MATCH THREAD: NIGERIA 0 - 2 SOUTH AFRICA - FT

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Enyi
Egg
Egg
Re: MATCH THREAD: NIGERIA 0 - 2 SOUTH AFRICA - 2nd Half

Post by Enyi »

9jaMan wrote:
Enyi wrote:
zee wrote:
ohenhen1 wrote:We don't appreciate our own local coaches. I don't.think Rohr is better than some of our.local coaches.
Kpom..............imagine 1diots insulting heroes like Keshi :thumbs: :thumbs: and Amodu :thumbs: :thumbs:

LOL, the truth is Keshi, Siasia are tactically far better than Rohr but their ego and corrupted nature is and was their downfall.....local coaches mostly lack ambition.

how can you work so hard to qualify for the best place to showcase ur talent like a WC and you take the likes of Uchebo, Ameobi........

the team today was the best of what was available. if Mikel, ikeme and Moses played, we don't lose this game. i am glad they lost....it is a wake up call that is much needed

on hindsight maybe not Awaziem and we need Enyeama, cos Ikeme is too injure prone for a keeper and the back-ups are glorified ball boys

Shaaaarap, best available did not even make the bench, onyekuru could have at least created an assist, Moses Simon did nothing and disrupted the flow of the game, even ogu could have done better than Ndidi, Ndidi was not even in the match. Awaziem is another minus one so We played with 8 men
Onyekuru is that great based on what? his great showing against CORISCA? the boy may come good but for now he is yet to set any thing alight. Ogu has played several games and each time he was average at best. the only mistake was dropping Omeruo.....but then again everyone here thought Awaziem was the next Christian Chukwu.......before this game

btw he was poor against Corisca in case u were wondering
The stupid neither forgive nor forget- the smart forgive- but never forget" -Thomas Szasz.

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and consciencious stupidity."
-Martin Luther King- Jr.

“Our Audacity to rise from our losses is what makes Nigerian the number one footballing nation in Africa - Stephen Keshi RIP

Those who don't take decisions never make mistakes."..........
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: MATCH THREAD: NIGERIA 0 - 2 SOUTH AFRICA - FT

Post by Odas »

We lost? We lost the game by 2-0? What happened?
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Enyi
Egg
Egg

Post by Enyi »

General Trousers wrote:

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
The stupid neither forgive nor forget- the smart forgive- but never forget" -Thomas Szasz.

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and consciencious stupidity."
-Martin Luther King- Jr.

“Our Audacity to rise from our losses is what makes Nigerian the number one footballing nation in Africa - Stephen Keshi RIP

The Eagle
Egg
Egg

Post by The Eagle »

Damunk wrote:
oloye wrote:Uyo stadium favors the Bafana bafana. Should we move to another stadium? :lol: :lol:
Since it seems we're allowed a little superstition, pls allow my own...
I'd say its not the stadium but definitely those freaking DARK GREEN JERSEYS!!!!!!!!!!!!! :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse:
A really superstitious person would wonder if Pinnick "traded" our Nations Cup qualification for his NFF job.

PS: I am not superstitious o!
The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects the wind to change; the realist adjusts his sails.
Don't believe anything until it has been officially denied.
If you are controversial, you will lose some votes. If you are courageous, you will lose the election.
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

Cmoke wrote:The playing surface favor SA.

Plus Uyo people are too lazy to create a good intimidating atmosphere.

Just getting them to wear green or white shirts to watch SE play na waec!
oloye wrote:Uyo stadium favors the Bafana bafana. Should we move to another stadium? :lol: :lol:
And it does not favor our imported professionals? :lol: :lol: . Our football get as e be these days...everytime i see the team,they look too small and to inexperienced. Sometimes when i switch to watch ,i keep pinching muself to believe it is not the U20 team that is playing. In African football strength and experience counts...there is a physical edge to African football,one which we thrive upon and i see missing in our team these days. I am just not sold on our team even when they are winning.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

Please, today I'm Tibetan. I don't even know where Nigeria is
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
General Trousers
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by General Trousers »

<
zee
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: MATCH THREAD: NIGERIA 0 - 1 SOUTH AFRICA - 2nd Half

Post by zee »

Eaglezbeak wrote:
zee wrote:
The Eagle wrote:
Synopsis wrote:
The Eagle wrote:
Workman wrote:Only a few months ago, we were playing top notch football. How did things get bad so fast?
Were we playing top notch football .... or were our opponents weak?
Zambia and Algeria weak?
I am not talking about their names and historical records, I am talking about their performances on the day.

If name and historical record was what counted, we would have beaten South Africa today by at least 3 goals .... but we didn't, because we were poor.

