Chidozie Awaziem joins Nantes(Ligue 1)

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Chidozie Awaziem joins Nantes(Ligue 1)

Post by danfo driver »

truetalk wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
Obong wrote:
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:Nice move for him. :clap: :clap: The battle between him and Ekong to partner Balogun is getting interesting. Ekong will not keep that spot unless he earns a starting spot with Gent. :thumb:
Emir, on the contrary.Ekong has largely been the mainstay of that central defense and has kept his spot since last year, through the Olympics and through ALL our qualifiers and friendlies till date. Reportedly, because of Awaziem's emergence, the question now is who partners Ekong between Omeruo and Awaziem. Balogun's injury troubles have prevented their partnership to blossom even more, and if he does not avoid the injury plague, we certainly will play with Ekong and the other options we have .
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: Obong back... and what happens? to champion another of his tribes man! smh. You are so predictable.
I don't know why you are harassing Obong. Kongi can be said to be pushing Balogun as well.

Anyway, I had my doubts about Ekong's pace and quality, but he has been very reliable for Nigeria over the last 18 months. Even scripture says that a 'live dog' is better than a 'dead lion'. I don't mind if he turns out to be another Danny Shittu who gave 100% every time he put on the SE shirt and many times would be the best Nigerian player during SE matches despite his humble club situation.

Back to the Awaziem move, which is what the thread is about. I'm not too sure what to make of it. Nantes is in a better league, but is not as big a club as Porto is. He is also a placeholder in a deal for a coach, so its not like Nantes is going all out to get him. If it leads to more playing time, then great. He looks like another solid option for us at the back, so I hope the move works out well for him.
Kongi is a well known tribalist. I just want Obong to admit the truth. he only comes here to push his towns men!
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

truetalk wrote: Back to the Awaziem move, which is what the thread is about. I'm not too sure what to make of it. Nantes is in a better league, but is not as big a club as Porto is.
As a defender at Nantes, he will get tested, and he will have to learn and that will improve his defensive ability. At Porto he will be playing for a bug club and wouldnt necessarily get tested in most games.

More importantly, the Porto coach clearly does not want him and will not use him.
He is also a placeholder in a deal for a coach, so its not like Nantes is going all out to get him.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

First of, they have an option to buy him. Secondly, have you asked yourself whether they can afford to buy him now? or whether Porto wants to sell now? Even if nantes isnt sure of him, that is not a problem. As long as he gets time.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

truetalk wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
Obong wrote:
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:Nice move for him. :clap: :clap: The battle between him and Ekong to partner Balogun is getting interesting. Ekong will not keep that spot unless he earns a starting spot with Gent. :thumb:
Emir, on the contrary.Ekong has largely been the mainstay of that central defense and has kept his spot since last year, through the Olympics and through ALL our qualifiers and friendlies till date. Reportedly, because of Awaziem's emergence, the question now is who partners Ekong between Omeruo and Awaziem. Balogun's injury troubles have prevented their partnership to blossom even more, and if he does not avoid the injury plague, we certainly will play with Ekong and the other options we have .
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: Obong back... and what happens? to champion another of his tribes man! smh. You are so predictable.
I don't know why you are harassing Obong. Kongi can be said to be pushing Balogun as well.

Anyway, I had my doubts about Ekong's pace and quality, but he has been very reliable for Nigeria over the last 18 months. Even scripture says that a 'live dog' is better than a 'dead lion'. I don't mind if he turns out to be another Danny Shittu who gave 100% every time he put on the SE shirt and many times would be the best Nigerian player during SE matches despite his humble club situation.

Back to the Awaziem move, which is what the thread is about. I'm not too sure what to make of it. Nantes is in a better league, but is not as big a club as Porto is. He is also a placeholder in a deal for a coach, so its not like Nantes is going all out to get him. If it leads to more playing time, then great. He looks like another solid option for us at the back, so I hope the move works out well for him.
Nantes definitely want Awaziem as they have refused to take the Belgian youth International, Kayembe, who was part of the deal and insisted they want only Awaziem. Porto fans are angry because they do not want Awaziem to leave and believe that he will have a chance to play under the new coach. Chidozie himself has said it is either he plays in the first team of Porto or they allow him to go on loan to a team in the top league as playing in the B team of Porto is detrimental to his career progression.
I am happy
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

zee wrote:
Cellular wrote:
Dammy wrote:Nigerian International central defender, Chidozie Awaziem, has joined French Ligue 1 side, Nantes, on a one year loan deal from Porto. He is part of the deal taking Nantes coach, Sergio Conceciao, to Porto and Awaziem's loan deal was used to smooth out the deal. Nantes have an option of making the loan deal permanent on payment of 12 million euros.
Rohr continues to hammer.
Chair stop am....................you know say Oyinbo no like money(signed Sir V)
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
paj
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by paj »

ohenhen1 wrote:Good looking young defender. Good move for him.
:blink: :blink: :blink: :blink: :blink: :blink: :blink:
The Brunch Mixtape Project
Available on all major streaming platforms :)
Goldleaf
Egg
Egg

Post by Goldleaf »

Whatever happened to Godfrey Oboabona? Is he already out of the frame for CD?
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

Goldleaf wrote:Whatever happened to Godfrey Oboabona? Is he already out of the frame for CD?
He's somewhere in Turkey. We wish him well.
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

The YeyeMan wrote:
Goldleaf wrote:Whatever happened to Godfrey Oboabona? Is he already out of the frame for CD?

He was relegated to the Turkish 2nd div with Rizespor.
OCCUPY NFF!!
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

Surprised that Oboabona has been totally jettisoned.
truetalk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by truetalk »

wiseone wrote:Surprised that Oboabona has been totally jettisoned.
I have mentioned it here over and over again. I don't think he and Sone Aluko did anything to lose SE invitations.

It may be a long road back for him now, with the emergence of new CDs and his reported relegation in Turkey.
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:
The YeyeMan wrote:

He was relegated to the Turkish 2nd div with Rizespor.
We wish him well.
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.