Oshinawa Let Go By Hearts

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

mojojojo
Egg
Egg
Oshinawa Let Go By Hearts

Post by mojojojo »

Nigeria left-back Juwon Oshaniwa has left Hearts by mutual consent a year before his contract was due to expire.

Oshaniwa, 26, joined the Tynecastle club on a three-year deal in 2015 but made only 25 appearances and none in season 2016-17.

He has been capped 17 times and Hearts said on their website: "The club wishes Juwon well in the future.

"The Nigerian full-back's contract has been ended early, allowing him to move on and find another club."

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/40433331
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Oshinawa Let Go By Hearts

Post by jette1 »

That's my boi & I wish him good luck; he should be in Russia SE squad
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
Cito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cito »

mojojojo wrote:Nigeria left-back Juwon Oshaniwa has left Hearts by mutual consent a year before his contract was due to expire.

Oshaniwa, 26, joined the Tynecastle club on a three-year deal in 2015 but made only 25 appearances and none in season 2016-17.

He has been capped 17 times and Hearts said on their website: "The club wishes Juwon well in the future.

"The Nigerian full-back's contract has been ended early, allowing him to move on and find another club."

Was he still a hearts player? Though he left years ago.
"Learn from others whom have walked the path before you, but be smart enough to know when to cut your own trail."
Obong
Egg
Egg

Post by Obong »

He was in the recent London camp and played the practice game between the A and B teams. Hope he sorts himself out as he could be a serviceable option at our problematic left back.
"WE ARE THE SUPER EAGLES!!!"
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

The Ayo Akinfe Jinx strikes again...
Not entirely surprising since he had been sidelined for the last couple of seasons.

Good luck to the lad...
Perhaps it's time to return to the NPFL.
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
truetalk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by truetalk »

Obong wrote:He was in the recent London camp and played the practice game between the A and B teams. Hope he sorts himself out as he could be a serviceable option at our problematic left back.
I wish Oshaniwa the best and hope he can land in a spot where he gets playing time and makes a decent income.

He is however not an option for the SE. Much better talent available in that position. It may not be Alaba level talent, but better than Oshaniwa.
truetalk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by truetalk »

mojojojo wrote:Nigeria left-back Juwon Oshaniwa has left Hearts by mutual consent a year before his contract was due to expire.

I am surprised at the cap count. Maybe CHAN qualifiers or something.
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Still cannot wash my eyes clean from watching him play for Nigeria at the WC.

Never has a player so technically barren, featured for Nigeria at the highest level...
Last edited by txj on Thu Jun 29, 2017 2:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

truetalk wrote:

Learnt a while ago that Nigerian players count mere call-ups as caps...
E.g., Efan Ekoku is listed as having "20 caps" for Nigeria (even here on CE).
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

txj wrote:Still cannot was my eyes clean from watching him play for Nigeria at the WC.

Never has a player so technically barren, featured for Nigeria at the highest level.
Your eyes may be the least of your problems for dude played quite well at the WC, filling in for an inured Echiejile...
But if you seek a truly "technically barren" display, look no further than Lagerback playing Robocop Afolabi at LB at WC 2010.

Here's your pal, PATRICK the 'scout's' glowing review of Oshaniwa at the WC...
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=250073
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Gotti wrote:
truetalk wrote:

Learnt a while ago that Nigerian players count mere call-ups as caps...
E.g., Efan Ekoku is listed as having "20 caps" for Nigeria (even here on CE).

Gotti

Actually Oshaniwa made 18 appearances and that is accurate. However, the appearances listed for Ekoku is inaccurate. I saw that and cannot understand how. However, Oshaniwa's appearances are accurate and include 11 competitive games.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

Enugu II wrote:Gotti

Actually Oshaniwa made 18 appearances and that is accurate. However, the appearances listed for Evoke is inaccurate. I saw that and cannot understand how. However, Oshaniwa's appearances are accurate and include 11 competitive games.
I'll take your word for it, but I am frankly surprised...
Recall him playing against Egypt in the HB team (and thus likely Niger and Liberia) and the ANC final, but not much else.
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Gotti wrote:

Actually Oshaniwa made 18 appearances and that is accurate. However, the appearances listed for Evoke is inaccurate. I saw that and cannot understand how. However, Oshaniwa's appearances are accurate and include 11 competitive games.
Recall him playing against Egypt in the HB team (and thus likely Niger and Liberia) and the ANC final, but not much else.

