Cameroun 0 - 2 Chile (FT) Confed Cup

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

100%Naija
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Cameroon vs Chile on Sunday

Post by 100%Naija »

Easy now, if our team was so great, we would have been the ones representing Africa. Yes, the Plantainians choked but lets not forget we didnt even get a chance to choke...
I'm the biggest boss that you've seen thus far, Reppin' PH & NGR to the Fullest
http://forum.cybereagles.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=158494
Babafad wrote: My brother, dis money go scatter akara for inside oil. Just dey watch!
Comrade Machel
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Comrade Machel »

Odas wrote:Granted they lost, I think Cameroon played very well. The first goal sucked energy out of them, else they were pinning the Chileans on a half-field mark
They played better than I expected I must admit. Mukanjo was useless
Ratlala :thumbs: :D

https://youtu.be/8CZLsYase0Q
lionga
Egg
Egg

Post by lionga »

Scipio Africanus wrote:I no like dis VAR at all at all :curse:
Benedict Iroha wrote:This NFL style $#% is getting ridiculous
Undertaker wrote:FIFA and their corrupt video refs..... they should just let all teams record their goal celebration and play them for us after the video assistant rubbish!
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Undertaker wrote:
bret- hart wrote:
100%Naija wrote:
Scipio Africanus wrote:I no like dis VAR at all at all :curse:
Wetin e do you? Bobo is a plain hustler. Na Sanchez co-pest brother e be

He was talking about Video replay
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Kako
Egg
Egg

Post by Kako »

Samora Machel wrote:
Scipio Africanus wrote:Useless plantain eating vulcanizers! :curse: To think I actually believed they could win this game. :curse: 1 win in 15 WC games! :curse: Against Saudi Arabia by the fearsome score of 1-0! :-x

:rotf: :rotf:
:lol: :lol:
Ara lao mada o, ao ni daran.
Arambara!

Ohamadike of Ijebu Igbo in Biafra land

I am a cat face yorobber son of Afonja skull miner!
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

txj wrote:
Samora Machel wrote:
Tobi17 wrote:Cameroon are the African champs, give them some respect....
They played well and should build on it. Let down by impotent strike force

Save for a 15min spell in the 2HF, they looked like deer caught in the headlights, and for the life of me I don't understand why...

Personally, coming into this game, I rated them higher than this Chilean team.

If you are African champions you should play like it!

Embarrassing!
The African standard of football hasn't been of quality lately so I wouldn't expect so much from a team representing Africa at the world stage, Cameroon for their standards didn't do badly against better prepared Chile team.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Odas wrote:Again "HEADING" gave the Chileans the victory. Can our team (the SE) head like that? Who do we have that can score a goal for us from heading?
Lol, it's more about the accurate pass than the heading, the pass took out 2 defenders left them stranded in no mans land lol. Which one of our wingers sans Moses can give an accurate pass/cross?
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
The Goddess
Egg
Egg

Post by The Goddess »

Odas wrote:Granted they lost, I think Cameroon played very well. The first goal sucked energy out of them, else they were pinning the Chileans on a half-field mark
They didnt play poorly. But the injury of Oyongo has really handicapped the team. Fai was forced to play on the otherside where all the dangerous attacks came. Broos is really a very very poor coach with a big mouth. This defeat should bring him back to earth. Choupo Moting, Clinton Njie etc are still needed on this team.
Undertaker
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Undertaker »

100%Naija wrote:
Bigpokey24 wrote:100%, olodo..dey call vidal VAR... :rotf: abeg make una call the thing VHS..to help the Detroit dropout :D
i read it as vargas...yes even the best of the best makes mistake sometimes. As for you, olodo 50 years old still living in mummy basement. who you ep? :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:

BP is saving to buy a house ooooo...He has been saving for 10 years. 20 more years to go? That was why he missed Brazil 2014!
I SEE DEAD PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Comrade Machel
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Comrade Machel »

African teams struggle to pass and keep the ball on the ground. So many times they lost possession due to errant passing and loose control. Simple pass they were struggling with in second half and of course they played without a striker as the guy did nothing :cry:
Ratlala :thumbs: :D

https://youtu.be/8CZLsYase0Q
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

Seriously I think Cameroon need to call Choupo Moting back...he is more cerebral than Aboubakar who is just all gragra and brawn
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

maceo4 wrote:
txj wrote:
Samora Machel wrote:

Save for a 15min spell in the 2HF, they looked like deer caught in the headlights, and for the life of me I don't understand why...

Embarrassing!
Huh? Rated them higher than Chile based on what? Chile is ranked much higher than them with stars on their team, when Naija went last time how did we do? Being champs of Africa doesn't mean jack when African teams are sh1t...
The ranking is meaningless...They are sh1t cus they played sh1te football...
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

..."they will probably get beaten 5-0"

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

They did not CEDIS coming
Naira Did We :rotf: :rotf:

Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Well, let's what Cameroon will do in the next two games. They might win both and qualify for the next round
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

tfco wrote::twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

..."they will probably get beaten 5-0"
Why are you posting this now? Isn't this a little late?
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
folem
Egg
Egg

Post by folem »

maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

txj wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
txj wrote:
Samora Machel wrote:

Embarrassing!
Huh? Rated them higher than Chile based on what? Chile is ranked much higher than them with stars on their team, when Naija went last time how did we do? Being champs of Africa doesn't mean jack when African teams are sh1t...
Lol clearly the ranking didn't lie as we saw today, so can't be completely useless...the Chilean coach would have been in deep soup if they didn't win while Cameroon coach would have been praised for a draw. The gulf in class is quite evident to the neutral fan.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

maceo4 wrote:
txj wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
txj wrote:
Samora Machel wrote:

Embarrassing!
Lol clearly the ranking didn't lie as we saw today, so can't be completely useless...the Chilean coach would have been in deep soup if they didn't win while Cameroon coach would have been praised for a draw. The gulf in class is quite evident to the neutral fan.
I'm not disagreeing with you on the lack of quality play from CAM. Had Chile being a more efficient team, the game would've over by the 5th min...

My point is that this really shouldn't be the case, based on the personnel resources available to both teams.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Camerou 0 - 2 Chile (FT) Confed Cup

Post by txj »

Meanwhile Italy 2 Denmark 0

Thelastoneleft
Egg
Egg

Post by Thelastoneleft »

Useless country. African champions my nyash. Worst and least deserving ANC winner ever. They shall be disgraced and embarrassed by Die Mannschaft
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Thelastoneleft wrote:Useless country. African champions my nyash. Worst and least deserving ANC winner ever. They shall be disgraced and embarrassed by Die Mannschaft
Haba, how did we do last time? I'm sure they'll get a consolation win vs New Zealand like we did vs Tahiti. It's all good sha.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tbite »

maceo4 wrote:
Thelastoneleft wrote:Useless country. African champions my nyash. Worst and least deserving ANC winner ever. They shall be disgraced and embarrassed by Die Mannschaft
Haba, how did we do last time? I'm sure they'll get a consolation win vs New Zealand like we did vs Tahiti. It's all good sha.
Our own problem was our bench was filled with wastepipes! Our first 11 were actually decent! They gave the World Champions Spain a very good Spain! It was ONLY the subs from Spain's bench that took the match out of our grasp.
Buhari, whose two terms thankfully ground to a constitutional halt in May. (One thing both democracies have going for them is that their leaders, however bad, have only two terms to swing the wrecking ball.) Under Buhari, growth per head also plunged to 0. An economic agenda drawn from the dusty pages of a 1970s protectionist handbook failed to do the trick. Despite Buhari’s promise to tame terrorism and criminality, violence flourished. Despite his reputation for probity, corruption swirled. FT
camex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by camex »

Has Abubakar not pulled the chilean we would have scored a goal.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Tbite wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
Our own problem was our bench was filled with wastepipes! Our first 11 were actually decent! They gave the World Champions Spain a very good Spain! It was ONLY the subs from Spain's bench that took the match out of our grasp.
We got whopped, haba, we couldn't even tie a useless aging Uruguay...
Super Eagus 4 Life!