Esiti to PSG

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

niyi
Egg
Egg
Re: Esiti to PSG

Post by niyi »

danfo driver wrote:
niyi wrote:
Dammy wrote:The new Sporting Director at PSG, Antero Henrique, is Portuguese and knows Esiti from his time in Leixoes and Estoril. PSG are looking for a physical midfielder to compliment the technical players they have in that department. Esiti fitted the bill and PSG have contacted his entourage and opened discussions with Gent (Gent paid 1.5 million euros for him), who have demanded 20 million euros for Esiti and they claim that his former club, Estoril, are entitled to 20% of his transfer fee as they have a sell-on clause. PSG are trying to get Gent to lower their asking price. That is the situation at the moment and it could change at any time.
Greedy gent
Greedy ke? So, I should sell my property for pea nuts to a billionaire so that it can bring smile to the faces of the natives in the country of Nigeria? na wow o!
Hahaha

Ndidi and Bailey - biggest talents in the belgian league were sold for less now. They probably would sell cheaper if it was another French club.
Ona t'Olorun ngba soro
lati se ise re
ona re enikan ko mo
awamaridi ni!
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

I thought Esiti was invited a fews times to the SE and didn't impress. Why are some sounding like he hasnt been given a chance. When there is lots of competition for your position, you must seize every opportunity you get.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

papilo wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
bushboy wrote:I've never understood why Esiti is so undervalued by SE managers. He has always played well when given a chance, and then mysteriously, he doesn't get invited the next game! It is very puzzling. I have watched the guy play several times and I like his game. I was attacked once on here for saying he was probably slightly better than Ndidi.
Anyway, it's all good. Congrats to him if this is true.
Well lets see if the move is true first.

I am not that aware of his ability, as I have never watched him extensively. Also, many on here have said he is a "jam body" player, maybe Rohr agrees. Again, i hope this moved comes true. In a world cup year, we need most of our players to be playing in top leagues
I have watched him a lot in the last 2 seasons (once live in the stadium). His ability does not depend on whether he moves to PSG or not. The guy is a solid defensive midfielder. I hope we begin to appreciate players for what they are rather than the club they play for. Rohr has done a brilliant job with Nigeria and I support him 100% but there was a time when we were looking for the perfect position for Ndidi. Rohr played him at right back vs Zambia and we heard he was being considered for the left back position at some point due to Echiejile's poor performances. The guy moves to Leicester and he has suddenly become the number 1 name on the list (not saying this is not deserved). For months many of us were advocating for Onyekuru to be invited but nada. The guy is linked to 3 or 4 premier league teams and all of a sudden he is included in a list he was initially omitted from even though the player he replaced is back in. Whether Esiti goes to PSG or remains at Gent, he deserves another call up.
Of course not. I was referring to exposure. If he moves to PSG, I can watch him and get to know about him more. And clearly, Nigeria, with their bias selection agains Nigeria-born Nigerians, will select him (Onyekuru).
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
oyek
Egg
Egg

Post by oyek »

Damunk wrote:
Dammy wrote:This summer is going to be interesting for Nigerian players. Ifeanyi Matthew is on the verge of signing for Anderlecht. If this moves comes through, it pushes Esiti back into SE reckoning. I hope it works out. This is the Rohr effect.
Excellent news. :thumb:
I was about to say the same, as I feel his talent belongs in a better and more competitive league.
If not for Jesus, where will i be?
ume-ugo
Egg
Egg

Post by ume-ugo »

Based on what I have seen of him at Gent, Esiti is yet to develop several aspects of his game. His passing range and tacking is average while his strength (physical traits); technique and understanding of the game is way above midfielders in the Belgian league. His biggest weakness is his reaction time. This can be seen as he accumulated numerous cautions for late challenges. If you pay special attention to his passes, he does require some time on the ball, but his technique is quite good. If PSG want him, great!, but I'm afraid it will be a case of "Echiejile goes to Monaco" 2.0.
Iron mustu obey!!
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

ume-ugo wrote:Based on what I have seen of him at Gent, Esiti is yet to develop several aspects of his game. His passing range and tacking is average while his strength (physical traits); technique and understanding of the game is way above midfielders in the Belgian league. His biggest weakness is his reaction time. This can be seen as he accumulated numerous cautions for late challenges. If you pay special attention to his passes, he does require some time on the ball, but his technique is quite good. If PSG want him, great!, but I'm afraid it will be a case of "Echiejile goes to Monaco" 2.0.
kai see bad-belle... nah wah for some of una ..my goodness.. you dey vex your client no get sele?
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

bushboy wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
bushboy wrote:I've never understood why Esiti is so undervalued by SE managers. He has always played well when given a chance, and then mysteriously, he doesn't get invited the next game! It is very puzzling. I have watched the guy play several times and I like his game. I was attacked once on here for saying he was probably slightly better than Ndidi.

