Rohr – I Rejected Bribes From Agents

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Rohr – I Rejected Bribes From Agents

Post by Gotti »

Dammy wrote:Hmmmmmmm

Rohr – I Rejected Bribes From Agents Who Want Their Players In Super Eagles
June 17, 2017
Nigeria
IMG_3107

The coach of the senior national team of Nigeria Gernot Rohr says only the best players will be called up to the senior national team of Nigeria despite push from agents to get their players in the team.

Ade Ojeikere of Sportinglife reports the manager made the statement on Friday morning through one of his aide, who also confirmed that the manager rejected bribes and lobbies from European club agents who want their players in the team.

Rohr’s aide revealed further that the manager closely monitors his players along with his assistants before picking those who are ready for the Nigeria assignment.

The coach is even ready to show his employers the indices he uses to pick players for the country’s international matches.

“‘ Rohr recognises the mistakes made by the largely inexperienced side. He knows how to come out of it, but he wouldn’t want to divulge ‎his strategy since the world is a global village.

” Our next game is against Cameroon and happily they are busy in the Confederations Cup, which give us enough time to watch them”, Rohr’s aide said.

Ade Emmanuel

http://owngoalnigeria.com/2017/06/17/ro ... er-eagles/
Stopped reading at Ade Ojeikere.. :atc:

Now on to the CE comments.
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

Cellular wrote:
Kneedeep wrote:What does this have to do with anything? No names, just formless accusations. Is he planning to take the bribes if we keep losing? Is this a new occurrence?

What's the point of this allegation? Your best players lost miserably, at home. Where do agents come in?
In the past, Ade Ojeikere typically accuses the coaches of tribalism with the selection.

Now, he got beat because agents didn't succeed in pushing undeserving players on him. :P :taunt:
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

zee wrote:
cic old boy wrote:Maybe the money they offered wasn't enough.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

txj wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:simple...if true, name the agents and report them to the right authorities (EFCC?). What's the use of having Ade Ojiekere reporting it alongside his standard he-said-she-said rumors?
Why do peeps write like this?
Its as ridiculous as the picture you have on your signature...
Because other 'peeps' make the same demand of indigenous coaches... :roll:
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

Enugu II wrote:
vancity eagle wrote:of course this is true.

Do you think it is a coincidence that the only coach who has exposed this just so happens to choose the best squads ?

Because he is not accepting junks into the team based on bribes.

SSS, Oliseh, and Keshi were all highly compromised and it showed with them calling up all manner of junks which all added to destroying the SE
Actually local coaches have said the same. Maybe a white coach saying the same stuff suddenly makes a difference

It was waved off as an "excuse" when indigenous coaches said it...
But when someone says that someone said that Oyinbo coach said it, even EFCC is superfluous. SMDH
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Kneedeep
Egg
Egg

Post by Kneedeep »

Gotti wrote:
Cellular wrote:
Kneedeep wrote:What does this have to do with anything? No names, just formless accusations. Is he planning to take the bribes if we keep losing? Is this a new occurrence?

What's the point of this allegation? Your best players lost miserably, at home. Where do agents come in?
In the past, Ade Ojeikere typically accuses the coaches of tribalism with the selection.

Now, he got beat because agents didn't succeed in pushing undeserving players on him. :P :taunt:
This is the only logical conclusion one can reach from the statements :???: .
Advocating rational thought since 1987
Kneedeep
Egg
Egg

Post by Kneedeep »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:

he is learning fast. Throw red meat at the natives, and they will focus on that, instead of the loss(es).
And we keep falling for the same trick, even when we are informed it's a trick.
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

Name the players, agents, and clubs or shut the hell up. This is the work of Naija handlers.
O-Qua Tangin Wann! Die with memories, not dreams.™

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

Kneedeep wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:

he is learning fast. Throw red meat at the natives, and they will focus on that, instead of the loss(es).
And we keep falling for the same trick, even when we are informed it's a trick.
Oga txj instructs us to keep falling for it :veryangry: :veryangry: :veryangry:
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

theYemster wrote:Name the players, agents, and clubs or shut the hell up. This is the work of Naija handlers.

No comments... :lol: :lol: :lol:
AFCON 2019 sweet o

oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

He does not need to name anybody just to entertain anyone. The truth is this activity goes on in the Super Eagles, anyone who has visited the team in their hotels when they have matches should wonder why so many agents in the camp. Having your player as an international is a booster for their career...part of what makes a good agent is to represent his client in everyway that enhances their career....and i mean in anyway!
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

oloye wrote:He does not need to name anybody just to entertain anyone. The truth is this activity goes on in the Super Eagles, anyone who has visited the team in their hotels when they have matches should wonder why so many agents in the camp. Having your player as an international is a booster for their career...part of what makes a good agent is to represent his client in everyway that enhances their career....and i mean in anyway!

then he should not have talked about it.
AFCON 2019 sweet o

txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

oloye wrote:He does not need to name anybody just to entertain anyone. The truth is this activity goes on in the Super Eagles, anyone who has visited the team in their hotels when they have matches should wonder why so many agents in the camp. Having your player as an international is a booster for their career...part of what makes a good agent is to represent his client in everyway that enhances their career....and i mean in anyway!
We all know that these shenanigans have become a staple of the SE, irrespective of who the coach is. People who minimize it or talk crap about EFCC are simply enablers of the status quo.

How this translates to being an excuse beats me. I recall that these same slew of characters equally ridiculed Oliseh when he made similar statements.
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

That's why I don't understand the hoopla.

Who amongst the people who played has a secured spot?

If he had decided to bench Iwobi or Iheanacho we would probably have said, Oyibo-knows-best.

There's is no single player on that team that is unbenchable. So the agents are within their rights to push for their clients to be on the team.

And now that he lost to SA at home by a <sic> scandalous margin, the pressure will even be more.

In the famous words of Al Davis, "Just Win Baby!"

Next game sef, I go push my own 'clients' (work no pay)... Adi, Nwakali and Azubuike Okechukwu. I no see what the folks who played ahead of them played sef. :? :(
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

txj wrote:We all know that these shenanigans have become a staple of the SE, irrespective of who the coach is. People who minimize it or talk crap about EFCC are simply enablers of the status quo.

How this translates to being an excuse beats me. I recall that these same slew of characters equally ridiculed Oliseh when he made similar statements.
Abegi, don't use Oliseh to becloud your stark WOWO hypocrisy...
When Keshi and Siasia said they were being attacked for rejecting agents' clients, don't recall your support. SDMH
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

Bros, with all due respect, this fake news is TRASH...

For starters, if Rohr had anything to say he would have said it himself in the many press conferences that he's had. So, if you truly believe that he asked some anonymous "aide" to tell Ade Ojeikere to publish that he's being criticized because he declined bribe from agents to call up their players, then I have a bridge in Lekki to sell to you. What I truly detest is dishonest conversation and folks who try to insult our intelligence. Didn't YOU Oloye criticize Rohr and the team after the game? Have you left your gig in Ireland and failed to inform us your brothers on this forum that you have since become an agent? Abegi, let's call a spade a spade and quit with the obtuse obfuscation - if we persist in engaging in dishonest and disingenuous diversions instead of squarely facing and addressing our real shortcomings (in other words, chasing shadows in derogation of substance), then we are headed to even bigger failure in future - possibly failing to qualify for WC 2018.
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Cellular wrote:

If he had decided to bench Iwobi or Iheanacho we would probably have said, Oyibo-knows-best.

There's is no single player on that team that is unbenchable. So the agents are within their rights to push for their clients to be on the team.

And now that he lost to SA at home by a <sic> scandalous margin, the pressure will even be more.

Next game sef, I go push my own 'clients' (work no pay)... Adi, Nwakali and Azubuike Okechukwu. I no see what the folks who played ahead of them played sef. :? :(

But not to bribe coaches. And certainly not to use compromised journos to pressure the coaches.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

txj wrote:
Cellular wrote:

But not to bribe coaches. And certainly not to use compromised journos to pressure the coaches.

In Nigeria, the coaches of the national teams have a lot to contend with and one of the biggest problems is the compromised brown envelope journalists. Oliseh complained about journos who promised to give him a hard time because he did not give them the team line-up before it was officially announced. The worst type is those journos who collect money from players to promote them and pile pressure on national team coaches to invite them. The going rate now is $200 per story and one player who indulges in that is an Israeli based midfielder. This is a player who failed in Spain with Almeria (where Azeez succeeded) and Academica in Portugal (where Obiorah Nwankwo had plenty of playing time) before moving to Israel where he has had modest success. His name is always touted by journalists whenever invitations are about to be made. In the recent SA match, various journalists who attended training reported he was the best player in camp only for him not be included in the match day squad! Some journos have even gone ahead to blame the loss on his absence, as if he had ever done anything meaningful in the few times he has suited up for the SE. This is a major challenge the SE coach has to deal with.
I am happy
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

The loss to SA, has now given these compromised journos the opportunity they want to attack Rohr. They have claimed that the NFF technical committee will now vet his invitations and that he had to explain his line-up for the SA game to the committee. Garba Lawal, a member of the committee has now come out to deny that the committee placed those demands on Rohr. The biggest fallacy is that the NFF want to move SE matches out of Uyo, which is the preferred choice of Rohr. I watched full games and highlights of all the CANq matches that week-end and the Nest of Champions, Uyo, was by far the best stadium on display and a pride to Nigeria. A non football fan, who watched the highlights, could not believe the stadium is in Nigeria. All these are meant to destabilize the coach. The Akwa Ibom Government are the best hosts the NFF can get and they enjoy a good relationship and I can bet you that our WCQ against Cameroon in August will be played at Uyo.
I am happy
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

Gotti wrote:

For starters, if Rohr had anything to say he would have said it himself in the many press conferences that he's had. So, if you truly believe that he asked some anonymous "aide" to tell Ade Ojeikere to publish that he's being criticized because he declined bribe from agents to call up their players, then I have a bridge in Lekki to sell to you. What I truly detest is dishonest conversation and folks who try to insult our intelligence. Didn't YOU Oloye criticize Rohr and the team after the game? Have you left your gig in Ireland and failed to inform us your brothers on this forum that you have since become an agent? Abegi, let's call a spade a spade and quit with the obtuse obfuscation - if we persist in engaging in dishonest and disingenuous diversions instead of squarely facing and addressing our real shortcomings (in other words, chasing shadows in derogation of substance), then we are headed to even bigger failure in future - possibly failing to qualify for WC 2018.
Bia oga Gotti i am struggling to understand what you are trying to say here...is this your version of a fake news? The last time i checked i am still in Ireland....never mind becoming an agent..if na joke i am struggling to catch it biko.

Mine take here was not to verify a fake news or not, the simple truth here is agents swarm around the national team ,their intentions being to further interests of their clients, it happen under both fc and lc...Rohr if he indeed made those statements is not saying anything new. This is one of the menace coaches of the national teams...include the age grades have to contend with.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

oloye wrote:
Gotti wrote:

Bia oga Gotti i am struggling to understand what you are trying to say here...is this your version of a fake news? The last time i checked i am still in Ireland....never mind becoming an agent..if na joke i am struggling to catch it biko.

Mine take here was not to verify a fake news or not, the simple truth here is agents swarm around the national team ,their intentions being to further interests of their clients, it happen under both fc and lc...Rohr if he indeed made those statements is not saying anything new. This is one of the menace coaches of the national teams...include the age grades have to contend with.

Some contend with it, like Oliseh. Some others partake in it. But overall its nothing new.

Even the slew of characters who support this have remained the same on CE. The only thing that has evolved is their rationale. Now its fake news :blush:

Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

txj wrote:
oloye wrote:
Gotti wrote:

Some contend with it, like Oliseh. Some others partake in it. But overall its nothing new.

Even the slew of characters who support this have remained the same on CE. The only thing that has evolved is their rationale. Now its fake news :blush:
What has Oloye said that is new to warrant such a strong response? It is those who have their heads buried in the sand that try to deny this happens. Any news from/about Rohr is turned into a FC v LC debate. It is so tiresome. There are CEs who are happy that the SE lost because we have a fc in charge and they even opened a laughing thread on Nigeria's loss to SA on CE, a SE supporters forum! Talk of madness!!Except you live in cuckoo land, CEs have no input as to who coaches the SE and their venom should be directed at the NFF.
I am happy
Kneedeep
Egg
Egg

Post by Kneedeep »

Dammy wrote: What has Oloye said that is new to warrant such a strong response? It is those who have their heads buried in the sand that try to deny this happens. Any news from/about Rohr is turned into a FC v LC debate. It is so tiresome. There are CEs who are happy that the SE lost because we have a fc in charge and they even opened a laughing thread on Nigeria's loss to SA on CE, a SE supporters forum! Talk of madness!!Except you live in cuckoo land, CEs have no input as to who coaches the SE and their venom should be directed at the NFF.
My guy, no be fight, but I fail to understand why the venom should be directed at the NFF.