MATCH THREAD: NIGERIA 0 - 2 SOUTH AFRICA - FT

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Goldleaf
Egg
Egg
Re: MATCH THREAD: NIGERIA 0 - 2 SOUTH AFRICA - FT

Post by Goldleaf »

General Trousers wrote:
Very happy for South Africa. :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

I have always hated it when our folks in the NFF call them "our wife." Now, who is the husband and who is the wife? This is the 2nd time I have seen Tokelo Rantie singlehandedly rape and destroy our back 4. He must enjoy playing against us like crazy since he cannot get into the first team in Bournemouth FC.
Enyi
Egg
Egg

Post by Enyi »

is this not the 1st game that Rohr lost?
The stupid neither forgive nor forget- the smart forgive- but never forget" -Thomas Szasz.

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and consciencious stupidity."
-Martin Luther King- Jr.

“Our Audacity to rise from our losses is what makes Nigerian the number one footballing nation in Africa - Stephen Keshi RIP

Those who don't take decisions never make mistakes."..........
9jaMan
Egg
Egg
Re: MATCH THREAD: NIGERIA 0 - 2 SOUTH AFRICA - 2nd Half

Post by 9jaMan »

Enyi wrote:
zee wrote:
ohenhen1 wrote:We don't appreciate our own local coaches. I don't.think Rohr is better than some of our.local coaches.
Kpom..............imagine 1diots insulting heroes like Keshi :thumbs: :thumbs: and Amodu :thumbs: :thumbs:

LOL, the truth is Keshi, Siasia are tactically far better than Rohr but their ego and corrupted nature is and was their downfall.....local coaches mostly lack ambition.

how can you work so hard to qualify for the best place to showcase ur talent like a WC and you take the likes of Uchebo, Ameobi........

the team today was the best of what was available. if Mikel, ikeme and Moses played, we don't lose this game. i am glad they lost....it is a wake up call that is much needed

on hindsight maybe not Awaziem and we need Enyeama, cos Ikeme is too injure prone for a keeper and the back-ups are glorified ball boys

Shaaaarap, best available did not even make the bench, onyekuru could have at least created an assist, Moses Simon did nothing and disrupted the flow of the game, even ogu could have done better than Ndidi, Ndidi was not even in the match. Awaziem is another minus one so We played with 8 men
Last edited by 9jaMan on Sat Jun 10, 2017 7:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
oscar52
Egg
Egg
Re: MATCH THREAD: NIGERIA 0 - 1 SOUTH AFRICA - 2nd Half

Post by oscar52 »

airwolex wrote:Well SA deserved this. Professional performance in the first half then dominated in the second half.

Etebo - Needs to grow up
iwobi - Slow as a clay court
Keeper - Akpere
Echiejile - Old and washed up
Kelechi - Needs to grow up selfish
Abdulahi - Mediocre
Moses Simon - Should be juggling ball for coins on a beach somewhere
Onazi - He try small
Onazi like Echiejile is done!
marutimon
Egg
Egg

Post by marutimon »

Enyi wrote:the team today was the best of what was available. if Mikel, ikeme and Moses played, we don't lose this game. i am glad they lost....it is a wake up call that is much needed

on hindsight maybe not Awaziem and we need Enyeama, cos Ikeme is too injure prone for a keeper and the back-ups are glorified ball boys
No, it wasn't. Onyekuru for one. Kayode / Osimhen other options. Ebuehi or Musa Mohammed for RB.

As for GK - I feel Alampasu needs to be made the second choice GK now. His ceiling is way above that of Akpeyi.
Enyi
Egg
Egg

Post by Enyi »

did we actually think we were going to win every game till the next ANC final? come one guys

the measure of a man is not how u fall but what you do afterwards.....Ball is in Rohr's court....ALL EYES ON HIM.
The stupid neither forgive nor forget- the smart forgive- but never forget" -Thomas Szasz.

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and consciencious stupidity."
-Martin Luther King- Jr.