Can you concede that there is a chance the Zambia and Algeria teams we played were poor?
Kpom.....................Zambia lost today at home to Mozambique :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
We are now comparing Nigeria to an aging Zambia!
I am with you and the Eagle against folks that claim that Zambia is a strong team..............just 'cos Rohr got a weak win against them.
"Today we remember Nigeria and Africa football legend, Late Coach Stephen Okechukwu Keshi who passed on, on june 7th 2016. Thank you for the memories ‘The Big Boss.’ We can never forget you"............Kanu Nwankwo
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

zee wrote:
Goldleaf wrote:Unimaginative
Poor
Sloppy
Cannot control the football
Disorganized
Slow
Second to the ball at all times
Panicky and unrelaxed
Fire on the mountain run, run
Low football IQ
Unfit to wear the GWG
Poor strategy based on hopeful, long balls
Cannot win competitive headers
First instinct is to pass back
Ball watchers
Static and no off the ball running

This is the poorest SE performance of all times.

Eddy Ogenyi Onazi SHOULD NOT BE IN THE SUPER EAGLES. He only puffs and puffs and gives the impression that he is a footballer but HE IS NOT!!!!!!!!!!!

We must NEVER assemble another 11 without JON OBI MIKEL, VICTOR MOSES and at least CARL IKEME or ENYEAMA.

This team today is a ragtag bunch that can never ever be said to be players of the SE. I hope Gernot Rohr has learnt his lesson. Alex Iwobi is not SE material. Kele is not an arrowhead. I am pleased for this performance and this outing because Gernot Rohr would have learnt that the names Rasheed Yekini, Daniel Amokachi, Segun Odegbami, Stephen Keshi, Muda Lawal, Nwankwo Kanu, JJ Okocha are the calibre that we are used to, not these guys.

Rohr, this is your YELLOW CARD!!!!! :boo: :boo: :boo: :boo: :boo:
I just highlighted where you were talking from your .........backside :mrgreen:. Go and sleep, you are just another 'football-know-nothing'. :lol: :lol:
In a way it is good we lost. Try telling people Kelechi is too inexperienced to be a LONE STRIKER and watch how you will you be insulted by many, many who don't think before they speak.
Last edited by Odas on Sat Jun 10, 2017 7:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
achuzia-the-air-raid
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by achuzia-the-air-raid »

Enyi wrote:
General Trousers wrote:

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Even the commentators were laughing.

APC has finished Nigeria or should I say Nigeria is finished :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Then they said to one another, “We are truly guilty concerning our brother, for we saw the anguish of his soul when he pleaded with us, and we would not hear; therefore this distress has come upon us.” Genesis 42:21

“A doubtful friend is worse than a certain enemy. Let a man be one thing or the other, and we then know how to meet him” (Aesop, 620–564 BC).
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

The Eagle wrote:
Damunk wrote:
Since it seems we're allowed a little superstition, pls allow my own...
I'd say its not the stadium but definitely those freaking DARK GREEN JERSEYS!!!!!!!!!!!!! :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse:
A really superstitious person would wonder if Pinnick "traded" our Nations Cup qualification for his NFF job.

PS: I am not superstitious o!
How would that work? Did they pay the goal keeper?
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
Enyi
Egg
Egg

Post by Enyi »

Curve whiz wrote:The loss is not even the problem, but the manner of it. It was obvious that the SA team will sit and play on the counter. Yet Rohr started with Iheanacho as sole striker and played with two DMs. Also we kept trying to play over the top of their defence, yet we have a fast Musa on the bench. Also there was no need for Simon, when he wasn't even covering for Echiejile, who was also poor.

So what was Rohr thinking during the game? I was expecting him to bring in Ogu for Simon, and to seal the midfield with three players so that we can push the team up the pitch to allow the strikers some time on the ball, but no. Etebo was hiding throughout the game and when he finally had a chance, he went for glory rather than centre for his teammates. Terrible coaching and we can forget Cameroon 2019 now and just focus on beating Cameroon at home next game.

an oxymoronic statement if i ever saw one.....ur unhappy cos he played 2 DM but u want him to bring on another one to make it 3 DM so we can then win the game....wow

-Martin Luther King- Jr.

akamoke

Post by akamoke »

I'm wondering when we will start holding the coach responsible
For my sceptical Nigerian Friends : Pessimism is great because you are either always right or pleasantly surprised.
mapet
Egg
Egg

Post by mapet »

Uyo stadium jinxes SE. Aside the useless friendly win over Ghana, I doubt if SE had a positive outcome in that jinxed stadium
Comrade Machel
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Comrade Machel »

I told you people south africa will beat Nigeria. Nigeria needs to stop this obsession with players who have made in Europe.

