Cybereagles

The Undisputed Number One Home for All Super Eagles Fans
It is currently Wed Sep 26, 2018 11:53 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 749 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 7:58 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 08, 2004 5:32 pm
Posts: 28253
We lost, get over it. Do the same to them on their turf. Now the boys need to stop the ish about initiation song and dance and stay the hell focused. They act like they were at the last Nations cup

_________________
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 8:07 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 11:35 pm
Posts: 28349
Poor as we were, there's thankfully sufficient room to turn it around, even if one retains his reservations about the coach.

Team clearly lacked leadership both on-field and from the bench., But I would not press the panic button.

_________________
Image
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 8:09 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 11:35 pm
Posts: 28349
zee wrote:
akamoke wrote:
I'm wondering when we will start holding the coach responsible


Cmon...............He is white :D and NATIVES don't blame massa :mrgreen:


I think its time to finally move on from this tired rhetoric...

_________________
Image
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 8:18 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2003 9:33 pm
Posts: 7971
Why the hatred for Onazi? He was a warrior today and the best Super Eagle. If the much loved Ndidi and Etebo had stepped up their game, maybe we would not have lost. This should be the last time Akpeyi keeps goal for Nigeria. Enyeama needs to come back and if he is still doing yanga, he should feck off! My boy, Awaziem had a stinker and Omeruo should have started, that is on Rohr. He has finally lost his first game, so those who have been waiting for a year to say "I told you so", finally have their chance forgetting that their hero lost at home to a worse team, Congo.

_________________
I am happy


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 8:18 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Dec 01, 2013 10:13 am
Posts: 2584
txj wrote:
Poor as we were, there's thankfully sufficient room to turn it around, even if one retains his reservations about the coach.

Team clearly lacked leadership both on-field and from the bench., But I would not press the panic button.


Honestly think Mikel in midfield would have solved the entire midfield and leadership problem.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 8:18 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 10:30 pm
Posts: 40750
South Africa were the better coached side. Looked more coherent and had a strategy. We looked like, well we looked like a bunch of individuals who'd never met before.

Awaziem over his head. Onazi is no Mikel in ability or leadership. As a unit, we were too slow and too predictable. This one's on the coach.

_________________
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 8:18 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 12:25 am
Posts: 32721
Location: ßos✞on ✈️ Mo✞own ✈️ Lægos
mapet wrote:
Spicyee wrote:
zee wrote:
Spicyee wrote:
zee wrote:
ohenhen1 wrote:
We don't appreciate our own local coaches. I don't.think Rohr is better than some of our.local coaches.


Kpom..............imagine 1diots insulting heroes like Keshi :thumbs: :thumbs: and Amodu :thumbs: :thumbs:

What a hypocrite...you had no qualms denigrating Siasia... :shock:


Go and check the records...........I was Siasia's no 1 supporter, till we lost the Afcon qualis.
I turned on him when he didn't have the decency to leave.

Stop lying to yourself...the threads are still here. :lol:


What records? Zee?

The only records we have of zee are of him suckling unto Putin, Trump and my guy Klopp.

_________________
O-Qua Tangin Wann! "It's all laughs till he walks into an empty room with plastic on the floor." - Goodfellas

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 8:20 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Dec 01, 2013 10:13 am
Posts: 2584
Dammy wrote:
Why the hatred for Onazi? He was a warrior today and the best Super Eagle. If the much loved Ndidi and Etebo had stepped up their game, maybe we would not have lost. This should be the last time Akpeyi keeps goal for Nigeria. Enyeama needs to come back and if he is still doing yanga, he should feck off! My boy, Awaziem had a stinker and Omeruo should have started, that is on Rohr. He has finally lost his first game, so those who have been waiting for a year to say "I told you so", finally have their chance forgetting that their hero lost at home to a worse team, Congo.


The midfield as a whole had a stinker, because no one was creating anything. Who cares if they worked their a... off, if the frontline were not getting any service?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 8:32 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 12:25 am
Posts: 32721
Location: ßos✞on ✈️ Mo✞own ✈️ Lægos
platinum wrote:
South Africa were the better coached side. Looked more coherent and had a strategy. We looked like, well we looked like a bunch of individuals who'd never met before.

Awaziem over his head. Onazi is no Mikel in ability or leadership. As a unit, we were too slow and too predictable. This one's on the coach.

Leadership isn't about tenure. Personally I would make Ndidi the vice captain of the team deputizing for Mikel.

Like I too said, despite the fact that we were out coached, out played, out hustled, I think the major reason could be attributed to the fact that South African team has probably been together longer including playing the last couple of AFCONs and ours are just getting to play together. Of the starters, only Uwa and Onazi have played longer than a year??? You could see them panic when the south Africans scored and there was no leader to help steady the ship. Neither Musa nor Onazi stepped up to ginger the guys. South Africa had the better game plan and execution on the day. Doesn't mean they're the better team. Their game plan gave them the confidence to play well. Had the situation were reversed and Nigeria sat back while South Africa had to attack to try to break them down, the outcome could've been different. Sitting ban and hitting on the counter can make a team look deceptively better than they actually are. Not taking anything away from SA, just suggesting it's not all doom and gloom.

Anyways it's growing pains. I hope the coaches and FA don't panic even if the fans do. Stay the course. Organize many more scrimmage and pickup games. Have these guys work on their techniques. Shooting/striking the ball (dead ball or on motion), crossing, heading etc. Enuff with the five aside drills.

_________________
O-Qua Tangin Wann! "It's all laughs till he walks into an empty room with plastic on the floor." - Goodfellas

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 8:33 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 11, 2004 10:12 pm
Posts: 22466
txj wrote:
zee wrote:
akamoke wrote:
I'm wondering when we will start holding the coach responsible


Cmon...............He is white :D and NATIVES don't blame massa :mrgreen:


I think its time to finally move on from this tired rhetoric...


Ok.........................wowo :D

_________________
"Today we remember Nigeria and Africa football legend, Late Coach Stephen Okechukwu Keshi who passed on, on june 7th 2016. Thank you for the memories ‘The Big Boss.’ We can never forget you"............Kanu Nwankwo


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 8:53 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 11:56 pm
Posts: 10355
1) An NFF delegation should go to Vince, get on their knees, and beg him to come out of retirement. If Akpeyi is one of the best 3 GKs with a Nigerian passport, we are in big trouble. Akpeyi is about as secure as a prison with no doors.

2) Nigeria really need to become better at game management. In the second half the South African Zungu did a studs up, leg breaker, horror "tackle" on Echiejile. That sort of tackle normally = straight red. Yet the ref did not produce a red card. Other teams get away with murderous tackles against our players (e.g. Matuidi on Onazi) partly because when our players are fouled, their team-mates do not chase the referee, surround him to angrily demand a red card for the opposition player, our GK doesn't run 50 yards out of his goal to get in the faces of the referee and opposition, and our subs bench don't rise up in unison to wave imaginary red cards.

3) Ekong is carrying that back 4.

4) Iheanacho is not ready to be Nigeria's full-time CF. He has a touch of the RVP and Zlatan about him in that he is an excellent finisher with a hawk eye for goal. He also has a touch of the RVP and Zlatan about him in that he does not stretch opposition defences, lacks pace, and does very little when he is not scoring (except he does not have the excuse of being 35). Goal hanging poachers are an endangered species. He needs to become more multi-functional.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 9:15 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Dec 24, 2003 10:23 pm
Posts: 5250
Uyo is jinxed - we must stop playing any meaningful game in Uyo.
We need Mikel and Enyeama back - ASAP. We can beat South Africa away , 2 - 0. With Enyeama in goal, we can win on penalties.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 9:19 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 27, 2004 5:45 pm
Posts: 31022
Location: Your worst Nightmare
wiseone wrote:
1) An NFF delegation should go to Vince, get on their knees, and beg him to come out of retirement. If Akpeyi is one of the best 3 GKs with a Nigerian passport, we are in big trouble. Akpeyi is about as secure as a prison with no doors.