“Our Audacity to rise from our losses is what makes Nigerian the number one footballing nation in Africa - Stephen Keshi RIP

Those who don't take decisions never make mistakes."..........
fledy
Egg
Egg

Post by fledy »

Agree with Oga Oloye. Too many young inexperienced players running around the park today for SE.
South Africa had a better game plan. They pressed everytime we were on the ball. Once we were able to get into their final third they just compressed and forced us wide. Sad to see that SE seriuosly has poor crossers of the ball.
And when South Africa attacked it was with speed and precision. Our back four was too flat & were not connected.
Poor tactics by ROHR today. Looked like he just set the lineup & said "go play boys."
Also, we looked slow with our movement off the ball.
Can see why Iwobi lost his spot at Arsenal. He's got a long way to go.
I think ROHR is at a crossroads with SE. Our players lacked that intensive energy.
Anyway, let's keep cheering the boys.
F360
Egg
Egg

Post by F360 »

ohenhen1 wrote:We don't appreciate our own local coaches. I don't.think Rohr is better than some of our.local coaches.

Realest thing you ever wrote.

--------------------------------------------
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

I also think that this is our slowest set of attacking players I can ever remember. Kele, Simon and Iwobi are quite slow. I am actually stunned at how sluggish Iwobi is.
F360
Egg
Egg

Post by F360 »

uglyoneiamagain wrote:
Tbite wrote:Maybe I should become like one of those women who during the World Cup says "Oh is Nigerian playing, did they win"
:rotf:

please leave some space on that bench
Na so all my uncles for yankee dey do also! I will have to start becoming like that too because this nonsense is too much.

--------------------------------------------
achuzia-the-air-raid
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by achuzia-the-air-raid »

jette1 wrote:I have the answer to all these problems

BIAFRA
:lol: :P :lol: :P :lol: :P :P
Then they said to one another, “We are truly guilty concerning our brother, for we saw the anguish of his soul when he pleaded with us, and we would not hear; therefore this distress has come upon us.” Genesis 42:21

“A doubtful friend is worse than a certain enemy. Let a man be one thing or the other, and we then know how to meet him” (Aesop, 620–564 BC).
oscar52
Egg
Egg

Post by oscar52 »

smartbrother wrote:
airwolex wrote:Well SA deserved this. Professional performance in the first half then dominated in the second half.

Etebo - Needs to grow up
iwobi - Slow as a clay court
Keeper - Akpere
Echiejile - Old and washed up
Kelechi - Needs to grow up selfish
Abdulahi - Mediocre
Moses Simon - Should be juggling ball for coins on a beach somewhere
Onazi - He try small
worst player on the pitch was awaziem
not ready for this level
Agree. Rohr night not have eyes for talent.
Toxicarrow
Egg
Egg

Post by Toxicarrow »

General Trousers wrote:South Africa has a solid domestic league - It showed today!!!

<
Hmmm....the league is okay, not "as solid" as many will like to believe. Baxter's team is one of the most tactically sound in the league and the man is a workaholic coach. I was in SA when he was appointed and followed his preparation throughout my stay in the country. Baxter worked hard and prepared well for this match. From day one, the man had his eyes on a big victory in Nigeria from the day. The result today is an evidence of diligence and good background scouting.
Check out Sooting's website:
https://shootingstarssc.com/
Cmoke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cmoke »

The playing surface favor SA.

Plus Uyo people are too lazy to create a good intimidating atmosphere.

Just getting them to wear green or white shirts to watch SE play na waec!
oloye wrote:Uyo stadium favors the Bafana bafana. Should we move to another stadium? :lol: :lol:
zee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by zee »

Goldleaf wrote:Unimaginative
Poor
Sloppy
Cannot control the football
Disorganized
Slow
Second to the ball at all times
Panicky and unrelaxed
Fire on the mountain run, run
Low football IQ
Unfit to wear the GWG
Poor strategy based on hopeful, long balls
Cannot win competitive headers
First instinct is to pass back
Ball watchers
Static and no off the ball running

This is the poorest SE performance of all times.

Eddy Ogenyi Onazi SHOULD NOT BE IN THE SUPER EAGLES. He only puffs and puffs and gives the impression that he is a footballer but HE IS NOT!!!!!!!!!!!

