Cameron v Morocco....1-0

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Cameroon v Morocco....1-0

Post by Enugu II »

Kai, Cameroon lucky twice in a minute. Morocco miss two close opportunities.
Last edited by Enugu II on Sun Jun 25, 2017 3:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
zee
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Cameron v Morocco....1-0

Post by zee »

YUJAM wrote:Cameron is very organized structurally and defensively. That's clear.

They'll be trouble
They defense is plain wack in 2nd half.
They may even lose the match if they don't get their act together.
"Today we remember Nigeria and Africa football legend, Late Coach Stephen Okechukwu Keshi who passed on, on june 7th 2016. Thank you for the memories ‘The Big Boss.’ We can never forget you"............Kanu Nwankwo
YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by YUJAM »

Rogermilla wrote:
Odas wrote:Fellows, please I need help with this question. These AFCON qualifiers are for year 2019 and in that year, Cameroon is the HOST nation - right? If so, why is Cameroon playing the AFCON qualifiers?
Hayatou's last gift to Cameroon before leaving
:lol: :lol:

Serious but it is a new rule by CAF to involve host nations in the qualifications. Cameroon is already qualified, so only one team qualifies from this group.
Nothing new. This was the for the last ANC too
Ghana's First President Kwame Nkrumah said: "We face neither East nor West; we face Forward"
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Odas wrote:I just heard the commentator answer my question that CAF changed the rule this year to ensure the host nation prepares for the AFCON tournament. As a result, I am assuming if Cameroon heads the group, the second in the group qualifies instead.
Odas,

That is incorrect. The rule was in place at the last qualifiers as well with Gabon (host) participating in qualifiers. Forget what that commentator stated. The only difference this year is that all matches by Cameroon will be counted as part of the qualifiers unlike the last qualifiers when all Gabon's games in the group qualifiers were labeled friendlies. The idea is the same though i.e. help the host team prepare.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Bell
Egg
Egg

Post by Bell »

THANKS, spicyee

CAF should regulate uniforms deployed. TV viewers need a second to decide who' s who (makes for difficult watching) and I won't be surprised if the players are equally affected.
Bell
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Kits are too similar, not good for viewing on tv
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Cameroon's new boy, Andre-Franck Anguissa (#3) really bossed the midfield in the early going.
okidoki
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by okidoki »

I don't want to sound petty, but Cameroon is horrible. They need to play the way they used to, rugged but fluid. This is sleep inducing football. Actually afraid I'll fall asleep and miss the Nigerian game.
"Nigeria", Africas only true hope of bringing the World cup home to motherland.
okidoki
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by okidoki »

Cameroon keeper is good guys.
"Nigeria", Africas only true hope of bringing the World cup home to motherland.
zee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by zee »

Morocco deserves a goal..........damn.
"Today we remember Nigeria and Africa football legend, Late Coach Stephen Okechukwu Keshi who passed on, on june 7th 2016. Thank you for the memories ‘The Big Boss.’ We can never forget you"............Kanu Nwankwo
Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tbite »

I don't think the kits are compliant oh!

I have never seen such a thing before.
Buhari, whose two terms thankfully ground to a constitutional halt in May. (One thing both democracies have going for them is that their leaders, however bad, have only two terms to swing the wrecking ball.) Under Buhari, growth per head also plunged to 0. An economic agenda drawn from the dusty pages of a 1970s protectionist handbook failed to do the trick. Despite Buhari’s promise to tame terrorism and criminality, violence flourished. Despite his reputation for probity, corruption swirled. FT
Rogermilla
Egg
Egg

Post by Rogermilla »

YUJAM wrote:
Rogermilla wrote:
Odas wrote:Fellows, please I need help with this question. These AFCON qualifiers are for year 2019 and in that year, Cameroon is the HOST nation - right? If so, why is Cameroon playing the AFCON qualifiers?
Hayatou's last gift to Cameroon before leaving
:lol: :lol:

Serious but it is a new rule by CAF to involve host nations in the qualifications. Cameroon is already qualified, so only one team qualifies from this group.
Nothing new. This was the for the last ANC too
Oh okay thanks.
"History shows that this club has had very few strikers like him. I do not know if there has ever been anyone like him before. What I do know is that Barcelona should erect a statue for him. Samuel was a fundamental player here in recent years and was key to all of the titles that the team won."

Andres Iniesta, August 2009
YoungLion
Egg
Egg

Post by YoungLion »

okidoki wrote:I don't want to sound petty, but Cameroon is horrible. They need to play the way they used to, rugged but fluid. This is sleep inducing football. Actually afraid I'll fall asleep and miss the Nigerian game.
Abeg Nigeria isn't exactly Brazil or Argentina rofl
The indomitable Lions of Cameroon.
bamenda boy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bamenda boy »

Enugu II wrote:Cameroon's new boy, Andre-Franck Anguissa (#3) really bossed the midfield in the early going.
I was very impressed with him. He is one of the detectors of the last ANC. Plays for Marseille. Solid baller.
Now I understand why Broos has been fighting to get him on this team.
Only two things in life are certain - death and taxes. But there is one other unpleasant certainty: criticism. No one escapes it entirely and often our careers, our emotional stability, even our happiness depends on how we react to it."By Benjamin Franklin"
bamenda boy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bamenda boy »

I hear Oyongo is out for the rest of the year :shock:
Only two things in life are certain - death and taxes. But there is one other unpleasant certainty: criticism. No one escapes it entirely and often our careers, our emotional stability, even our happiness depends on how we react to it."By Benjamin Franklin"