CHAMPIONS LEAGUE FINAL: JUVE vs MADRID: 1-4 (FT)

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Comrade Machel
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: CHAMPIONS LEAGUE FINAL: JUVE vs MADRID: 1-4 (FT)

Post by Comrade Machel »

Vincent. wrote:Very disappointed with Juventus and Allegri.
What was their game plan, especially in the second half? No defense, no attack, no midfield.
In the first half, they committed too many people forward and left themselves open to counter-attacks.
When Madrid got the upper hand in the second half, why didn't they do what they do best: sit back and defend?
Allegri should be fired
:clap: :clap:
Allegri is useless. Even the bt commentators were begging for a change after half time yet he did nothing. Higuain was useless why did he keep him on. I have come to hate coaches who are stubborn and stick to a script which isn't working :curse: I hated fergie but he wouldn't have just stood there when madrid started attacking. Neither would Mourinho. Can't imagine mourinho being beaten 4-1 in a cl final. Shaking my head
Ratlala :thumbs: :D

https://youtu.be/8CZLsYase0Q
anointed
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: CHAMPIONS LEAGUE FINAL: JUVE vs MADRID: 1-3(2H)

Post by anointed »

Otitokoro wrote:His foot was accidentally stepped on by Cuadrado. Ramos did not fake it - he probably embellished it like 90% of other players.
The ref should not have issued a card.
oloye wrote:
anikulapo wrote:
balo wrote:
anikulapo wrote:
balo wrote:Cuadrado, what a goat.

He did nothing

What's the pat on the back for? He should know better. They were chasing a game.

Really? Blame is on the shameless cheat Ramos and the clueless ref... abeg nothing there
Sometimes i cannot understand people...Ramos went down holding his legs...now someone tell me how did a pat on the back become a stamp? Cheats should be called out , same way dumb people. Cheats must never be given the benefit of doubt at all! I love Ramos as a defender..but that scum is a dirty goat!
There was no stepping on foot whatsoever anywhere. That's just in your imagination. Go and watch it again. For crying out loud, Ramos was even the aggressor!
TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...
For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God. For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding...hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world? 21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe
ohsee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ohsee »

What was their game plan, especially in the second half? No defense, no attack, no midfield.
In the first half, they committed too many people forward and left themselves open to counter-attacks.
When Madrid got the upper hand in the second half, why didn't they do what they do best: sit back and defend?
Allegri should be fired
This man, why do you like to yarn too much opaks? They played the game like they have played it since morning. You just dey vex because this same team whacked your team Barca
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

Allegri should be fired
kai, Vinny, na your face be this? I think say you don relocate to Kremlin permanently o!
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
Nkume
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Nkume »

That Quadrado red card was the most rediculous thing I have seen. Seriously ref?
"Our enemies are the political profiteers, the swindlers, the men in high and low places that seek bribes and demand 10 percent; those that seek to keep the country divided permanently so that they can remain in office as ministers or VIPs at least, the tribalists, the nepotists, those that make the country look big for nothing before international circles, those that have corrupted our society and put the Nigerian political calendar back by their words and deeds." - Kaduna Nzeogwu
Vincent.
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Vincent. »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
Allegri should be fired
kai, Vinny, na your face be this? I think say you don relocate to Kremlin permanently o!
How are you chief :)
I decided to go to the Kremlin for a few months to help Putin withstand the "Putin stole Hillary's election" storm. The storm is over now... Putin is safe. No evidence found :)
Last edited by Vincent. on Sat Jun 03, 2017 11:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Eto’o, Ronaldinho, Deco, and Messi are like good caviar, tender pine-nuts, chemical-free sea salt, and the purest of virgin olive oils, said one of the world's greatest chefs, Ferran Adria of El Bulli restaurant, Before Barca went on to wallop Madrid 3-0 at the Bernabeu.

“I believe the target of anything in life should be to do it so well that it becomes an art. Football is like that. When I watch Barcelona, it is art” — Arsène Wenger, August 2009
Vincent.
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Vincent. »

Nkume wrote:That Quadrado red card was the most rediculous thing I have seen. Seriously ref?
Ramos played the ref
Eto’o, Ronaldinho, Deco, and Messi are like good caviar, tender pine-nuts, chemical-free sea salt, and the purest of virgin olive oils, said one of the world's greatest chefs, Ferran Adria of El Bulli restaurant, Before Barca went on to wallop Madrid 3-0 at the Bernabeu.