I am not that aware of his ability, as I have never watched him extensively. Also, many on here have said he is a "jam body" player, maybe Rohr agrees. Again, i hope this moved comes true. In a world cup year, we need most of our players to be playing in top leagues
What does "jam body player" mean? He is a big, strong guy who is very comfortable on the ball and has good passing range. I compare him to Victor Wanyama.
Actually, very good comparison. :thumb:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

green4life wrote:
bushboy wrote:
danfo driver wrote:

What does "jam body player" mean? He is a big, strong guy who is very comfortable on the ball and has good passing range. I compare him to Victor Wanyama.
You just described Wanyama but I'm not sure about Esiti meeting that definition though I stand to be corrected. The Esiti that I've watched (though limited for SE and his club during Europa league) is certainly a physical force in midfield but not the best footballing ability which explains why Ndidi is a better player at this moment b/c Ndidi is strong physically and can play football. Now who knows, Esiti might move to PSG and his game will open up playing in a more competitive and ambitious environment. But that remains to be seen. That said, I would have liked to have seen a little more of him in the SE as I thought he performed OK with the little opportunity that Rohr gave him during WCQs.
Watched him consistently for a while in Portugal. He does have footballing ability, but his physical presence is unmistakeable...
In or or two games where he pused forward, I recall remembering Alloysius Atuegbu...
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
gochino
Egg
Egg

Post by gochino »

He just reminds me of Ogude
chief nfachairman
Egg
Egg

Post by chief nfachairman »

By Jan next year the SE could potentially be:

STRIKER
Kelechi - Westham
Kayode Olarenwaju - German bundesliga
Osimehin - Wolfsburg
Orji Okonkwo - Bologna/INter

WINGERS/ SUPPORT STRIKERS
Onyekuru - Arsenal
V.Moses - Chelsea
Samuel Kalu - Gent
S.Moses - Monaco/ PSG/ Westbrom
Ahmed Musa - Leicester Bench
Isaac Success - Watford/ Westham/ physiotherapist

MIDFIELDERS
Iwobi -Arsenal
Ifeanyi Mathews - Anderlecht
Etebo - Monaco/Lille/ and all the lies
Mikel -
Onazi - em
MIkel Agu - Porto first team
Ndidi - Leicester
Esiti - PSG

C.DEFENDERS
Balogun -Mainz
Awaziem - Nantes
Omeruo - Napoli or chelsea first team (nothing is impossible with Conte)
Troost-ekong - Gents

FULL BACKS
Ola Aina -Chelsea
Tyrone - Ado Heng ag *how ever its spelt
Mourof - Zamalek
Elderson Echiejiele - def some club not his present club or past club

KEEPERS
Ifeanyi Ezenwa - Ifeanyi UBAH FC :|
Akpeyi - Chippa :|
soma
Egg
Egg

Post by soma »

Chai make una answer Bigpokey nau!! Bobo is trying hard to
Be relevant on this post but una dey ignore the bobo.

3. Thomas Sankara
4. Patrice Lumumba
5. Robert Mugabe
6. Murmar "the Lion" Ghaddafi....
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

[quote="chief nfachairman"]By Jan next year the SE could potentially be:

STRIKER
Kelechi - Westham
Osimehin - Wolfsburg

Onyekuru - Arsenal
V.Moses - Chelsea
Samuel Kalu - Gent

MIDFIELDERS
Iwobi -Arsenal
Mikel -
Onazi - em
Ndidi - Leicester
Esiti - PSG

C.DEFENDERS
Balogun -Mainz
Awaziem - Nantes
Troost-ekong - Gents

FULL BACKS
Ola Aina -Chelsea
Mourof - Zamalek

KEEPERS
Akpeyi - Chippa :|[/quote

Troost is wanted by EPL newcomers, Brighton, while Lyon are on Etebo's trail. PSV are sniffing around Ebuehi and Nura Abdullahi should be fit to play for Roma next season.
I am happy
Sir V
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sir V »

Bigpokey24 wrote:I think the 20 million nah chicken change.. Let them pay more.. can you even imagine the small money West Ham bid for Kele.. 20 million please
na small small
"If winning isn't important, why do we spend all that money on scoreboards?“ --Chuck Coonradt
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

