Martins and Ideye score in China

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Martins and Ideye score in China

Post by Dammy »

Otitokoro wrote:Mystic,

I do not believe Ideye was as regular starter for Olympiakos as you stated (I stand to be corrected, though). Be that as it may, his form for the SE was really nothing to write home about, in the scoring department.
Ighalo has been poor since day one. He had one flash in the pan season in the Premiership and that was it. His work ethic (both on and off the ball) is actually very poor, when compared to some of the up and coming kids. Osimhen and Kayode do a whole lot of extra work on the field - defending, running into space, etc., something these two hardly ever do.

I stand by my previous assertion that they are surplus to the current SE requirements. Let them enjoy their 'retirement' home in China in peace!
mystic wrote: Ideye was still starting at Olympiakos and Ighalo was rendered irrelevant by that conused man at Watford who masqueraded as a coach for a full season in the EPL. I beg to differ that this factors into it as much as you say. Rather the key is their form for the Super Eagles before the China move, as well as their present form for their Chinese clubs - which is why Ighalo could be in trouble because he has been nothing to write home about on both fronts.

Having said that, their replacements in the Super Eagles have still got to prove that they are up to the task. It's fine for us to believe that Osimhen, Kayode and others are better options, but they've still got to go out and prove it.
Ideye was a regular with Olympiakos and was the leading goalscorer in the Greek Premier league with 15 goals and was on the verge of breaking the 20 goal barrier for the first time in his career when he upped and left for China in January. It says a lot about his ambition. IMO both Ideye and Ighalo should be left in peace in China. It is not as if they are even setting the Chinese league alight.
I am happy
bully12
Egg
Egg

Post by bully12 »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:IDEYE will lead the attack vs a very physical cameroun team in August. :thumb:
Just like Makinwa used to lead the attack.
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

mystic wrote:
Otitokoro wrote:I would argue that they both be given a break.
Don't think either has anything tangible to offer the SE right now.
Besides Iheanacho, Iwobi, Kayode and Onyekuru, there is still Aaron Samuel (CSKA Moscow) who is likely to have a breakout year, having recovered from his ACL injury. Also, add the Bazee kid to the mix and the window of opportunity for both of Ideye and Ighalo becomes much smaller.
mystic wrote:
Otitokoro wrote:Mystic,

I do not believe Ideye was as regular starter for Olympiakos as you stated (I stand to be corrected, though). Be that as it may, his form for the SE was really nothing to write home about, in the scoring department.
Ighalo has been poor since day one. He had one flash in the pan season in the Premiership and that was it. His work ethic (both on and off the ball) is actually very poor, when compared to some of the up and coming kids. Osimhen and Kayode do a whole lot of extra work on the field - defending, running into space, etc., something these two hardly ever do.

I stand by my previous assertion that they are surplus to the current SE requirements. Let them enjoy their 'retirement' home in China in peace!
mystic wrote: Ideye was still starting at Olympiakos and Ighalo was rendered irrelevant by that conused man at Watford who masqueraded as a coach for a full season in the EPL. I beg to differ that this factors into it as much as you say. Rather the key is their form for the Super Eagles before the China move, as well as their present form for their Chinese clubs - which is why Ighalo could be in trouble because he has been nothing to write home about on both fronts.

Having said that, their replacements in the Super Eagles have still got to prove that they are up to the task. It's fine for us to believe that Osimhen, Kayode and others are better options, but they've still got to go out and prove it.

I agree with you on Ighalo as he has just not been good enough. Ideye, in my view, should still be in the mix.

Paul Onuachu is also knocking on the door and by this time next year Rohr to be scratching his head trying to figure out how to incorporate Orji Okonkwo into his plans. So we are not short of options.

All the same I expect Ideye to remain in the mix.
Orji Okonkwo could well be the dark horse that will break into the SE before the WC. Bologna have rejected a 7 million euros bid from Inter Milan for the Nigerian starlet.
I am happy
100%Naija
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by 100%Naija »

I scored 4 goals in my sunday league game. Should i open a thread on that one too? Mschew
I'm the biggest boss that you've seen thus far, Reppin' PH & NGR to the Fullest
http://forum.cybereagles.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=158494
Babafad wrote: My brother, dis money go scatter akara for inside oil. Just dey watch!
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Ideye had a better game compared to Oba.. however , IDeye was asked about his move to China on the BBC.. bobo said at my age ah, that money was too good to turn down ..... he went because of the money, nothing else
The 31-year-old forward who has found the back of the net once in eight league games for the Jaime Pacheco’s side, told BBC World Service: “The age that I am now I guess I should be thinking about my life after football, so I go with the offer just to be happy.

“I know it’s not the right time for me to leave Olympiacos but it’s difficult to reject – very difficult.
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved