HAS ROHR LOST THE PLOT ?

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet
HAS ROHR LOST THE PLOT ?

Post by vancity eagle »

I was a fan of this man but I am really starting to wonder. He has really began to make some very questionable moves.

First off I want to say that what was most apparent today was that our boys seemed very tired and lethargic as opposed to South Africa, especially in the second half, where they ran rings around us and we were lucky to not lose 4-0. The lack of will or fitness from our boys was shocking.

Only Ogenyi Onazi showed up to play today, and for all the negative reviews he is getting he covered LOTS of ground and was everywhere breaking up plays and beginning counter attacks. I dont understand what some people saw today but Onazi is the only one who was trying. Even on the second goal he was the only one hustling back to try and stop the breakaway while everyone else was half asleep.

Now to Rohr

1. The Awoziem gamble was a complete failure. He had a torrid time and was completely responsible for the first goal as he left Rantie completely unmarked. He was shaky all game long. Some people said that Rohr would not gamble on a new player in an important match. If you are to gamble would it not make more sense to gamble in an offensive position than at the heart of the defence. THE GAMBLE SHOULD HAVE BEEN ONYEKURU. and that brings us to his next piss poor decisions.

2. Onyekuru Belgian top scorer was not even on the bench, yet Simon starts and Musa on the bench. What does Rohr have against Onyekuru that he did not even initially call him up and now does not even place him on the bench. Are you telling me that he is worse than Musa and Simon ? I cannot believe it. Even Oshimen who did not play all season was ahead of the top scorer in Belgium. Something stinks.

3. Akpeyi - What on earth does Rohr see in this clown ? The guy should not even make a SE team, and that is even without both Enyeama and Ikeme. The guy is a complete basket case. What a joke. How can Rohr have this fool as our number 1. Is Rohr OK in the head ? No seriously.

4. Iheanacho can no longer be played as a lone striker. It doesn't work. In fact Iheanacho should not currently be starting period.

5. What does Rohr have against Ezekial Imoh ? He saw him once in camp and has never called him back since. Are you really telling me that Musa and Simon are better than Imoh. Not in a million years. Certainly Musa is not.

6. Rohrs later substitutions came way too late.

Now to some Cybereagles who think they know it all

1. Etebo is massively OVERHYPED. I said this along time ago and was abused. He was piss poor today as an attacking midfielder and offered nothing in terms of creativity, and didn't do much defending either. He is a utility squad player at this point.

2. If ever I see another clown on this forum say we can dispense with Mikel, I will give them the dirtiest cyber backhand. MIKEL IS OUR BEST PLAYER BY FAR. PERIOD. Every time we play without Mikel we look very very average, that is the sad truth. I dont care if he moves to play in the Indonesian second division, he will be the first name on the team sheet.

3. For all the abuse Moses Simon gets he was our best attacker today by far. Yes he needs to improve his crossing, but he is the only player who created any danger in the S African box. He is far far bettter than Ahmed Musa.

RATINGS

Akpeyi - 4 - clown of a goalkeeper, that is all I have to say
Shehu - 6 - started very well in the first half but quickly faded away
Troost - 6.5 - started very well in the first half but had a very hard time in the second, possibly because of Chidozie ?
Awaziem - 4 - Had a torrid time and was completely responsible for the first goal. Left his man completely unmarked in the box
Onazi - 7 - The only player who showed up to play today. Was all over the pitch cleaning up other's mistakes
Ndidi - 5 - Horrible game for him. Completely anonymous and gave the ball away quite a few times
Etebo -5 - Did not effect the match in either offence or defence. Poor game
Iwobi - 5.5 Bullied off the ball a few times, showed glimpses but flattered to deceive
Iheanacho - 5 - Piss poor game, poor touch, didn't look up to it
Simon - 6.5 Lively in attack and defended but needs to sort out his crossing. Only danger SE provided

Musa - 5 - Ran around to no avail as usual.

Oshimen and Kayode - Not enough time
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: HAS ROHR LOST THE PLOT ?

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

You complain about not starting Onyekuru ahead of Simon then you say Simon was the best attacker on the field. U don crase finish. :laugh:
Last edited by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA on Sat Jun 10, 2017 10:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
OCCUPY NFF!!
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

vancity eagle wrote:I was a fan of this man but I am really starting to wonder. He has really began to make some very questionable moves.

First off I want to say that what was most apparent today was that our boys seemed very tired and lethargic as opposed to South Africa, especially in the second half, where they ran rings around us and we were lucky to not lose 4-0. The lack of will or fitness from our boys was shocking.

Only Ogenyi Onazi showed up to play today, and for all the negative reviews he is getting he covered LOTS of ground and was everywhere breaking up plays and beginning counter attacks. I dont understand what some people saw today but Onazi is the only one who was trying. Even on the second goal he was the only one hustling back to try and stop the breakaway while everyone else was half asleep.

