Daniel Akpeyi and desperate judgement.

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

goldenera94
Egg
Egg
Daniel Akpeyi and desperate judgement.

Post by goldenera94 »

Goal keeper Daniel Akpeyi demonstrated his lack of sound desperately needed judgement in the run off to SA's second goal in 80 + min of play. A breakaway from the half line by SA, and we were one goal down. He came rushing and in no man's land, but actually made a faint hearted contact with the opponent instead of a outright foul which could've resulted in a free kick, red card. But the time was running, and Eagles would only have a goal deficit. Who knows if an equalizer can come
Goldenera94
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Daniel Akpeyi and desperate judgement.

Post by Eaglezbeak »

goldenera94 wrote:Goal keeper Daniel Akpeyi demonstrated his lack of sound desperately needed judgement in the run off to SA's second goal in 80 + min of play. A breakaway from the half line by SA, and we were one goal down. He came rushing and in no man's land, but actually made a faint hearted contact with the opponent instead of a outright foul which could've resulted in a free kick, red card. But the time was running, and Eagles would only have a goal deficit. Who knows if an equalizer can come
When did you send this thread?
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

You are really blaming Akpeyi for the second goal?
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB Nvidia GT755M | 16GB DDR3L | 1000GB SSD | N2230 | LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: Lenovo Legion 5 Pro: Ryzen 7 5800H | 32GB DDR4 | 2000GB SSD | 8GB NVidia RTX3070 - Windows 11 Pro
HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

Eaglezbeak wrote:
goldenera94 wrote:Goal keeper Daniel Akpeyi demonstrated his lack of sound desperately needed judgement in the run off to SA's second goal in 80 + min of play. A breakaway from the half line by SA, and we were one goal down. He came rushing and in no man's land, but actually made a faint hearted contact with the opponent instead of a outright foul which could've resulted in a free kick, red card. But the time was running, and Eagles would only have a goal deficit. Who knows if an equalizer can come
When did you send this thread?
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

what if akpeyi basket took the RC
were there any more subs to come?

AFCON 2019 sweet o
DNQ no good o

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

They did not CEDIS coming
Naira Did We :rotf: :rotf:

imehjunior
Egg
Egg

Post by imehjunior »

Cristao II wrote:You are really blaming Akpeyi for the second goal?
He is not responsible for both goals but i expected more.
He should have held the man and collected the red card . Pull a Suarez on Ghana and who knows.
For the first goal a more alert keeper would have noticed the defender had left his man and gone for that cross. It was inside his 6 yard area .
"Nigeria's No.1 problem is that all the smart Nigerians and those who know the solutions to everything are hiding here on CE." 1naija
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

imehjunior wrote:
Cristao II wrote:You are really blaming Akpeyi for the second goal?
He is not responsible for both goals but i expected more.
He should have held the man and collected the red card . Pull a Suarez on Ghana and who knows.
For the first goal a more alert keeper would have noticed the defender had left his man and gone for that cross. It was inside his 6 yard area .
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB Nvidia GT755M | 16GB DDR3L | 1000GB SSD | N2230 | LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: Lenovo Legion 5 Pro: Ryzen 7 5800H | 32GB DDR4 | 2000GB SSD | 8GB NVidia RTX3070 - Windows 11 Pro
HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

the guy is a useless keeper and should never ever be invited
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
papilo
Egg
Egg

Post by papilo »

He demonstrated his lack of everything during the game. He simply is not good enough
yes o
oscar52
Egg
Egg

Post by oscar52 »

They should stop torturing him by inviting him, he is too tentative for a goalkeeper.
Flex Swift
Egg
Egg

Post by Flex Swift »

How about the dropped catch in the first where by the South African striker hit the loose ball on the post was that also not his fault?
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

...and after this another thread go appear blaming the goalie.
Who was organizing the defence while they were taking that up front/
One player suppose to stay with the SA top player in case of a breakaway.
All basic stuff, and our so called pros from abroad can't do it.
Make una dey waste your time there.
11 players and na one person dem single out as culprit for the 2 goals.

Btw, Alampasu was a very good goalie during the u-something tournament, I don't understand why Nigeria did not go on to groom him.
The guy is tall, demonstrated knowledge and agility back then.
If he had been taken under the wings he would have been our top keeper by now.
Nigeria is fraught with fraud anyway.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

I will like to beat up that Akpere, i really want to punch him
SuperEagles

jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

And what was the coaching staff doing as all that was going on; are they sitting on bench as mere spectators or Should they be shadowing the whole field at every time and shouting instructions.
Last edited by jette1 on Tue Jun 13, 2017 2:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
Rawlings
Egg
Egg

Post by Rawlings »

Oga, the defenders are to blame.
Basic rule of defending: Under no circumstances should the LAST defender be in the opponents half
Percy Tau was on for just one minute and standing alone behind the defenders ... what did u expect?
How the hell will any defender give a player who just came on such a heads start?
Nwabali -- Aina, Bassey, TroostEkong, Sanusi --- Chukwueze, Aribo, Ndidi, Iwobi --- Osimhem, Sadiq Umar
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

