Exclusive – Rohr Goes For 4-3-3, Omeruo Dropped, Awaziem To

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

chief nfachairman
Egg
Egg
Exclusive – Rohr Goes For 4-3-3, Omeruo Dropped, Awaziem To

Post by chief nfachairman »

http://owngoalnigeria.com/2017/06/09/ex ... l-defence/

Reports reaching Owngoalnigeria.com has it that FC Porto Nigerian defender Chidozie Awaziem will pair William Troost-Ekong in the heart of Nigerian defence when they take on South Africa tomorrow.

Awaziem was selected ahead of Chelsea defender Kenneth ‎Omeruo as coach Gernot Rohr wants to work with majority of the players who were with him in the training tour of France.

The coach maintained the bulk of the squad that defeated Togo 3-0 in their last friendly game with Mikel Agu and Ikechukwu Ezenwa the only players dropped for the returning duo of Ogenyi Onazi and Daniel Akpeyi.

It’s still unclear if the dropping of Omeruo who has been a stalwart in the heart of Nigeria’s defence since 2013 has anything to do with the physiological edge South Africa striker Tokelo Rantie has over him.

The last time Nigeria played South Africa in Uyo, the game ended 2-2 but Omeruo struggled to keep the rampaging forward in check, and with the forward set to lead the line again for South Africa on Saturday, it could be that he has cost Omeruo his spot in the Nigeria team for the clash.

Rohr has also picked 4-3-3 as the style his team will adopt against South Africa, who are hoping to end an unpleasant run of no win against Nigeria in any competitive game, as their only win came in a friendly game in 2004.

Confirmed Line -Up.

Daniel Akpeyi

Shehu Abdullahi

Elderson Echiejile

William Troost-Ekong

Chidozie Awaziem

Ogenyi Onazi

Oghenekaro Etebo

Wilfred Ndidi

Ahmed Musa

Alex Iwobi

Kelechi Iheanacho
osita
Egg
Egg
Re: Exclusive – Rohr Goes For 4-3-3, Omeruo Dropped, Awaziem

Post by osita »

Omeruo will not survive the southafrica pace. Chigozie is the new kid on the block.

If he does well, that is the end of omeruo as a first team player in SE shirt. Difference with oyinbo, they will pick the best :clap:
bully12
Egg
Egg

Post by bully12 »

If he is picking the best why is he picking Musa over players that are definitely better than him
Sir V
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sir V »

bully12 wrote:If he is picking the best why is he picking Musa over players that are definitely better than him
I feel we will struggle to qualify for the ANC.
"If winning isn't important, why do we spend all that money on scoreboards?“ --Chuck Coonradt
osita
Egg
Egg

Post by osita »

bully12 wrote:If he is picking the best why is he picking Musa over players that are definitely better than him
The defense, is the major problem with the formal SE, omeruo has become somehow become suspect when playing with pacing strikers.

This is the same Musa who scored two beautiful goals against Argentina and recently against Togo.

I rather bench omeruo and start musa
Last edited by osita on Fri Jun 09, 2017 7:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
osita
Egg
Egg

Post by osita »

Sir V wrote:
Bro our team is so strong , have some faith.
Sir V
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sir V »

osita wrote:
Sir V wrote:
Bro our team is so strong , have some faith.
Ok o
"If winning isn't important, why do we spend all that money on scoreboards?“ --Chuck Coonradt
chief nfachairman
Egg
Egg

Post by chief nfachairman »

Eagles need improvement next season if we are going to get to the world cup and challenge the world. Players must move to better leagues and play regular football in those leagues.

Red: Bad situation
Blue: Ok situation
Green: Good/ very good condition. Eagus quality

Daniel Akpeyi - Useless Keeper, playing in a useless league and a useless team

Shehu Abdullahi - Very good player, Playing in a useless league. Needs to make a move

Elderson Echiejile - Chronic Bench warmer

William Troost-Ekong - Best defender in an average league and won starting shirt in one of the best teams in a good league

Chidozie Awaziem - Very good player, playing in Division 2 of a good league. He needs to get back a starting shirt in Porto or move to a good league and tie down a regular shirt.

Ogenyi Onazi - Very good player not bringing down the world in an average league. He needs to move

Oghenekaro Etebo - Very good player, playing regularly in the top division of a good league. Can do beter

Wilfred Ndidi - Very good player, playing regularly in the top division of a top league.

Ahmed Musa - Very good player, chopping bench regularly in the top division of a top league. He needs to win that starting shirt or move to a good or top league.

Alex Iwobi - Very good Player, started and played 60% for a top team in a top league. Must win back wenger's trust.

Kelechi Iheanacho - VEry good player, played 30% for a top team in a top league. Nna, the guy needs to move and do a Lukaku to chelsea.

By the time we are meeting Cameroun, 95% should be green including the bench and the remaining 5% blue.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Sir V wrote:
Struggling is part of the game. If it was easy they would just award prizes and not play the game.
OCCUPY NFF!!
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

Sir V wrote:
I don't.
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Because Oyinbos only pick the "best" for defense...WOWOlogic. SMDH
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

The YeyeMan wrote:
Sir V wrote:
I don't.
:agree:
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Ahidjo
Egg
Egg

Post by Ahidjo »

Were you at the training to know that other players were "definitely" better than Musa? If players are to be picked based on fan's perceived performance level, there would not be any need for training.
platini
Egg
Egg

Post by platini »

What time does the game start?
chendosplastic
Egg
Egg

Post by chendosplastic »

Sir V wrote:
you guys sabi pass the coach, i see, sabi shake pass kongi.
"The history book on the shelf is always repeating itself" - ABBA.
"Facts, Logic, truth is the way....stop ranting via emotions; seeing things through the prism of ethnicity is comfortable but ultimately a road to perdition." - airwolex.
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

Ahidjo wrote:
Were you at the training to know that other players were "definitely" better than Musa? If players are to be picked based on fan's perceived performance level, there would not be any need for training.
And was Ostia at the games of every Nigerian player to definitively conclude that only the "best" was chosen? :blink:

Fans' perception is the same - whether it supports a narrow partisan position or does not.
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

4-3-3 sounds so antiquated, shades of the mahogany boxed big screen TV with more back than Ki Toy Johnson.
Sir V
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sir V »

chendosplastic wrote:
Sir V wrote:
you guys sabi pass the coach, i see, sabi shake pass kongi.
Did you not see the inexperience SE 11 before the Match?
bully12
Egg
Egg

Post by bully12 »

Sir V wrote:
Boy are you prophet or what? You definitely hit it at the head. Bros with his selection I had the premonition.
bully12
Egg
Egg

Post by bully12 »

Gotti wrote:
The YeyeMan wrote:
Sir V wrote:
I don't.
:agree:
Do you agree now?