Ghana church holds Chelsea thanksgiving service

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

osita
Egg
Egg
Re: Ghana church holds Chelsea thanksgiving service

Post by osita »

imehjunior wrote:
osita wrote:Shame full, colonialism at it's hight.
Ever heard of this shameful act in Nigeria.
Yes. A lot of instances abound.
Na wa, am surprised, just like Nigerians putting comments on Manchester killings while there own brothers are killed by boko haram.
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

kajifu wrote:I don't know why guys are surprise,EPL fans now have a lot of big whatsapp groups and my Arsenal maryland whatsapp group plan to start doing meeting physically like any other association that African form here in USA.
I don't know why some say its shameful ,if group of people like something allow them to come together and celebrate their club.
This is the mentality that is destroying the african community and keeping them at the back in the economic race. I can do all things, but not all things are beneficial!
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
chendosplastic
Egg
Egg

Post by chendosplastic »

osita wrote:
imehjunior wrote:
osita wrote:Shame full, colonialism at it's hight.
Ever heard of this shameful act in Nigeria.
Yes. A lot of instances abound.
Na wa, am surprised, just like Nigerians putting comments on Manchester killings while there own brothers are killed by boko haram.
But they also "put comments" on boko haram killings.
"The history book on the shelf is always repeating itself" - ABBA.
"Facts, Logic, truth is the way....stop ranting via emotions; seeing things through the prism of ethnicity is comfortable but ultimately a road to perdition." - airwolex.
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

Prince wrote:
deanotito wrote:I really hope that churches stop giving themselves to this
Its a form of evangelism, anyway am flying emirates as well
I'm a Christian, I like soccer, and during Nigerian matches, I pray....but seriously, a church organization should be elevated above such silliness. It belittles the church and wastes its goodwill and impact.

I remember after the Brazil game in Atlanta 96, we were all hype when we got to church...there was palpable excitement in the air....and you could see it from the front man as well...But the game was never referred to directly...we just translated our happiness into an excited attitude and did what we came there for.
If purge dey worry you, you no dey select toilet
Purity
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Purity »

Very sad if true..
Jesus didn't die so we could have religion. He died so we could have a deep, intimate, personal relationship with God.
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

kajifu wrote:I don't know why guys are surprise,EPL fans now have a lot of big whatsapp groups and my Arsenal maryland whatsapp group plan to start doing meeting physically like any other association that African form here in USA.
I don't know why some say its shameful ,if group of people like something allow them to come together and celebrate their club.

Did you by chance attend The Church of England's Thanksgiving Service to this effect?

Or London's St Paul Cathedral's Thanksgiving Service after Chelsea won the EPL?
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

http://i42.tinypic.com/210hk01.jpg
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

balo wrote:

Did you by chance attend The Church of England's Thanksgiving Service to this effect?

Oga am not a chelsea fan to start with and if my beloved win major trophies i will go if i had chance to celebrate. If i live in London and Arsenal win a league trust me i will do thanksgiving on one of those churches
Last edited by kajifu on Thu Jun 08, 2017 3:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

kajifu wrote:
balo wrote:

Oga am not a chelsea fan to start with and if my beloved win major trophies i will ho if chance to celebrate. If i live in London and Arsenal win a league trust me i will do thanksgiving cpnsider how hard its gor us beloved to kiss such trophies after 13 years.

The service will have to hold first before you can go.
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

oloye wrote:
This is the mentality that is destroying the african community and keeping them at the back in the economic race. I can do all things, but not all things are beneficial!
Nothing is destroying African community.Sports is one event that bring the world together.So are you saying its wrong as we come on ce?
Hope you understand its not wrong to celebrate and even thank God if your club win something.
I know ypu support Ireland ans would even throw party if the win Euro talkless of world cup.
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

balo wrote:
kajifu wrote:
balo wrote:

Oga am not a chelsea fan to start with and if my beloved win major trophies i will ho if chance to celebrate. If i live in London and Arsenal win a league trust me i will do thanksgiving cpnsider how hard its gor us beloved to kiss such trophies after 13 years.

So to you the british people dont go tp church and celebrate such success?
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

kajifu wrote:
balo wrote:
kajifu wrote:
balo wrote:

So to you the british people dont go tp church and celebrate such success?

I haven't read anywhere of a Church Service in Huddersfield to add color to the celebration of getting promoted.

But they surely will break bread and drink alcohol-free wine to celebrate Christ and continue other church duties in their communities.

furiously frank
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by furiously frank »

oloye wrote:They should ask these clowns when they are going to hold thanksgiving service for Ashanti kotoko, Hearts of Oaks and Eleven wise or midgets of Sekondi?
Chief, why are you stealing CIC's thunder? :D
"That Justice is a blind goddess
Is a thing to which we blacks are wise.
Her bandage hides two festering sores
That once perhaps were eyes."
Langston Hughes, 1923