SE & Religion: Rohr Disagrees on Player Fasting......

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: SE & Religion: Rohr Disagrees on Player Fasting......

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

metalalloy wrote:
lukemana wrote:
Akure4Life wrote:
nemi2002 wrote:Are these the only Muslim prayers? Btw I read somewhere that there's a workaround for this. Muslims here can help.
Yes, they can complete their fast at a later date
Only if they are sick, menstruating (for women) or undertaking a trip. Under the current conditions, they are at work so they must observe the fast.

However, if they get too tired, or it is too hot/cold for them, or encounter a life threatening situation, or they vomit, it is NOT a sin to break the fast before the due time!
Remember, God sees your heart!

Cheers!!!

What about the Fatwa mentioned in the article Yujam posted above?
not sure you will get a universal opinion on that. We had this debate with Yujam and Cota more than 10 years ago. My counter argument would be, should laborers, construction workers, etc also get fatwa exclusions? and if so, when would they make up the fasts? during their vacations? If no exclusions for them, why? because they have no "fans" to watch them lift heavy stuff?
To be clear, this is an academic discussion on my part, rather than advocating my own beliefs.
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
lukemana
Egg
Egg

Post by lukemana »

metalalloy wrote:
lukemana wrote:
Akure4Life wrote:
nemi2002 wrote:Are these the only Muslim prayers? Btw I read somewhere that there's a workaround for this. Muslims here can help.
Yes, they can complete their fast at a later date
Only if they are sick, menstruating (for women) or undertaking a trip. Under the current conditions, they are at work so they must observe the fast.

However, if they get too tired, or it is too hot/cold for them, or encounter a life threatening situation, or they vomit, it is NOT a sin to break the fast before the due time!
Remember, God sees your heart!

Cheers!!!

What about the Fatwa mentioned in the article Yujam posted above?
The Fatwa DOES NOT override the teachings of the Quran or the Sunnah of the Prophet (SAW)!

Cheers!!!
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
Gotti wrote:
jette1 wrote:problem is you guys are complicating a relatively simple issue; this is why USA continues to leave countries like Nigeria in the dust with nose bruised all the time. The Nigerian constitution recognises Nigeria as a circular state with separation of religion and state just like US constitution does. which means The coach does what he feels necessary to accomplish his mission - which is to get results and only him would have final say on what the players do or don't do regardless of religious affiliations of individual players so long his actions are not discriminatory. whether religion makes exceptions or not is not a burden on neither the coach or the constitution of the nation in which the particular belief system operates. The Nation is a host to the religion and not the other way around.
And problem with you is that you have taken what was aptly summarized in 2 short sentences and written a thesis that merely betrays your lack of comprehension about the US constitution which actually guarantees freedom of worship - and thus would guarantee the right of these players to fast if they so choose, without being penalized for it. Anyway this is not the forum to deconstruct you parachute analysis of a relatively complicated subject matter.

And btw, it's "secular" and not circular... you can thank me later. :lol:
Thank you....I went to look at the map of Nigeria and was wondering how we are circular. :oops: :oops: :oops:
please spare us the visuals of you two sucking on each on other
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."