Esiti to PSG

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

wale1974
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Esiti to PSG

Post by wale1974 »

Dammy wrote:This summer is going to be interesting for Nigerian players. Ifeanyi Matthew is on the verge of signing for Anderlecht. If this moves comes through, it pushes Esiti back into SE reckoning. I hope it works out. This is the Rohr effect.
Serious baller
"Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds!" - Bob Marley
wale1974
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wale1974 »

bushboy wrote:
Dammy wrote:This summer is going to be interesting for Nigerian players. Ifeanyi Matthew is on the verge of signing for Anderlecht. If this moves comes through, it pushes Esiti back into SE reckoning. I hope it works out. This is the Rohr effect.
What pushed him out of reckoning to begin with? Dude always played well for us. I suspect there is more than football related reasons for his continued exclusion. Outside of maybe Ndidi, he has been our most consistent central midfield player in Europe this season.
That Dept is so crowded at the moment, now with Agu playing well..............it's going to be hard for Esiti, Lawal and Mathew to break into the team.
"Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds!" - Bob Marley
wale1974
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wale1974 »

Bigpokey24 wrote:
ume-ugo wrote:Based on what I have seen of him at Gent, Esiti is yet to develop several aspects of his game. His passing range and tacking is average while his strength (physical traits); technique and understanding of the game is way above midfielders in the Belgian league. His biggest weakness is his reaction time. This can be seen as he accumulated numerous cautions for late challenges. If you pay special attention to his passes, he does require some time on the ball, but his technique is quite good. If PSG want him, great!, but I'm afraid it will be a case of "Echiejile goes to Monaco" 2.0.
kai see bad-belle... nah wah for some of una ..my goodness.. you dey vex your client no get sele?
Bad belle for speaking his mind :? :? :? :? :? :???: :???: :???: :???:
wale1974
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wale1974 »

soma wrote:Chai make una answer Bigpokey nau!! Bobo is trying hard to
Be relevant on this post but una dey ignore the bobo.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
wale1974
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wale1974 »

maceo4 wrote:
niyi wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
green4life wrote:
bushboy wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
bushboy wrote:I've never understood why Esiti is so undervalued by SE managers. He has always played well when given a chance, and then mysteriously, he doesn't get invited the next game! It is very puzzling. I have watched the guy play several times and I like his game. I was attacked once on here for saying he was probably slightly better than Ndidi.
Anyway, it's all good. Congrats to him if this is true.
Well lets see if the move is true first.

I am not that aware of his ability, as I have never watched him extensively. Also, many on here have said he is a "jam body" player, maybe Rohr agrees. Again, i hope this moved comes true. In a world cup year, we need most of our players to be playing in top leagues
What does "jam body player" mean? He is a big, strong guy who is very comfortable on the ball and has good passing range. I compare him to Victor Wanyama.
You just described Wanyama but I'm not sure about Esiti meeting that definition though I stand to be corrected. The Esiti that I've watched (though limited for SE and his club during Europa league) is certainly a physical force in midfield but not the best footballing ability which explains why Ndidi is a better player at this moment b/c Ndidi is strong physically and can play football. Now who knows, Esiti might move to PSG and his game will open up playing in a more competitive and ambitious environment. But that remains to be seen. That said, I would have liked to have seen a little more of him in the SE as I thought he performed OK with the little opportunity that Rohr gave him during WCQs.
We saw both on the same field, Esiti was chasing shadows and fouling everyone in sight. I hope this is true, but I very much doubt it.
Which match? Esiti held his own in that match.
Go and rewatch the match abeg, he was many levels below Wanyama.
https://www.whoscored.com/Matches/11530 ... enham-Gent
https://www.whoscored.com/Matches/11529 ... -Tottenham
Sheikh
Egg
Egg

Post by Sheikh »

Dammy wrote:
chief nfachairman wrote:By Jan next year the SE could potentially be:

STRIKER
Kelechi - Westham
Kayode Olarenwaju - German bundesliga
Osimehin - Wolfsburg
Orji Okonkwo - Bologna/INter

WINGERS/ SUPPORT STRIKERS
Onyekuru - Arsenal
V.Moses - Chelsea
Samuel Kalu - Gent
S.Moses - Monaco/ PSG/ Westbrom
Ahmed Musa - Leicester Bench
Isaac Success - Watford/ Westham/ physiotherapist