Now to Rohr

1. The Awoziem gamble was a complete failure. He had a torrid time and was completely responsible for the first goal as he left Rantie completely unmarked. He was shaky all game long. Some people said that Rohr would not gamble on a new player in an important match. If you are to gamble would it not make more sense to gamble in an offensive position than at the heart of the defence. THE GAMBLE SHOULD HAVE BEEN ONYEKURU. and that brings us to his next piss poor decisions.

2. Onyekuru Belgian top scorer was not even on the bench, yet Simon starts and Musa on the bench. What does Rohr have against Onyekuru that he did not even initially call him up and now does not even place him on the bench. Are you telling me that he is worse than Musa and Simon ? I cannot believe it. Even Oshimen who did not play all season was ahead of the top scorer in Belgium. Something stinks.

3. Akpeyi - What on earth does Rohr see in this clown ? The guy should not even make a SE team, and that is even without both Enyeama and Ikeme. The guy is a complete basket case. What a joke. How can Rohr have this fool as our number 1. Is Rohr OK in the head ? No seriously.

4. Iheanacho can no longer be played as a lone striker. It doesn't work. In fact Iheanacho should not currently be starting period.

5. What does Rohr have against Ezekial Imoh ? He saw him once in camp and has never called him back since. Are you really telling me that Musa and Simon are better than Imoh. Not in a million years. Certainly Musa is not.

1. Etebo is massively OVERHYPED. I said this along time ago and was abused. He was piss poor today as an attacking midfielder and offered nothing in terms of creativity, and didn't do much defending either. He is a utility squad player at this point.

2. If ever I see another clown on this forum say we can dispense with Mikel, I will give them the dirtiest cyber backhand. MIKEL IS OUR BEST PLAYER BY FAR. PERIOD. Every time we play without Mikel we look very very average, that is the sad truth. I dont care if he moves to play in the Indonesian second division, he will be the first name on the team sheet.

3. For all the abuse Moses Simon gets he was our best attacker today by far. Yes he needs to improve his crossing, but he is the only player who created any danger in the S African box. He is far far bettter than Ahmed Musa.

RATINGS

Troost - 6.5 - started very well in the first half but had a very hard time in the second, possibly because of Chidozie ?
Awaziem - 4 - Had a torrid time and was completely responsible for the first goal. Left his man completely unmarked in the box
Onazi - 7 - The only player who showed up to play today. Was all over the pitch cleaning up other's mistakes
Ndidi - 5 - Horrible game for him. Completely anonymous and gave the ball away quite a few times
Iwobi - 5.5 Bullied off the ball a few times, showed glimpses but flattered to deceive
Simon - 6.5 Lively in attack and defended but needs to sort out his crossing. Only danger SE provided

Thank you VE on Onazi, i was thinking I watched the wrong match. Onazi was by far Nigeria's best player on display today. Rohr made a huge mistake starting the inexperienced Awaziem ahead of Omeruo and he was responsible for leaving Rantie free to head in SA's first goal. Etebo flattered to decieve and I have always had my doubts about Troost Ekong. It seems Balogun makes him look good.The cheap manner he was dribbled inside the box for the SA shot that hit the post is worrying. When I posted that Ndidi should sit on the bench CEs attacked me quoting his Leicester form, Rohr had an effective midfield partnership of Onazi and Etebo in the game against Algeria and he should have stuck to them. Trying to accomodate all the "big" names will only unbalance the team. Iwobi should have played the Mikel role and Musa started the match. We need Enyeama, Moses, Mikel and Balogun back in the team, they make a difference.
I am happy
Ahidjo
Egg
Egg

Post by Ahidjo »

vancity eagle wrote:I was a fan of this man but I am really starting to wonder. He has really began to make some very questionable moves.

Now to Rohr

RATINGS

I don't think that the plot is lost yet. Something tells me that if the game lasted 4 hours, the margin could have increased. The introduction of Kayode and Osimen actually changed something about our attack. They hustled and troubled the Bafana defence the little time the were in. Had they started, maybe a different scoreline would have been possible. Having said these, I think that the South Africans completely outplayed SE. I can not single out anybody on the Nigerian side that recorded a passmark, not even Onazi, who despite his hustles, lacks the required technical ability to do special stuff in the middle. We were lazy, labored to move the ball quickly and lacked the techniques to do the simple things(Onazi and Etebo kept on overshooting the ball). The South Africans were faster, more skillful, more technical, physical and transitioned very well. Each time they got the ball in attacking positions, they almost scored. Nigeria in ages has not had the kind of ball jugglers we see in most other African countries. I do not know ehy. For us to have any chance of qualifying for the world cup, focus must be shifted to smart, strong and physical (Iwobi, Kelechi and Simon Moses are not physical enough to play real African football), technical and highly physical players. Parading overly short players on the pitch has never helped us. Good a thing this happened now so we have time to plan for Cameroon and the rest of the qualifiers. Mikel, Victor Moses, Ikeme, Victor Anichebe, Benzee are some of the experienced players we should be looking up to now for salvation. We cannot afford to miss the 3rd straight AFCON.
Ahidjo
Egg
Egg