[/video]

[/video]
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
icee
Egg
Egg

Post by icee »

ume-ugo wrote:Based on what I have seen of him at Gent, Esiti is yet to develop several aspects of his game. His passing range and tacking is average while his strength (physical traits); technique and understanding of the game is way above midfielders in the Belgian league. His biggest weakness is his reaction time. This can be seen as he accumulated numerous cautions for late challenges. If you pay special attention to his passes, he does require some time on the ball, but his technique is quite good. If PSG want him, great!, but I'm afraid it will be a case of "Echiejile goes to Monaco" 2.0.
You have summarized my perspective on Esiti. I have watched the guy very closely this season and when he was called up for SE. KPOM your summary
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

green4life wrote:
bushboy wrote:
danfo driver wrote:

You just described Wanyama but I'm not sure about Esiti meeting that definition though I stand to be corrected. The Esiti that I've watched (though limited for SE and his club during Europa league) is certainly a physical force in midfield but not the best footballing ability which explains why Ndidi is a better player at this moment b/c Ndidi is strong physically and can play football. Now who knows, Esiti might move to PSG and his game will open up playing in a more competitive and ambitious environment. But that remains to be seen. That said, I would have liked to have seen a little more of him in the SE as I thought he performed OK with the little opportunity that Rohr gave him during WCQs.
We saw both on the same field, Esiti was chasing shadows and fouling everyone in sight. I hope this is true, but I very much doubt it.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
chief nfachairman
Egg
Egg

Bigpokey24 wrote:[/video]

[/video]
:bump: :bump: :bump:

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

People have no chill sha. They used ganagsta rap,DMX, Eminem and even im a soldier song too as the back ground song of the video. loool
chief nfachairman
Egg
Egg

Dammy wrote:
chief nfachairman wrote:By Jan next year the SE could potentially be:

STRIKER
Kelechi - Westham
Osimehin - Wolfsburg

Onyekuru - Arsenal
V.Moses - Chelsea
Samuel Kalu - Gent

MIDFIELDERS
Iwobi -Arsenal
Mikel -
Onazi - em
Ndidi - Leicester
Esiti - PSG

C.DEFENDERS
Balogun -Mainz
Awaziem - Nantes
Troost-ekong - Gents

FULL BACKS
Ola Aina -Chelsea
Mourof - Zamalek

KEEPERS
Akpeyi - Chippa :|[/quote

Troost is wanted by EPL newcomers, Brighton, while Lyon are on Etebo's trail. PSV are sniffing around Ebuehi and Nura Abdullahi should be fit to play for Roma next season.
when was the last time we had this level of speculations and transfer rumors :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: . Not Francis Kumbur from taxi driver to the SE and back to taxi driver. Or SHittu to Preston North end
niyi
Egg
Egg

Post by niyi »

maceo4 wrote:
green4life wrote:
bushboy wrote:
danfo driver wrote:

We saw both on the same field, Esiti was chasing shadows and fouling everyone in sight. I hope this is true, but I very much doubt it.
Which match? Esiti held his own in that match.
Ona t'Olorun ngba soro
lati se ise re
ona re enikan ko mo
awamaridi ni!
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

I don't see him beating out Ndidi,Onazi and Mikel Agu even if he goes to psg. They can afford a specialist mf in addition to what they have but his game is just too limited for SE. He can shoot, can't score , doesn't get assists ,slow and isn't dominant in the air. What? Does he win 30 tackles a game?
OCCUPY NFF!!
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

niyi wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
green4life wrote:
bushboy wrote:
danfo driver wrote:

I have always said it is important to look down on Maceo's comments with derision.

Indeed we saw both on the same field, Esiti was on the winning team that night. I rather "chase shadows and foul everyone in sight", as I leave the pitch victorious, as opposed to having an absolute blinder and being a loser.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

niyi wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
green4life wrote:
bushboy wrote:
danfo driver wrote:

Go and rewatch the match abeg, he was many levels below Wanyama.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

danfo driver wrote:
niyi wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
green4life wrote:
bushboy wrote:
danfo driver wrote:

I have always said it is important to look down on Maceo's comments with derision.

Indeed we saw both on the same field, Esiti was on the winning team that night. I rather "chase shadows and foul everyone in sight", as I leave the pitch victorious, as opposed to having an absolute blinder and being a loser.
Yep, but you always read and respond, at least I have a fan in you. I haven't even been on the forum in a minute, but I trust the first time I post you will be rushing in to type 'derision'...It's good to have fans sha...
Super Eagus 4 Life!