2) Nigeria really need to become better at game management. In the second half the South African Zungu did a studs up, leg breaker, horror "tackle" on Echiejile. That sort of tackle normally = straight red. Yet the ref did not produce a red card. Other teams get away with murderous tackles against our players (e.g. Matuidi on Onazi) partly because when our players are fouled, their team-mates do not chase the referee, surround him to angrily demand a red card for the opposition player, our GK doesn't run 50 yards out of his goal to get in the faces of the referee and opposition, and our subs bench don't rise up in unison to wave imaginary red cards.

3) Ekong is carrying that back 4.

4) Iheanacho is not ready to be Nigeria's full-time CF. He has a touch of the RVP and Zlatan about him in that he is an excellent finisher with a hawk eye for goal. He also has a touch of the RVP and Zlatan about him in that he does not stretch opposition defences, lacks pace, and does very little when he is not scoring (except he does not have the excuse of being 35). Goal hanging poachers are an endangered species. He needs to become more multi-functional.



Could not have said it better.

_________________
Nigerian T-shirts online!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 9:29 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 16, 2008 7:30 pm
Posts: 22018
theYemster wrote:
platinum wrote:
South Africa were the better coached side. Looked more coherent and had a strategy. We looked like, well we looked like a bunch of individuals who'd never met before.

Awaziem over his head. Onazi is no Mikel in ability or leadership. As a unit, we were too slow and too predictable. This one's on the coach.

Leadership isn't about tenure. Personally I would make Ndidi the vice captain of the team deputizing for Mikel.

Like I too said, despite the fact that we were out coached, out played, out hustled, I think the major reason could be attributed to the fact that South African team has probably been together longer including playing the last couple of AFCONs and ours are just getting to play together. Of the starters, only Uwa and Onazi have played longer than a year??? You could see them panic when the south Africans scored and there was no leader to help steady the ship. Neither Musa nor Onazi stepped up to ginger the guys. South Africa had the better game plan and execution on the day. Doesn't mean they're the better team. Their game plan gave them the confidence to play well. Had the situation were reversed and Nigeria sat back while South Africa had to attack to try to break them down, the outcome could've been different. Sitting ban and hitting on the counter can make a team look deceptively better than they actually are. Not taking anything away from SA, just suggesting it's not all doom and gloom.

Anyways it's growing pains. I hope the coaches and FA don't panic even if the fans do. Stay the course. Organize many more scrimmage and pickup games. Have these guys work on their techniques. Shooting/striking the ball (dead ball or on motion), crossing, heading etc. Enuff with the five aside drills.


Sorry chief majority of RSA team are newcomers. The only staple players are ones I highlighted the rest are new/newish


ItumelengBAFANA BAFANA XI
Itumeleng Khune, Ramahlwe Mphahlele, Tebogo Langerman, Erick Mathoho, Thulani Hlatshwayo (captain), Dean Furman, Bongani Zungu, Themba Zwane, Keagan Dolly, Sibusiso Vilakazi, Tokelo Rantie.

_________________
Gwara gwara at its finest
Salute comrade Ofentse Mwase

https://youtu.be/dEWwur2kTqM


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 9:46 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 11:59 pm
Posts: 17039
Location: Katmandu, Nepal
asabatex wrote:
Uyo is jinxed - we must stop playing any meaningful game in Uyo.
We need Mikel and Enyeama back - ASAP. We can beat South Africa away , 2 - 0. With Enyeama in goal, we can win on penalties.


You superstitious Nigerians. This is NOT the reason!

<

_________________
GT has a blog ~ http://nigerianplayers.blogspot.com/


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 10:17 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Nov 26, 2004 4:56 am
Posts: 6816
Location: TX
Dammy wrote:
Why the hatred for Onazi? He was a warrior today and the best Super Eagle. If the much loved Ndidi and Etebo had stepped up their game, maybe we would not have lost. This should be the last time Akpeyi keeps goal for Nigeria. Enyeama needs to come back and if he is still doing yanga, he should feck off! My boy, Awaziem had a stinker and Omeruo should have started, that is on Rohr. He has finally lost his first game, so those who have been waiting for a year to say "I told you so", finally have their chance forgetting that their hero lost at home to a worse team, Congo.



He should "feck off"?
Is that because Nigeria has a plethora of quality goalkeepers just awaiting the opportunity to take hold of the #1 jersey?
Ikeme and who else is out there?
My guy, better to let Vinny do his yanga and massage the ego, whatever is needed to make him come back and stand between the sticks. At least one will know that is a position that we don't need to fret about every time the team sheet is announced.

_________________
....................................................

--------------------------------------------


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 10:19 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2003 7:40 pm
Posts: 13227
marutimon wrote:
Dammy wrote:
Why the hatred for Onazi? He was a warrior today and the best Super Eagle. If the much loved Ndidi and Etebo had stepped up their game, maybe we would not have lost. This should be the last time Akpeyi keeps goal for Nigeria. Enyeama needs to come back and if he is still doing yanga, he should feck off! My boy, Awaziem had a stinker and Omeruo should have started, that is on Rohr. He has finally lost his first game, so those who have been waiting for a year to say "I told you so", finally have their chance forgetting that their hero lost at home to a worse team, Congo.


The midfield as a whole had a stinker, because no one was creating anything. Who cares if they worked their a... off, if the frontline were not getting any service?


Was it Onazi job to create when he was the furthest back ?

No both Ndidi and Etebo had stinkers. Onazi played very well. Only player to turn up today.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 10:20 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 24, 2003 1:27 pm
Posts: 29458
Location: Displaced Naija. Don't bother
:D

Oyinbo na oyinbo :lol: :lol: :lol:

Like say na local coach we would have been asking for his head by now.

Here we have a coach paid in time and humungous amounts by Nigerian standards and he has failed to deliver.

Mscheww!! :mad:

_________________
MAGA - Make Arsenal Great Again.

“Emery put on so many videos I ran out of popcorn,” former player Joaquín quipped, “he’s obsessed by football, it’s practically an illness.”

Post Wenger-Arsenal go sweero


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 10:21 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 12:25 am
Posts: 32721
Location: ßos✞on ✈️ Mo✞own ✈️ Lægos
Samora Machel wrote:
theYemster wrote:
platinum wrote:
South Africa were the better coached side. Looked more coherent and had a strategy. We looked like, well we looked like a bunch of individuals who'd never met before.

Awaziem over his head. Onazi is no Mikel in ability or leadership. As a unit, we were too slow and too predictable. This one's on the coach.

Leadership isn't about tenure. Personally I would make Ndidi the vice captain of the team deputizing for Mikel.

Like I too said, despite the fact that we were out coached, out played, out hustled, I think the major reason could be attributed to the fact that South African team has probably been together longer including playing the last couple of AFCONs and ours are just getting to play together. Of the starters, only Uwa and Onazi have played longer than a year??? You could see them panic when the south Africans scored and there was no leader to help steady the ship. Neither Musa nor Onazi stepped up to ginger the guys. South Africa had the better game plan and execution on the day. Doesn't mean they're the better team. Their game plan gave them the confidence to play well. Had the situation were reversed and Nigeria sat back while South Africa had to attack to try to break them down, the outcome could've been different. Sitting ban and hitting on the counter can make a team look deceptively better than they actually are. Not taking anything away from SA, just suggesting it's not all doom and gloom.

