SE may move out of "cursed" Uyo.......

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet
SE may move out of "cursed" Uyo.......

Post by Enugu II »

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
BTW, click on link below to see SE records in various stadia across the country. The data does not include matches after March of 2016.

http://eaglecity.blogspot.com/2016/03/q ... y-and.html

Eagles may move from ‘cursed’ Uyo stadium for World Cup qualifier versus Cameroon
http://scorenigeria.com.ng/2017/06/13/e ... -cameroon/
By admin - June 13, 2017159 0
Share on Facebook Tweet on Twitter

The Godswill Akpabio Stadium in Uyo – The Eagles have generally struggled inside the Nest of Champions
Top officials have hinted Super Eagles crunch World Cup qualifier against Cameroon in August may be moved from the Godswill Akpabio Stadium in Uyo because the magnificent arena is “cursed”.

The officials informed SCORENigeria that there is a lingering dispute on the land, which the stadium stands on.

The rightful owners of the land were not compensated and so traditional sacrifices have had to be performed before any Eagles game.

Also, German construction company Julius Berger who built the stadium nicknamed ‘The Nest of Champions’ is still owed several billions of Naira.

Nigeria beat Algeria 3-1 at the same venue in November, but officials said this was only possible because of the sacrifices performed to appease the angry gods of that land.

Interestingly, Nigeria had to fight back to draw South Africa 2-2 at the same venue in 2014, just weeks after it was opened with a lot of fanfare.

The result eliminated the Super Eagles from AFCON 2015 in Equatorial Guinea.

Officials are now contemplating moving the qualifier against Cameroon on August 27 to neighbouring Port Harcourt, which is three hours by road from Uyo.

Port Harcourt was the proud host when Nigeria qualified for the 2002 World Cup at the expense of a determined Liberia led by the legendary George ‘Opong’ Weah.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: SE may move out of "cursed" Uyo.......

Post by Damunk »

Rubbish.
Curse ko, purse ni.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Obong, how far?
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Port Harcourt 8 - 0 - 0.

Nuff said.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

:lol: :lol: :lol: however the land in Uyo is cursed.. get our SE back to Lagos ASAP. Uyo is cursed no amount of native fowl slaughtered will change that curse
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

are they planning on using that stadium wey dem use pillar scatter the stands.. una head no dey house
SuperEagles

kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

danfo driver wrote:Obong, how far?
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”
Undertaker
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Undertaker »

platinum wrote:Image

You read my thoughts....................
I SEE DEAD PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Rawlings
Egg
Egg

Post by Rawlings »

Uyo stadium is really nice
The grass is great
Nwabali -- Aina, Bassey, TroostEkong, Sanusi --- Chukwueze, Aribo, Ndidi, Iwobi --- Osimhem, Sadiq Umar
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

Smh...
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

Strange ,the only stadium with a playable surface is standing on an accursed ground...chai my country..why ,why? Why cant we just get something done the right way. Anyways dem fit give me the contract to supply the 1000 cows they would need to cleanse the place of all the curses!
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

oloye wrote:Strange ,the only stadium with a playable surface is standing on an accursed ground...chai my country..why ,why? Why cant we just get something done the right way. Anyways dem fit give me the contract to supply the 1000 cows they would need to cleanse the place of all the curses!

send a p.m. to Obong. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

oloye wrote:Strange ,the only stadium with a playable surface is standing on an accursed ground...chai my country..why ,why? Why cant we just get something done the right way. Anyways dem fit give me the contract to supply the 1000 cows they would need to cleanse the place of all the curses!
Each cow will go for 50k usd because they are special sacrificial cows imported from Israel. They are the the descendants of the breed used by Solomon....they have cleansing properties....no curse can remain once their blood is sprinkled all over the stadium. 100 of them will have to be buried in the center circle , that one woukd guarantee winning for the next 100yrs. Even if SE do not train they will still win.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

oloye wrote:
Each cow will go for 50k usd because they are special sacrificial cows imported from Israel. They are the the descendants of the breed used by Solomon....they have cleansing properties....no curse can remain once their blood is sprinkled all over the stadium. 100 of them will have to be buried in the center circle , that one woukd guarantee winning for the next 100yrs. Even if SE do not train they will still win.
Are you talking to yourself again?
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
Synopsis
Egg
Egg

Post by Synopsis »

No more matches on grazing pastures. I was impressed with Uyo's pitch. Best stadium in Nigeria.
Obong
Egg
Egg

Post by Obong »

danfo driver wrote:

send a p.m. to Obong. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
danfo driver my man, the curse is really heavy. In fact, one of the men that were involved in the calabash carrying in the story below is a family member. :tic: :lol: :P. One wonders what the budget will be for all the cows, goats and chicken that will need to be slaughtered before we conclude World Cup and AFCON qualifiers.BTW does Pastor Adeboye of the Redeemed Church have a stadium in his backyard?

http://owngoalnigeria.com/2017/06/13/re ... -the-gods/
"WE ARE THE SUPER EAGLES!!!"
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

The Godswill Akpabio stadium has emerged as the traditional home ground for the National team. A stadium built a few years ago by former Akwa Ibom state governor Godswill Akbabio as one of his many legacies for the state after eight years of selfless service has suddenly become a National monument reserved for rescue missions.
Nigeria’s first match at the nest of champions was the friendly with the black stars of Ghana, where homeboy Emem Eduok scored the lone goal to open the stadium on a victorious note.

That victory didn’t come easy though as the home based Super Eagles team struggled for form and pace to defeat a weak Ghana National team.

Since that day, till date, the Super Eagles have always found life rather unbearable not only on a bad surface, but also in an environment full of many off field distractions. The team camp site at the Le Meridien hotel is a 45 minutes drive from the stadium but beyond that, the hotel is always a behive of activities anytime the Eagles are in camp. Most times, the players are lodged in the first and second floors in the B wing of the hotel, while the C and D wings are reserved for other purposes not to be discussed here.

The stadium has brought us more sorrows than joy, our boys have laboured in vain on several ocassion to impress but the result, is not always commiserate with our performance on the day. What really could be responsible for this?

Well trust me to always dig deep.

In my desperate need for an answer to this begging question, i came across a 65 year old palmwine tapper, who told me he was born and bred up in Itam, a town, just on the outskirt of the state. He was at the stadium on that day to see the match and like everyone, he left the venue disapppointed after another poor result.

He accosted me just as i was about to board a keke napep to the Super Eagles hotel. Am sure he saw the media tag on my neck so he decided to speak out all he had stocked in his head for well over two years.

Are you a midiea man (media man ) he said in the usual Calabar intonation. I said yes as he pleaded we enter the keke together. Off we go! and soon, the discussions began.

” My names are Joshua Effiong Bassey he said smiling. I am a son of the soil from Itam in Cross Rivers state. My son, this story i am about to tell you is very important to the future successes of the Super Eagles at the Godswill Akpabio stadium. The gods of the land are angry and must be apoeased urgently he said grinning his teeth. How do you mean i retorted?

That land where the stadium is situated is a cursed land he said smiling. Till this day, the owners of the land are crying that they were not properly compensated by those who bought the property. The sellers are not the original owners of the land, it was a disputed property and they took advantage of their connections in government to sell the land without consulting our fathers who toiled for several years to make the place very fertile for football.

These old men are women are wallowing in abject poverty in those small villages around the stadium while some persons continue to enjoy from.their sweat. They have built mansions for themselves in Uyo, they have married new wives and sent the former ones away. Those women too have joined in raining curses on the land which is their source of wealth.

Before the match with Algeria, these men came to appease the land, they offered sacrifices to the gods and we made all the necessary atonements. That was how we got a resounding victory. Men were standing with calabash on their head while the game was going on, they were busy figthing some unknown spirits living far and near. That match almost went bad when the Algerians made it 2-1 but Victor Moses emerged with the third and everyone was happy on the day.

None of you including you journalists who claim to know so much, knew what was happening three forests behind the stadium.

For this game, we started appeasing the gods since friday last week, we had gone so far but as at Saturday morning, they refused to show up with the money, they were not there to fulfil all the promises made so we called on the rain and it came with thunderstorm. The whole sacrifices done in five days of sleepless nights was washed away in just six hours . It was tough all night. I was there, my mother is from this village, i am 65 but my mother is still very much alive. She is a victim and i have sworn to help her fight for her rights. If that money was paid before 12AM on Saturday, the scoreline would have been 3-0 in favour of Nigeria but because they renaged on their promise, we reversed everything Mr Joshua concluded”

I went on to ask more questions and answers were promtly provided but these answers will be kept for my next publication which should be out latest Saturday this week.

Before this latest defeat, the Eagles struggled and lost 1-0 to Uganda at the Godswill Akpabio stadium, drew 2-2 with South Africa, a result that ended Nigeria’s 2015 Nations cup dreams and defeated Tanzania 1-0 in another hard earned victory.

The 3-1 win against Algeria remains the only sweet victory recorded by the Super Eagles on this pitch. Now some eggheads of the football house have started the search for a new home ground for the Eagles ahead of the World cup qualifying match with Cameroon in September. These men are not also happy at the fans for their mute support. They hardly sing when their National team is down. Even when we needed their support it was not forthcoming. One thing about fans at the National stadium in Abuja, even if we have 5,000 fans present, they will remind the boys of the need for goals. You will see the mexican wave and you will hear ‘ALL WE ARE SAYING, GIVE US ONE GOAL’.

That was not there on Saturday. Coupled with the fact that we had a divided supporters club before the game, everyone just went quiet.

Let’s not see this as another joke, lets investigate the possibilities seriously and take out what is needed going forward one top official said in a telephone conversation.
We cannot afford to draw with Cameroon talkless of losing another said.

A word should be enough for the wise.

…. Report compiled by staff reporter of NSM in Uyo.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
SuperEagles

Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

To be honest the turf in Uyo looked excellent,they'll move the Super Eagles as usual like they did when Nigeria missed out on Germany O6 against Angola in the aptly named Sani Abacha stadium ( who can forget the man that got Nigeria to miss 2 Afcons for pulling the then Champions out of the 96 Afcon in South Africa) and the move will bring them to a ground that is not fit for international football once again with dry and rough turf and we'll cause the fans and the NFF to go around in circles blaming it on this and that when results don't go their way Nigeria is cursed not Uyo because they never learn!
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

our BIGGEST curse is that Rohr is our coach in 2017. Might as well bring back Pa Oni.
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Bigpokey24 wrote::lol: :lol: :lol: however the land in Uyo is cursed.. get our SE back to Lagos ASAP. Uyo is cursed no amount of native fowl slaughtered will change that curse
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Dis man sef, na wah for you!
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Synopsis
Egg
Egg

Post by Synopsis »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:our BIGGEST curse is that Rohr is our coach in 2017. Might as well bring back Pa Oni.
Who would do a better job?
jb
Egg
Egg

Post by jb »

Rawlings wrote:Uyo stadium is really nice
The grass is great
Then give the Fulani herdsmen access.