TBH, I was surprised as well but I checked the database and indeed he has. Here is each game that he played:

1 --1/11/12 -- Angloa -- F
2 --2/15/12 -- Liberia -- F
3 --4/12/12 -- Egypt -- F
4 --5/23/12 -- Peru -- F
5 --6/3/12 -- Namibia -- WCQ
6 --6/9/12 -- Malawi -- WCQ
7 --8/15/12 -- Niger Rep. --F
8 --9/8/12 -- Liberia -- ANCQ
9 --1/9/13 -- Cape Verde -- F
10 --2/10/13 -- B/Faso -- ANC
11 --6/7/14 -- USA -- F
12 --6/16/14 -- Iran -- WC
13 --6/21/14 -- Bosnia -- WC
14 --6/25/14 -- Argentina -- WC
15 --6/30/14 -- France -- WC
16 --10/15/14 -- Sudan -- ANCQ
17 --11/15/14 -- Congo Rep. -- ANCQ
18 --11/19/14 -- S/Africa -- ANCQ
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Enugu II wrote:
Gotti wrote:

TBH, I was surprised as well but I checked the database and indeed he has. Here is each game that he played:

1 --1/11/12 -- Angloa -- F
2 --2/15/12 -- Liberia -- F
3 --4/12/12 -- Egypt -- F
4 --5/23/12 -- Peru -- F
5 --6/3/12 -- Namibia -- WCQ
6 --6/9/12 -- Malawi -- WCQ
7 --8/15/12 -- Niger Rep. --F
8 --9/8/12 -- Liberia -- ANCQ
9 --1/9/13 -- Cape Verde -- F
10 --2/10/13 -- B/Faso -- ANC
11 --6/7/14 -- USA -- F
12 --6/16/14 -- Iran -- WC
13 --6/21/14 -- Bosnia -- WC
14 --6/25/14 -- Argentina -- WC
15 --6/30/14 -- France -- WC
16 --10/15/14 -- Sudan -- ANCQ
17 --11/15/14 -- Congo Rep. -- ANCQ
18 --11/19/14 -- S/Africa -- ANCQ

truly amazing that a player of such poor technical quality can have 18 caps, in a country suffuse with raw talent...

with Uwa u can at the very least point to some quality at some stage of his career. Oshaniwa lacks any redeeming technical quality...
But this is Nigeria...
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
paj
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by paj »

txj wrote:Still cannot wash my eyes clean from watching him play for Nigeria at the WC.

Never has a player so technically barren, featured for Nigeria at the highest level...
...I agree..spotted same at the Afcon...when he came in vs Burkina Faso Mikel had to keep dropping back to help him out..dude was totally out of his depth..
Pa
The Brunch Mixtape Project
Available on all major streaming platforms :)
Flex Swift
Egg
Egg

Post by Flex Swift »

txj wrote:Still cannot wash my eyes clean from watching him play for Nigeria at the WC.

Danny Shittu and Efe Soji were worst!!!!!
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

Flex Swift wrote:

Abegi don't be too hard on Shittu at WC 2010...
We all know he was a stiffy, but he also had to cover for Lagerback's brain-fart of playing Robocop at LB.
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
truetalk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by truetalk »

Gotti wrote:
Flex Swift wrote:

We all know he was a stiffy, but he also had to cover for Lagerback's brain-fart of playing Robocop at LB.
Gotti, Flex Swift is lucky that he did not type this rubbish over the long Nigerian weekend, when I was in the mood to write and fight on this site. Even you are not totally disagreeing with him.

I will be the last person to defend Lagerback's Nigerian enterprise as he pretty much admitted to being part of a bribery scheme.

However, Afolabi had to play on the left, after Taiwo got injured against Argentina, & Echiejile (who had been useless throughout the build up and dashed North Korea a goal in that shameful pre-WC friendly) promptly injured himself shortly after coming in. Lagerback's hand was forced and he had to deploy a stiff CentreBack who was otherwise competent for us in the few other appearances for us.
(For those who are arguing against Efe Ambrose, that is the value someone like that brings to a team. Options and flexibility)

Flex Swift is speaking absolute rubbish by suggesting either one of those 2 have put in awful performances for Nigeria. Echiejile, for instance, has been consistently worse, but I digress.

The 2010 team, despite all the odds against it (Probably the most corrupt tournament campaign by Ogunjobi & Co, Mikel & Ike Uche's injuries etc) was playing well enough to go deep (may the quarters or semis) in that tournaments (I was there). They could have taken the game against Argentina (Taiwo's shot, Osaze & Martins brain farts etc). They were dominating Greece until Kaita happened. They were much better than Korea. Kalu Uche hit the bar, Yakubu had the worst miss ever after Yusuf Ayila's brilliant work & Enyeama decided to gift Korea a goal.

I have kept quiet as people insult all sort of players on the 2010 team (Etuhu, Afolabi, Haruna), who simply did nothing but play with passion for a team that had all sorts of challenges. While I don't like to call people out (except those occupying space and playing poorly, when better options are not invited), if we are doing that, we should start with Kaita, Yakubu and Enyeama.
Prince
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Prince »

Flex Swift wrote:

Mobi Oparaku
Oya back to the matter
open and close
Flex Swift
Egg
Egg

Post by Flex Swift »

truetalk wrote:
Gotti wrote:
Flex Swift wrote:

Gotti, Flex Swift is lucky that he did not type this rubbish over the long Nigerian weekend, when I was in the mood to write and fight on this site. Even you are not totally disagreeing with him.

I will be the last person to defend Lagerback's Nigerian enterprise as he pretty much admitted to being part of a bribery scheme.

However, Afolabi had to play on the left, after Taiwo got injured against Argentina, & Echiejile (who had been useless throughout the build up and dashed North Korea a goal in that shameful pre-WC friendly) promptly injured himself shortly after coming in. Lagerback's hand was forced and he had to deploy a stiff CentreBack who was otherwise competent for us in the few other appearances for us.
(For those who are arguing against Efe Ambrose, that is the value someone like that brings to a team. Options and flexibility)

Flex Swift is speaking absolute rubbish by suggesting either one of those 2 have put in awful performances for Nigeria. Echiejile, for instance, has been consistently worse, but I digress.

The 2010 team, despite all the odds against it (Probably the most corrupt tournament campaign by Ogunjobi & Co, Mikel & Ike Uche's injuries etc) was playing well enough to go deep (may the quarters or semis) in that tournaments (I was there). They could have taken the game against Argentina (Taiwo's shot, Osaze & Martins brain farts etc). They were dominating Greece until Kaita happened. They were much better than Korea. Kalu Uche hit the bar, Yakubu had the worst miss ever after Yusuf Ayila's brilliant work & Enyeama decided to gift Korea a goal.

I have kept quiet as people insult all sort of players on the 2010 team (Etuhu, Afolabi, Haruna), who simply did nothing but play with passion for a team that had all sorts of challenges. While I don't like to call people out (except those occupying space and playing poorly, when better options are not invited), if we are doing that, we should start with Kaita, Yakubu and Enyeama.
On what planet could anyone justify the selection of Danny Shittu knowing that he would be marking Messi while the highest level he had ever played at was the English championship. Nigeria went from Centre half pairing the likes of T West of AC Milan/Inter Milan Isaac Okoronkwo Shakhtar Donestsk to Danny Shittu
There nothing wrong with our 2002 ANC back four consisting of Babayaro on the left Yobo right back with the pairing of West and Ok to now being Soji at right back who had never played at this level and was totally out of his depth . I watch reruns of ours games and cringe watching Soje trying to control h ball. But hey what do I know those two including Etuhu are fine footballers :blink:
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

Gotti wrote:
txj wrote:Still cannot was my eyes clean from watching him play for Nigeria at the WC.

Never has a player so technically barren, featured for Nigeria at the highest level.
Your eyes may be the least of your problems for dude played quite well at the WC, filling in for an inured Echiejile...
But if you seek a truly "technically barren" display, look no further than Lagerback playing Robocop Afolabi at LB at WC 2010.

Here's your pal, PATRICK the 'scout's' glowing review of Oshaniwa at the WC...
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=250073
Patrick don comot forum for you, so you can continue your reign as the one eyed king, why you still dey mention his name? :huh: Are you secretly missing him and his inside info?
I am happy
papilo
Egg
Egg

Post by papilo »

truetalk wrote:
Obong wrote:He was in the recent London camp and played the practice game between the A and B teams. Hope he sorts himself out as he could be a serviceable option at our problematic left back.
I wish Oshaniwa the best and hope he can land in a spot where he gets playing time and makes a decent income.

He is however not an option for the SE. Much better talent available in that position. It may not be Alaba level talent, but better than Oshaniwa.
Well said. Nothing more to add
yes o
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

truetalk wrote:

:agree:

Based on current form, he is not presently a viable SE option...
But I don't think he should be completely (and precipitously) discarded either.
Last edited by Gotti on Fri Jun 30, 2017 11:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL