Livecast: Please shame the NFF here

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Polly
Egg
Egg
Livecast: Please shame the NFF here

Post by Polly »

Following yet another match that could not even been seen online, I move that all cybers slam the NFF here.

In virtually every other nation, matches are not streamed to the web, and therefore available for viewing when not on TV. But the NFF, as lazy as always, makes no arrangements for matches our teams play. Someone simply stands on Twitter and jabbers out comments during a match.

If you think, as I do, that we can do better than this, please do not hide your feelings. Moderators, you may also wish to enter a comment on behalf of us all, perhaps a one-paragraph editorial telling NFF where to jump off.
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.
Re: Livecast: Please shame the NFF here

Post by Cellular »

Polly wrote:Following yet another match that could not even been seen online, I move that all cybers slam the NFF here.

In virtually every other nation, matches are not streamed to the web, and therefore available for viewing when not on TV. But the NFF, as lazy as always, makes no arrangements for matches our teams play. Someone simply stands on Twitter and jabbers out comments during a match.

If you think, as I do, that we can do better than this, please do not hide your feelings. Moderators, you may also wish to enter a comment on behalf of us all, perhaps a one-paragraph editorial telling NFF where to jump off.
Don't worry, Pinnick is now CAF's problem on his way to being FIFA executive.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

They don't have money to pay wages you want them to spend money televising a friendly? Until they become "marketing" savvy and people like you are willing to pay instead of looking for free links then it's not viable
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
truetalk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by truetalk »

PaJimoh is correct. I assumed NFF'S new sponsorship deal will take care of payment & bonus issues, but I just ran into the team at Abuja airport, & spoke to a couple of them & I was told no allowance was paid to them.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

pajimoh wrote:They don't have money to pay wages you want them to spend money televising a friendly? Until they become "marketing" savvy and people like you are willing to pay instead of looking for free links then it's not viable
Spend money or earn money. Why could they not stream the game and have the viewers pay for it?
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

Enugu II wrote:
pajimoh wrote:They don't have money to pay wages you want them to spend money televising a friendly? Until they become "marketing" savvy and people like you are willing to pay instead of looking for free links then it's not viable
Spend money or earn money. Why could they not stream the game and have the viewers pay for it?
Not that easy. Where there's market, providers will fill the void. Take a pole here from forumers and let only those who have paid for at least 3 Nigerian matches in the last 5 years online say "yeah"? The bottom line is we don't like to drop our credit card digits, at least not in the numbers that would attract a private entity to fill the void. We are "freebie" people.

Serious footballing nations that are willing to pay for jerseys and watch their teams creates a vibrant support structure to make it happen

Our local league just went offline and you're complaining about 2 or 3 international matches
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

pajimoh wrote:
Enugu II wrote:
Not that easy. Where there's market, providers will fill the void. Take a pole here from forumers and let only those who have paid for at least 3 Nigerian matches in the last 5 years online say "yeah"? The bottom line is we don't like to drop our credit card digits, at least not in the numbers that would attract a private entity to fill the void. We are "freebie" people.

Serious footballing nations that are willing to pay for jerseys and watch their teams creates a vibrant support structure to make it happen

Our local league just went offline and you're complaining about 2 or 3 international matches
Bros,

Actually (from what I understand) there were several people who paid for the streaming of Nigeria v Senegal. I was willing to pay but they restricted it to paying in Naira (If I remember correctly) and the streaming failed. I was also willing to pay to watch the local NPFL games but again the streaming failed. I do not believe it is not having people to pay but having a quality product that is reliable. Most of us who want to watch Nigeria subscribe specifically for channels like beinsports but you are only able to see them in competitive games.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

Enugu II wrote:
pajimoh wrote:
Enugu II wrote:

Bros,

Actually (from what I understand) there were several people who paid for the streaming of Nigeria v Senegal. I was willing to pay but they restricted it to paying in Naira (If I remember correctly) and the streaming failed. I was also willing to pay to watch the local NPFL games but again the streaming failed. I do not believe it is not having people to pay but having a quality product that is reliable. Most of us who want to watch Nigeria subscribe specifically for channels like beinsports but you are only able to see them in competitive games.
Bro, you're willing to pay and a few others does not equate .to enough numbers to make it viable to investors. People have tried in the past. Even investin in staging live games abroad is very risky. Very low patronage. Internet coverage is no different
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

Funny enough, if you now take it upon yourself to film and stream their games and share the proceeds, these guys will hit you with red tape long enough to wrap an elephant.

