NIGERIA 3 vs TOGO 0 (FT)

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: NIGERIA 3 vs TOGO 0 (FT)

Post by platinum »

ToGo over. 3-0
Last edited by platinum on Thu Jun 01, 2017 8:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle
Re: NIGERIA 3 vs TOGO 0 (HT)

Post by Bigpokey24 »

chief nfachairman wrote:
YUJAM wrote:He plays RB when Chelsea shifts to that. Problem with Moses is he doesn't score enough. But his endurance and running power are top notch which is why IMO he should be RB
Bigpokey24 wrote:
YUJAM wrote:Moses should play RB. This will accommodate forwards that are more creative and at the same time use his strong running down the goank
no Nigerian winger today is better than Moses.. fyi Moses is yet to debut as a right back for any football team.. RWB isn't RB

Primarily the difference is in the system deployed tactically. A wingback plays in a 3-5-2 formation i.e a 3-man defense, 2 wingbacks, 3 midfielders and 2 forwards.But a fullback plays in a 4-man defensive system.

A wingback is expected to go up and down their respective wings to support in attack when in possession and come back and defend when out of possession.

A fullback's primary job is to defend first and then if the team is on the ascendancy, join in on the attack.
Bigpokey is correct. A RWB is like a CM on the wings. Deploy a CM to CD and he would fail monumentally.
Also ,Alonso was a LM , converted to LWB
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

naijaguy wrote:Owngoal Nigeria posted a fake youtube link that didn't work on their website. Later now, they'll start awarding ratings as if they warched the game

:rotf: :rotf:
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
paj
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by paj »

naijaguy wrote:Owngoal Nigeria posted a fake youtube link that didn't work on their website. Later now, they'll start awarding ratings as if they warched the game
:blink:
The Brunch Mixtape Project
Available on all major streaming platforms :)
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: NIGERIA 1 V TOGO 0 (1H)

Post by mcal »

highbury wrote:Giant of Africa and can't get a stream to air her games :boo: :boo: :boo: Can't even pay the Europeans to air her game :boo: :boo: :boo: Giant of Africa my yansh :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: The real giant of Africa is South Africa
...why do you like to put Nigeria, your country, down just like that?

Copyright, CE and brown envelope under the table takers association :laugh:
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Kayode and Onyekuru did not score in the game o! And from all indication this was an easy game.
Idika
Egg
Egg

Post by Idika »

mcal wrote:
highbury wrote:Giant of Africa and can't get a stream to air her games :boo: :boo: :boo: Can't even pay the Europeans to air her game :boo: :boo: :boo: Giant of Africa my yansh :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: The real giant of Africa is South Africa

The truth is bitter. Nigeria is Dwarf of Africa.
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: NIGERIA 3 vs TOGO 0 (1H)

Post by mcal »

Tbite wrote:Abeg lets call a shovel a shovel.

There is no way I would start Musa over Moses (Assuming the choice is between the two), although I insist they should be playing two completely different roles.

The ONLY reason I bench Moses over Musa for the SE is for reasons OUTSIDE of football. Like he doesn't show up in training, he fakes an injury, he picks a fight with someone etc.

but on the green grass, Moses benches Musa all day every day. I don't even have to think about it!
...and Moses will hear/read this and his head will become bigger and bigger, and he will tanda home, and you'l make do with what you got, Musa all the way :thumbs: :thumbs:
Idika
Egg
Egg

Post by Idika »

1naija wrote:Kayode and Onyekuru did not score in the game o! And from all indication this was an easy game.
They need difficult games to score, when all hopes are lost. :D
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

Idika wrote:
mcal wrote:

The truth is bitter. Nigeria is Dwarf of Africa.
...that's an insult to Nigeria. You don't put your country down :laugh: :laugh:
Robotnik
Egg
Egg

Post by Robotnik »

Nigerias pattern has been to score in the first half and lock shop in the second. (Zambia, Algeria..and now Togo) We have also shown character to come back from a deficit each time we went down a goal (Senegal, Corsica).

This is the mentality of champions in the making!
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

You guys are very very funny, but a few things need to be kept into perspective.

At best this was a Togo B team. It was a very experimental side, with the bulk of their 2017 ANC team being left behind, and not even called up for the match.

The few veterans and key players that were called up for this match did not even play.

The likes of Adebayor and Ayite did not play.

Key players from the last ANC, like Gakpe, Ayite brother, Dossevi, Romao, akakpo did not play.

It seems we scored 2 GOALS as a result of the goalkeeper fumbling the ball.

For all of your information, this match was the goalkeepers FIRST CAP, and he is only 19 YEARS OLD !!!

