African teams will lag behind until..

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin
African teams will lag behind until..

Post by YUJAM »

Local football infrastructures are developed. We cannot expect the Oyinbo to develop our players

The systems used by NTs are developed much earlier, when these guys are in academies. Players like Sanchez and Vidal are developed much earlier in their careers. By the time they play for the big sides they have all the tools they need to become great b
Ghana's First President Kwame Nkrumah said: "We face neither East nor West; we face Forward"
truetalk
Site Admin
Site Admin
Re: African teams will lag behind until..

Post by truetalk »

Overreaction to a disappointing end to the game.

Sometimes, teams have a golden generation & Chile has that at the moment. Not a joke to be repeat South American champions.

Cameroon won AFCON, but were barely the best team. It is also a young team. Yet they held their own for most of the game & controlled large portions of the 2nd half.

Your points are valid in general, but have no direct bearing on the outcome of this game.
joao
Egg
Egg

Post by joao »

YUJAM wrote:Local football infrastructures are developed. We cannot expect the Oyinbo to develop our players

The systems used by NTs are developed much earlier, when these guys are in academies. Players like Sanchez and Vidal are developed much earlier in their careers. By the time they play for the big sides they have all the tools they need to become great b
I believe they also need to be taught the discipline of team sports.
Cameroon today, like many African sides missed chances due selfishness.
"We now live in a nation where doctors destroy health, lawyers destroy justice, universities destroy knowledge,
governments destroy freedom, the press destroys information, religion destroys morals, and our banks destroy the economy.”

― Chris Hedges
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

Our players are always in a hurry to go to the next back water club or league in Europe at the developmental phase of their football when all the opportunities are there to harness their skills back home; but then can you really blame them? as you clearly stated the foundation of developing these players is generally weak in Africa, so players hop on the next plane to Serbia or Indonesia when money hungry agents come waving "better" offers to them than what they have...its truly an unending cycle thay keeps us lagging behind...in hindsight, it can definitely get better...but when?
YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by YUJAM »

truetalk wrote:Overreaction to a disappointing end to the game.

Sometimes, teams have a golden generation & Chile has that at the moment. Not a joke to be repeat South American champions.

Cameroon won AFCON, but were barely the best team. It is also a young team. Yet they held their own for most of the game & controlled large portions of the 2nd half.

Your points are valid in general, but have no direct bearing on the outcome of this game.
It has everything to do with the outcome. Teams like Chile or Colombia don't have better athletes than Nigeria or Cameroon. But they will almost always be better cohesively and also have the one or two world class players that can
Make the difference. Why is this? Because they have a better system
Of football development from their junior teams all the way up to their leagues. That's the difference
Ghana's First President Kwame Nkrumah said: "We face neither East nor West; we face Forward"
aykwes8
Egg
Egg

Post by aykwes8 »

You should refer to Cameroon directly and not say african.some african teams have done ok against non African teas.camroon on the other hand have always opened their back side. as long as it isn't an african team they will open their back side. I cant recall when he last time they wona gaame against a non african side. May be since ringer milla retired? I never really saw roger mills so i cant verify
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

That is probably the most stupid statement Africans ever made!

If you take away Sanchez and Vidal, its hard to point where Chile has an advantage over CAM wrt the quality of talent available...
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

@YUJAM, funny you should post this. I was just getting excited by what I saw on the ground in Uganda.
Kai, :scared:
People don't what is coming to hit them. FUFA should keep it up. I will leave it at that.

RE: Cameroon vs Chile, the Chileans have an 8 year head start on Cameroon.
They used to lose points in games they dominated due to their short fuses and short height.
Their draw against Germany before Brazil 2014, is a classic example. What a game BTW. :thumbs:
“If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.”- Sun Tzu
YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by YUJAM »

aykwes8 wrote:You should refer to Cameroon directly and not say african.some african teams have done ok against non African teas.camroon on the other hand have always opened their back side. as long as it isn't an african team they will open their back side. I cant recall when he last time they wona gaame against a non african side. May be since ringer milla retired? I never really saw roger mills so i cant verify
Let's be honest to ourselves. It is African teams in general. We simply aren't good enough to compete with the top tier and even the second tier.
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

YUJAM wrote:
aykwes8 wrote:You should refer to Cameroon directly and not say african.some african teams have done ok against non African teas.camroon on the other hand have always opened their back side. as long as it isn't an african team they will open their back side. I cant recall when he last time they wona gaame against a non african side. May be since ringer milla retired? I never really saw roger mills so i cant verify
Let's be honest to ourselves. It is African teams in general. We simply aren't good enough to compete with the top tier and even the second tier.

I would add 3rd tier...
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
Robotnik
Egg
Egg

Post by Robotnik »

Make the best decisions with the ball and execute well.

Make sure the passes/shots/crosses are accurate.

Make sure the player can control the pass

Many other things will fall into place.
Last edited by Robotnik on Sun Jun 18, 2017 10:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
joao
Egg
Egg

Post by joao »

YUJAM wrote:
:agree: :agree: :agree:
We like to rub shoulders with the top teams in our imagination, but refuse to see what is keeping us back.
Germany does not have better football talent than Cameroon or many other African teams. What lifts them
above Africans is 'team discipline' - being in chorus, like thinking and working together.
"We now live in a nation where doctors destroy health, lawyers destroy justice, universities destroy knowledge,
governments destroy freedom, the press destroys information, religion destroys morals, and our banks destroy the economy.”

― Chris Hedges
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

txj wrote:

That is probably the most stupid statement Africans ever made!

If you take away Sanchez and Vidal, its hard to point where Chile has an advantage over CAM wrt the quality of talent available...
Yea so basically Chile is a better team with their bigger stars abi? And don't forget Vargas. When Cameroon had stars like Etoo he could carry them further in the tourney, right now the African World Class stars are few and far between and Cameroon doesn't have one for sure...their teamwork can only carry them so far without real game winners.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Undertaker
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Undertaker »

txj wrote:
YUJAM wrote:

I would add 3rd tier...

Let just be honest and add 4th tier
I SEE DEAD PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Robotnik
Egg
Egg

Post by Robotnik »

Undertaker wrote:
txj wrote:
YUJAM wrote:

I would add 3rd tier...

Let just be honest and add 4th tier
If they cannot beat Australia then...
Comrade Machel
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Comrade Machel »

We just aren't good enough sadly. We might spring a surprise here and there but in tight games we seem to make catastrophic errors in both ends of the pitch. The other teams get the basics right, passing and execution for example. Even shooting straight we can't do
Ratlala :thumbs: :D

https://youtu.be/8CZLsYase0Q
realtrouble
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by realtrouble »

joao wrote:
YUJAM wrote:
We like to rub shoulders with the top teams in our imagination, but refuse to see what is keeping us back.
Germany does not have better football talent than Cameroon or many other African teams. What lifts them
above Africans is 'team discipline' - being in chorus, like thinking and working together.
Team Intelligence, like a boxer an intelligence team will find ways to break you down.
camex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by camex »

Yujam,

Your comment applies to all sector of human activities. Education,sports,business. This why african countries built universities and schools after independence.Obviously, the continent is not going to produce a Bill Gates tomorrow,in my opinion, unless extremmelly lucky.
Robotnik
Egg
Egg

Post by Robotnik »

realtrouble wrote:
joao wrote:
YUJAM wrote:
Team Intelligence, like a boxer an intelligence team will find ways to break you down.
We have smart phones, electronics etc.
We need smart teams in Africa.
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

camex wrote:Yujam,

Your comment applies to all sector of human activities. Education,sports,business. This why african countries built universities and schools after independence.Obviously, the continent is not going to produce a Bill Gates tomorrow,in my opinion, unless extremmelly lucky.
True.
BTW, Africa had universities and quality schooling before independence.
“If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.”- Sun Tzu
camex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by camex »

Kabalega wrote:
camex wrote:Yujam,

True.
BTW, Africa had universities and quality schooling before independence.
how many?
Kneedeep
Egg
Egg

Post by Kneedeep »

YUJAM wrote:Local football infrastructures are developed. We cannot expect the Oyinbo to develop our players

The systems used by NTs are developed much earlier, when these guys are in academies. Players like Sanchez and Vidal are developed much earlier in their careers. By the time they play for the big sides they have all the tools they need to become great
Don't waste your breath.

We believe in "talents", "abundant natural resources", and "potential" not systems and the long term application to developing structures that work for us. We consider ourselves rich because there are rocks and oily sludge in the ground that we can neither extract, process, nor sell in a profitable manner by ourselves. If we could only find the right prayer, babalawo(traditional spiritualist), or messiah, we could achieve all our desires
Last edited by Kneedeep on Sun Jun 18, 2017 10:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Advocating rational thought since 1987
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

So what's the way forward?