be able to get away with it if he joins the right team. If he doesn't he will rot in the youth teams.
Common Sultan - he's one for the future - been scouted & they know what to do with him. Don't know about work permit - if that fails, he'll be loaned out to a team where he can improve his overall game.
If I give you a good wine, you will see how it tastes and after you ask where it comes from,'' ""To put players in my team who are not good enough will not strengthen the England team, and would weaken the Arsenal team.''The only thing I can say is that whenever England do not win it is always my fault,even when I am not at the game".Wenger said.
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

the boy is very talented. Appears to be one-legged (right footed left winger).
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
realtrouble
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by realtrouble »

how come I didn't heard of this young talent
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

paj wrote:work permit nko?
He is the highest goal scorer in the Belgian league. What did Kelechi Iheanacho and Gabriel Jesus do in their life compared to scoring the most goals in a respectable European league?
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:the boy is very talented. Appears to be one-legged (right footed left winger).
Wrong
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

Damunk wrote:This little phenomenon seems to have sprung from nowhere.

one of the Aspire boys
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Cheiii I know say na Belgium but that bobo has some pace and skill ohhhh :scared: can't wait to see him in the preseason :thumb:
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
wale1974
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wale1974 »

realtrouble wrote:how come I didn't heard of this young talent
Too much EPL.
"Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds!" - Bob Marley
slyk
Egg
Egg

Post by slyk »

Impressive. Seems to be a hybrid of Walcott, the Ox and Aguero. He has Walcott's burst of speed, the Ox's close control and Aguero's finishing. Very promising. It would be good to see what he can do against better competition but the tools are there.

If it is true that he has signed for Arsenal, then he could not have signed for a better manager. He will develop without too much pressure being placed on him.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Waffiman wrote: Very good video.
Okay.....this boy is good! :D
I believe what people are describing as a lack of teamwork is simply his supreme confidence in his own ability - something all great players must have. Its almost an arrogance, but in a good way. Okocha certainly had it.

U can tell that he has quickly developed that confidence in Belgium and all his opponents are already giving him that 'respect', which only makes him better.
He just has to continue his development in a higher league nd we have our own Eden Hazard.

What I like most about him is his excellent close ball control even at high speed and his speed of thought.
Wenger, do your thing.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Man Ataye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Man Ataye »

Damunk wrote:This little phenomenon seems to have sprung from nowhere.

So true.. Mayb scouts need to pay more attention & comb the fields!!!!
The wars fought in the world are only a reflection of the wars fought within people....
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Plays like Henry
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

txj wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:the boy is very talented. Appears to be one-legged (right footed left winger).
Wrong
I hope I am wrong. Will watch the videos again. I saw him shoot exclusively with his right foot, and barely even used the left during dribbles.
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

He is okay, still needs to work on his game. Arsenal will be a good move. But there are some concerns. Will he get playing time. He might,because I think Arsenal will sell players.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

Damunk wrote:
Waffiman wrote: Very good video.
Okay.....this boy is good! :D
I believe what people are describing as a lack of teamwork is simply his supreme confidence in his own ability - something all great players must have. Its almost an arrogance, but in a good way. Okocha certainly had it.

U can tell that he has quickly developed that confidence in Belgium and all his opponents are already giving him that 'respect', which only makes him better.
He just has to continue his development in a higher league nd we have our own Eden Hazard.

What I like most about him is his excellent close ball control even at high speed and his speed of thought.
Wenger, do your thing.
He'll need to adapt his game a bit. Coaches like Conte, Poch, JM, Pepe would prefer he plays for the team more. Team glory before personal glory.

But no doubt he has good ball skills even at insane pace. He has the ability to draw a few players towards him. That's when he needs to learn to use the killer ball to other players
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
bully12
Egg
Egg

Post by bully12 »

I watched his highlights a longtime ago that was why I became astounded when it seemed that Rohr was not inviting him to Super eagles camp . He definitely reminded me of Thiery Henry. And I'm sure Arsenal was looking at him through this same lens. The question now will he be as assiduous, determined and dedicated as Henry was when his career started. He has prodigious talent if he can apply himself seriously the sky is limit . Most of us are witnesses to what hard work did to Cristiano Ronaldo's career.Hopefully he doesn't become unnecessarily satisfied with a little accomplishment but has gargantuan ambition to be the best in the world. I heartily believe he has the tools and skills to accomplish it.