FULL MATCH RECORDING: Nigeria 0 South Africa 2

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet
FULL MATCH RECORDING: Nigeria 0 South Africa 2

Post by Enugu II »

Link:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=42HZyaC_UAs

Resole your ratings of Onazi, Awaziem, Etebo, etc. Also watch both goals and who to blame.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: FULL MATCH RECORDING: Nigeria 0 South Africa 2

Post by The YeyeMan »

You expect me to watch that horror show again?
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

The YeyeMan wrote:You expect me to watch that horror show again?
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: The Yeyeman, I understand how you feel but if you did you will notice Nigeria dominating most of the game until they went behind. the problem, however, is that in spite of the domination no real danger for South Africa.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

Enugu II wrote:
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: The Yeyeman, I understand how you feel but if you did you will notice Nigeria dominating most of the game until they went behind. the problem, however, is that in spite of the domination no real danger for South Africa.
Nigeria dominated possession but SA looked more threatening when they had the ball.

Sterile possession is what the experts call it. :lol:
danfo driver quotes:
-
Cellular quotes:

© The YeyeMan 2024
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: I won't either. Apart from losing, the game was too boring, such that I left after the first half only to see a 2-0 loss for us. At first, I thought something was wrong with my eyes. Later, I thought the "Thread Starter" made a mistake by giving our goals to South Africa. Unfortunately for me, all what I feared was correct.
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

Btw, what's to resolve on Awaziem's performance? Are you saying he played well?
danfo driver quotes:
-
Cellular quotes:

© The YeyeMan 2024
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

The YeyeMan wrote:Btw, what's to resolve on Awaziem's performance? Are you saying he played well?
No. He made mistakes but I think he is being excoriated because of the loss. He actually played much better than we have seen Omeruo in games.
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

...too painful to watch, I'll pass.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

The YeyeMan wrote:Btw, what's to resolve on Awaziem's performance? Are you saying he played well?
He played very well. AND I STAND BY THAT STATEMENT! I watched him closely and I was very impressed. He was jittery about 2 times, during the game, but his performance was very good.

The problem, from a defensive point of view was two things:

1. Onazi is NOT a defensive midfielder. Thats a fact. He doesnt have the positioning to protect the CBs the way a true DM does.

2. Echiejile is a worthless football player. he may very well be a good person, but as a footballer, he is one of the worst I have ever seen. His positioning on that left is atrocious, and his inability to recover when he goes forward, leaves the defenders completely open.

Shehu didnt make things easier, as the South Africans went after us from the wings, but if you watch the way they came at us, the two culprits were Onazi (at DM) and Echiejile.

p.s-- What angers me most about Onazi is that I actually was a huge fan of his 3 years ago. I remember at the world cup vs France, he dominated Pogba. The French had to injure him, in order to have a chance. He was a beast! To watch him show little regard for his career and end up in Turkey annoys me so much.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
asabatex
Egg
Egg

Post by asabatex »

The defense is at fault for both goals, but Akpeyi is completelt useless. He should have fouled the South African player on the second goal.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

asabatex wrote:The defense is at fault for both goals, but Akpeyi is completelt useless. He should have fouled the South African player on the second goal.
I disagree. Well, at least for the 2nd goal. We had a freekick, the two CB went forward to head the ball. Where were the defensive midfielders and the wing backs who should have stayed back. In fact, the likes of Musa should have stayed back since he is fast and he is not tall. he would have been perfect to protect against the counter.

As for the first goal, the cross from the left should never have come in.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

danfo driver wrote:
He played very well. AND I STAND BY THAT STATEMENT! I watched him closely and I was very impressed. He was jittery about 2 times, during the game, but his performance was very good.

1. Onazi is NOT a defensive midfielder. Thats a fact. He doesnt have the positioning to protect the CBs the way a true DM does.

2. Echiejile is a worthless football player. he may very well be a good person, but as a footballer, he is one of the worst I have ever seen. His positioning on that left is atrocious, and his inability to recover when he goes forward, leaves the defenders completely open.

Shehu didnt make things easier, as the South Africans went after us from the wings, but if you watch the way they came at us, the two culprits were Onazi (at DM) and Echiejile.

p.s-- What angers me most about Onazi is that I actually was a huge fan of his 3 years ago. I remember at the world cup vs France, he dominated Pogba. The French had to injure him, in order to have a chance. He was a beast! To watch him show little regard for his career and end up in Turkey annoys me so much.