Clive Baxter said in a press conference that a team is not about who has more players in europe
. In my humble obsevervation these super athletes West africa teams now produce are killing your football. My favourite nigerian players who I rate highly okocha, amunike, kanu, babayaro etc these man mountains with calves the sizes of footballs are your undoing. They are too rigid and one dimensional. Sad because I genuinely believe africas genuine chance of ever winning the world cup is through nigeria, ghana or ivory coast

My two cents. Let the insults begin and telling me to shut up
Ratlala :thumbs: :D

https://youtu.be/8CZLsYase0Q
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

akamoke wrote:I'm wondering when we will start holding the coach responsible
I think the coach is responsible for this one. Who else would have been held?
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

Samora Machel wrote:I told you people south africa will beat Nigeria. Nigeria needs to stop this obsession with players who have made in Europe.

Clive Baxter said in a press conference that a team is not about who has more players in europe
. In my humble obsevervation these super athletes West africa teams now produce are killing your football. My favourite nigerian players who I rate highly okocha, amunike, kanu, babayaro etc these man mountains with calves the sizes of footballs are your undoing. They are too rigid and one dimensional. Sad because I genuinely believe africas genuine chance of ever winning the world cup is through nigeria, ghana or ivory coast

Funny enough, this is a very small team by Naija standards. We have left monster players to Senegal and Cameroon. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
scholl
Egg
Egg

Post by scholl »

Tbite wrote:Nigerian sports has never been this bad in my 25 years on this planet, never been this bad!

Athletics dead, football dead (yes dead, keep in mind the tournaments we have missed already, so don't give me that - it's just one game BS). Table Tennis alright, Basketball alright...but by and large sports is dead in Nigeria.

:curse: :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse:

I think the last reservoir of emotion, for Nigerian sports team, was lost after the first game of the 2010 WC. It was a gradual loss of sensitivity that began when Nigeria struggled at the World Athletic Championships in the early 2000's. It is no coincidence that the general intellect of the populace is far worse now.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Samora Machel wrote:I told you people south africa will beat Nigeria. Nigeria needs to stop this obsession with players who have made in Europe.

Yes! You did, Samora Machel. You said 2-1 to South Africa and I responded by saying it's good your opinion is only a "prediction." The result of the game is even worse.
The Eagle
Egg
Egg

Post by The Eagle »

greg wrote:
airwolex wrote:Well, if you are going to have a bad performance, probably best you have it in the first game and get it out of the way. We must win every other match now. We still need Mikel and VM. I'd like to have a look at that Onyekuru boy. Rohr messed up but should stay. I dey go drink beer joor. :D
:thumbs:
Yes leave Rohr. Mistakes are always expected. How you learn from them and improve next time is what counts.
If the manager's name was Adewale Emeka Katsina, and we were dominated and beaten at home, losing to South Africa for the first time .... what sorts of threads/posts would litter the forum right now?

I am just asking a question, not making an accusation.
The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects the wind to change; the realist adjusts his sails.
If you are controversial, you will lose some votes. If you are courageous, you will lose the election.
bushboy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bushboy »

Kelechi is too slow to be our striker. I will say it again, Isaac Success is the only logical option to play #9 for the SE. Strong, fast, and skillful.
Bushboy's bushmen : 1.Isaac Success 2. Terem Moffi 3. Victor Boniface 4. Samuel Omorodion. 5. Samson Tijani. 6. Rafiu Durosinmi.
Who will be next?
Rawlings
Egg
Egg

Post by Rawlings »

Reaction of some Naija players after the game
Last edited by Rawlings on Sat Jun 10, 2017 7:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Nwabali -- Aina, Bassey, TroostEkong, Sanusi --- Chukwueze, Aribo, Ndidi, Iwobi --- Osimhem, Sadiq Umar
The Eagle
Egg
Egg
Re: MATCH THREAD: NIGERIA 0 - 1 SOUTH AFRICA - 2nd Half

Post by The Eagle »

Eaglezbeak wrote:
zee wrote:
The Eagle wrote:
Synopsis wrote:
The Eagle wrote:
Workman wrote:Only a few months ago, we were playing top notch football. How did things get bad so fast?
Were we playing top notch football .... or were our opponents weak?
Zambia and Algeria weak?
I am not talking about their names and historical records, I am talking about their performances on the day.

If name and historical record was what counted, we would have beaten South Africa today by at least 3 goals .... but we didn't, because we were poor.

Can you concede that there is a chance the Zambia and Algeria teams we played were poor?
Kpom.....................Zambia lost today at home to Mozambique :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
We are now comparing Nigeria to an aging Zambia!
You are still not getting the point.