MIDFIELDERS
Iwobi -Arsenal
Ifeanyi Mathews - Anderlecht
Etebo - Monaco/Lille/ and all the lies
Mikel -
Onazi - em
MIkel Agu - Porto first team
Ndidi - Leicester
Esiti - PSG

C.DEFENDERS
Balogun -Mainz
Awaziem - Nantes
Omeruo - Napoli or chelsea first team (nothing is impossible with Conte)
Troost-ekong - Gents

FULL BACKS
Ola Aina -Chelsea
Tyrone - Ado Heng ag *how ever its spelt
Mourof - Zamalek
Elderson Echiejiele - def some club not his present club or past club

KEEPERS
Ifeanyi Ezenwa - Ifeanyi UBAH FC :|
Akpeyi - Chippa :|[/quote

Troost is wanted by EPL newcomers, Brighton, while Lyon are on Etebo's trail. PSV are sniffing around Ebuehi and Nura Abdullahi should be fit to play for Roma next season.
You omitted Shehu Abdullahi as full back, Muazzam as midfielder, Ikeme as Keeper, and potentially Enyeama as a comeback Keeper.
Sheikh
Egg
Egg

Post by Sheikh »

Sheikh wrote:
Dammy wrote:

STRIKER
Kelechi - Westham
Osimehin - Wolfsburg

Onyekuru - Arsenal
V.Moses - Chelsea
Samuel Kalu - Gent

MIDFIELDERS
Iwobi -Arsenal
Mikel -
Onazi - em
Ndidi - Leicester
Esiti - PSG

C.DEFENDERS
Balogun -Mainz
Awaziem - Nantes
Troost-ekong - Gents

FULL BACKS
Ola Aina -Chelsea
Mourof - Zamalek

KEEPERS

Troost is wanted by EPL newcomers, Brighton, while Lyon are on Etebo's trail. PSV are sniffing around Ebuehi and Nura Abdullahi should be fit to play for Roma next season.
You omitted Shehu Abdullahi as full back, Muazzam as midfielder, Ikeme as Keeper, and potentially Enyeama as a comeback Keeper.
And Ogu as midfielder
bully12
Egg
Egg

Post by bully12 »

Please can we hold off on these speculations until we see actual signing on the dotted line. I have seen and heard such rumors before at the end of day not even one significant move was made by any of our players. Thus, I sincerely implore everybody to lower their expectations and excitements to avoid extremely disappointed if their expectations don't come true. Though, I will confess this year's prospect is looking brighter than previous years . However,we still have to apply some caution.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Please, ignore maceo. The boy has always been very silly. Thats why he was driven out of his village at the age of 13 and had to fend for himself.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

ume-ugo wrote:Based on what I have seen of him at Gent, Esiti is yet to develop several aspects of his game. His passing range and tacking is average while his strength (physical traits); technique and understanding of the game is way above midfielders in the Belgian league. His biggest weakness is his reaction time. This can be seen as he accumulated numerous cautions for late challenges. If you pay special attention to his passes, he does require some time on the ball, but his technique is quite good. If PSG want him, great!, but I'm afraid it will be a case of "Echiejile goes to Monaco" 2.0.
I disagree with you on whether Esiti will get playing time at PSG if the move is completed. After PSG's humiliating capitulation at the Camp Nou against Barcelona in the UCL, the club hierarchy felt that one of the reasons for the defeat was the lack of a physical midfielder, while PSG is not lacking in technical midfielders like Veratti, Motta, Matuidi etc, they lacked muscle in the middle and that is where Esiti comes in. He is a different type of midfielder to what PSG already have. With PSG playing over 60 games next season in the French Cup, French League Cup, Ligue 1 and UCL, Esiti will get a lot of playing time.
I am happy
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