“I believe the target of anything in life should be to do it so well that it becomes an art. Football is like that. When I watch Barcelona, it is art” — Arsène Wenger, August 2009
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

Real we're just too good for juventus, gulf in class, also experience winning at this level
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
Vincent.
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Vincent. »

platinum wrote:
Allegri should be fired
I disagree with your assessment.

In the first 45, they played brilliantly. Kept Real's fullbacks very quiet. Keylor Navas kept the game level. Balanced encounter.

The 2nd half is where the palaver started. Real turned into barcelona from the Pep years. Fullbacks pushed all the way up, game compressed into the opponent's half, and simply played a mean game of keep-ball while waiting for Juve to capitulate. Real compressed the game and left nothing for Juve. If anything, Juve's biggest problem was they sat back and tried to defend at 1-1. And the few times they did get the ball, they kept misplacing passes to the hapless Higuain and Dybala.
At 2-1, yes, they needed to calm the game down as much as possible and regroup but remember there was the matter of Real FORCING the issue.

For me, this was a matter of Real taking the game to Juve in the second half. Juve lost composure and failed to react to those fullbacks who were now wingbacks. How many times did you see Juve try to exploit the space behind the pushed up Real WBs? You could argue the introduction of Cuadrado was a tad too late. By that point, Real were in total control. Also Mandzukic has had an exceptional season and he's been a GREAT asset for Juve because of his versatility but today showed why he's not an adequate winger.

Make no mistake, Juve were slow to react and lacked composure but this was a total case of Real Madrid stamping their authority all over Cardiff.
I agree with you regarding the second half. The coach did not react to Zidane's tactical change. Juve's defending was not the usual standard. The defending for the last three goals was poor, especially Ronaldo's second goal.

Regarding Madrid, yes, they were the better team in the second half. Their passing game was excellent, but that is when you expect Juventus to show why they are among the best defensive teams in Europe. We did not see that typical Juventus/Italian defensive display. They did not attack either. Dybala was completely neutralized. 3 out of the 4 goals they conceded were rather soft for an Italian team. That is where I have a problem with Allegri's setup.

Comrade Machel
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Comrade Machel »

Zidane wins cl twice in two tries yet a certain club keeps rewarding a manager who has reached the final just once in about 20 years

Vincent.
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Vincent. »

ohsee wrote:
Allegri should be fired
This man, why do you like to yarn too much opaks? They played the game like they have played it since morning. You just dey vex because this same team whacked your team Barca
Chief, no opaks. I am angry because I expected more from Juve and Allegri. I am not angry that they lost, I am angry at the manner of the defeat and the level of defending. Their performance may have something to do with mentality, having lost 3-4 CL finals already...

Juve beat Barca because Barca was a tactical mess and the defense was childish while Juve defended like you normally expect them to defend. Today, they let themselves down.

theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

Samora Machel wrote:Zidane wins cl twice in two tries yet a certain club keeps rewarding a manager who has reached the final just once in about 20 years
I'm fairness he does have the benefit of having some out there best players. But still he's done well.

That said why don't Real just go start their own league and compete in it alone? This is nonsense abeg UEFA needs to do something. One club out of hundreds in Europe winning it twelve times, three of them in the last four years. Something's off.

If there's ever a reason to implement a salary cap system in euro footy, it's now. Barca, Real, Real, Barca, Bayern, Real. It's really boring.
O-Qua Tangin Wann! Die with memories, not dreams.™

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

marko wrote:Real we're just too good for juventus, gulf in class, also experience winning at this level
I won't go that far. Real is the better team (or had the better players) no doubt but the difference in class isn't a gulf unless you're counting Ronaldo more than once. Keep in mind three of Real's goals came about via deflections. You could say it was a game of inches. Don't judge the game by what happened after Real scored their third goal.

Juve started out at a pace they couldn't keep up with. I mentioned this as the game started and I think they're on average an older team so it was likely they'd wear out in the second half (I'm also not sure what effect the closed roof might have had on their stamina). So going at that pace they need to have taken their chances early and been in the lead. They needed Real to be chasing the game. Then Ronaldo's second goal (Real's third) broke their resolve and after that you could see they had given up and handed all the momentum to Real. Before that, Real's second goal also hit Juve in the gut. You could see that they started making defensive mistakes after that. The third goal, Chiellini just switched off and allowed Ronaldo to get inside of him to score. Up until then Ronaldo could barely get a sniff of the six yard box talk less of getting inside. Offensively they couldn't even test Navas from distance anymore like they did in the first half.

