Cybereagles

The Undisputed Number One Home for All Super Eagles Fans
It is currently Sun Jun 25, 2017 8:06 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post subject: Fernando Adi
PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 5:27 am 

This dude continues to score goals consistently for the Portland Timbers. I watched his interview yesterday and was quite impressed with his delivery and ability to engage his audience. He's quite a smart guy. For me, I don't think an EPL team would be doing much wrong by giving this dude a chance. He has the build, energy, stamina, and brains to hack it in the EPL. Dude also knows where the goal is, as exemplified by his second goal against FC Dallas last night.

I know he's been called to the SE once before, but didn't make much of an impression, but I think he deserves another shot at some point. He's quite a solid ambassador for Nigeria in the MLS.

http://www.espnfc.us/video/mls-highligh ... rns-dallas

"My friends - "We need to really reassess the way we trash our national team, derogate some players and disrespect the people that run our football. Let the brand new Super Eagles become our new Brand of national pride.. The unifying identity for all.. Bar none!" - CE's The Great Seloweizer (6/24/13)

The Arsenal Football Club - "The Deeper The Foundation, The Stronger The Fortress."

Post subject: Re: Fernando Adi
PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 5:47 am 

A perfect target man we lack, has the physical presence and instinct we currently lack and Nacho isn't just it as a target man, another player I hope we get is Tammy Abraham...not sure what the latest is on the lad.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 12:44 pm 

Welcome to CE, where everybody thinks the player they just watched n tv a s better than advertised! :thumb:

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 2:52 pm 

At the best he's an extra body. Not sure he provides a different dimension from what we already have. None of the players we have now including his guy is special enough to make an immediate impact in the team. They will take time so we have to be patient instead of regularly shuffling the pack and thus setting us back. Unless a player is extra special on the scale of a super star game changer (which Adi clearly isn't) I wouldn't change the striking options we already have. We must need to be patient and allow them come good.

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 11:25 pm 
Site Admin

Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.
Cally wrote:
This dude continues to score goals consistently for the Portland Timbers. I watched his interview yesterday and was quite impressed with his delivery and ability to engage his audience. He's quite a smart guy. For me, I don't think an EPL team would be doing much wrong by giving this dude a chance. He has the build, energy, stamina, and brains to hack it in the EPL. Dude also knows where the goal is, as exemplified by his second goal against FC Dallas last night.

I know he's been called to the SE once before, but didn't make much of an impression, but I think he deserves another shot at some point. He's quite a solid ambassador for Nigeria in the MLS.

http://www.espnfc.us/video/mls-highligh ... rns-dallas

As good as he is, he might as well be playing in China or NPFL.

Rohr doesn't do players from such leagues.

To defend her unity and uphold her honor and glory
So help me God.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 11:32 pm 

theYemster wrote:
At the best he's an extra body. Not sure he provides a different dimension from what we already have. None of the players we have now including his guy is special enough to make an immediate impact in the team. They will take time so we have to be patient instead of regularly shuffling the pack and thus setting us back. Unless a player is extra special on the scale of a super star game changer (which Adi clearly isn't) I wouldn't change the striking options we already have. We must need to be patient and allow them come good.

Nothing wrong with adding him to the pool of options being given the opportunities presently.

"My friends - "We need to really reassess the way we trash our national team, derogate some players and disrespect the people that run our football. Let the brand new Super Eagles become our new Brand of national pride.. The unifying identity for all.. Bar none!" - CE's The Great Seloweizer (6/24/13)

The Arsenal Football Club - "The Deeper The Foundation, The Stronger The Fortress."

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 11:33 pm 

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:
Welcome to CE, where everybody thinks the player they just watched n tv a s better than advertised! :thumb:

Don't be silly.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 12:07 am 

He's not even as good as IDEYE or ighalo

Not even close