Dammy wrote:
I disagree with you on whether Esiti will get playing time at PSG if the move is completed. After PSG's humiliating capitulation at the Camp Nou against Barcelona in the UCL, the club hierarchy felt that one of the reasons for the defeat was the lack of a physical midfielder, while PSG is not lacking in technical midfielders like Veratti, Motta, Matuidi etc, they lacked muscle in the middle and that is where Esiti comes in. He is a different type of midfielder to what PSG already have. With PSG playing over 60 games next season in the French Cup, French League Cup, Ligue 1 and UCL, Esiti will get a lot of playing time.
Motta, Veratti .. Tweedy? Matuidi too? Not physical enough? I bet our boy Onazi will beg to disagree. Besides, how physical is barca? Physicality had absolutely nothing to do with the barca loss. They played not to loose and sometimes when you do that, you're unwittingly playing to loose. It happens a lot in professional sports. Anyway, you might have a point but mostly for their league games given the french league is fairly physical.
chief nfachairman
Egg
Egg

Post by chief nfachairman »

Sheikh wrote:
Sheikh wrote:
Dammy wrote:

STRIKER
Kelechi - Westham
Osimehin - Wolfsburg

Onyekuru - Arsenal
V.Moses - Chelsea
Samuel Kalu - Gent

MIDFIELDERS
Iwobi -Arsenal
Mikel -
Onazi - em
Ndidi - Leicester
Esiti - PSG

C.DEFENDERS
Balogun -Mainz
Awaziem - Nantes
Troost-ekong - Gents

FULL BACKS
Ola Aina -Chelsea
Mourof - Zamalek

KEEPERS

And Ogu as midfielder
I ignored Shehu Abdullahi, Muazzam and Ikeme because there are no "juicy speculations" on them.

and yea, Eyeama should be on that list if he agrees to get back to SE.
chief nfachairman
Egg
Egg

Post by chief nfachairman »

What does "jam body player" mean? He is a big, strong guy who is very comfortable on the ball and has good passing range. I compare him to Victor Wanyama.[/quote]

You just described Wanyama but I'm not sure about Esiti meeting that definition though I stand to be corrected. The Esiti that I've watched (though limited for SE and his club during Europa league) is certainly a physical force in midfield but not the best footballing ability which explains why Ndidi is a better player at this moment b/c Ndidi is strong physically and can play football. Now who knows, Esiti might move to PSG and his game will open up playing in a more competitive and ambitious environment. But that remains to be seen. That said, I would have liked to have seen a little more of him in the SE as I thought he performed OK with the little opportunity that Rohr gave him during WCQs.[/quote]

We saw both on the same field, Esiti was chasing shadows and fouling everyone in sight. I hope this is true, but I very much doubt it.[/quote]

Which match? Esiti held his own in that match.[/quote]

Go and rewatch the match abeg, he was many levels below Wanyama.[/quote]
https://www.whoscored.com/Matches/11529 ... -Tottenham[/quote]

Wale1974,
The stats here shows that Esiti was rated higher than Wanyama once in both duels. And when you do a head to head using the same link, they were very close on all parameters for both matches.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

wale1974 wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
niyi wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
green4life wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
bushboy wrote:I've never understood why Esiti is so undervalued by SE managers. He has always played well when given a chance, and then mysteriously, he doesn't get invited the next game! It is very puzzling. I have watched the guy play several times and I like his game. I was attacked once on here for saying he was probably slightly better than Ndidi.
Anyway, it's all good. Congrats to him if this is true.
Well lets see if the move is true first.

I am not that aware of his ability, as I have never watched him extensively. Also, many on here have said he is a "jam body" player, maybe Rohr agrees. Again, i hope this moved comes true. In a world cup year, we need most of our players to be playing in top leagues
What does "jam body player" mean? He is a big, strong guy who is very comfortable on the ball and has good passing range. I compare him to Victor Wanyama.
You just described Wanyama but I'm not sure about Esiti meeting that definition though I stand to be corrected. The Esiti that I've watched (though limited for SE and his club during Europa league) is certainly a physical force in midfield but not the best footballing ability which explains why Ndidi is a better player at this moment b/c Ndidi is strong physically and can play football. Now who knows, Esiti might move to PSG and his game will open up playing in a more competitive and ambitious environment. But that remains to be seen. That said, I would have liked to have seen a little more of him in the SE as I thought he performed OK with the little opportunity that Rohr gave him during WCQs.
We saw both on the same field, Esiti was chasing shadows and fouling everyone in sight. I hope this is true, but I very much doubt it.
Which match? Esiti held his own in that match.
Go and rewatch the match abeg, he was many levels below Wanyama.
https://www.whoscored.com/Matches/11529 ... -Tottenham
It's really easy to google and only post the links that suit your argument:

Esiti - 3
http://metro.co.uk/2017/02/23/tottenham ... e-6469119/

Esiti - 2.5
http://m.goal.com/s/en/match/tottenham- ... 22/ratings
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

danfo driver wrote:

Please, ignore maceo. The boy has always been very silly. Thats why he was driven out of his village at the age of 13 and had to fend for himself.
Funny thing is if you actually been on this forum as long as me you'd know I've lived my whole life outside Africa even learned pidgin on this forum, but go right ahead and spew more 'derision' my fan boy. I've posted 2 links too, I expect to see some derision on that post too, abeg scurry along and do your job... :bump:
Super Eagus 4 Life!
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

maceo4 wrote:
danfo driver wrote:

Funny thing is ]if you actually been on this forum as long as me you'd know I've lived my whole life outside Africa even learned pidgin on this forum, but go right ahead and spew more 'derision' my fan boy. I've posted 2 links too, I expect to see some derision on that post too, abeg scurry along and do your job... :bump:

Exactly! You were driven out like the mad dog that you are, and you had to fend for yourself outside Africa. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

maceo4 wrote:
danfo driver wrote:

Funny thing is if you actually been on this forum as long as me you'd know I've lived my whole life outside Africa even learned pidgin on this forum, but go right ahead and spew more 'derision' my fan boy. I've posted 2 links too, I expect to see some derision on that post too, abeg scurry along and do your job... :bump:
so mace nah here you learn pidgin? eh.. pay me money i go teach you better pidgin :D
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
bushboy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bushboy »

maceo4 wrote:
danfo driver wrote:

Lol! Maceo4!! Talk about selective posting! How come you only posted ratings for the 2nd game (at white Hart lane)? Did they not play 2 games? Please sir, post the rating from the SAME sources for the first game so we can see evidence of how Esiti was "levels below" Wanyama. Thank you :)
Bushboy's bushmen : 1.Isaac Success 2. Terem Moffi 3. Victor Boniface 4. Samuel Omorodion. 5. Samson Tijani. 6. Rafiu Durosinmi.
Who will be next?
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

bushboy wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
danfo driver wrote:

Lol! Maceo4!! Talk about selective posting! How come you only posted ratings for the 2nd game (at white Hart lane)? Did they not play 2 games? Please sir, post the rating from the SAME sources for the first game so we can see evidence of how Esiti was "levels below" Wanyama. Thank you :)
Are you about to jinx Esiti?
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

bushboy wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
danfo driver wrote:

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Na una no know Maceo! Una think sey the Mad dog go do the right thing? I expect since he was raised "outside Africa," he may not understand my pidgin, so I will start speaking in waffi pidgin. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

danfo driver wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
danfo driver wrote:

Funny thing is ]if you actually been on this forum as long as me you'd know I've lived my whole life outside Africa even learned pidgin on this forum, but go right ahead and spew more 'derision' my fan boy. I've posted 2 links too, I expect to see some derision on that post too, abeg scurry along and do your job... :bump:

Exactly! You were driven out like the mad dog that you are, and you had to fend for yourself outside Africa. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Sure, that's why so many Nigerians are begging and pleading for visa's so they can also be 'driven out' to a better country, talk about stupidity :bump: :bump:
Super Eagus 4 Life!
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

danfo driver wrote:
bushboy wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
danfo driver wrote:

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Na una no know Maceo! Una think sey the Mad dog go do the right thing? I expect since he was raised "outside Africa," he may not understand my pidgin, so I will start speaking in waffi pidgin. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
So the second game suddenly doesn't count? Keep shifting goal post, wake me up when Esiti joins PSG, I will gladly collect my wiring on CE, but if he doesn't, I go wire una o! Especially that useless bushbaby jinx master!
Super Eagus 4 Life!
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Bigpokey24 wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
danfo driver wrote:

so mace nah here you learn pidgin? eh.. pay me money i go teach you better pidgin :D
How much you wan charge?!
Super Eagus 4 Life!