6 of the first 11 have 5 CAPS OR LOWER.

In short this was a CRAP TEAM that we played, so nobody should be thinking ahead of ourselves, and nobody should be decieved by the tap ins that Musa scored against a crappy team and a 19 year old keeper playing his first international match.

Musa is still a garbage player, and anybody who thinks he should be leading us against either south Africa or Cameroon, or any other team we happen to play for that matter needs their head checked.

I dont read ANYTHING into this result. The fact we needed 2 goalkeeper mistakes from a 19 year old debutant to score goals against an experimental Togo B team should actually have us more worried than anything.

The South Africa game will let us know where we are currently, but honestly Ahmed Musa does not cut it. He hasn't for a very long time, and anybody who said he played well against senegal does not know what the hell they are talking about. He was crap. Simon Moses was only slightly better.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

1naija wrote:Kayode and Onyekuru did not score in the game o! And from all indication this was an easy game.

They didn't have the goalkeeper spilling easy sitters for them.
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

vancity eagle wrote:You guys are very very funny, but a few things need to be kept into perspective.

At best this was a Togo B team. It was a very experimental side, with the bulk of their 2017 ANC team being left behind, and not even called up for the match.

The few veterans and key players that were called up for this match did not even play.

Key players from the last ANC, like Gakpe, Ayite brother, Dossevi, Romao, akakpo did not play.

For all of your information, this match was the goalkeepers FIRST CAP, and he is only 19 YEARS OLD !!!

In short this was a CRAP TEAM that we played, so nobody should be thinking ahead of ourselves, and nobody should be decieved by the tap ins that Musa scored against a crappy team and a 19 year old keeper playing his first international match.

Musa is still a garbage player, and anybody who thinks he should be leading us against either south Africa or Cameroon, or any other team we happen to play for that matter needs their head checked.

I dont read ANYTHING into this result. The fact we needed 2 goalkeeper mistakes from a 19 year old debutant to score goals against an experimental Togo B team should actually have us more worried than anything.

The South Africa game will let us know where we are currently, but honestly Ahmed Musa does not cut it. He hasn't for a very long time, and anybody who said he played well against senegal does not know what the hell they are talking about. He was crap. Simon Moses was only slightly better.
I am struggling to find the point of this post. Are you saying because this was Togo's B team we shouldn't have won? Or what exactly is your point?
doctorollie
Egg
Egg

Post by doctorollie »

Get a grip bro!

vancity eagle wrote:You guys are very very funny, but a few things need to be kept into perspective.

Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

1naija wrote:

I am struggling to find the point of this post. Are you saying because this was Togo's B team we shouldn't have won? Or what exactly is your point?
Lol,you can't take such statements seriously!
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

1naija wrote:

He made several points...
The coach played Musa who is garbage. The coach is threatening to go the way of Keshi by playing junks. Ivory Coast is the best.
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”
Babalawo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Babalawo »

And a Nigerian side who played Osimenhen and Onyekuru is not an experimental side? Dude quit the garbage.
Peter Obi For President 2023
Synopsis
Egg
Egg

Post by Synopsis »

NIGERIA fielded a "B" team too.
chuks69
Egg
Egg

Post by chuks69 »

I was in the stadium live and watched the game till the end..The Eagles had a great first half.. Mike Agu and Chidozie Awaziem are solid additions to the Eagles. The Oyekuru dude had a poor game..Iheanacho was OK, but needs to get tight ball control.. Iwobi, Musa were electrifying in the first half. Etebo was OK, but definitely not a #10.. Nigeria hasn't hit jackpot in Ebuehi, good on the ball, but poor defensively..doesn't like to get involved in the game..Willam Ekong was also massive again...
afc##
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

vancity eagle wrote:

They didn't have the goalkeeper spilling easy sitters for them.
Why not? What stopped them from having that? :taunt:
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

Synopsis wrote:NIGERIA fielded a "B" team too.
Don't mind VE...
How many caps does Awaziem, Ikechukwu, Mikel Agu, Ebuehi, etc, have?
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

chuks69 wrote:I was in the stadium live and watched the game till the end..The Eagles had a great first half.. Mike Agu and Chidozie Awaziem are solid additions to the Eagles. The Oyekuru dude had a poor game..Iheanacho was OK, but needs to get tight ball control.. Iwobi, Musa were electrifying in the first half. Etebo was OK, but definitely not a #10.. Nigeria hasn't hit jackpot in Ebuehi, good on the ball, but poor defensively..doesn't like to get involved in the game..Willam Ekong was also massive again...
Thanks... :thumb:
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL