CHAMPIONS LEAGUE FINAL: JUVE vs MADRID: 1-4 (FT)

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: CHAMPIONS LEAGUE FINAL: JUVE vs MADRID: 1-4 (FT)

Post by Coach »

@Yem, such utopian idealism is impossible within competitive sport. By pitting one against the other, the intention is a championing of the Victors and subjugation of the vanquished. A Darwinian ideal to some extent, survival of the fittest, with survival permitting blossom and bloom. T;is a capitalistic roadshow,a cirque du soleil of freakish talents and other such spectacles. But for this very nature, would the game be what it is today, a cocktail of cultures, the epitome of the global village where borders has dissolved and dissipated, allowing from movement of ideas and individuals far and wide. One cannot undo that which has been done and thus history will always have its say for posterity. For as long as history has its voice, the field will be inclined. If one were to employ a salary cap, would this be a universal figure for all or would it be reflective of the club's fiscal capacity. Isn't that financial fair play in a sense, that chimerical game changer that was supposedly chaperoning equality to the fore. Since Financial fair play's introduction how many times have anybody other than Bayern, Barca, Real, Juventus, Man United won their domestic leagues or contested a Champions League final. Throw new money such as Chelsea and Man City into the mix and the results are even more damming. One argued vociferously, FFP was designed to preserve the status quo amid the threat of new money and has done so admirably. If anything, the new money has been embraced, gifted a polo jacket and invited to the golf course.

And then to the draft system? Is equality to be found within such environments? Of the world's precocious talents, how many remainin their modest surroundings during their development. Fabregas, My Son, Walcott, Oxlade, Ramsay can they be considered drafts? Just as in the wild, the big cat feasts on the smaller cat's kill. There is always a bigger cat.

T'is not for the system to change, there is no turning the tide, rather t'is for the mentality of the opposition to change. If Real Madrid become the standard and team's strive to be as close to Real as possible, will that gulf not be closed? That is not to say each team should expend a fortune amassing a gluttony of galacticos, no. Rather, there should be a heightened drive to succeed, a resetting of the ceiling that sees a side build every aspect of its armoury to enable a valiant challenge. Those changes may require additional personnel, improved technology, greater investment in research, refreshed infrastructure and in some instances, new management, fresh ideas. Real going into the campaign with La Liga or the Champions League set as the minimum return, arguably both, failure to achieve such milestones are met with brutal retribution. The mentality is within the players and the management. One cannot blame the system, when individuals within the system set their barometers considerably lower and are rewarded for failure by the day's standard. Yes UEFA is monopolized by the big three, but who besides the big three has tried to be king in recent times? Ateltico perhaps, but the steps they needed to make a sustainable assault on the throne, they refused to take.
toyin133
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by toyin133 »

Vincent. wrote:
ohsee wrote:
Vincent. wrote:Very disappointed with Juventus and Allegri.
What was their game plan, especially in the second half? No defense, no attack, no midfield.
In the first half, they committed too many people forward and left themselves open to counter-attacks.
When Madrid got the upper hand in the second half, why didn't they do what they do best: sit back and defend?
Allegri should be fired
This man, why do you like to yarn too much opaks? They played the game like they have played it since morning. You just dey vex because this same team whacked your team Barca
Chief, no opaks. I am angry because I expected more from Juve and Allegri. I am not angry that they lost, I am angry at the manner of the defeat and the level of defending. Their performance may have something to do with mentality, having lost 3-4 CL finals already...

Juve beat Barca because Barca was a tactical mess and the defense was childish while Juve defended like you normally expect them to defend. Today, they let themselves down.
Talk true and shame the devil. You are angry because Real Madrid won and you are looking for someone to blame. Juventus played the same formation that saw them win the double in Italy and reach the Champions League final. :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
"I hear Glenn Hoddle has found God. That must have been one hell of a pass." Jasper Carrott
"Mind you, football is not really about winning, or goals, or saves or supporters. It's about glory. It's about doing things in style, doing them with a flourish. It's
about going out to beat the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom."
Danny Blanchflower
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: CHAMPIONS LEAGUE FINAL: JUVE vs MADRID: 1-3(2H)

Post by balo »

Otitokoro wrote:His foot was accidentally stepped on by Cuadrado. Ramos did not fake it - he probably embellished it like 90% of other players.
The ref should not have issued a card.
oloye wrote:
anikulapo wrote:
balo wrote:
anikulapo wrote:
balo wrote:Cuadrado, what a goat.

He did nothing

What's the pat on the back for? He should know better. They were chasing a game.

Really? Blame is on the shameless cheat Ramos and the clueless ref... abeg nothing there
Sometimes i cannot understand people...Ramos went down holding his legs...now someone tell me how did a pat on the back become a stamp? Cheats should be called out , same way dumb people. Cheats must never be given the benefit of doubt at all! I love Ramos as a defender..but that scum is a dirty goat!

Like I said, Cuad is a goat. There was no need for his actions and Ramos milked it.
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

http://i42.tinypic.com/210hk01.jpg
analyzer
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by analyzer »

Can't defend Cuad.. very silly. He deserves a YC for intent alone. Dude was short one out there.

Still do not understand how Juve collapsed in the 2HF.

As for Madrid - solid performance in 2nd HF. Isco my MoM.. Cron will get all the plaudits but I felt Isco made Madrid tick in the final 3rd
Lampard: 101 goals and counting.......

64 GAMES UNBEATEN AT STAMFORD BRIDGE... A NEW RECORD IS SET.....
wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

The owners of the other clubs should 'pump' money into the club! Owners of Chelsea and Man City pumped money into the clubs so they can now rival Man U etc. Owners of Arsenal refuse to re-invest into the club!

Other clubs can raise CAPITAL to be able to compete.

theYemster wrote:
Kabalega wrote:
theYemster wrote:
wanaj0 wrote:
theYemster wrote:
Samora Machel wrote:Zidane wins cl twice in two tries yet a certain club keeps rewarding a manager who has reached the final just once in about 20 years
I'm fairness he does have the benefit of having some out there best players. But still he's done well.

That said why don't Real just go start their own league and compete in it alone? This is nonsense abeg UEFA needs to do something. One club out of hundreds in Europe winning it twelve times, three of them in the last four years. Something's off.

If there's ever a reason to implement a salary cap system in euro footy, it's now. Barca, Real, Real, Barca, Bayern, Real. It's really boring.
What should they do?

Credit should go to Zidane for the work he has done with Real Madrid!!!
They need to come up with a system to prevent dynasties, allow for party and competitiveness. Real and Barcelona, Bayern as well (maybe even United, City, Chelsea) buy up all the best players and weaken their opponents. A salary cap and draft system comes to mind. If you're at the top then you shouldn't be allowed to sign to players ahead of other teams. You should also have a maximum amount you can spend on players transfers and wages. This means instead of a few teams having all the best players, all the top players will be spread across many teams to allow for better competition. How can one or two teams dominate a competition that hundreds of teams participate in? That's why I don't watch the Bundesliga anymore. As soon as Dortmund, Schalke or any other team unearths a great player, in comes Bayern to snatch them up. Or for a team to buy one highly rated player they have to give up another similarly rated player to offset the move.

Zidane did well no doubt but let's also give credit to the players and team he inherited. I've always said you can't judge a great coach by their accomplishments at Real Madrid and Barcelona, however you can judge a terrible coach. All Zizou's done is proven he isn't a bad coach. For him to prove (at lest to me) that he's great I'll have to see him perform with fewer resources. Half your job is done if you have Ronaldo/Messi.
You do realize that with your proposal, Chelsea and Man City would never have caught up to the likes of
ManU and all teams would become mediocre.

