Transfer Update: Iheanacho, Onyekuru and Westham

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

niyi
Egg
Egg
Transfer Update: Iheanacho, Onyekuru and Westham

Post by niyi »

So this column comes a little earlier than I had expected but some of the news I was going to talk about is breaking elsewhere so I thought I should get it out now. Most of this has been covered in my section on the radio show.

So transfers are what most people want to hear about and this is where I will start. Iheanacho is the first one. Talks have been ongoing and largely around his buy back clause. These talks have been quite frustrating and not as productive as we would have hoped however they are not dead. Iheanacho wants to stay at Manchester City and the injury to Gabriel Jesus in the week is not ideal. The situation however is that he was told he will leave the club and that he has to brace himself for this. There are other clubs interested in him and it will be interesting to see how this transfer develops over the week however he is still very much a target of ours.

There is more positive news for another Nigerian and that is Henry Onyekuru who is a 20 year old who scored 25 goals and got 14 assists last season for Eupen who are one of the smaller teams in the league. He has played on the wing and upfront and is said to have traits that are similar to his namesake Thierry Henry. This versatility is an attractive option for us. The only problem with this transfer is that he has only played one international game which means he could struggle for a work permit but his transfer fee, wages and performances last season may enable this to go through under the special talent rule. There is a release clause of £7m for this deal and he is said to have turned down Arsenal already. He had met with their officials but because they cannot promise him first team football he has turned them down which shows a good attitude in my opinion. He has interest from other clubs and is expected to choose us over them when he flies into the training ground on Tuesday. This story was covered on our radio show on Wednesday, it has been picked up by Simon Jones of the Mail too but this is often the case with him and my news. I have spoke to the mail about securing some form of acknowledgment for his regular use of my stories but unless I want to go through a legal proceeding I can’t. So this is likely to happen throughout the summer as a heads up.

http://www.thewesthamway.co.uk/2017/06/ ... t-updates/
Ona t'Olorun ngba soro
lati se ise re
ona re enikan ko mo
awamaridi ni!
niyi
Egg
Egg
Re: Transfer Update: Iheanacho, Onyekuru and Westham

Post by niyi »

Notice how Onyekuru has turned down Arsenal because he wants to play regularly but Iheanacho is insisting on staying at City even though he's not wanted.
Ona t'Olorun ngba soro
lati se ise re
ona re enikan ko mo
awamaridi ni!
rdokoye
Egg
Egg

Post by rdokoye »

The buyback clause is what's delaying the Kelechi transfer, not him wanting to remain at Man City.

Man City are cheeky buggers, they want to sell him, then ensure they can get him back for only 10 million pounds more.
Cally
Egg
Egg

Post by Cally »

rdokoye wrote:The buyback clause is what's delaying the Kelechi transfer, not him wanting to remain at Man City.

Man City are cheeky buggers, they want to sell him, then ensure they can get him back for only 10 million pounds more.
If true, then that's ridiculous.
http://www.meditationsofthesoul.com

"My friends - "We need to really reassess the way we trash our national team, derogate some players and disrespect the people that run our football. Let the brand new Super Eagles become our new Brand of national pride.. The unifying identity for all.. Bar none!" - CE's The Great Seloweizer (6/24/13)

The Arsenal Football Club - "The Deeper The Foundation, The Stronger The Fortress."
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Thes guys have shown over the weekend to be average. Quite Frankly, until they improve for Nigeria they can go anywhere they want
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
olumide
Egg
Egg

Post by olumide »

Iheanacho has scored 6 goals in ten appearances for Nigeria, and is 20, yet he is now average because he can't create magic from long balls smashed in his general direction. For what it is worth, the only two decent attacking movements of the match came from Kelechi's passing (which Ndidi wasted) and some good movement from Musa at 0-1. The midfield created nil all match.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

1naija wrote:Thes guys have shown over the weekend to be average. Quite Frankly, until they improve for Nigeria they can go anywhere they want
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
jb
Egg
Egg

Post by jb »

Bigpokey24 wrote:
1naija wrote:Thes guys have shown over the weekend to be average. Quite Frankly, until they improve for Nigeria they can go anywhere they want
Quit blaming the guys. They are no more average than the SA locals that beat them in their backyard. There is more to winning than player skills and selection.
niyi
Egg
Egg

Post by niyi »

Bigpokey24 wrote:
Ok o. So all our players are now average because we lost a game. As if only a player's ability determines the outcome of a match.
Ona t'Olorun ngba soro
lati se ise re
ona re enikan ko mo
awamaridi ni!
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

niyi wrote:
Bigpokey24 wrote:
Ok o. So all our players are now average because we lost a game. As if only a player's ability determines the outcome of a match.
yes they are average , they spend more time on twitter and instagram.. they've done nothing to claim they've arrived
SuperEagles

niyi
Egg
Egg

Post by niyi »

Bigpokey24 wrote:
niyi wrote:
Bigpokey24 wrote:
yes they are average , they spend more time on twitter and instagram.. they've done nothing to claim they've arrived
The south african players are less than average if our players are average. We have good players but we need the right mix of experience, smart training, good tactics and in-form players.
Ona t'Olorun ngba soro
lati se ise re
ona re enikan ko mo
awamaridi ni!
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

niyi wrote:
Bigpokey24 wrote:
niyi wrote:
Bigpokey24 wrote:
The south african players are less than average if our players are average. We have good players but we need the right mix of experience, smart training, good tactics and in-form players.
we claim we have good players( especially here on CE) we do not . we have no goalkeeper, full backs, zero replacements for the likes of Mikel and Moses. It should have been 4 zero in Uyo. Pass, pass no bite... The wins vs Zambia and Algeria deluded so many of us... missed out of 2 AFCONS , about to miss out on a 3rd. smh.. we do not have quality players in abundance .... we are parading the likes of Shehu, Simon Moses, Awazie Akpeyi, etc...
SuperEagles

Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

olumide wrote:Iheanacho has scored 6 goals in ten appearances for Nigeria, and is 20, yet he is now average because he can't create magic from long balls smashed in his general direction. For what it is worth, the only two decent attacking movements of the match came from Kelechi's passing (which Ndidi wasted) and some good movement from Musa at 0-1. The midfield created nil all match.
Tell them! :clap: :clap: :clap:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

Cally wrote:
rdokoye wrote:The buyback clause is what's delaying the Kelechi transfer, not him wanting to remain at Man City.

If true, then that's ridiculous.

Not really. As a business man, you'd want to protect your assets wouldn't you?
Arsenal is notorious for this very thing.
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”
King Futcha
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by King Futcha »

Bigpokey24 wrote:
niyi wrote:
Bigpokey24 wrote:
niyi wrote:
Bigpokey24 wrote:
we claim we have good players( especially here on CE) we do not . we have no goalkeeper, full backs, zero replacements for the likes of Mikel and Moses. It should have been 4 zero in Uyo. Pass, pass no bite... The wins vs Zambia and Algeria deluded so many of us... missed out of 2 AFCONS , about to miss out on a 3rd. smh.. we do not have quality players in abundance .... we are parading the likes of Shehu, Simon Moses, Awazie Akpeyi, etc...
Why are you being so negative? Bring back the positive bigpokey.
Saints baby we did it
“I am in my technical zone and I can’t hear the boos,” Domenech said.
zee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by zee »

Bigpokey24 wrote:
niyi wrote:
Bigpokey24 wrote:
Bigturkey :D I know you natives will never blame the wowo coach.
"Today we remember Nigeria and Africa football legend, Late Coach Stephen Okechukwu Keshi who passed on, on june 7th 2016. Thank you for the memories ‘The Big Boss.’ We can never forget you"............Kanu Nwankwo
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

zee wrote:
Bigpokey24 wrote:
niyi wrote:
Bigpokey24 wrote:
Bigpokey :D I know you natives will never blame the wowo coach.
I want a local coach and i am an advocate for such.. we dey 2017 and we still dey chase WOWO.. ghana eyes don open see how Kwesi don change ghana and them stamp dem autority.. if EGypt think say dem go carry Russia ticket easily, make dem think twice..Appiah dey wait them for Kumasi

Left to me , since we no longer have Keshi or Amodu..NFF needs to go get Equavoen or SSS.. let us use our own to fail.. how can the SE look so useless vs SA...
So you are telling me the SE cannot win well without the likes of Mikel and VICMO..shame , shame shame..I saw what the United states did yesterday( look at how Bruce Arena has changed the US over night) they went to the Azteca and got a point playing a very tactical game.. but nah to shine against high school Togo and cosico , groundnut coach sabi... do not upset me
SuperEagles

metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
smartbrother
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by smartbrother »

niyi wrote:Notice how Onyekuru has turned down Arsenal because he wants to play regularly but Iheanacho is insisting on staying at City even though he's not wanted.
you think onyekuru turned down arsenal?lmao
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

niyi wrote:Notice how Onyekuru has turned down Arsenal because he wants to play regularly but Iheanacho is insisting on staying at City even though he's not wanted.
Major difference in attitude towards their career progress between both. If the story is true, the coach (Rohr) must stop inviting Iheanacho while he is on the bench of his team. If he cannot make it in his club, he shouldn't make it in the national team. Such action - perhaps - will clear his head and his devotion to Man-City FC.
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Much of the Onyekuru transfer saga has been fake news. West ham were the only ones to offer him anything,no other team offered a contract or even wanted to talk to him including Arsenal. I think integrity will be a big issue for the boy,he was the one who abandoned his team last winter and now it turns out that his transfer news is all fake. Nice,club Brugge,Swansea,Newcastle Arsenal and hoffenheim were all reported to be after him but it was all bs.
OCCUPY NFF!!
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:Much of the Onyekuru transfer saga has been fake news. West ham were the only ones to offer him anything,no other team offered a contract or even wanted to talk to him including Arsenal. I think integrity will be a big issue for the boy,he was the one who abandoned his team last winter and now it turns out that his transfer news is all fake. Nice,club Brugge,Swansea,Newcastle Arsenal and hoffenheim were all reported to be after him but it was all bs.
So he put out the fake news? Abi don't we hear speculations all summer long about players going here or there only to land somewhere else...
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Polly
Egg
Egg

Post by Polly »

maceo4 wrote:
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:Much of the Onyekuru transfer saga has been fake news. West ham were the only ones to offer him anything,no other team offered a contract or even wanted to talk to him including Arsenal. I think integrity will be a big issue for the boy,he was the one who abandoned his team last winter and now it turns out that his transfer news is all fake. Nice,club Brugge,Swansea,Newcastle Arsenal and hoffenheim were all reported to be after him but it was all bs.
So he put out the fake news? Abi don't we hear speculations all summer long about players going here or there only to land somewhere else...
Yes o, didn't you know? The boy is an expert at working the media, mainstream or social. People always imagine he is somewhere on a soccer pitch training and honing his craft. Whosai! Penning, distributing and multiplying fake news, especially about himself, that is what he does for a living ke!