Barcelona shirts BANNED in Saudi Arabia

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

camex
Eaglet
Eaglet
Barcelona shirts BANNED in Saudi Arabia

Post by camex »

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... rabia.html
Barcelona shirts BANNED in Saudi Arabia with possible £120,000 fine and 15-year prison sentence
Barcelona have used Qatar Airways as their shirt sponsor for the past four years
Tensions in the Gulf region could have a direct affect on fans wearing the shirts
Saudi Arabia blacklisted entities they believed connected Qatar to extremism
Barca have agreed a new four-year deal with Japanese online retailer Rakuten
By Ben Grounds For Mailonline
PUBLISHED: 14:54 BST, 10 June 2017 | UPDATED: 01:52 BST, 11 June 2017
shares
View comments
Wearing a Barcelona shirt in Saudi Arabia could land you with a fine of up to £120,000 and a 15-year prison sentence, due to the club's continued ties with Qatar Airways.

Tensions in the Gulf region have seen countries such as Saudi Arabia boycott Qatari entities - and their measures could impact football fans who wish to wear Neymar and Lionel Messi replica shirts.

Qatar's Arab neighbours have blacklisted entities such as Qatar Airways over their alleged extremist connection, with Barca shirts sporting the airline's logo said to be outlawed. Qatar have rejected the claims.

Wearing a Barcelona shirt with Qatar Airways sponsor in Saudi Arabia could prove very costly +6
Wearing a Barcelona shirt with Qatar Airways sponsor in Saudi Arabia could prove very costly

The sponsorship logo is said to have been been outlawed amid tensions in the Gulf region +6
The sponsorship logo is said to have been been outlawed amid tensions in the Gulf region

Lionel Messi's shirt - complete with the Qatar Airways logo - is one of the world's most sold +6
Lionel Messi's shirt - complete with the Qatar Airways logo - is one of the world's most sold

According to Sky Italy, supporters caught donning shirts with the Qatar Airways logo now face €135,000 fines (around £120,000) and up to 15 years in jail.

The ban comes amid a diplomatic row as Saudi Arabia blacklisted entities and individuals that they perceive as connecting Qatar to extremist groups, with the United Arab Emirates, Egypt, Yemen and Bahrain included.

RELATED ARTICLES
Previous
Next

Juventus target Douglas Costa, Steven N'Zonzi and Keita...

Juventus star Dani Alves treats model girlfriend Joana Sanz...

Real Madrid rule Cristiano Ronaldo out of Manchester United...

Neymar heads to Sin City in a private jet as he continues US...
SHARE THIS ARTICLE
20k shares
Barcelona have been sponsored by Qatar Airways for the past four seasons, but they have agreed a new four-year deal with Japanese online retailer Rakuten from the start of the 2017-18 campaign.

Last summer, Barca's own fan base called for the club to cut ties with Gulf state Qatar, which included a petition signed by over 60,000 people.

Qatar's Arab neighbours have blacklisted Qatar Airways over alleged extremist connections

Barcelona will change their shirt sponsor to Rakuten from the start of the 2017-18 season

The Catalan club will replace Qatar Airways with a shirt sponsor worth £47.2million a year

The Catalans first moved to having shirt sponsorship in 2011 with the Qatar Foundation replacing international children's charity Unicef in carrying their logo across the front.

Barcelona are not the only club affected by political tensions after Ligue 1 giants Paris Saint-Germain were faced with an unexpected problem relating to their shirt sponsorship deal with Emirates.

The UAE's national carrier have stopped flights to Qatar - the homeland of PSG's owners, but the club told Le Parisien: 'It will have no effect on the club, there is no worry.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... z4jrQQwaQk
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Barcelona shirts BANNED in Saudi Arabia

Post by oloye »

This is what happens when politics drifts into football...what has Barcelona got to do with their shenanigans...oops i forget..they collected blood money from terrorist sponsoring country called Qatar!
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tbite »

KSA which invented terror sponsoring?

Abeg, KSA is the last country on earth to point any fingers.
Buhari, whose two terms thankfully ground to a constitutional halt in May. (One thing both democracies have going for them is that their leaders, however bad, have only two terms to swing the wrecking ball.) Under Buhari, growth per head also plunged to 0. An economic agenda drawn from the dusty pages of a 1970s protectionist handbook failed to do the trick. Despite Buhari’s promise to tame terrorism and criminality, violence flourished. Despite his reputation for probity, corruption swirled. FT
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

oloye wrote:This is what happens when politics drifts into football...what has Barcelona got to do with their shenanigans...oops i forget..they collected blood money from terrorist sponsoring country called Qatar!
We need to be very careful with these kinds of proclamations. They took money from the airline just like chelsea and many british clubs have taken money from oil moguls. Actually, if we're going to be farcical about it, why do we bother with the sport at all? If I start describing the sources of money that goes to every European club, it'll fill you with utter disgust. If you sit down and watch the sport and comment on big games and managers and lap up the whole thing with glee and enjoyment, you are as complicit as FC Barcelona. I am as complicit as FC Barcelona.