If a team does what it takes to win everything, every season, then more power to them.
There is no need to bend the rules to accommodate bumbling clubs like ManU post Fergie.
Yes maybe Chelsea and City wouldn't have been able to catch up but teams like Southampton, West Ham, Spurs, Everton and Arsenal that have a good youth development program would've easily competed with United cos ManU wouldn't have been able to pull so far ahead and remain consistently at the top by vandalising it's rivals. The same controls that prevent Chelsea and City from catching United would've also prevented United from pulling away.

I'm not against a team doing all it takes as long as it's within the parameters of fairness. If Real Madrid is so rich why not invest a lot in youth programs to ensure they get more quality players coming through the pipelines rather than wait for other teams to do all the hard work scouting and developing the players only for them to swoop in once they're ready to challenge. The system is unfairly skewed towards the richest and biggest clubs and meant to keep them perpetually at the top while keeping others perpetually at the bottom.

When it comes to free agency, for a team like Barcelona to keep all of Messi, Suarez, Neymar, Iniesta etc, they'd all have to take a hefty pay cut. A team like Villareal, Depor, Sociedad, etc should be able to offer them way more money than already stacked teams like Barcelona or Real Madrid.

One can only imagine how much more interesting the leagues would be if teams like Malaga and West Ham have as much chance of winning the UCL as Real Madrid or Bayern.
“We do not have natural disasters in Nigeria, the only disaster we have is human beings,”
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

Coach wrote:@Yem, such utopian idealism is impossible within competitive sport. By pitting one against the other, the intention is a championing of the Victors and subjugation of the vanquished. A Darwinian ideal to some extent, survival of the fittest, with survival permitting blossom and bloom. T;is a capitalistic roadshow,a cirque du soleil of freakish talents and other such spectacles. But for this very nature, would the game be what it is today, a cocktail of cultures, the epitome of the global village where borders has dissolved and dissipated, allowing from movement of ideas and individuals far and wide. One cannot undo that which has been done and thus history will always have its say for posterity. For as long as history has its voice, the field will be inclined. If one were to employ a salary cap, would this be a universal figure for all or would it be reflective of the club's fiscal capacity. Isn't that financial fair play in a sense, that chimerical game changer that was supposedly chaperoning equality to the fore. Since Financial fair play's introduction how many times have anybody other than Bayern, Barca, Real, Juventus, Man United won their domestic leagues or contested a Champions League final. Throw new money such as Chelsea and Man City into the mix and the results are even more damming. One argued vociferously, FFP was designed to preserve the status quo amid the threat of new money and has done so admirably. If anything, the new money has been embraced, gifted a polo jacket and invited to the golf course.

And then to the draft system? Is equality to be found within such environments? Of the world's precocious talents, how many remainin their modest surroundings during their development. Fabregas, My Son, Walcott, Oxlade, Ramsay can they be considered drafts? Just as in the wild, the big cat feasts on the smaller cat's kill. There is always a bigger cat.

T'is not for the system to change, there is no turning the tide, rather t'is for the mentality of the opposition to change. If Real Madrid become the standard and team's strive to be as close to Real as possible, will that gulf not be closed? That is not to say each team should expend a fortune amassing a gluttony of galacticos, no. Rather, there should be a heightened drive to succeed, a resetting of the ceiling that sees a side build every aspect of its armoury to enable a valiant challenge. Those changes may require additional personnel, improved technology, greater investment in research, refreshed infrastructure and in some instances, new management, fresh ideas. Real going into the campaign with La Liga or the Champions League set as the minimum return, arguably both, failure to achieve such milestones are met with brutal retribution. The mentality is within the players and the management. One cannot blame the system, when individuals within the system set their barometers considerably lower and are rewarded for failure by the day's standard. Yes UEFA is monopolized by the big three, but who besides the big three has tried to be king in recent times? Ateltico perhaps, but the steps they needed to make a sustainable assault on the throne, they refused to take.
It's not utopian idealism...it's not just about fairness, but it'll actually make the game more competitive said the board instead of just within a select few.

