SE v TOGO: Player Ratings.....

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet
SE v TOGO: Player Ratings.....

Post by Enugu II »

How Eagles rate vs Togo – Iwobi shines, Etebo flops
By admin - June 1, 2017487 0
http://scorenigeria.com.ng/2017/06/01/h ... o-flopped/

SCORENIGERIA rates the individual performances of the Super Eagles in Thursday night’s friendly against Togo in Paris, which Nigeria won comfortably 3-0.

Ikechukwu Ezenwa 6

The FC Ifeanyiubah goalkeeper made three saves in the first half, but he was mostly not troubled by a poor Togo team.

Elderson Echiejile 6 (skipper)

He did enough to get by but there wasn’t much to do as the opponents did not really threaten the Eagles goal.

Shehu Abdullahi 7

The top defender on the night, attacking and defending with confidence and now looks most likely to start at right back against South Africa ahead of Tyronne Ebuehi.

Chidozie Awaziem 6

The FC Porto II defender played the entire 90 minutes, but will certainly lose his place in the first team to the more experienced Kenneth Omeruo for the match against Bafana Bafana in Uyo.

William Troost-Ekong 5

An average outing, seemed to struggle when he is not playing alongside the classier Leon Balogun. He made several hurried and unnecessary clearances.

Wilfred Ndidi 8

A command performance by the Leicester City boy. He should keep his place for the South Africa showdown.

Mikel Agu 7

Another solid showing and with more confidence he could be mainstay of this team in the long run. Keep an eye on this FC Porto protégé.

Ogehenekaro Etebo 4

The Portugal-based midfielder was far below his high standards, losing balls in the engine room and hardly putting a foot right on the night. A bad day in the office especially for someone rumoured to have interested some top clubs across Europe.

Ahmed Musa 8

He netted two goals and was full of lihe, a sharp contrast from the picture of despair he cut in Friday’s friendly against Corsica. He took his chances well and this should further boost his self-belief.

Alex Iwobi 9

MAN OF THE MATCH by a mile with his family in the stands. He assisted for the first two goals and his intelligence and all-round play really caught the eye.

Kelechi Iheanacho 7

Scored in his third straight game this year to justify why Gernot Rohr has made him the arrow head of his attack. But he could do a lot more with his all-round play.

Dele Alampasu 6

Made a save on his debut and exuded confidence when he came on for Ezenwa.

Tyronne Ebuehi 5

Average performance by the ADO Den Haag right fullback, who started the second half in place of Shehu Abdullahi.

Uche Agbo 5

He was also average in a rather dull second half, where both sides trued to keep possession.

Victor Osimhen 5

He showed his battling instincts when he was introduced, but often his final ball let him down.

Henry Onyekuru 5

Arsenal-bound forward showed some dazzling footwork, but nothing more. He never really warmed up to the game.

Sikiru Olatunbosun 5

He got his chance to impress but did not really take it.

Kayode 5

As always full of running, but did not really settle down before the game was blown off.

No Rating because of very limited playing time –Alhassan Ibrahim, Stephen Odey

EAGLES (4-3-2-1) vs Togo

Ikechukwu Ezenwa (Dele Alampasu 69) – Elderson Echiejile (skipper) (Stephen Odey 88), Shehu Abdullahi (Tyronne Ebuehi 46), Chidozie Awaziem, William Troost-Ekong – Wilfred Ndidi (Uche Agbo 57), Mikel Agu (Alhassan Ibrahim ‘Muazzam 85), Ogehenekaro Etebo (Henry Onyekuru 57) – Ahmed Musa (Victor Osimhen 46), Alex Iwobi (Sikiru Olatunbosun 69) – Kelechi Iheanacho (Olanrewaju Kayode 69)
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: SE v TOGO: Player Ratings.....

Post by Kabalega »

Enugu II wrote:How Eagles rate vs Togo – Iwobi shines, Etebo flops

SCORENIGERIA rates the individual performances of the Super Eagles in Thursday night’s friendly against Togo in Paris, which Nigeria won comfortably 3-0.

Ikechukwu Ezenwa 6

The FC Ifeanyiubah goalkeeper made three saves in the first half, but he was mostly not troubled by a poor Togo team.