Post by Ahidjo »

Dammy wrote:

Now to Rohr

RATINGS

Thank you VE on Onazi, i was thinking I watched the wrong match. Onazi was by far Nigeria's best player on display today. Rohr made a huge mistake starting the inexperienced Awaziem ahead of Omeruo and he was responsible for leaving Rantie free to head in SA's first goal. Etebo flattered to decieve and I have always had my doubts about Troost Ekong. It seems Balogun makes him look good.The cheap manner he was dribbled inside the box for the SA shot that hit the post is worrying. When I posted that Ndidi should sit on the bench CEs attacked me quoting his Leicester form, Rohr had an effective midfield partnership of Onazi and Etebo in the game against Algeria and he should have stuck to them. Trying to accomodate all the "big" names will only unbalance the team. Iwobi should have played the Mikel role and Musa started the match. We need Enyeama, Moses, Mikel and Balogun back in the team, they make a difference.
I don't agree with Onazi's assessment. He lacked the technique to be a dependable midfielder for SE despite his work rate. He actually tired out towards the end of the game.
OJI
Egg
Egg

Post by OJI »

The fundamental problem is Rohr needs to accommodate players who in reality should NOT be on the field at the same time. His handicap is a need to play them, with bad game management to introduce effective, and timely substitutions.

Some of his constraints.

Two guaranteed starters.
When Victor Moses comes back, one wing position would have been taken.
When Mikel Obi comes back, one midfield position would be taken.

That leaves juggling personnel for the other positions.
Some tough decisions have to be made. No losses going forward.

The other wing position has to be either Musa/Kelechi (or who ever he fancies at the moment). Either Kelechi supports or comes off the bench. He MUST NOT be the arrowhead. If Rohr doesn't see Kelechi as winger or supporting stiker, Kelechi must come off the bench if the situation warrants it.

He has to start natural target men e.g. Victor/Kayode, etc.

Iwobi does not or is NOT inclined to track back when playing on the wings. Ditto with Kelechi (and that's partially why he has him upfront, with no defensive responsibilities. Sure he has great eye for the goal but his attributes when he doesn't have the ball leave much to be desired). Decision: come off the bench as the situation demands. Iwobi is not a starter material.
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

OJI wrote:The fundamental problem is Rohr needs to accommodate players who in reality should NOT be on the field at the same time. His handicap is a need to play them, with bad game management to introduce effective, and timely substitutions.

Some of his constraints.

Two guaranteed starters.
When Victor Moses comes back, one wing position would have been taken.
When Mikel Obi comes back, one midfield position would be taken.

That leaves juggling personnel for the other positions.
Some tough decisions have to be made. No losses going forward.

The other wing position has to be either Musa/Kelechi (or who ever he fancies at the moment). Either Kelechi supports or comes off the bench. He MUST NOT be the arrowhead. If Rohr doesn't see Kelechi as winger or supporting stiker, Kelechi must come off the bench if the situation warrants it.

He has to start natural target men e.g. Victor/Kayode, etc.

Iwobi does not or is NOT inclined to track back when playing on the wings. Ditto with Kelechi (and that's partially why he has him upfront, with no defensive responsibilities. Sure he has great eye for the goal but his attributes when he doesn't have the ball leave much to be desired). Decision: come off the bench as the situation demands. Iwobi is not a starter material.
KPOM :clap: You nailed it.
I am happy
TheHitman47
Egg
Egg

Post by TheHitman47 »

It's too early to say that Rohr has lost the plot. I think one person stated it here well that the problem is properly managing the talent available rather than lack of talent. Also the problem is playing them in their right positions to influence. Building a solid starting XI needs to cover what we have.

Also it doesn't help that our best players were injured or unavailable. Balogun is our best centerback and injured, Mikel recovering from surgery, Moses injured, and Ikeme injured while Enyeama unwilling to rejoin the team because of his clash with Oliseh.