As long as there's free gomment money to be shared, they will be NO interest in pursuing other revenue streams. That one will take work... why work, when there's free gomment money?
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

Polly wrote:Following yet another match that could not even been seen online, I move that all cybers slam the NFF here.

...soon their bag carriers will ask you to come contribute instead of yabbing from your loft :laugh:
Thieves aplenty for our naija, and they are the "best dressed, best fed, have best spoken/written responses on CE, etc"
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Moderators, please delete this rubbish. So is it now the job of the NFF to stream games online so CE members can watch it for free? I have a suggestion for you. Try buying tickets to the games!
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
kaylord
Egg
Egg

Post by kaylord »

How it works is that someone will approach the NFF and purchase the rights to produce and distribute it. The NFF is not into TV production, hence should not be accused of any wrong doing here. The best they could do was to market these rights. We have no evidence they have not. Also, sometimes the organiser of the friendly might have reserved those rights as a way to recoup their costs (this is in a situation where the NFF did not directly organize the match)- this might also have been the case. I have been involved in this business for a while so I sure do know how it works, and really any blame to the nff is limited to like 10%, what really commercially will they gain by promoting the television production of this match? The solution to the problem lies in the answer to that question.
Am Designed For Destiny...
http://www.youtube.com/v/SmLhyPjHVes
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Cellular wrote:Funny enough, if you now take it upon yourself to film and stream their games and share the proceeds, these guys will hit you with red tape long enough to wrap an elephant.

As long as there's free gomment money to be shared, they will be NO interest in pursuing other revenue streams. That one will take work... why work, when there's free gomment money?
That is true, no incentive to work hard when salary is guaranteed.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

kaylord wrote:How it works is that someone will approach the NFF and purchase the rights to produce and distribute it. The NFF is not into TV production, hence should not be accused of any wrong doing here. The best they could do was to market these rights. We have no evidence they have not. Also, sometimes the organiser of the friendly might have reserved those rights as a way to recoup their costs (this is in a situation where the NFF did not directly organize the match)- this might also have been the case. I have been involved in this business for a while so I sure do know how it works, and really any blame to the nff is limited to like 10%, what really commercially will they gain by promoting the television production of this match? The solution to the problem lies in the answer to that question.
The NFF is to blame. Why should they wait for Some one to approach them first?

Don't they know there is money to be made from Broadcasting the games?

mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

ohenhen1 wrote:
kaylord wrote:How it works is that someone will approach the NFF and purchase the rights to produce and distribute it. The NFF is not into TV production, hence should not be accused of any wrong doing here. The best they could do was to market these rights. We have no evidence they have not. Also, sometimes the organiser of the friendly might have reserved those rights as a way to recoup their costs (this is in a situation where the NFF did not directly organize the match)- this might also have been the case. I have been involved in this business for a while so I sure do know how it works, and really any blame to the nff is limited to like 10%, what really commercially will they gain by promoting the television production of this match? The solution to the problem lies in the answer to that question.
The NFF is to blame. Why should they wait for Some one to approach them first?

Don't they know there is money to be made from Broadcasting the games?
...why wait for someone to approach you when you can get free money, no taxing, no reporting, from the government.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

You guys need to STFU or put out. They can't even get Nigerians to pay £5 for a SE game in London, a. City that's had Nigerian presence for almost 100yrs. Still you people want them to pay for broadcasting a friendly to your house so u can watch it on yamtube for free. GTFOH! :laugh:
OCCUPY NFF!!
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

Some business people equated our population and passion for football to huge profit. To their cost, they forget one critical factor - our habits. Freebie people. Many have tried streaming. Simply put - The numbers don't add up
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:You guys need to STFU or put out. They can't even get Nigerians to pay £5 for a SE game in London, a. City that's had Nigerian presence for almost 100yrs. Still you people want them to pay for broadcasting a friendly to your house so u can watch it on yamtube for free. GTFOH! :laugh:
...now, that is bad. I know or heard Britain is full tight wads, make money but won't spend.
Drive on the wrong side of the road, tiny streets, century old buildings, and a queen for a king as head of government :laugh: :laugh:
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

In reality sponsors should pay for the game. The game should be available on NTA free over the air. The NFF can also sell DVDs and etc. Like any other civilized country.

I just watched Real Madrid vs Juve live over the air. Didn't pay a dime. How was that possible?

kaylord
Egg
Egg

Post by kaylord »

Problem with most people commenting here is that they are thinking like fans and not business people.
Am Designed For Destiny...
http://www.youtube.com/v/SmLhyPjHVes