MATCH THREAD: NIGERIA 0 - 2 SOUTH AFRICA - FT

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

bushboy
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: MATCH THREAD: NIGERIA 0 - 2 SOUTH AFRICA - FT

Post by bushboy »

^^^
My dear Rawlings, enjoy yourself. We deserve it. Yab away.
Bushboy's bushmen : 1.Isaac Success 2. Terem Moffi 3. Victor Boniface 4. Samuel Omorodion. 5. Samson Tijani. 6. Rafiu Durosinmi.
Who will be next?
mapet
Egg
Egg
Re: MATCH THREAD: NIGERIA 0 - 2 SOUTH AFRICA - 2nd Half

Post by mapet »

Spicyee wrote:
zee wrote:
Spicyee wrote:
zee wrote:
ohenhen1 wrote:We don't appreciate our own local coaches. I don't.think Rohr is better than some of our.local coaches.
Kpom..............imagine 1diots insulting heroes like Keshi :thumbs: :thumbs: and Amodu :thumbs: :thumbs:
What a hypocrite...you had no qualms denigrating Siasia... :shock:
Go and check the records...........I was Siasia's no 1 supporter, till we lost the Afcon qualis.
I turned on him when he didn't have the decency to leave.
Stop lying to yourself...the threads are still here. :lol:
What records? Zee?
zee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by zee »

akamoke wrote:I'm wondering when we will start holding the coach responsible
Cmon...............He is white :D and NATIVES don't blame massa :mrgreen:
"Today we remember Nigeria and Africa football legend, Late Coach Stephen Okechukwu Keshi who passed on, on june 7th 2016. Thank you for the memories ‘The Big Boss.’ We can never forget you"............Kanu Nwankwo
The Eagle
Egg
Egg

Post by The Eagle »

Eaglezbeak wrote:
The Eagle wrote:
Damunk wrote:
oloye wrote:Uyo stadium favors the Bafana bafana. Should we move to another stadium? :lol: :lol:
Since it seems we're allowed a little superstition, pls allow my own...
I'd say its not the stadium but definitely those freaking DARK GREEN JERSEYS!!!!!!!!!!!!! :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse:
A really superstitious person would wonder if Pinnick "traded" our Nations Cup qualification for his NFF job.

PS: I am not superstitious o!
How would that work? Did they pay the goal keeper?
:lol:

Can I ask you a friendly question? I know you are Nigerian, but have you actually lived in Nigeria? Not "visited", but "lived"?
The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects the wind to change; the realist adjusts his sails.
Don't believe anything until it has been officially denied.
If you are controversial, you will lose some votes. If you are courageous, you will lose the election.
Workman
Egg
Egg

Post by Workman »

1naija wrote:This is the worst day in Nigeria football.
No it's not. We have been mediocre for quite a while. The worst days happened when there were genuine expectations.
"Let us hear the conclusion of the matter, Fear God and keep his commandments: for this is the whole duty of man. "
Ecclesiastes 12:13

popular quote- "Every Good deed will not go unpunished"
zee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by zee »

The Eagle wrote:
greg wrote:
airwolex wrote:Well, if you are going to have a bad performance, probably best you have it in the first game and get it out of the way. We must win every other match now. We still need Mikel and VM. I'd like to have a look at that Onyekuru boy. Rohr messed up but should stay. I dey go drink beer joor. :D
:thumbs:
Yes leave Rohr. Mistakes are always expected. How you learn from them and improve next time is what counts.

If the manager's name was Adewale Emeka Katsina,
and we were dominated and beaten at home, losing to South Africa for the first time .... what sorts of threads/posts would litter the forum right now?

I am just asking a question, not making an accusation.
:thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:
Tell me about natives :lol: :lol: :lol:
"Today we remember Nigeria and Africa football legend, Late Coach Stephen Okechukwu Keshi who passed on, on june 7th 2016. Thank you for the memories ‘The Big Boss.’ We can never forget you"............Kanu Nwankwo
zee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by zee »

bushboy wrote:Kelechi is too slow to be our striker. I will say it again, Isaac Success is the only logical option to play #9 for the SE. Strong, fast, and skillful.
Just shutup ok......................folks with brains are discussing.
Otitokoro
Egg
Egg

Post by Otitokoro »

Sure, he is.
Keep deluding yourself.
bushboy wrote:Kelechi is too slow to be our striker. I will say it again, Isaac Success is the only logical option to play #9 for the SE. Strong, fast, and skillful.
nko
Egg
Egg

Post by nko »

Pathetic display form the team. SA should have scored up to 4 goals and we were spared further embarrassment.
Misplaced passes, no imagination, long balls, aimless running, and a very shaky GK. What has gone wrong with the mighty Super Eagles?
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.
Re: MATCH THREAD: NIGERIA 0 - 1 SOUTH AFRICA - 2nd Half

Post by Cellular »

The Eagle wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
anikulapo wrote:I like our coach but he has been tactically outgunned here so far

I frankly have never seen what people like in this coach.
Stop lying Chief O. You know exactly what people like about this coach. They like that he is .... not like the kettle or the pot.
:D :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
nko
Egg
Egg

Post by nko »

Pathetic display from the team. SA should have scored up to 4 goals and we were spared further embarrassment.
Misplaced passes, no imagination, long balls, aimless running, and a very shaky GK. What has gone wrong with the mighty Super Eagles?
zee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by zee »

Spicyee wrote:
zee wrote:
Spicyee wrote:
zee wrote:
ohenhen1 wrote:We don't appreciate our own local coaches. I don't.think Rohr is better than some of our.local coaches.
Kpom..............imagine 1diots insulting heroes like Keshi :thumbs: :thumbs: and Amodu :thumbs: :thumbs:
What a hypocrite...you had no qualms denigrating Siasia... :shock:
Go and check the records...........I was Siasia's no 1 supporter, till we lost the Afcon qualis.
I turned on him when he didn't have the decency to leave.
Stop lying to yourself...the threads are still here. :lol:

Coward I challenge you to present them...................bloody lying massa-worshipping coward :lol: :lol: :lol:
Spicyee
Egg
Egg

Post by Spicyee »

Cmoke wrote:The playing surface favor SA.

Plus Uyo people are too lazy to create a good intimidating atmosphere.

Just getting them to wear green or white shirts to watch SE play na waec!
oloye wrote:Uyo stadium favors the Bafana bafana. Should we move to another stadium? :lol: :lol:
Thats a lot of nonsense. :roll: Blame your low-IQ players and clueless coach!
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Cellular »

1naija wrote:This is the worst day in Nigeria football.
Unku, goomorin.

Na ya boy Mr. Pinnick you should be thanking. Afuta not kwaifying for two AFCON we are about to do a trifecta under his watch.

Up Pinnick! :thumbs: :thumbs:
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

zee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by zee »

nko wrote:Pathetic display form the team. SA should have scored up to 4 goals and we were spared further embarrassment.
A wowo coach :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Cellular »

Rawlings wrote:Reaction of some Naija players after the game
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Cellular »

zee wrote:
SylverEagles wrote:Gosh!! How we long for the days when Amodu and Keshi would qualify the Eagles for ANC with ease! Chei! :cry: :cry: :cry:
Especially, the great Amodu :thumbs: :thumbs: that will qualify as UNDEFEATED and ZERO conceded goals :shock: :shock: :shock: .
But then it is a free world where faceless, idiotic gasbags like daftbrother and Vancity clown have the right to spurt their buffoonery on CE.
:D
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

icee
Egg
Egg

Post by icee »

marutimon wrote:Issues:
Akpeyi - just not a good keeper. Did nothing to prevent any of the goals and was poor with defending the two that were scored.
Abdullahi - he's a decent player, but not at RB. Musa Muhammad, Ola Aina, Tyrone Ebuehi... not him
Awaziem - poor debut for him... unfortunately.
Echiejile - mediocre player
Onazi - he adds nothing offensively and he's no Mikel, until further notice Mikel is indispensible.
Etebo - I fail to understand his hype, he runs around a lot but creates nothing, Iwobi or Iheanacho should be playing there and Kelechi Nwakali needs to feature sooner than later
Simon - he can come on as a supersub, but he will never be a starter. Onyekuru or Musa would have probably been better
Iwobi - needs to play as the AM or not at all
Iheanacho - didn't have much to work off of, but he's once again proved he's not a target men - he's a second striker or a winger or an AM, not an out-and-out striker, that said he probably made Nigeria's best chances and should never have been subbed out

Ndidi and Ekong the only two players I wouldn't criticize.