Things will get right but now isn't a time to sack the manager. We sack him now we will fail, I can guarantee that.
amafolas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by amafolas »

Ahidjo wrote:

Now to Rohr

RATINGS

I don't think that the plot is lost yet. Something tells me that if the game lasted 4 hours, the margin could have increased. The introduction of Kayode and Osimen actually changed something about our attack. They hustled and troubled the Bafana defence the little time the were in. Had they started, maybe a different scoreline would have been possible. Having said these, I think that the South Africans completely outplayed SE. I can not single out anybody on the Nigerian side that recorded a passmark, not even Onazi, who despite his hustles, lacks the required technical ability to do special stuff in the middle. We were lazy, labored to move the ball quickly and lacked the techniques to do the simple things(Onazi and Etebo kept on overshooting the ball). The South Africans were faster, more skillful, more technical, physical and transitioned very well. Each time they got the ball in attacking positions, they almost scored. Nigeria in ages has not had the kind of ball jugglers we see in most other African countries. I do not know ehy. For us to have any chance of qualifying for the world cup, focus must be shifted to smart, strong and physical (Iwobi, Kelechi and Simon Moses are not physical enough to play real African football), technical and highly physical players. Parading overly short players on the pitch has never helped us. Good a thing this happened now so we have time to plan for Cameroon and the rest of the qualifiers. Mikel, Victor Moses, Ikeme, Victor Anichebe, Benzee are some of the experienced players we should be looking up to now for salvation. We cannot afford to miss the 3rd straight AFCON.
Kayode and Oshimhen wont have made a difference. They would have done the same as others. I.e. ran themselves around aimlessly in the first half and tired out by second half. The second thing Rohr needs to learn is the Nigerian style. We play intermittently explosive football, not continuous high press. We are sprinters, not long distance runners.
"We will go through the gate. If the gate is closed, we will go over the fence. If the fence is too high, we will pole vault in. If that doesn’t work, we will parachute in. But we are going to get health-care reform passed"
Nancy Pelosi, 01/28/2010 after Scott Brown got elected to Ted Kennedy's senate seat.
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

...na wah for this Vancity guy. Just say it your oyinbo screwed up, period. Next :arrow:
Idika
Egg
Egg

Post by Idika »

TheHitman47 wrote:It's too early to say that Rohr has lost the plot. I think one person stated it here well that the problem is properly managing the talent available rather than lack of talent. Also the problem is playing them in their right positions to influence. Building a solid starting XI needs to cover what we have.

Also it doesn't help that our best players were injured or unavailable. Balogun is our best centerback and injured, Mikel recovering from surgery, Moses injured, and Ikeme injured while Enyeama unwilling to rejoin the team because of his clash with Oliseh.

Things will get right but now isn't a time to sack the manager. We sack him now we will fail, I can guarantee that.
For me, it is not too early to say that Rohr has lost the plot. The earlier the better. Losing a crucial game at home says a lot about the coach of a team. If we do have talents has some of us agreed, why was it difficult for Gernot Rohr to put them together. Late Keshi and Amodu would have performed wonders with the same set of players.
Rawlings
Egg
Egg

Post by Rawlings »

CE should also take some blame for making noise about players who were obviously Lesotho-level
Nwabali -- Aina, Bassey, TroostEkong, Sanusi --- Chukwueze, Aribo, Ndidi, Iwobi --- Osimhem, Sadiq Umar
mojojojo
Egg
Egg

Post by mojojojo »

Now to Rohr

RATINGS

I stopped watching after 80 minutes but if I recall Musa was the only striker to get a shot on target and test the keeper.
papilo
Egg
Egg

Post by papilo »

Now to Rohr

RATINGS

I agree with many things you have said but I disagree with some.

Mikel is our best player without a doubt.
yes o
papilo
Egg
Egg

Post by papilo »

Now to Rohr

RATINGS

Mikel is our best player without a doubt. Iheanacho is not a lone striker. Etebo is overrated. Akpeyi is a clown. That being said, I don't think Onyekuru would have made a difference yesterday. We needed experience yesterday and we simply did not have it. Onazi covered a lot of ground...true but his use of the ball was horrible. His leadership qualities are also questionable. He should be in the squad definitely but should not be a regular.
yes o
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Rawlings wrote:CE should also take some blame for making noise about players who were obviously Lesotho-level
:agree: :agree: :agree: :agree: Worst still, we (the fans) never learns. Everybody comes here to the forum to boost his choice of playerand why such must be played and at the end, they (the player(s)) is/are worthless
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
bully12
Egg
Egg

Post by bully12 »

papilo wrote:

Now to Rohr

RATINGS

Mikel is our best player without a doubt. Iheanacho is not a lone striker. Etebo is overrated. Akpeyi is a clown. That being said, I don't think Onyekuru would have made a difference yesterday. We needed experience yesterday and we simply did not have it. Onazi covered a lot of ground...true but his use of the ball was horrible. His leadership qualities are also questionable. He should be in the squad definitely but should not be a regular.
Why do you think Onyekuru could not have made a difference. Those 25 goals he scored playing for mediocre team were not scored serendipitously. I know for sure he could not have done worse than over hyped Kelechi or aimless dribbler Simon Moses and headless chicken Musa. Listen Ezekiel Imoh needs to be recalled to team .