The fact that the system already works against them is exactly why other (smaller) teams can't close the gap against the likes of Real.

The FFP wasn't well thought out. If teams can only spend what they earn then rich teams that already have a huge earnings will always spend more than those poorer teams thus the gap will never close. What needs to happen is for there to be a hard cap irrespective of how wealthy a team is. So if Real/Barcelona decides to pay Ronaldo/Messi half of it's entire salary cap then it has less money available for the rest of the team even if they can afford to spend more. Whereas other teams that don't spend that much on Ronaldo/Messi will have more money to strengthen other areas. It balances out.

Will it happen? Probably not. But not because it won't work...rather because it will work. However the rich clubs will never allow it to happen because it'll take away their advantage.
O-Qua Tangin Wann! Die with memories, not dreams.™

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

balo wrote:
Otitokoro wrote:His foot was accidentally stepped on by Cuadrado. Ramos did not fake it - he probably embellished it like 90% of other players.
oloye wrote:
anikulapo wrote:
balo wrote:
anikulapo wrote:
balo wrote:Cuadrado, what a goat.

He did nothing

What's the pat on the back for? He should know better. They were chasing a game.

Really? Blame is on the shameless cheat Ramos and the clueless ref... abeg nothing there
Sometimes i cannot understand people...Ramos went down holding his legs...now someone tell me how did a pat on the back become a stamp? Cheats should be called out , same way dumb people. Cheats must never be given the benefit of doubt at all! I love Ramos as a defender..but that scum is a dirty goat!

Like I said, Cuad is a goat. There was no need for his actions and Ramos milked it.
This makes it even worse, where was Cuaduardo rushing to outside the field? To retrieve the ball hurriedly in order to continue play. Watch the linesman, Juve had been awarded a throw in...there was no altercation between him and Ramos, he was in a hurry to retrieve the ball, his path crossed with Ramos, the hand that was outstretched was more to push Ramos out of the way to avoid collision, he was not even looking at Ramos. As soon as Ramos toppled over you could see Cuad react apologetically. Say anything you want about Cuad, but the likes of Ramos must be removed from the game before they destroy the game.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

oloye wrote:
balo wrote:
oloye wrote:
anikulapo wrote:
balo wrote:
anikulapo wrote:

He did nothing

This makes it even worse, where was Cuaduardo rushing to outside the field? To retrieve the ball hurriedly in order to continue play. Watch the linesman, Juve had been awarded a throw in...there was no altercation between him and Ramos, he was in a hurry to retrieve the ball, his path crossed with Ramos, the hand that was outstretched was more to push Ramos out of the way to avoid collision, he was not even looking at Ramos. As soon as Ramos toppled over you could see Cuad react apologetically. Say anything you want about Cuad, but the likes of Ramos must be removed from the game before they destroy the game.
Agree completely. His behaviour dampened my delight at seeing Real winning yesterday. If I were Cuadrado - I would be inwardly fuming.
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB Nvidia GT755M | 16GB DDR3L | 1000GB SSD | N2230 | LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: Lenovo Legion 5 Pro: Ryzen 7 5800H | 32GB DDR4 | 2000GB SSD | 8GB NVidia RTX3070 - Windows 11 Pro
HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

oloye wrote:
balo wrote:

It would only take Cuad a split second to go around Ramos, (Caud's right side), to retrieve the ball. Ramos is not that small for Cuad to act like he was invisible. It was a bad decision that further undermined the chances of his team.
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

ohsee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ohsee »

Vincent. wrote: I agree with you regarding the second half. The coach did not react to Zidane's tactical change. Juve's defending was not the usual standard. The defending for the last three goals was poor, especially Ronaldo's second goal.