Juventus' best (probably only) chance was keeping it a low scoring game but they were a bit unfortunate. I think Allegri pushed all his chips to the middle and gambled on playing with the lead that's why they came out like gangbusters.

Juve had the better goalie and defense while Real had the better midfield and offense. So the better team won though so there's really nothing to complain about.

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Comrade Machel
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Comrade Machel »

theYemster wrote:
Samora Machel wrote:Zidane wins cl twice in two tries yet a certain club keeps rewarding a manager who has reached the final just once in about 20 years
I'm fairness he does have the benefit of having some out there best players. But still he's done well.

That said why don't Real just go start their own league and compete in it alone? This is nonsense abeg UEFA needs to do something. One club out of hundreds in Europe winning it twelve times, three of them in the last four years. Something's off.

If there's ever a reason to implement a salary cap system in euro footy, it's now. Barca, Real, Real, Barca, Bayern, Real. It's really boring.
They should just call it the Spain- Germany cup :rotf: I agree on salary cap. The dominance of Bayern, Madrid and Barcelona and lately juventus is killing competition. But then again bayern and Juventus aren't among highest paying teams or are they
:blin :blink: k: :blink: :blink:
Last edited by Comrade Machel on Sun Jun 04, 2017 2:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

theYemster wrote:
marko wrote:Real we're just too good for juventus, gulf in class, also experience winning at this level
I won't go that far. Real is the better team (or had the better players) no doubt but the difference in class isn't a gulf unless you're counting Ronaldo more than once. Keep in mind three of Real's goals came about via deflections. You could say it was a game of inches. Don't judge the game by what happened after Real scored their third goal.

Juve started out at a pace they couldn't keep up with. I mentioned this as the game started and I think they're on average an older team so it was likely they'd wear out in the second half (I'm also not sure what effect the closed roof might have had on their stamina). So going at that pace they need to have taken their chances early and been in the lead. They needed Real to be chasing the game. Then Ronaldo's second goal (Real's third) broke their resolve and after that you could see they had given up and handed all the momentum to Real. Before that, Real's second goal also hit Juve in the gut. You could see that they started making defensive mistakes after that. The third goal, Chiellini just switched off and allowed Ronaldo to get inside of him to score. Up until then Ronaldo could barely get a sniff of the six yard box talk less of getting inside. Offensively they couldn't even test Navas from distance anymore like they did in the first half.

Juventus' best (probably only) chance was keeping it a low scoring game but they were a bit unfortunate. I think Allegri pushed all his chips to the middle and gambled on playing with the lead that's why they came out like gangbusters.

Juve had the better goalie and defense while Real had the better midfield and offense. So the better team won though so there's really nothing to complain about.

Football dunce are you now singing a different tune ?

Moron :lol: :lol:
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

theYemster wrote:

What should they do?

Credit should go to Zidane for the work he has done with Real Madrid!!!
“We do not have natural disasters in Nigeria, the only disaster we have is human beings,”
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

anikulapo wrote:
theYemster wrote:

Football dunce are you now singing a different tune ?

Moron :lol: :lol:
What tune did I sing before that's different now? I remember wishing Juventus would win for Buffon and Chiellini.

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

wanaj0 wrote:
theYemster wrote:

What should they do?

They need to come up with a system to prevent dynasties, allow for party and competitiveness. Real and Barcelona, Bayern as well (maybe even United, City, Chelsea) buy up all the best players and weaken their opponents. A salary cap and draft system comes to mind. If you're at the top then you shouldn't be allowed to sign to players ahead of other teams. You should also have a maximum amount you can spend on players transfers and wages. This means instead of a few teams having all the best players, all the top players will be spread across many teams to allow for better competition. How can one or two teams dominate a competition that hundreds of teams participate in? That's why I don't watch the Bundesliga anymore. As soon as Dortmund, Schalke or any other team unearths a great player, in comes Bayern to snatch them up. Or for a team to buy one highly rated player they have to give up another similarly rated player to offset the move.

