Bafana Training On Playing With A Man Down Against Eagles

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

iworo
Egg
Egg
Bafana Training On Playing With A Man Down Against Eagles

Post by iworo »

Bafana Bafana Training On Playing With A Man Down Against Eagles – Coach Confesses

Ahead of the Super Eagles of Nigeria clash against the senior national team of South Africa, coach of the team Stuart Baxter has confessed that his team are training on formations incase they have a player sent off.

Baxter made the revelation upon arrival in Nigeria ‎yesterday for the Saturday’s game which is the first step for both teams in the road to qualify for the 2019 Africa Cup of Nations.

The coach admits Nigeria will no doubt be a hard nut to crack, but he has prepa‎red his team including the worst case scenario of having a player sent off during the course of the game.
“I think we’ve just got to be braver and say‚ ‘Look‚ how do we deal with this game‚ how do we manage it?’.

“There are certain things you can do.

“But what you don’t want to do is just be there on the field and not have a plan.

“We have dealt (in training) with a situation where we are leading.

“Yesterday we put on a scenario where we were playing XI v XI in the afternoon and I sent one of the players off.

“And I said‚ ‘Right‚ you’re leading 1-0‚ what do you do’.

“We’ve appproached that and they did it very well yesterday.

“We’ve approached how we would kill the game off if we were leading‚ and we’ve approached what we would do if we were chasing the game.

“So we’ve got a couple of ‘what if’ scenarios‚and one of them is that last critical phase.”

http://owngoalnigeria.com/2017/06/08/ba ... confesses/
Comrade Machel
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Bafana Training On Playing With A Man Down Against Eagle

Post by Comrade Machel »

Thank god Ithumeleng Khune is back rather than that basket goalie who cost us the match against Naija last time :thumbs: :thumbs: Rantie should be on the bench that fooker :curse: :curse:

I just love the name of this young forward Kermit ERASMUS :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Ratlala :thumbs: :D

https://youtu.be/8CZLsYase0Q
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

Samora Machel wrote:Thank god Ithumeleng Khune is back rather than that basket goalie who cost us the match against Naija last time :thumbs: :thumbs: Rantie should be on the bench that fooker :curse: :curse:

Samora, your boys will be hammered in Uyo.
I am happy
Obong
Egg
Egg

Post by Obong »

Dammy wrote:
Samora Machel wrote:Thank god Ithumeleng Khune is back rather than that basket goalie who cost us the match against Naija last time :thumbs: :thumbs: Rantie should be on the bench that fooker :curse: :curse:

Samora, your boys will be hammered in Uyo.
Samora,
Here in Uyo, we've concluded all arrangements for a comprehensive win. Your players should enjoy the ambience of the world-class hotel and the legendary nicer things offered in Uyo and Akwa Ibom, rather than bother about the foregone conclusion. Your coach is smart, because preparing for playing a man down seems sensible under the circumstances.
"WE ARE THE SUPER EAGLES!!!"
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

Oya time to send anoda bag to the lefree. Make dem begin training for two men down.
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
Comrade Machel
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Comrade Machel »

[quote="metalalloy"]Oya time to send anoda bag to the lefree. Make dem begin training for two men down.[/quote]

With Pinnicks stewardship and the warm relations he clearly enjoys with the southern african crew of Danny Jordaan and Phil Chiyangwa I suspect Nigeria will be more sporting and less underhand tactics :sneaky:
Ratlala :thumbs: :D

https://youtu.be/8CZLsYase0Q
mojojojo
Egg
Egg

Post by mojojojo »

Samora Machel wrote:[quote="metalalloy"]Oya time to send anoda bag to the lefree. Make dem begin training for two men down.

With Pinnicks stewardship and the warm relations he clearly enjoys with the southern african crew of Danny Jordaan and Phil Chiyangwa I suspect Nigeria will be more sporting and less underhand tactics :sneaky:[/quote]

Nigeria does not do underhand.
nemi2002
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by nemi2002 »

Are you from south Africa
greg
Egg
Egg

Post by greg »

nemi2002 wrote:

Are you from south Africa
There are "WE"s everywhere including African International football.