Regarding Madrid, yes, they were the better team in the second half. Their passing game was excellent, but that is when you expect Juventus to show why they are among the best defensive teams in Europe. We did not see that typical Juventus/Italian defensive display. They did not attack either. Dybala was completely neutralized. 3 out of the 4 goals they conceded were rather soft for an Italian team. That is where I have a problem with Allegri's setup.
Chief, it is all down to coaching. Juve played the way they have always played. It is the coach's job to figure out how to dismantle a water-tight defence. Remember, by the Champs League final, Zidane and his assistants have studied video of all Juve's games, and worked out in practice tactical methods of breaking them down. By yesterday, Zidane and his crew knew what did not work when Barca played Juve; they knew what works by watching game tape of teams that beat Juve in Serie A. The various runs players like Ronaldo made had been worked out and finessed in practice--they just appear entirely spontaneous, they are often not. Zidane, with his coaching team, worked out how to neutralize Dybala, Higuain and Mandzukic--the latter's goal was unstoppable, but that is what you do: restrict them to unstoppable goals which happen once every five years. :lol:

You naifs think all Zidane does is tell the players, "Go out and play." Modern soccer is not like that.
ohsee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ohsee »

theYemster wrote: They need to come up with a system to prevent dynasties, allow for party and competitiveness. Real and Barcelona, Bayern as well (maybe even United, City, Chelsea) buy up all the best players and weaken their opponents. A salary cap and draft system comes to mind. If you're at the top then you shouldn't be allowed to sign to players ahead of other teams. You should also have a maximum amount you can spend on players transfers and wages. This means instead of a few teams having all the best players, all the top players will be spread across many teams to allow for better competition. How can one or two teams dominate a competition that hundreds of teams participate in? That's why I don't watch the Bundesliga anymore. As soon as Dortmund, Schalke or any other team unearths a great player, in comes Bayern to snatch them up. Or for a team to buy one highly rated player they have to give up another similarly rated player to offset the move.

Zidane did well no doubt but let's also give credit to the players and team he inherited. I've always said you can't judge a great coach by their accomplishments at Real Madrid and Barcelona, however you can judge a terrible coach. All Zizou's done is proven he isn't a bad coach. For him to prove (at lest to me) that he's great I'll have to see him perform with fewer resources. Half your job is done if you have Ronaldo/Messi.
Er, oga, are you watching the NBA finals? Is your proposal not done in the NBA? Yet there have been dominant teams and dynasties. Why have the same two teams met in the last three NBA finals? Why are the Warriors and the Cavaliers so dominant that they have literally swept aside all opposition in their inexorable march to the finals?

Your statement about coaches winning with fewer resources is not valid. Mourinho has won with few resources and lots of resources. He has also lost with lots of resources. The big winning teams all have resources. It is how you manage them that counts. You folks need to compare like with like: how did this or that manager manage the big teams? Not ask irrelevant hypothetical questions about how they would perform with a promoted or low level team.
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

balo wrote:
oloye wrote:
balo wrote:

It would only take Cuad a split second to go around Ramos, (Caud's right side), to retrieve the ball. Ramos is not that small for Cuad to act like he was invisible. It was a bad decision that further undermined the chances of his team.
Guy, it's not as simple as that. In that moment all Cuad wanted was to get the the game going. If you look closely at their feet you'll see that Ramos had lifted up his foot from the ground at any the time Cuad's foot grazed it. So even if he was trying to stamp on Ramos three s no serious contact. Ramos' for would've had to be on the ground for that to happen as Cuad didn't lash out. It's clear he didn't do anything.

Real was already two goals up and cruising, it was totally unnecessary by Ramos.

Dude is scum.

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

wanaj0 wrote:The owners of the other clubs should 'pump' money into the club! Owners of Chelsea and Man City pumped money into the clubs so they can now rival Man U etc. Owners of Arsenal refuse to re-invest into the club!