Zidane did well no doubt but let's also give credit to the players and team he inherited. I've always said you can't judge a great coach by their accomplishments at Real Madrid and Barcelona, however you can judge a terrible coach. All Zizou's done is proven he isn't a bad coach. For him to prove (at lest to me) that he's great I'll have to see him perform with fewer resources. Half your job is done if you have Ronaldo/Messi.

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
anointed
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anointed »

Cito wrote:Is that not Nigerian Flag Ramos had around himself? When did he naturalize? :D
Andalusian flag

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flag_of_Andalusia
TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...
For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God. For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding...hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world? 21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

theYemster wrote:
wanaj0 wrote:
theYemster wrote:

What should they do?

They need to come up with a system to prevent dynasties, allow for party and competitiveness. Real and Barcelona, Bayern as well (maybe even United, City, Chelsea) buy up all the best players and weaken their opponents. A salary cap and draft system comes to mind. If you're at the top then you shouldn't be allowed to sign to players ahead of other teams. You should also have a maximum amount you can spend on players transfers and wages. This means instead of a few teams having all the best players, all the top players will be spread across many teams to allow for better competition. How can one or two teams dominate a competition that hundreds of teams participate in? That's why I don't watch the Bundesliga anymore. As soon as Dortmund, Schalke or any other team unearths a great player, in comes Bayern to snatch them up. Or for a team to buy one highly rated player they have to give up another similarly rated player to offset the move.

Zidane did well no doubt but let's also give credit to the players and team he inherited. I've always said you can't judge a great coach by their accomplishments at Real Madrid and Barcelona, however you can judge a terrible coach. All Zizou's done is proven he isn't a bad coach. For him to prove (at lest to me) that he's great I'll have to see him perform with fewer resources. Half your job is done if you have Ronaldo/Messi.
You do realize that with your proposal, Chelsea and Man City would never have caught up to the likes of
ManU and all teams would become mediocre.

If a team does what it takes to win everything, every season, then more power to them.
There is no need to bend the rules to accommodate bumbling clubs like ManU post Fergie.
“If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.”- Sun Tzu
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

Kabalega wrote:
theYemster wrote:
wanaj0 wrote:
theYemster wrote:

What should they do?

You do realize that with your proposal, Chelsea and Man City would never have caught up to the likes of

If a team does what it takes to win everything, every season, then more power to them.
There is no need to bend the rules to accommodate bumbling clubs like ManU post Fergie.
No, what he is saying is that it would have been more difficult for Man U to pluck the likes of Van Der Saar, Rooney, Tevez, Berbatov, etc from "lesser" teams.
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

joplass wrote:I hate to watch football on this fox channel. The US will never succeed in this sport. Commentators who have no clue how the game is played commercials every two minutes.
...in the US, government don't give them money to televise sports vs the one we are very familiar with in Nigeria. They source for it, hence the commercials which btw comes after the real match.
If you are troubled by commercial interruptions don't watch American based sports, football, basketball, baseball, etc.
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

Kabalega wrote:
theYemster wrote:
wanaj0 wrote:
theYemster wrote:

What should they do?

Yes maybe Chelsea and City wouldn't have been able to catch up but teams like Southampton, West Ham, Spurs, Everton and Arsenal that have a good youth development program would've easily competed with United cos ManU wouldn't have been able to pull so far ahead and remain consistently at the top by vandalising it's rivals. The same controls that prevent Chelsea and City from catching United would've also prevented United from pulling away.

I'm not against a team doing all it takes as long as it's within the parameters of fairness. If Real Madrid is so rich why not invest a lot in youth programs to ensure they get more quality players coming through the pipelines rather than wait for other teams to do all the hard work scouting and developing the players only for them to swoop in once they're ready to challenge. The system is unfairly skewed towards the richest and biggest clubs and meant to keep them perpetually at the top while keeping others perpetually at the bottom.

When it comes to free agency, for a team like Barcelona to keep all of Messi, Suarez, Neymar, Iniesta etc, they'd all have to take a hefty pay cut. A team like Villareal, Depor, Sociedad, etc should be able to offer them way more money than already stacked teams like Barcelona or Real Madrid.

One can only imagine how much more interesting the leagues would be if teams like Malaga and West Ham have as much chance of winning the UCL as Real Madrid or Bayern.

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