SE players (PICS)

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle
SE players (PICS)

Post by Bigpokey24 »

SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
bushboy
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: SE players (PICS)

Post by bushboy »

Pitch looks in very good condition in these pics.
Bushboy's bushmen : 1.Isaac Success 2. Terem Moffi 3. Victor Boniface 4. Samuel Omorodion. 5. Samson Tijani. 6. Rafiu Durosinmi.
Who will be next?
Obong
Egg
Egg

Post by Obong »

bushboy wrote:Pitch looks in very good condition in these pics.
That's because the right focus has been given to pitch maintenance and use. The NFF and CAF officials have twice inspected it in the last four months, while all government activities like Democracy Day and the like had been moved to the Uyo Township stadium. Top marks to the NFF and the Akwa Ibom State Government for the effective collaboration for the hosting of the match and all ancillary protocols.
"WE ARE THE SUPER EAGLES!!!"
oyek
Egg
Egg

Post by oyek »

Colin Udoh was saying yesterday that they are about to replace the pitch with plastic turf to save on maintenance cost. The guy responsible for the synthetic plastic pitches round the country is in Uyo as we speak.
If not for Jesus, where will i be?
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

oyek wrote:Colin Udoh was saying yesterday that they are about to replace the pitch with plastic turf to save on maintenance cost. The guy responsible for the synthetic plastic pitches round the country is in Uyo as we speak.
I think FIFA games can only be played in natural turf...I'm not 100% certain but I think that's the rule. Converting to field turf may automatically rule it out of hosting intentional matches.

When the stadium was being built I suggested to him to try to talk the powers that be into selling the naming rights for the stadium (renewable every ten years) so they can generate revenue for maintenance. Nothing came of it.

Nigerians sef. Pfft!!!
O-Qua Tangin Wann! Die with memories, not dreams.™

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
oyek
Egg
Egg

Post by oyek »

theYemster wrote:
oyek wrote:Colin Udoh was saying yesterday that they are about to replace the pitch with plastic turf to save on maintenance cost. The guy responsible for the synthetic plastic pitches round the country is in Uyo as we speak.
I think FIFA games can only be played in natural turf...I'm not 100% certain but I think that's the rule. Converting to field turf may automatically rule it out of hosting intentional matches.

When the stadium was being built I suggested to him to try to talk the powers that be into selling the naming rights for the stadium (renewable every ten years) so they can generate revenue for maintenance. Nothing came of it.

Nigerians sef. Pfft!!!
Well I hope they are aware of Fifa rules regarding playing surface. Besides a plastic turf will take the shine off the nest of champions.
If not for Jesus, where will i be?
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

oyek wrote:
theYemster wrote:

Nigerians sef. Pfft!!!
Well I hope they are aware of Fifa rules regarding playing surface. Besides a plastic turf will take the shine off the nest of champions.
Who knows that they're aware of. From the feedback I got from Colin Udoh when I made the suggestion, those clowns are downright inept. I don't think they took him seriously.

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Cito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cito »

theYemster wrote:

Nigerians sef. Pfft!!!
Bros it doesn't matter. FIFA allows for both natural and Artificial surfaces. It just has to be Green

http://www.fifa.com/mm/document/affeder ... 0_11_e.pdf

Go to page 8
LAW 1 – THE FIELD OF PLAY
Field surface
Matches may be played on natural or artificial surfaces, according to the rules
of the competition.
The colour of artificial surfaces must be green
Where artificial surfaces are used in either competition matches between
representative teams of member associations affiliated to FIFA or international
club competition matches, the surface must meet the requirements of the FIFA
Quality Concept for Football Turf or the International Artificial Turf Standard,
unless special dispensation is given by FIFA.
Last edited by Cito on Wed Jun 07, 2017 10:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Learn from others whom have walked the path before you, but be smart enough to know when to cut your own trail."
Mr Shows
Egg
Egg

Post by Mr Shows »

Maintaining a grass pitch is not rocket science... Not even sure why we would be considering a plastic alternative. As Yemster said, just rebrand the stadium every 10 years or so and get sponsorship money to fund it...
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

best SE team in FIFA :D
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
oglex30
Egg
Egg

Post by oglex30 »

He never said that yesterday Oyek. I watched that feed when Colin got to the team hotel, he greeted one man standing outside and all Colin said was the guy that replaces artificial turf maybe they are thinking of doing that because it's cheaper to maintain. That's all he said it was never "they are about to replace the pitch". Your version is completely different.

This pitch is in excellent condition and I doubt they will replace it to turf if they want to continue hosting super eagles games.
oglex30
Egg
Egg

Post by oglex30 »

Bigpokey24 wrote:Image

best SE team in FIFA :D
PS or Xbox
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

theYemster wrote:

Nigerians sef. Pfft!!!

If you are not 100% certain why are you saying it as if you know they are wrong. It's a state government property and one individual cannot unilaterally sell the naming rights unless you ate saying you suggested to him to recommenda corrupt act.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
papilo
Egg
Egg

Post by papilo »

Oh no!! Huge mistake. No more super eagles games there if this happens. Would be sad though considering what a lovely stadium it is.
yes o
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

1naija wrote:
theYemster wrote:

Nigerians sef. Pfft!!!

If you are not 100% certain why are you saying it as if you know they are wrong. It's a state government property and one individual cannot unilaterally sell the naming rights unless you ate saying you suggested to him to recommenda corrupt act.
How am I saying it like I'm certain if one of the very first things I said is that I'm not 100% certain? Not to mention the fact that I used the phrase "I think"? Is that how you sound when you're certain of something?

I mentioned it because I know for a fact at a time FIFA didn't allow the use of artificial turf for it's matches. What I don't know is if the laws have since been changed that's why I said I'm not 100% sure.

And where did I say Colin (or any one person he tells) should name the stadium himself? I asked him to make a suggestion as a way of generating revenue since it's very possible they have no clue about marketing. All they know is to go cap in hand to the govt for funds. Has it occurred to you that maybe he could've suggested it to the same people who ended up changing the name drum Akwa Ibom International stadium to the name of the former governor hmm smart asss?
Last edited by theYemster on Wed Jun 07, 2017 11:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

Cito wrote:
theYemster wrote:

Nigerians sef. Pfft!!!
Bros it doesn't matter. FIFA allows for both natural and Artificial surfaces. It just has to be Green
Cameroon don suffer.
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.