Other clubs can raise CAPITAL to be able to compete.
No you can't raise capital to compete against a club that has everything stacked in their favor. How much can a team like Santander borrow in order to compete with Real Madrid and Barcelona and offer similar salaries?

Now if there's a cap, then they'll know that once Real and Barcelona max out their cap space on two/three top players then they have a chance of acquiring other top players who for lack of available cap room, can't sign for Real/Barcelona. Imagine a James Rodriguez not even getting game time on Real's bench. If there was a cap limit, Real won't be able to keep such talent on the bench and away from competitors. Same with Barcelona and Bayern the latter who regularly raids Dortmund like a skanky ho.

With a cap limit, ManU won't be able to drop £100 million on Pogba while still paying Rooney £300k+ a week and Ibra whatever they're paying him. Something would have to give. And this cap limit is reviewable every year so the fact that you have a solid ten this year doesn't mean you get to keep the same roster the following year if your cup room takes a hit. It makes it more challenging for the rich and big teams to perpetually hold on to all the best players. They have to juggle the math and make it work every season.

It suddenly makes lazy clubs have to work hard to balance things out. That's why American sports are so lucrative cos they're ultra competitive with parity.

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

theYemster wrote:
balo wrote:
oloye wrote:
balo wrote:

Guy, it's not as simple as that. In that moment all Cuad wanted was to get the the game going. If you look closely at their feet you'll see that Ramos had lifted up his foot from the ground at any the time Cuad's foot grazed it. So even if he was trying to stamp on Ramos three s no serious contact. Ramos' for would've had to be on the ground for that to happen as Cuad didn't lash out. It's clear he didn't do anything.

Real was already two goals up and cruising, it was totally unnecessary by Ramos.

Dude is scum.

Cuad should have shown better judgement. He obviously did not and hence ended up with a red.

Everyone is going off Ramos' antecedents and not giving him the benefit of the doubt. So if y'all knew him, why not Cuad?

theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

balo wrote:
theYemster wrote:
balo wrote:
oloye wrote:
balo wrote:

Dude is scum.

Cuad should have shown better judgement. He obviously did not and hence ended up with a red.

Everyone is going off Ramos' antecedents and not giving him the benefit of the doubt. So if y'all knew him, why not Cuad?
No I'm going off on what I see IN ADDITION TO Ramos' antecedents.

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

...I suspect Juventus players don't like Cuadardo, and noticed during the semi final match they hardly pass to him, now that he got a red reducing them to 10, they may hate this dude further. Let's see if he will remain with the team.
You know Italians and their vendetta, remember the South Korean player that scored to beat Italy at 2002 wc how he was vilified and refused return to Italian league.
Senator WIRES
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Senator WIRES »

:lol: meanwhile in Ghana
[/video]
"BIAFRA is a FAILED Project!! "Biafranism tends to make people hard of intellectual hearing"-ohsee.
!

"the problem with you people is that you want every thing to be Igbo and you pronounce it Igbo and then force it to be Igbo" IKWERREMAN
"The trouble with you is that you are blinded by prejudice and only see what you want to see." CIC to Dr. SAB
"..there are a handful of mindless Igbos on this forum that are an embarrassment to themselves"CiC
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

balo wrote:
oloye wrote:
balo wrote:

Split second...you know sometimes when we speak from the sidelines we talk this way. In a world where scums like Ramos now infesf maybe we all should walk about calculating all our decisions to the last split second. If you still feel Cuad was in the wrong for what was entirely an accident which a fellow professional milked to get his colleague into trouble..then i'll leave it at that.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

oloye wrote:
balo wrote:
oloye wrote:
balo wrote:

Split second...you know sometimes when we speak from the sidelines we talk this way. In a world where scums like Ramos now infesf maybe we all should walk about calculating all our decisions to the last split second. If you still feel Cuad was in the wrong for what was entirely an accident which a fellow professional milked to get his colleague into trouble..then i'll leave it at that.
The scourge of trying to win at all cost, even if it means lying or putting on shameless theatrics to gain undue advantage, is bad and I am not condoning it. At the same time one should be able to speak up against stupidity.

How long was Cuad on the field for before getting the 2 yellows? He did not get straight red. He bagged 2 yellows. Unless that's what Allegri sent him in to collect, then that's a honest day's work that needs no condemning.

asabe
Egg
Egg

Post by asabe »

analyzer wrote:Can't defend Cuad.. very silly. He deserves a YC for intent alone. Dude was short one out there.

Still do not understand how Juve collapsed in the 2HF.

As for Madrid - solid performance in 2nd HF. Isco my MoM.. Cron will get all the plaudits but I felt Isco made Madrid tick in the final 3rd
Real Madrid imposed themselves on the second half and dominated play..Deserving Winners!

MOM IMHO should be Luka Modric..Once he got control of the game, Juve could not have a sustained play.
“love the life you live. live the life you love.” Bob Marley
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

Senator WIRES wrote::lol: meanwhile in Ghana
[/video]
:laugh: :laugh:

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

They did not CEDIS coming
Naira Did We :rotf: :rotf:

Otitokoro
Egg
Egg

Post by Otitokoro »

Sure it was just a figment of my imagination....
Or perhaps, you might want to take a second look at the video evidence presented above.
anointed wrote:

There was no stepping on foot whatsoever anywhere. That's just in your imagination. Go and watch it again. For crying out loud, Ramos was even the aggressor!
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

ohsee wrote:Er, oga, are you watching the NBA finals? Is your proposal not done in the NBA? Yet there have been dominant teams and dynasties. Why have the same two teams met in the last three NBA finals? Why are the Warriors and the Cavaliers so dominant that they have literally swept aside all opposition in their inexorable march to the finals?

Your statement about coaches winning with fewer resources is not valid. Mourinho has won with few resources and lots of resources. He has also lost with lots of resources. The big winning teams all have resources. It is how you manage them that counts. You folks need to compare like with like: how did this or that manager manage the big teams? Not ask irrelevant hypothetical questions about how they would perform with a promoted or low level team.
Haha pa ohsee you clearly don't understand how the NBA works.

Firstly, the Warriors have only won ONE title not three in four years and twelve overall like Real Madrid. They didn't buy superstar players but built their team from the draft, meaning they groomed all their players from right out of college, at least their main ones not role players. The only main player that joined as a super star free agent was Durant and even so he got a lot of grief for it. The team Durant joined won an NBA record 73 games last season with players they drafted and groomed. For them to get Durant in free agency they needed to allow some of their starters go in order to create the room and cap space. In a couple of years they will have to break the team because some of these young players they drafted and groomed into stars will be due a much higher payday that the team won't be able up pay.

As for the Cavs, they drafted Kyrie (when they were the worst team) and LeBron (slain when they were also the worst team), they traded for Kevin Love with a #1 draft pick (that they got when they were again the worst team). So you give up something to get something. They didn't just go buy Love from another team. The team that traded Love to them got that young talented player in return to help offset the backward step of losing Love.

The Celtics with KG, Pierce and Ray Ray was also built via the draft. Pierce was drafted, and an aging KG and Allen were traded for with players and draft picks. Again, addition by subtraction.

The Spurs are the model franchise when it comes to building contenders. Duncan, Parker and Ginobili were all drafted and groomed to legendary status.

The only team in recent memory that was able to come close to what happens in Euro footy is the Miami Heat. And they got a lot of grief for it.

So yes the system is in place in the NBA that's why such instances isn't as prevalent. Real, Bayern, Barcelona, United have been dominant for decades. It's hard to do in US sports. Even my beloved New England Patriots as consistent as they've been as the best franchise in football hadn't won the Superbowl since 2004 up until two years ago. Ironically that's the last time there was a repeat champion. Something that's prevalent in footy.

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