He did enough to get by but there wasn’t much to do as the opponents did not really threaten the Eagles goal.
I stopped reading ....
“If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.”- Sun Tzu
osita
Egg
Egg

Post by osita »

How did they watch the match? They seem confused with the ratings.
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

Etebo was a flop, yet he provided assistance for the 3rd goal :???:
I am happy
doctorollie
Egg
Egg

Post by doctorollie »

You can tell whoever did this bogus and fake ratings didn't watch the match! Same applies to the ratings supplied when SE played earlier in the week (he just lifted NFF Twitter feeds lol)

Enugu II wrote:
How Eagles rate vs Togo – Iwobi shines, Etebo flops

Ikechukwu Ezenwa 6

Shehu Abdullahi 7

The top defender on the night, attacking and defending with confidence and now looks most likely to start at right back against South Africa ahead of Tyronne Ebuehi.

Chidozie Awaziem 6

The FC Porto II defender played the entire 90 minutes, but will certainly lose his place in the first team to the more experienced Kenneth Omeruo for the match against Bafana Bafana in Uyo.

William Troost-Ekong 5

An average outing, seemed to struggle when he is not playing alongside the classier Leon Balogun. He made several hurried and unnecessary clearances.

Wilfred Ndidi 8

A command performance by the Leicester City boy. He should keep his place for the South Africa showdown.

Mikel Agu 7

Another solid showing and with more confidence he could be mainstay of this team in the long run. Keep an eye on this FC Porto protégé.

Ogehenekaro Etebo 4

The Portugal-based midfielder was far below his high standards, losing balls in the engine room and hardly putting a foot right on the night. A bad day in the office especially for someone rumoured to have interested some top clubs across Europe.

Ahmed Musa 8

He netted two goals and was full of lihe, a sharp contrast from the picture of despair he cut in Friday’s friendly against Corsica. He took his chances well and this should further boost his self-belief.

Alex Iwobi 9

MAN OF THE MATCH by a mile with his family in the stands. He assisted for the first two goals and his intelligence and all-round play really caught the eye.

Kelechi Iheanacho 7

Scored in his third straight game this year to justify why Gernot Rohr has made him the arrow head of his attack. But he could do a lot more with his all-round play.

Dele Alampasu 6

Made a save on his debut and exuded confidence when he came on for Ezenwa.

Tyronne Ebuehi 5

Average performance by the ADO Den Haag right fullback, who started the second half in place of Shehu Abdullahi.

Uche Agbo 5

He was also average in a rather dull second half, where both sides trued to keep possession.

Victor Osimhen 5

He showed his battling instincts when he was introduced, but often his final ball let him down.

Henry Onyekuru 5

Arsenal-bound forward showed some dazzling footwork, but nothing more. He never really warmed up to the game.

Sikiru Olatunbosun 5

He got his chance to impress but did not really take it.

Kayode 5

As always full of running, but did not really settle down before the game was blown off.

No Rating because of very limited playing time –Alhassan Ibrahim, Stephen Odey

EAGLES (4-3-2-1) vs Togo

Ikechukwu Ezenwa (Dele Alampasu 69) – Elderson Echiejile (skipper) (Stephen Odey 88), Shehu Abdullahi (Tyronne Ebuehi 46), Chidozie Awaziem, William Troost-Ekong – Wilfred Ndidi (Uche Agbo 57), Mikel Agu (Alhassan Ibrahim ‘Muazzam 85), Ogehenekaro Etebo (Henry Onyekuru 57) – Ahmed Musa (Victor Osimhen 46), Alex Iwobi (Sikiru Olatunbosun 69) – Kelechi Iheanacho (Olanrewaju Kayode 69)
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

owngoal nigeria ratings are VERY different.

According to them Etebo, Awaziem, and Troost had very good games, unlike this source. However both ratings had Iwobi as the man of the match, but that could easily have been guessed by the few posts on the NFF twitter feed.

I dont trust anybody's ratings tbh. I did not see the match, we beat a very weak team, and I will just leave it at that.

Somebody is full of it. I mean how can Troost get a 5 and Awaziem a 6 when we did not allow any goals, and most reports say we were hardly threatened.

ANd why do subs always get a 5 or 6 no matter how they played. Some of these subs played a whole half. Are they really trying to tell me that Oshimen and Ebuehi were that bad to get a 5. I mean Oshimen played a whole half for crying out loud. If after 45 minutes you get a 5, I would expect that you had a piss poor game, yet did anybody report that Oshimen was that poor.

These poor excuses for journalists, abeg they should just stick to being something else because they aint journalists.
bully12
Egg
Egg

Post by bully12 »

vancity eagle wrote:owngoal nigeria ratings are VERY different.

According to them Etebo, Awaziem, and Troost had very good games, unlike this source. However both ratings had Iwobi as the man of the match, but that could easily have been guessed by the few posts on the NFF twitter feed.

I dont trust anybody's ratings tbh. I did not see the match, we beat a very weak team, and I will just leave it at that.

Somebody is full of it. I mean how can Troost get a 5 and Awaziem a 6 when we did not allow any goals, and most reports say we were hardly threatened.

ANd why do subs always get a 5 or 6 no matter how they played. Some of these subs played a whole half. Are they really trying to tell me that Oshimen and Ebuehi were that bad to get a 5. I mean Oshimen played a whole half for crying out loud. If after 45 minutes you get a 5, I would expect that you had a piss poor game, yet did anybody report that Oshimen was that poor.

These poor excuses for journalists, abeg they should just stick to being something else because they aint journalists.
Where is owngoal rating ? Post it if you can
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

Dammy wrote:Etebo was a flop, yet he provided assistance for the 3rd goal :???:
It's conceivable. Besides the report says he "performed below his high standards". You're the one who said has was a flop.
O-Qua Tangin Wann! Die with memories, not dreams.™

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Dammy wrote:Etebo was a flop, yet he provided assistance for the 3rd goal :???:
Its possible nah.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

vancity eagle wrote:Somebody is full of it. I mean how can Troost get a 5 and Awaziem a 6 when we did not allow any goals, and most reports say we were hardly threatened.
You can get a subpar rating due to not having enough data. Doesn't mean you were poor. If Togo didn't threaten because they didn't make any attempts then you can't accurately assess the defenders.

You can also get scored on individual qualities such as your positioning, spatial awareness, organizational skills, decision making, tackling, communication and leadership abilities even if the TEAM didn't concede a goal.
O-Qua Tangin Wann! Die with memories, not dreams.™

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

bully12 wrote:
vancity eagle wrote:owngoal nigeria ratings are VERY different.

Where is owngoal rating ? Post it if you can
The Super Eagles of Nigeria defeated their counterparts from Togo in a friendly game played in France yesterday to help both teams prepare for their upcoming AFCON 2019 Qualifiers.

Nigeria maintained their unbeaten run under coach Gernot Rohr with a convincing 3-0 win over their counterparts from Togo, Owngoalnigeria.com Michael James who was at the stadium rates the Super Eagles players on parade.
Ratings..

Ikechukwu Ezenwa – Truly was on holiday for most of the 70 minutes he spent oxn the pitch. Although impressed with his constant barking out of instructions to his defenders which helped in keeping them on their toes….. 6/10

Shehu Abdullahi – Solid display from the right back position. Won his tackles neatly and also used the ball to good effect, was quick in joining the attack when he had to. Justified his starting spot….. 7/10

Elderson Echiejile – Senior man like most of his young teammates call him kept it simple at the back, wasn’t caught out of position, held his line brilliantly and his forays upfront helped dragged the Togolese defenders out of position which profited the forwards of the team…..7/10

Chidozie Awaziem – Strong in tackles, loves to play with the ball at his feet and very dominant in aerial duels. Had a game to remember alongside William Troost-Ekong in central defence. No doubt the FC Porto man has a bright future in the team if he maintains or improve on his current rate of progression….. 7.5/10

William Troost–Ekong – Plays with an unusual show of authority, big, strong and commanding. He has grown into one of the leaders of this team, and once again his partnership with Awaziem protected Ezenwa who had little to do due to their hardwork….. 7.5/10

Wilfred Ndidi – Simply unplayable, he was very dominant for Nigeria in the middle. Linked up well with the likes of Alex Iwobi and Oghenekaro Etebo in the middle with him. A future Super Eagles captain…..8/10

Mikel Agu – The FC Porto man appears to have won the heart of coach Gernot Rohr, he was quick in spotting danger and sniffing it out. Won his own fair share of tackles and barring any late minute change of mind could start against South Africa on the strength of his showing in training, and in the games against Corsica and Togo….. 8/10

Oghenekaro Etebo – Unselfishly set up Kelechi Iheanacho for Nigeria’s third goal. Guilty of losing possession early into the game but grew as the games progressed. Very lively for the time he was on and came close to scoring twice….. 7.5/10

Alex Iwobi – Man of the Match. Has way too much class for the Togolese defenders. Operating from the left he set up Ahmed Musa for his both goals and showed some nice pair of heels to get pass his markers with ease. His neat range of passes left the defenders of Togo in their wake….. 9/10

Ahmed Musa – Had another lively performance just like the Corsica game and capped it up with a brace. Took his goals with the calmness of a veteran forward. Surprisingly doesn’t looked match rusty despite his lack of game time at Leicester City during the just concluded football season in England.