Saudi Arabia's stance on this clearly has little to do with terrorism. It doesn't need a leap of logic to understand that they are the biggest supporters and genesis of the whole shebang. They have other issues with Qatar. How many terrorists did Qatar sponsor? Can we point them out? How many organizations have roots in Saudi Arabia? Pretty much all of them. Lets not complicate the matters by buying into things we know to be false or dodgy at best.

For me, the purest form of this beautiful sport remains sitting down at a small sandlot in Lagos or Lokoja or wherever and watching youngsters playing with joy just for the heck of it...even these days, that's hard to do with agents floating all over the place and kids in it fully for the money or to be discovered. The sport is about the money, blood money smells everywhere. I know it. You know it.
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

platinum wrote:
oloye wrote:This is what happens when politics drifts into football...what has Barcelona got to do with their shenanigans...oops i forget..they collected blood money from terrorist sponsoring country called Qatar!
We need to be very careful with these kinds of proclamations. They took money from the airline just like chelsea and many british clubs have taken money from oil moguls. Actually, if we're going to be farcical about it, why do we bother with the sport at all? If I start describing the sources of money that goes to every European club, it'll fill you with utter disgust. If you sit down and watch the sport and comment on big games and managers and lap up the whole thing with glee and enjoyment, you are as complicit as FC Barcelona. I am as complicit as FC Barcelona.

Saudi Arabia's stance on this clearly has little to do with terrorism. It doesn't need a leap of logic to understand that they are the biggest supporters and genesis of the whole shebang. They have other issues with Qatar. How many terrorists did Qatar sponsor? Can we point them out? How many organizations have roots in Saudi Arabia? Pretty much all of them. Lets not complicate the matters by buying into things we know to be false or dodgy at best.

For me, the purest form of this beautiful sport remains sitting down at a small sandlot in Lagos or Lokoja or wherever and watching youngsters playing with joy just for the heck of it...even these days, that's hard to do with agents floating all over the place and kids in it fully for the money or to be discovered. The sport is about the money, blood money smells everywhere. I know it. You know it.
I am not against Barca....to start with Saudi has no leg to stand upon. I still feel like am dreaming when this stand off between Quatar and the other gulf states began....i mean Saudi pointing fingers? Then i quickly realised that with the spate of terrorist attacks now hitting the west Saudi needs to quickly cover their behind...in Qatar they got a fall guy.

That said it is Saudi that am actually mocking with my take! Nevertheless Barca have also landed themselves in some real murky waters because this kind of noise is not good for them, especially if Saudi manage to make this stick. But hey since money and oil is involved they would be fine,so also Qatar....
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Na wa for this Arab sha
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Senegal head no dey house. They also stopped diplomatic ties with Qatar. My terrorist is better than your terrorist situation.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

ohenhen1 wrote:Senegal head no dey house. They also stopped diplomatic ties with Qatar. My terrorist is better than your terrorist situation.
When your bills are being paid by massa, dem bo born the person well make e nor jump when massa wants some entertainment :lol:

platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

oloye wrote:
platinum wrote:

I am not against Barca....to start with Saudi has no leg to stand upon. I still feel like am dreaming when this stand off between Quatar and the other gulf states began....i mean Saudi pointing fingers? Then i quickly realised that with the spate of terrorist attacks now hitting the west Saudi needs to quickly cover their behind...in Qatar they got a fall guy.

That said it is Saudi that am actually mocking with my take! Nevertheless Barca have also landed themselves in some real murky waters because this kind of noise is not good for them, especially if Saudi manage to make this stick. But hey since money and oil is involved they would be fine,so also Qatar....

I am SICK of the money in the game. If anything will dull my love of the sport, it will be the money factor.
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

...Saudis flexing muscles because they have con man Trump backing them. They unleashed the 9/11 terrorists, and yet nothing has been done to them. Idiotic mofos.
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

mcal wrote:...Saudis flexing muscles because they have con man Trump backing them. They unleashed the 9/11 terrorists, and yet nothing has been done to them. Idiotic mofos.
At least he didn't bow to the Saudis like your boy Obama.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

ohenhen1 wrote:
mcal wrote:...Saudis flexing muscles because they have con man Trump backing them. They unleashed the 9/11 terrorists, and yet nothing has been done to them. Idiotic mofos.

One bowed, one curtsied. The only ridiculous notion would be thinking either man wasn't/isn't in the pockets of Saudi Arabia.
felarey
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by felarey »

£120,000 and a 15-year prison sentence for wearing a shirt??? That in itself is terror.
"Winning one trophy is good, I tell you. No matter what trophy it might be, you've got to take it.” - Sir Alex Ferguson

ENGLISH PREMIERSHIP CHAMP20NS, UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE WINN3RS
Guv007
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Guv007 »

ohenhen1 wrote:

He did and curtsied like a house girl. :taunt:
Red Dwarf - Legion

Rimmer: Step up to Red Alert
Kryten: Sir, are you absolutely sure? It does mean changing the bulb.
Rimmer: There's always some excuse, isn't there?
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

ohenhen1 wrote:
...go watch his visit again, his dancing with the killers, his daughter getting $100 million gift. Follow the money, that's how Trumpie is going down.