No point in collecting any stupid red card...with 10 minutes or so to go and down by one...and not sure if we have unused subs left(which would have meant an outfield player going into post) a rampaging SA team could have gone on to do more damage. I have seen 3 goals scored in 5 mins never mind 10. Let us stop this whimsical musings and get real...we got beat accept it and move on please. Let us not destroy the young man!
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

If he bagged the red and SA went on to capitalise on our deficit in numbers of personel...the rhetoric would be how dumb he was to bag a red instead of saving the ball or even allowing the goal since we looked strong and on our way back into the game.
The only fault in the second goal..wherr were the defenders? Or why was our behind so obscenely naked?
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

oloye wrote:If he bagged the red and SA went on to capitalise on our deficit in numbers of personel...the rhetoric would be how dumb he was to bag a red instead of saving the ball or even allowing the goal since we looked strong and on our way back into the game.
The only fault in the second goal..wherr were the defenders? Or why was our behind so obscenely naked?
KPOM. Hindsight is always perfect. If he received a red, the narrative would be that by staying 11 v 11 we would have surely equalized and won the game!
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
imehjunior
Egg
Egg

Post by imehjunior »

oloye wrote:If he bagged the red and SA went on to capitalise on our deficit in numbers of personel...the rhetoric would be how dumb he was to bag a red instead of saving the ball or even allowing the goal since we looked strong and on our way back into the game.
Egbon I have no choice but to defer to your authority however what of the first goal , he had a vintage view and the cross was close enough for him to challenge for it since our defender was MIA.
"Nigeria's No.1 problem is that all the smart Nigerians and those who know the solutions to everything are hiding here on CE." 1naija
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

imehjunior wrote:
Egbon I have no choice but to defer to your authority however what of the first goal , he had a vintage view and the cross was close enough for him to challenge for it since our defender was MIA.
One thing we can agree upon is that Akpeyi is not the sort of goalie i would be happy to have in goal. But the main issue here is the talk that he shoukd have bagged a red. The only time bagging a red is an option is when you are winning or even a draw and you resort to something cynical to preserve the advantage. A good example is the Uruguay v Ghana in WC . But in a match that we were losing and being outplayed both for speed and space....going down by one player is helping the opponent more than anything.

If you ask me if he is good enough..the answer is no!

bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

where is Emmanuel Daniel? He is a much better goalie that this Apere clown.
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
olu
Egg
Egg

Post by olu »

I can't fault Akpeyi for either of the goals. His defense left him terribly exposed for the second goal. However, with Akpeyi being our first choice goalie, the bar has been set pretty low. It's hard for me to imagine Ezenwa being any worse. Also with the team already being so young, I can see why Rohr would be hesitant to start Alampasu who plays in the 3rd division in Portugal and has little experience. It's hard for me to consider a player in the 3rd division in Portugal as a serious contender for a starting spot in the SE.

Are there no other really no other goalies in the local league better than Akpeyi? If there are no better goalies in the local league then we indeed have a goal keeping crisis at the moment.

Like others have said, it's also very concerning that we continue to field wingers and fullbacks that really struggle to cross the ball (e.g Simon, Musa, and Elderson). The technical deficiency of some of our players is really glaring. The full backs in the local league must be pretty bad if Elderson is still the best we have to offer.

Daniel has not been a first choice goalie at club level for sometime now, so I can see why he wasn't called. He lost his starting spot to Nanu Bonsu while he was at Rangers, and is currently not the first choice goalie at Orlando Pirates.

bret- hart wrote:where is Emmanuel Daniel? He is a much better goalie that this Apere clown.
Last edited by olu on Thu Jun 15, 2017 12:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tbite »

You guys assume that his only fault could have been the goals lol!

Long before South African scored, he made one or two massive errors. So that is why many people are not giving him the benefit of the doubt!

A keeper is also the last line of defense! Which means he is not just a passive agent! It isn't just about expecting the defenders to always be at their best! The GK also has to rise above the occasion even when he is not culpable for the initial mistake! This even includes organizing his lines! We all know how good Enyeama is at organizing his line!

Is Akpeyi the kind of GK that can dig deep? Are you telling me that we have a keeper that is only suitable if the defense are PERFECT? Moreover, a GK that has no communication with his defenders?

That is not what we had in Enyeama! Enyeama alone could win us matches! The day that Akpeyi wins us a match, the mods should ban me from this forum for 1 year!

I remember that 2010 match, Enyeama vs Argentina. The guy did EVERYTHING humanly possible to get Nigeria at least a draw, but alas his teammates were not performing at the same level as him. With Akpeyi it is the other way around. He is below the team average IMO.
Buhari, whose two terms thankfully ground to a constitutional halt in May. (One thing both democracies have going for them is that their leaders, however bad, have only two terms to swing the wrecking ball.) Under Buhari, growth per head also plunged to 0. An economic agenda drawn from the dusty pages of a 1970s protectionist handbook failed to do the trick. Despite Buhari’s promise to tame terrorism and criminality, violence flourished. Despite his reputation for probity, corruption swirled. FT
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

I want to really beat up that Akpeyi. .his name alone vexed me
SuperEagles