Little known Musona highest scoring Afcon player EVER

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Comrade Machel
Eaglet
Eaglet
Little known Musona highest scoring Afcon player EVER

Post by Comrade Machel »

:thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

Playing for a big team isn't a true measure of a football player :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: Zims captain has now scored more goals in the afcon games than any other player despite playing less games than others :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

http://www.herald.co.zw/flying-warrior/
Ratlala :thumbs: :D

https://youtu.be/8CZLsYase0Q
The Eagle
Egg
Egg
Re: Little known Musona highest scoring Afcon player EVER

Post by The Eagle »

Samora Machel wrote:Re: Little known Musona highest scoring Afcon player EVER
I am not an Englishman, but my limited understanding of English leads me to the conclusion that the article said he was the highest scorer in the last SEVEN YEARS .... and it seems to me this "record" exists only via goals scored in the qualifiers. I don't wish to sound uncharitable, but by way of example, Sunday Mba's two goals in seven years are ultimately more important.

Still, congratulations to Musona on his prolific scoring in the qualifiers.
The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects the wind to change; the realist adjusts his sails.
Don't believe anything until it has been officially denied.
If you are controversial, you will lose some votes. If you are courageous, you will lose the election.
zee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by zee »

The Eagle wrote:
I am not an Englishman, but my limited understanding of English leads me to the conclusion that the article said he was the highest scorer in the last SEVEN YEARS .... and it seems to me this "record" exists only via goals scored in the qualifiers. I don't wish to sound uncharitable, but by way of example, Sunday Mba's two goals in seven years are ultimately more important.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :clap: :clap: :clap:
"Today we remember Nigeria and Africa football legend, Late Coach Stephen Okechukwu Keshi who passed on, on june 7th 2016. Thank you for the memories ‘The Big Boss.’ We can never forget you"............Kanu Nwankwo
Polly
Egg
Egg

Post by Polly »

In other words, in what year did Musona win AFCON?
Comrade Machel
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Comrade Machel »

The Eagle wrote:

Thankfully you acknowledged you might be misunderstanding english :thumbs: If you read it mentions players who have scored 50 goals for their country in Afcon games and goes on to mention two players who haven't kicked a football in over 10 years as in Rashid Yekini and Zambias Godfrey Chitalu who played in the 1980s. So you see its not talking about 7 years but going back into afcon history till now :clap: :clap:

You can thank me later

The Eagle
Egg
Egg

Post by The Eagle »

Samora Machel wrote:
The Eagle wrote:

Thankfully you acknowledged you might be misunderstanding english :thumbs: If you read it mentions players who have scored 50 goals for their country in Afcon games and goes on to mention two players who haven't kicked a football in over 10 years as in Rashid Yekini and Zambias Godfrey Chitalu who played in the 1980s. So you see its not talking about 7 years but going back into afcon history till now :clap: :clap:

You can thank me later
As always I defer to your mastery of English, and can only assume you did not exercise it when reading the article. :)

PS: It was a poorly organized article, yes, but come on man .... seriously?
The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects the wind to change; the realist adjusts his sails.
If you are controversial, you will lose some votes. If you are courageous, you will lose the election.
Comrade Machel
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Comrade Machel »

The Eagle wrote:
Samora Machel wrote:
The Eagle wrote:

You can thank me later
As always I defer to your mastery of English, and can only assume you did not exercise it when reading the article. :)

PS: It was a poorly organized article, yes, but come on man .... seriously?
Now imagine Naija had Musona leading their attack at a world cup or that great ghana team in 2010 if they had Musona not Gyan as their arrowhead at the world cup they would have won the damn thing :taunt: :thumbs: :scared: :tic:

YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by YUJAM »

Isn't this the guy they call Knowledge Musona? :lol:

If it is him, he is not little known. He is a pro on the Belgian first dub and is one of the better African players in that league. Recently Knowledgw went to court for gambling against his own team
Ghana's First President Kwame Nkrumah said: "We face neither East nor West; we face Forward"
The Eagle
Egg
Egg

Post by The Eagle »

Samora Machel wrote:Now imagine Naija had Musona leading their attack at a world cup or that great ghana team in 2010 if they had Musona not Gyan as their arrowhead at the world cup they would have won the damn thing :taunt: :thumbs: :scared: :tic:
You still have not gone and re-read the article without wearing your nationalistic/patriotic spectacles? Na wa o.

PS: As to your question, since Musona is not as good as virtually every striker I've ever seen playing for the Eagles, I don't think much would have changed if he had been our arrowhead at the World Cup.

PPS: I deliberately said "virtually", to leave open the possibility that Musona might be better than some, like say Kumbur or Ameobi. I pride myself on being objective. :)
Comrade Machel
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Comrade Machel »

YUJAM wrote:Isn't this the guy they call Knowledge Musona? :lol:

If it is him, he is not little known. He is a pro on the Belgian first dub and is one of the better African players in that league. Recently Knowledgw went to court for gambling against his own team
That's him one and the same :thumbs: