Cybereagles

The Undisputed Number One Home for All Super Eagles Fans
It is currently Wed Nov 22, 2017 4:44 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 58 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 5:56 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Feb 01, 2004 10:58 pm
Posts: 17224
Location: Ukwuani
mojojojo wrote:
Just get the best HB CBs.

Yeah! But unfortunately, the BEST home-based CBs may not be good enough either. Thus, ...

_________________
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 6:36 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2004 8:47 pm
Posts: 9780
9jaMan wrote:
ohenhen1 wrote:
Balogun is Nigeria best player.


Balogun is Nigeria's best defender, mikel is best midfielder and Victor Moses is the best attacker, without Balogun Algeria would have massacred the super eagles last year


Agreed!

Cmoke


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 7:08 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 06, 2004 2:39 am
Posts: 15076
Location: Super Eagles Homeland
Our defense is just poor and that is underlined by the struggle here to crown Ekong or Balogun as our best. Neither is international class in my opinion. Awaziem had a poor game v South Africa but even then is better than Omeruo. People write about Omeruo's experience as if it makes a difference. What did that experience do for us when his error gifted Zambia a goal in the Wcq?

_________________
Your talent determines what you can do. Your motivation determines
how much you are willing to do. Your attitude determines how well you do it.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 8:18 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2004 7:02 pm
Posts: 7137
Sometimes, that is the best approach for a greenhorn at international football.
He will learn quickly from his mistakes.
marutimon wrote:
Awaziem was just thrown into the deep end too early. Too many variables, Omeruo at least should have played because that would be one change less.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 7:20 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 9:33 pm
Posts: 1954
Location: Nigeria
Enugu II wrote:
Our defense is just poor and that is underlined by the struggle here to crown Ekong or Balogun as our best. Neither is international class in my opinion. Awaziem had a poor game v South Africa but even then is better than Omeruo. People write about Omeruo's experience as if it makes a difference. What did that experience do for us when his error gifted Zambia a goal in the Wcq?

Awaziem is not better than Omeruo.

_________________
Image
Its nice when someone shoots ur murderer in the back, without asking to be paid.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 10:11 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Oct 15, 2013 3:05 pm
Posts: 3350
lacidi wrote:
Enugu II wrote:
Our defense is just poor and that is underlined by the struggle here to crown Ekong or Balogun as our best. Neither is international class in my opinion. Awaziem had a poor game v South Africa but even then is better than Omeruo. People write about Omeruo's experience as if it makes a difference. What did that experience do for us when his error gifted Zambia a goal in the Wcq?

Awaziem is not better than Omeruo.
Something really went amiss with Omeruo's career . He started brilliantly at the inception of his career out of sudden everything took a nose dive . He has never lived up to expectations . This is a common trend among our players. Do any person know why?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 12:23 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 06, 2004 2:39 am
Posts: 15076
Location: Super Eagles Homeland
lacidi wrote:
Enugu II wrote:
Our defense is just poor and that is underlined by the struggle here to crown Ekong or Balogun as our best. Neither is international class in my opinion. Awaziem had a poor game v South Africa but even then is better than Omeruo. People write about Omeruo's experience as if it makes a difference. What did that experience do for us when his error gifted Zambia a goal in the Wcq?

Awaziem is not better than Omeruo.


Okay oo! Fact is Omeruo is overhyped and we will revisit this in the near future. Just check out Nigeria's 2-1 win in Zambia when we talk about experience and watch the goal Nigeria conceded unforced.

_________________
Your talent determines what you can do. Your motivation determines
how much you are willing to do. Your attitude determines how well you do it.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 2:33 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 06, 2004 6:56 pm
Posts: 4479
Location: The Wood and Alaba Market
bully12 wrote:
lacidi wrote:
Enugu II wrote:
Our defense is just poor and that is underlined by the struggle here to crown Ekong or Balogun as our best. Neither is international class in my opinion. Awaziem had a poor game v South Africa but even then is better than Omeruo. People write about Omeruo's experience as if it makes a difference. What did that experience do for us when his error gifted Zambia a goal in the Wcq?