Rohr - the subs were all wrong:
- they were way to late, possibly a midfield change should have occured at halftime, the final sub of Osimhen was way too late
- Etebo / Onazi needed to be pulled and some creativity added to midfield.
- Iheanacho should never have been pulled, instead he should have been retreated and a proper striker should have gone up front of him

POSITIVES:
Found only one: I loved Osimhen's brief cameo. He was great as a target man and managed to work off of scraps. This is a bona fide target man.

I agree with most of your comments. First, I hold Rohr accountable but will not sack him (first loss or so)

I hope..Awoazim, Simon and Musa have played themselves out of the team. I've said it many many times....Imoh ezekiel was far more cerebral than Etebo going by their respective showing at the U23. Imoh is also better than Simon (in my view). Other players that have been effective , more effective inlcudes Sone Aluko. Aluko just uses his brain and can take free kicks. Now even Simon...is better than Musa. We had loads of balls on the left, and simon, even though wasterful with the final ball, does control the ball at least . Musa's touch and control when he received balls on the left were not good at all. Didn't even put him in a position to attempt something.

Decision making was generally poor - IQ issue. You cannot have too many players without IQ. A ton of grara but low technically.

Abdul Ajagon - Is te guy Rohr needs in AM. I commented a few weeks back that Ajagun will be starting on my team and someone like Onazi may need to give way. Mikel to play deep with Ndidi.

Ndidi played too high - Per the above comment, a few things are now sorting out. Onazi will not take us to the next level. He is officially the weakest link. With Onazi occupying the base, Ndidi pushed too high to be as effective. Ndidi plays that DM role to the core at Lieceter. I'll start Mikel there though as Ndidi is notorious for not being alert enough to create passing lanes (with his positioning) out of the back. Ndidi and Etebo can support Mikel. A three man Mid of Mikel, Ndidi (or Etebo) and Abdul Ajagun will be preffered.

Defense - The only person in defence that was average, barely average was Ekong. He's obviously more effective when partnering with Balagon or Omerou.

Forward - The main problem with our attack is less with the player but more with the kind of attacker that thrives in the Nigerian system. Nigeria has always had either a big supporty striker (Ideya) or a big Striker (Yekini). I think Victor Oshimen paired with Kayonde or Nacho would have helped. Oshimen is bigger and his Cameo looked promising. He had the frame we've been missing.
Mr. Piffington
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Mr. Piffington »

Samora Machel wrote:I told you people south africa will beat Nigeria. Nigeria needs to stop this obsession with players who have made in Europe.

Clive Baxter said in a press conference that a team is not about who has more players in europe
. In my humble obsevervation these super athletes West africa teams now produce are killing your football. My favourite nigerian players who I rate highly okocha, amunike, kanu, babayaro etc these man mountains with calves the sizes of footballs are your undoing. They are too rigid and one dimensional. Sad because I genuinely believe africas genuine chance of ever winning the world cup is through nigeria, ghana or ivory coast

My two cents. Let the insults begin and telling me to shut up
I agree with you in a strange way.
This post was made by Appitti who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by bully12 who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by COOKING SPOON who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by danfo driver who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by muzines who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by ohenhen1 who is currently on your ignore list.
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Cellular »

The Eagle wrote:
greg wrote:
airwolex wrote:Well, if you are going to have a bad performance, probably best you have it in the first game and get it out of the way. We must win every other match now. We still need Mikel and VM. I'd like to have a look at that Onyekuru boy. Rohr messed up but should stay. I dey go drink beer joor. :D
:thumbs:
Yes leave Rohr. Mistakes are always expected. How you learn from them and improve next time is what counts.
If the manager's name was Adewale Emeka Katsina, and we were dominated and beaten at home, losing to South Africa for the first time .... what sorts of threads/posts would litter the forum right now?