Anyways it's growing pains. I hope the coaches and FA don't panic even if the fans do. Stay the course. Organize many more scrimmage and pickup games. Have these guys work on their techniques. Shooting/striking the ball (dead ball or on motion), crossing, heading etc. Enuff with the five aside drills.


Sorry chief majority of RSA team are newcomers. The only staple players are ones I highlighted the rest are new/newish


ItumelengBAFANA BAFANA XI
Itumeleng Khune, Ramahlwe Mphahlele, Tebogo Langerman, Erick Mathoho, Thulani Hlatshwayo (captain), Dean Furman, Bongani Zungu, Themba Zwane, Keagan Dolly, Sibusiso Vilakazi, Tokelo Rantie.

Well what do you mean by staple cos I count five highlighted? That's still three more than Nigeria and one of the two Nigerians is a left back. Not exactly a pivotal position.

Besides it still doesn't take away from the point that the Nigeria team is relatively still a work in progress even if South Africa's is as well. Both aren't mutually exclusive.

_________________
O-Qua Tangin Wann! "It's all laughs till he walks into an empty room with plastic on the floor." - Goodfellas

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 10:26 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 12:25 am
Posts: 32721
Location: ßos✞on ✈️ Mo✞own ✈️ Lægos
wiseone wrote:
4) Iheanacho is not ready to be Nigeria's full-time CF. He has a touch of the RVP and Zlatan about him in that he is an excellent finisher with a hawk eye for goal. He also has a touch of the RVP and Zlatan about him in that he does not stretch opposition defences, lacks pace, and does very little when he is not scoring (except he does not have the excuse of being 35). Goal hanging poachers are an endangered species. He needs to become more multi-functional.

He's terrible with his back to goal and with his still shaky first touch that makes it even worse. Then add to that the fact that he's actually match rusty, yikes.

_________________
O-Qua Tangin Wann! "It's all laughs till he walks into an empty room with plastic on the floor." - Goodfellas

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 10:26 pm 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 5:59 pm
Posts: 44368
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.
cchinukw wrote:
:D

Oyinbo na oyinbo :lol: :lol: :lol:

Like say na local coach we would have been asking for his head by now.

Here we have a coach paid in time and humungous amounts by Nigerian standards and he has failed to deliver.

Mscheww!! :mad:


He is not being paid on time o.

He is not just making any fuss about it.


We got beat... the sliver lining is that it was an AFCON qualifier. Hope he learns and makes the necessary adjustments.

_________________
I pledge to Nigeria my country
To be faithful, loyal and honest
To serve Nigeria with all my strength
To defend her unity and uphold her honor and glory
So help me God.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 10:27 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Jan 05, 2004 2:51 pm
Posts: 12913
Location: South London
The Eagle wrote:
Eaglezbeak wrote:
zee wrote:
The Eagle wrote:
Synopsis wrote:
The Eagle wrote:
Workman wrote:
Only a few months ago, we were playing top notch football. How did things get bad so fast?


Were we playing top notch football .... or were our opponents weak?

Zambia and Algeria weak?


I am not talking about their names and historical records, I am talking about their performances on the day.

If name and historical record was what counted, we would have beaten South Africa today by at least 3 goals .... but we didn't, because we were poor.

Can you concede that there is a chance the Zambia and Algeria teams we played were poor?

Kpom.....................Zambia lost today at home to Mozambique :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

We are now comparing Nigeria to an aging Zambia!


You are still not getting the point.

Yes Nigeria beat Zambia but Zambia are so bad they even lost to Mozambique that much is clear!

_________________
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 10:33 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Dec 01, 2013 10:13 am
Posts: 2584
theYemster wrote:
He's terrible with his back to goal and with his still shaky first touch that makes it even worse. Then add to that the fact that he's actually match rusty, yikes.


People seem to forget he created Nigeria's best scoring opportunity which Etebo skied.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 749 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33  Next

All times are UTC + 1 hour


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], Its a Goal and 18 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group