Rohr Offers Excuses for loss...

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

jb
Egg
Egg
Re: Rohr Offers Excuses for loss...

Post by jb »

bully12 wrote:It's all Rohr's fault . Where did he think the goals will come from when he was fielding Kelechi who was rarely playing for his team. This same as Iwobi who is a peripheral player with his club. On the substitute bench he has Musa and Osimhen who have done practically nothing all season. Then he fields Etebo who only runs without control. Simon Moses who aimlessly dribbles without results. Rohr needs to reinforce the team with Kelechi Nwakali surely he possesses far football sense than Etebo and he plays regularly with his even though it is a second division club. Ezekiel Imoh must be recalled . He is far better than Kelechi , Iwobi, Moses Simon, and definitely miles ahead of Musa .
Onyekuru must be included into the team he is the only inspirational and electrifying player we have right now. His exclusion is an aberration of the highest order . There is no iota of justification for it.
Honestly I have this trepidation that Rohr will destroy Super eagles like his brother Betis did few years ago. Obviously Germany's style of coaching doesn't seem to fit Nigerian styles of playing.
Why you no talk all this one after the Togo game?
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

This is increasingly looking like another AFCON miss. When we meet Libya we will fumble and stumble and it will all go pear shape again.
2 of the finest indigenous coaches Nigeria ever had lost in a space of 4 days. Dear Lord, is this a sign that you are taking away from us what we failed to appreciate? I pray for forgiveness of our sins. I pray for the humility to recognize our wrongs and the humbleness and wisdom to right our ways.

REST IN PEACE COACH STEPHEN KESHI!!! REST IN PEACE COACH AMODU SHAIBU!!!
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

I am a fan of Rohr but this loss is all on him and I hope he has learnt his lesson. With both Ikeme and Balogun missing, he should have started Omeruo instead of the inexperienced Awaziem. In our game against Algeria, Onazi and Etebo combined very well in DM, why change it and bring in Ndidi? I know Ndidi is the flavour of the month, but I have argued on this forum that he does not have the lungs of Onazi and Etebo and cannot be as effective as the duo. IMO, Iwobi should have played the Mikel role as hecan open up a defence with a pass as we have seen him in the EPL and Ndidi should have dropped to the bench with Musa starting. Trying to play all these players at the same time unbalances the team. Shehu is not a RB and the search continues. Akpeyi has played his last match for the SE and his inability to take one for the team on the 2nd SA goal says it all. Echiejile's experience counted for nothing and he was the main culprit for the first SA goal even though fingers are pointing at Awaziem. Echiejile was involved in a tackle in the centre of defence and took his time getting up leaving the LB position free. Awaziem tried to cover for him and left his man, Rantie, unmarked resulting in the goal. The likes of Kayode and Osimhen gives me hope for the future as they stretched the SA defence in a way Iheanacho could not but Rohr should have brought them on earlier.
I hope Rohr learns from this and he desrves all the condemnation coming his way.
I am happy
TheHitman47
Egg
Egg

Post by TheHitman47 »

bully12 wrote:It's all Rohr's fault . Where did he think the goals will come from when he was fielding Kelechi who was rarely playing for his team. This same as Iwobi who is a peripheral player with his club. On the substitute bench he has Musa and Osimhen who have done practically nothing all season. Then he fields Etebo who only runs without control. Simon Moses who aimlessly dribbles without results. Rohr needs to reinforce the team with Kelechi Nwakali surely he possesses far football sense than Etebo and he plays regularly with his even though it is a second division club. Ezekiel Imoh must be recalled . He is far better than Kelechi , Iwobi, Moses Simon, and definitely miles ahead of Musa .
Onyekuru must be included into the team he is the only inspirational and electrifying player we have right now. His exclusion is an aberration of the highest order . There is no iota of justification for it.
Honestly I have this trepidation that Rohr will destroy Super eagles like his brother Betis did few years ago. Obviously Germany's style of coaching doesn't seem to fit Nigerian styles of playing.

How is Imoh Ezekiel a better player? Because he plays more? The fact is that Kelechi has more end product than the guy for both club and country and while he may not be best center forward he is probably the best forward in our team. Heck, Nacho scored in the past 3 games for the team.

There are problems but these things take time.
goldenera94
Egg
Egg

Post by goldenera94 »

Agree

vancity eagle wrote:
9jaMan wrote:
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:
9jaMan wrote:Fire this daft Rohr
Should we also fire the next guy once he looses or u have somebody you want to bring back?
It's not about the result, it's the way he confidently selected proven junks and his excuse is his players got tired after playing well. We need a coach to select the best players , and the best players are obvious for us to see,
Rohr has come by far the closest to choosing the best players of all our recent coaches. He has made one or two strange decisions but is still far better than either of SSS, Oliseh , or Keshi in terms of choosing best players.
Goldenera94