Onazi is own his way back to Italy with Fiorentina interested in signing him.
I am happy
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

maybe its just me who isn't too bothered about the result cause I pretty much saw it coming, for a while we were riding on a false crest of "we are back to winning ways" while beating teams like Luxembourg, a hapless Algerian team, a weak Zambian team, and a team B Togolese team...we met real opposition and fumbled but lessons have been learned...for starters never again should Ihenacho be played as a lone striker especially with a MF that lacks the creative players short of decent/average players like Ndidi and Etebo (we seriously need creative midfielders, Rohr really has to get to work fast on this one, apart from an aging Mikel we can try out young players like Ajagun, Nwakali, heck even the Alhassan guy can be tested out in that role since he has that guile and technique of Kanu at least based on what I've seen in his games so far....) I also hope it won't be a far reaching wish that we somehow get the English-born Nigerian boys like Onomah, Ejaria,Lookman and Sheyi to play for us before England...and Echejilie should never wear the GWG again, dude is washed up and just too one dimensional for my liking, surely its time for the likes of Aina(what's up with him this days?) and Moruf to be tried out in that position, and of course with the return of Victor Moses, Isaac, Mikel, Ideye, and Ikeme,...we should hopefully get some balance in this team.

abeg what happened to the likes of Bazee, Onyekuru, Aina? those guys are talents we seriously need to build on.
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

Enugu II wrote:Link:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=42HZyaC_UAs

Resole your ratings of Onazi, Awaziem, Etebo, etc. Also watch both goals and who to blame.

No thanks. Let TFCO and Rawlings watch it as many times as they like. That horror show is for enemies of Nigeria to watch.
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
lacidi
Egg
Egg

Post by lacidi »

Awaziem was the worst defender in the team.
Its nice when someone shoots ur murderer in the back, without asking to be paid.
papilo
Egg
Egg

Post by papilo »

Enugu II wrote:
You are right to a certain extent. We dominated possession of the ball but had no shot on goal all game. That is not good enough. I like possession football but if you play 90 minutes without a shot on goal, even if you have 80% possession, you have had a bad game.
yes o
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

you know it is that bad for you when you have Onazi and Etebo as your most creative players...its an insult to the prestige and legacy of a team that produced the likes of Kanu, JJ, Amunike etc, you can't play ball hustlers as your creative channels, its simply asking for trouble. Rohr should have at least tried Alhassan Mu'azam in that attacking midfield role since the lad has all the cerebral qualities of a Kanu Nwankwo, I guess the coach doesn't have much faith in him cause he is home based...the earlier we realize the likes of Onazi, Etebo, Echejilie, Awaziem, Akpeyi are not starting players the better for us, even Iwobi needs to be benched in our games ahead...and never again should Nacho play as a lone striker, he is a damn support striker and he excels in that role playing behind a striker with good hold up play like Ideye.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

The following players should never be invited to the SE again
1. Akpeyi
2.Simon Moses
3. Chidozie Awazie or whatever his name is, no ball sense, can't jump ..what a huge wastepipe
4 .Shehu Abdulahi

these players aren't good enough at all, pure rubbish
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

danfo driver wrote:

On Onazi, I remember him as a box to box player. He is not disciplined enough to be a DM. He is a very good destroyer in the CM role. We also dont know the effect of that injury vs. the French.
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB Nvidia GT755M | 16GB DDR3L | 1000GB SSD | N2230 | LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: Lenovo Legion 5 Pro: Ryzen 7 5800H | 32GB DDR4 | 2000GB SSD | 8GB NVidia RTX3070 - Windows 11 Pro
HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

I cant believe I would live to see the day my beloved Eagles would lose to South fuuking Africa. :curse: This game loss fd up my whole weekend mehn. Geeria Rhor better make things right in August/September. 6pts vs those vile cameroonians will somewhat erase this horror show.
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

A number of observations:

1. Some things are sacred in football. Apparently, Rhor does not seem to realize that so maybe we should rethink his suitability to coach Nigeria. Under no circumstances should anyone have been allowed to wear the 10 shirt in Mikel's abscence.

2. Nigeria cannot and will not succeed with an under 23 team. Ndidi, Etebo, Shehu and Awaziem may have potential but they are just not ready. We need experience badly. Omeruo and Ambrose must be brought back into the mix immediately.

3. Those who think Simon is a suitable option for Ahmed Musa ought to have their heads examined.

4. Mikel is the only thing Nigeria has going for her. Without Mikel, the SuperEagles are just a B team, sorry to say :!: :!: :!:

Cheers.
Last edited by TonyTheTigerKiller on Tue Jun 13, 2017 1:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tbite »

You couldn't pay me enough money to watch this again.
Buhari, whose two terms thankfully ground to a constitutional halt in May. (One thing both democracies have going for them is that their leaders, however bad, have only two terms to swing the wrecking ball.) Under Buhari, growth per head also plunged to 0. An economic agenda drawn from the dusty pages of a 1970s protectionist handbook failed to do the trick. Despite Buhari’s promise to tame terrorism and criminality, violence flourished. Despite his reputation for probity, corruption swirled. FT