Cameron v Morocco....1-0

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet
Cameron v Morocco....1-0

Post by Enugu II »

I am watching this and the commentator is very annoying with his guess on an injury sustained by A Cameroon player. The guy clearly has his knee wrapped up and the commentator calling it a muscle injury after guessing that there was no major injury. Rubbish. The likely thing here is there is some injury to the ligament.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
zee
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Cameron v Morocco....1-0

Post by zee »

Empty stadium :o :o
"Today we remember Nigeria and Africa football legend, Late Coach Stephen Okechukwu Keshi who passed on, on june 7th 2016. Thank you for the memories ‘The Big Boss.’ We can never forget you"............Kanu Nwankwo
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

zee wrote:Empty stadium :o :o
Same scenario in Cameroon's last home game v Zambia. I understand it has something to do with the current political situation in the country but I cannot say for sure.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Cameroon will be tough but the good thing is they must attack us and that will leave them exposed.
walesvilla
Egg
Egg

Post by walesvilla »

pitch looks good ..abi na plastic?
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

zee wrote:Empty stadium :o :o
Not only empty stadium, but the quality of the game is low, to me. Maybe it's me who is wrong.
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Two substitutions, one for each team, before halftime.
Spicyee
Egg
Egg

Post by Spicyee »

I got put off by the two sides using the same colors. Morocco should be wearing something different!
zee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by zee »

Morocco just made a change in the 37th min, but the player looks ok.
"Today we remember Nigeria and Africa football legend, Late Coach Stephen Okechukwu Keshi who passed on, on june 7th 2016. Thank you for the memories ‘The Big Boss.’ We can never forget you"............Kanu Nwankwo
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

By the way, just when I was going to say what "kind of game" is this, Cameroon scored their goal. However, the game is still not what I had expected - quality wise.
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
zee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by zee »

Mozambique just scored a 89th min goal to lead 1-0 in .................Zambia :shock:
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

zee wrote:Mozambique just scored a 89th min goal to lead 1-0 in .................Zambia :shock:
Meaning Zambia is about to lose at home? Hmm, wow!
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Fellows, please I need help with this question. These AFCON qualifiers are for year 2019 and in that year, Cameroon is the HOST nation - right? If so, why is Cameroon playing the AFCON qualifiers?
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Poor goal to concede by Morocco; Aboubacar simply out-muscled the defender on a punt from deep...
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by YUJAM »

Cameron is very organized structurally and defensively. That's clear.

They'll be trouble
Ghana's First President Kwame Nkrumah said: "We face neither East nor West; we face Forward"
Rogermilla
Egg
Egg

Post by Rogermilla »

Odas wrote:Fellows, please I need help with this question. These AFCON qualifiers are for year 2019 and in that year, Cameroon is the HOST nation - right? If so, why is Cameroon playing the AFCON qualifiers?
Hayatou's last gift to Cameroon before leaving
:lol: :lol:

Serious but it is a new rule by CAF to involve host nations in the qualifications. Cameroon is already qualified, so only one team qualifies from this group.
"History shows that this club has had very few strikers like him. I do not know if there has ever been anyone like him before. What I do know is that Barcelona should erect a statue for him. Samuel was a fundamental player here in recent years and was key to all of the titles that the team won."

Andres Iniesta, August 2009
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

I just heard the commentator answer my question that CAF changed the rule this year to ensure the host nation prepares for the AFCON tournament. As a result, I am assuming if Cameroon heads the group, the second in the group qualifies instead.
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

...sparse stadium, and in Cameroon :shock:
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Rogermilla wrote:
Odas wrote:Fellows, please I need help with this question. These AFCON qualifiers are for year 2019 and in that year, Cameroon is the HOST nation - right? If so, why is Cameroon playing the AFCON qualifiers?
Hayatou's last gift to Cameroon before leaving
:lol: :lol:

Serious but it is a new rule by CAF to involve host nations in the qualifications. Cameroon is already qualified, so only one team qualifies from this group.
Ok, thanks for answering my question, though the commentators has answered my question from their comments.
Flex Swift
Egg
Egg

Post by Flex Swift »

The kicking has started!n
zee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by zee »

Should have been 2-0 for Cameroun..................Aboubakar just missed a good chance.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Cameroon has increased the heat with some impressive play in the last few minutes.
zee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by zee »

Cameroun just dodged a bullet there ....................2 chances in a min for Morocco.
1-1 at this moment should be the fair result.