We must NEVER assemble another 11 without JON OBI MIKEL, VICTOR MOSES and at least CARL IKEME or ENYEAMA.

This team today is a ragtag bunch that can never ever be said to be players of the SE. I hope Gernot Rohr has learnt his lesson. Alex Iwobi is not SE material. Kele is not an arrowhead. I am pleased for this performance and this outing because Gernot Rohr would have learnt that the names Rasheed Yekini, Daniel Amokachi, Segun Odegbami, Stephen Keshi, Muda Lawal, Nwankwo Kanu, JJ Okocha are the calibre that we are used to, not these guys.

Rohr, this is your YELLOW CARD!!!!! :boo: :boo: :boo: :boo: :boo:
I just highlighted where you were talking from your .........backside :mrgreen:. Go and sleep, you are just another 'football-know-nothing'. :lol: :lol:
"Today we remember Nigeria and Africa football legend, Late Coach Stephen Okechukwu Keshi who passed on, on june 7th 2016. Thank you for the memories ‘The Big Boss.’ We can never forget you"............Kanu Nwankwo
Curve whiz
Egg
Egg

Post by Curve whiz »

The loss is not even the problem, but the manner of it. It was obvious that the SA team will sit and play on the counter. Yet Rohr started with Iheanacho as sole striker and played with two DMs. Also we kept trying to play over the top of their defence, yet we have a fast Musa on the bench. Also there was no need for Simon, when he wasn't even covering for Echiejile, who was also poor.

So what was Rohr thinking during the game? I was expecting him to bring in Ogu for Simon, and to seal the midfield with three players so that we can push the team up the pitch to allow the strikers some time on the ball, but no. Etebo was hiding throughout the game and when he finally had a chance, he went for glory rather than centre for his teammates. Terrible coaching and we can forget Cameroon 2019 now and just focus on beating Cameroon at home next game.
zee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by zee »

The Eagle wrote:
Synopsis wrote:
The Eagle wrote:
Workman wrote:Only a few months ago, we were playing top notch football. How did things get bad so fast?
Were we playing top notch football .... or were our opponents weak?
Zambia and Algeria weak?
I am not talking about their names and historical records, I am talking about their performances on the day.

If name and historical record was what counted, we would have beaten South Africa today by at least 3 goals .... but we didn't, because we were poor.

Can you concede that there is a chance the Zambia and Algeria teams we played were poor?
Kpom.....................Zambia lost today at home to Mozambique :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
"Today we remember Nigeria and Africa football legend, Late Coach Stephen Okechukwu Keshi who passed on, on june 7th 2016. Thank you for the memories ‘The Big Boss.’ We can never forget you"............Kanu Nwankwo
Cmoke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cmoke »

I warned u guys after SE V Algeria that if Algeria had taken their early chances SE would have been royally fucced!

Cmoke
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

Losing to the Genocidal republic of South Africans at home is just not on!
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
oscar52
Egg
Egg

Post by oscar52 »

tunde72 wrote:This man will know naija now
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
greg
Egg
Egg

Post by greg »

airwolex wrote:Well, if you are going to have a bad performance, probably best you have it in the first game and get it out of the way. We must win every other match now. We still need Mikel and VM. I'd like to have a look at that Onyekuru boy. Rohr messed up but should stay. I dey go drink beer joor. :D
:thumbs:
Yes leave Rohr. Mistakes are always expected. How you learn from them and improve next time is what counts.
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

zee wrote:
The Eagle wrote:
Synopsis wrote:
The Eagle wrote:
Workman wrote:Only a few months ago, we were playing top notch football. How did things get bad so fast?
Were we playing top notch football .... or were our opponents weak?
Zambia and Algeria weak?
I am not talking about their names and historical records, I am talking about their performances on the day.

If name and historical record was what counted, we would have beaten South Africa today by at least 3 goals .... but we didn't, because we were poor.

Can you concede that there is a chance the Zambia and Algeria teams we played were poor?
Kpom.....................Zambia lost today at home to Mozambique :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
We are now comparing Nigeria to an aging Zambia!
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
General Trousers
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by General Trousers »