I am just asking a question, not making an accusation.
Tribalism...
Corruption...
Nepotism...

Will be talked about. I dare say that no Naijarian born coach will dare lose to SA like this home or away. The lose is not the thing... but the display was woeful.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

Curve whiz
Egg
Egg

Post by Curve whiz »

Enyi wrote:
Curve whiz wrote:The loss is not even the problem, but the manner of it. It was obvious that the SA team will sit and play on the counter. Yet Rohr started with Iheanacho as sole striker and played with two DMs. Also we kept trying to play over the top of their defence, yet we have a fast Musa on the bench. Also there was no need for Simon, when he wasn't even covering for Echiejile, who was also poor.

So what was Rohr thinking during the game? I was expecting him to bring in Ogu for Simon, and to seal the midfield with three players so that we can push the team up the pitch to allow the strikers some time on the ball, but no. Etebo was hiding throughout the game and when he finally had a chance, he went for glory rather than centre for his teammates. Terrible coaching and we can forget Cameroon 2019 now and just focus on beating Cameroon at home next game.

an oxymoronic statement if i ever saw one.....ur unhappy cos he played 2 DM but u want him to bring on another one to make it 3 DM so we can then win the game....wow
Unfortunately my post is not for idiots. I am sorry my logic flew over your head. To start with what I wrote here I opined same on Twitter after just 30minutes.

To start with we were too slow with the ball. The gap between our players was too wide. We had only Onazi in the midfield as often times Ndidi and Etebo were practically occupying the same spot too far forward. So Onazi wasted time after time looking for who to pass to. Ended up passing to Awaziem or Ekong, who then wacks it trying to find Kelechi to no avail. We kept turning the ball over and the 1 1/2 in the midfield were struggling for control. We were not passing and moving, and no one was doing what Mikel does by shielding the ball and moving it from side to side to open passing lane. The forwards were just walking around behind the South Africans. Without control, having even 10 strikers upfront is of no use. So we were effectively playing 9 against a disciplined South African 11. So we needed a third midfielder to seal up the left bcos of the hole Echiejile was leaving behind in his half-hearted supporting forays upfront.

Having Ogu sit on the left & Ndidi on the right of Onazi, would have covered for Echiejile allowing him freedom to actually attack on the outside of a static Simon and cross the ball from the byline, whilst allowing us to have enough players to recover the ball quickly on a counter. (Cue the two goals scored and the one that hit the post in the second half).

So with 4 ineffective forward players already ahead of them, controlling the midfield was a better solution to secure a result at that point. It's about balance the way the game was shaping up. Once SA went one goal up, it became super dangerous for us to cope if and when we lose the ball ... and the second goal duly came that way.
Last edited by Curve whiz on Sat Jun 10, 2017 7:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

^'the loss'...where is the red pen of Kumasi?

As for Rohr, the knives cant be drawn so suddenly, give him a chance, after all he won the vogts and got the keys to 10 Downing. Give Berti a bit of slack lads.
marutimon
Egg
Egg

Post by marutimon »

1. Rohr's first loss. He's to blame, but his brought us this far, so lets not jump the boat.

2. Awaziem needs to be kept in the loop, but for the future. You don't start for Porto and get rave reviews for nothing.

3. Imoh Ezekiel - I think he's a great talent, but shouldn't have shipped himself out to Qatar. But I agree - he needs to stay in contention.

4. Players like Musa or Simon can be great supersubs.

5. Aluko and freekicks - great point. Etebo's freekicks were dreadful. Iwobi is such a great technician, maybe he should do them? But freekicks themselves is an argument for Aluko. Else I really hope Nwakali is groomed soon, because his freekicks are the best I've seen from a Nigerian since Kanu and Okocha.

6. Ajagun - I keep forgetting about this guy, because he's been criminally ignored for so long. That said his first season for Roda was passable. Think at this point its time to focus on Nwakali.