Kelechi Iheanacho – Seven goals in ten games for Nigeria says it all. Twice brought out saves from the Togolese goalkeeper before tapping the ball into am empty net for what might be one of his easiest goals in the Nigerian shirt. Took up goal scoring positions and dragged the Togolese defenders out of position with his non stop diagonal runs across the backline of Togo….. 8.5/10.

Substitutes :

Dele Alampasu – Just like Ezenwa had nothing to do for the 20 minutes he was on the pitch. Will be glad his debut ended with a clean sheet for Nigeria…..5/10

Tyronne Ebuehi – Lost his starting spot to Shehu Abdullahi but still showed his qualities when he was introduced. Very attack minded and his willingness to get on the ball most times speaks volume of his abilities as a modern day full back….. 5.5/10

Victor Osimhen – Had to shake off the ball and very confident even in tight areas. Came on when Nigeria have taken their foot of the gas, but still did enough to make his presence noticed….. 6/10

Sikiru Olatubosun – Didn’t touch the ball enough to warrant a rating…..

Olarewaju Kayode – Showed his quick pair of heels and abilities to get past his markers. Loves to defend as well, and always looking to play forward passes to help maintain the team momentum going forward….. 6/10

Henry Onyekuru – Got involved when he came on but didn’t get into goal scoring positions unlike the previous game against Corsica. Still showed glimpses of his potentials with good link up play and neat passes…… 5/10

Alhassan Ibrahim – Mu’azam didn’t really influenced the game like he did against Corsica as he lasted just five minutes on the pitch. Not enough to earn a rating…..

Michael James
I am happy
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

Yet, some so called analysts rated Awaziem average

French Journalist Rates Awaziem High Among Players Who Made Their Debut Against Togo
June 2, 2017

Mitchell Paul who watched the Super Eagles of Nigeria against Togo in their 3-0 win have given his view on the ten Nigerian players who made their debut in the friendly game.

The French journalists who has been covering African football for close to two decades said the future of the Super Eagles is assured judging by the rate at which young players are been given a chance by coach Gernot Rohr.

A total of ten players made their debut in yesterday’s game which is officially recognised by FIFA unlike the game against Corsica, which has no bearing on the caps of a player as Corsica isn’t an affiliate of FIFA.

” Ten promising players made their debut for Nigeria yesterday, and I saw a glimpse of what the future looks like for Nigerian football. Very bright if you ask me. Rohr has gotten a near perfect match of young but widely experienced players in the team”, he told Owngoalnigeria.com.

” I was particularly impressed with the FC Porto defender Chidozie Awaziem who played in central defence alongside William Troost-Ekong. He was very confident on the ball and assured in duels. He is my top pick among the ten players who made their debut.

” Osimhen didn’t do badly after coming on, so too Mikel Agu, but Awaziem had a display to remember in defence for Nigeria. Porto have a real gem on their hands “.

Michael James
http://owngoalnigeria.com/2017/06/02/fr ... inst-togo/
I am happy
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

I didn't watch the game and cannot provide my own rating. However, let's bear in mind that no rating is objective. All ratings are subjective and based on the writer's own thinking. If we all watched the game, we would have our own subjective ratings as well.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

I think we should ban ratings on this site if the game is not televised or streamed online.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
heavyd
Egg
Egg

Post by heavyd »

ohenhen1 wrote:I think we should ban ratings on this site if the game is not televised or streamed online.
so people who watched the game should not give their opinions :roll:

Like Enugu II said its all subjective. I don't know why people get so hot under the collar for mundane things.
YNWA
Polly
Egg
Egg

Post by Polly »

Of course all ratings are subjective.

But no ratings should ever be based on (h)earsay.
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Looks like the friendly was successful. We tested a lot of new players. The result didn't matter.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Enugu II wrote:I didn't watch the game and cannot provide my own rating. However, let's bear in mind that no rating is objective. All ratings are subjective and based on the writer's own thinking. If we all watched the game, we would have our own subjective ratings as well.
Thank you! :agree: :agree: :agree: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.