Awaziem is not better than Omeruo.
Something really went amiss with Omeruo's career . He started brilliantly at the inception of his career out of sudden everything took a nose dive . He has never lived up to expectations . This is a common trend among our players. Do any person know why?


i dont know why - maybe its just our nature as a country- peak too soon - once we get 1 min of success regression sets in- if players like Martins,Obinna Nsofor,Agahowa,and obabona, sunday mba, awoniyi,Musa had kept the fire as they started with Eagles will be no1 in Africa today


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 3:21 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Dec 26, 2003 7:55 pm
Posts: 7390
lacidi wrote:
Enugu II wrote:
Our defense is just poor and that is underlined by the struggle here to crown Ekong or Balogun as our best. Neither is international class in my opinion. Awaziem had a poor game v South Africa but even then is better than Omeruo. People write about Omeruo's experience as if it makes a difference. What did that experience do for us when his error gifted Zambia a goal in the Wcq?

Awaziem is not better than Omeruo.


Omeruo is our best defender; better than the afore mentioned trio. In fact, my choice for central defense would be Omeruo and Ambrose except for the fact that Ambrose is needed on the right so I go with Omeruo and Balogun :!:


Cheers.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 2:20 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Nov 26, 2004 4:56 am
Posts: 6438
Location: TX
TonyTheTigerKiller wrote:
lacidi wrote:
Enugu II wrote:
Our defense is just poor and that is underlined by the struggle here to crown Ekong or Balogun as our best. Neither is international class in my opinion. Awaziem had a poor game v South Africa but even then is better than Omeruo. People write about Omeruo's experience as if it makes a difference. What did that experience do for us when his error gifted Zambia a goal in the Wcq?

Awaziem is not better than Omeruo.


Omeruo is our best defender; better than the afore mentioned trio. In fact, my choice for central defense would be Omeruo and Ambrose except for the fact that Ambrose is needed on the right so I go with Omeruo and Balogun :!:


Cheers.



Ambrose? Efe Ambrose? The Efe Ambrose?? :???: The Celtic legend?

_________________
....................................................

--------------------------------------------


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 3:32 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 06, 2004 2:39 am
Posts: 15076
Location: Super Eagles Homeland
F360 wrote:
TonyTheTigerKiller wrote:
lacidi wrote:
Enugu II wrote:
Our defense is just poor and that is underlined by the struggle here to crown Ekong or Balogun as our best. Neither is international class in my opinion. Awaziem had a poor game v South Africa but even then is better than Omeruo. People write about Omeruo's experience as if it makes a difference. What did that experience do for us when his error gifted Zambia a goal in the Wcq?

Awaziem is not better than Omeruo.


Omeruo is our best defender; better than the afore mentioned trio. In fact, my choice for central defense would be Omeruo and Ambrose except for the fact that Ambrose is needed on the right so I go with Omeruo and Balogun :!:


Cheers.



Ambrose? Efe Ambrose? The Efe Ambrose?? :???: The Celtic legend?


LOL :rotf: I think Nigeria can do better and Rohr is on track if only people will support the guy and his efforts. If he beats Cameroon, that should go a long way in gaining respect for the decisions that he has taken along the way.

_________________
Your talent determines what you can do. Your motivation determines
how much you are willing to do. Your attitude determines how well you do it.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 12:56 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Oct 15, 2013 3:05 pm
Posts: 3350
Enugu II wrote:
F360 wrote:
TonyTheTigerKiller wrote:
lacidi wrote:
Enugu II wrote:
Our defense is just poor and that is underlined by the struggle here to crown Ekong or Balogun as our best. Neither is international class in my opinion. Awaziem had a poor game v South Africa but even then is better than Omeruo. People write about Omeruo's experience as if it makes a difference. What did that experience do for us when his error gifted Zambia a goal in the Wcq?

Awaziem is not better than Omeruo.


Omeruo is our best defender; better than the afore mentioned trio. In fact, my choice for central defense would be Omeruo and Ambrose except for the fact that Ambrose is needed on the right so I go with Omeruo and Balogun :!:


Cheers.



Ambrose? Efe Ambrose? The Efe Ambrose?? :???: The Celtic legend?


LOL :rotf: I think Nigeria can do better and Rohr is on track if only people will support the guy and his efforts. If he beats Cameroon, that should go a long way in gaining respect for the decisions that he has taken along the way.

Oh my God. What an outrageous statement. The guy is on track but SE was beaten 2 zero in our backyard by a team who has never beaten SE before both home and away in spite of overwhelmingly support he has been receiving from NFF. Indubitable the guy needs to improve in his players selection. Honestly I have strong doubts about his ability.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 1:52 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Apr 13, 2008 10:37 pm
Posts: 15796
lacidi wrote:
Enugu II wrote:
Our defense is just poor and that is underlined by the struggle here to crown Ekong or Balogun as our best. Neither is international class in my opinion. Awaziem had a poor game v South Africa but even then is better than Omeruo. People write about Omeruo's experience as if it makes a difference. What did that experience do for us when his error gifted Zambia a goal in the Wcq?

Awaziem is not better than Omeruo.


Awaziem is not even in the same ballpark
Shocking decision by ROhr to start him
That decision cost us the match vs Southafrica


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 12:28 am 
Offline

Joined: Fri Dec 26, 2003 7:55 pm
Posts: 7390
F360 wrote:
TonyTheTigerKiller wrote:
lacidi wrote:
Enugu II wrote:
Our defense is just poor and that is underlined by the struggle here to crown Ekong or Balogun as our best. Neither is international class in my opinion. Awaziem had a poor game v South Africa but even then is better than Omeruo. People write about Omeruo's experience as if it makes a difference. What did that experience do for us when his error gifted Zambia a goal in the Wcq?

Awaziem is not better than Omeruo.


Omeruo is our best defender; better than the afore mentioned trio. In fact, my choice for central defense would be Omeruo and Ambrose except for the fact that Ambrose is needed on the right so I go with Omeruo and Balogun :!:


Cheers.



Ambrose? Efe Ambrose? The Efe Ambrose?? :???: The Celtic legend?


I guess you are one of those internet experts who read only the headlines and jump to stupid conclusions. Have you even followed Efe? If you had, you wouldn't make such retarded statements like the one above. The fact that a particular coach doesn't favor a particular player doesn't mean the player isn't class. Consider Conte and Mikel, Conte and Costa, Pepe and Nacho, etc. Are you going to put your foot in your big mouth by claiming that Mikel, Costa and Nacho are not very good, sorry great players? Did you know that Efe went on loan to a club where he was nothing short of outstanding and that he's been signed to a permanent contract? You should stick to reading fiction and comic books and stop commenting on football, something you know absolutely nothing about :!: :!: :!:


Cheers.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 8:05 am 
Offline

Joined: Fri Feb 12, 2016 2:14 pm
Posts: 313
Enugu II wrote:
Our defense is just poor and that is underlined by the struggle here to crown Ekong or Balogun as our best. Neither is international class in my opinion. Awaziem had a poor game v South Africa but even then is better than Omeruo. People write about Omeruo's experience as if it makes a difference. What did that experience do for us when his error gifted Zambia a goal in the Wcq?



Balogun is decent, and Ekong is young so he will improve, but saying neither is international class? Come on. I agree with you that Omeruo is trash.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 8:35 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Dec 01, 2013 10:13 am
Posts: 1773
Omeruo is massively underrated.
He's been mostly dependable and did not look out of place at the 2014 World Cup. He was the best defender we had.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 8:59 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Apr 13, 2008 10:37 pm
Posts: 15796
marutimon wrote:
Omeruo is massively underrated.
He's been mostly dependable and did not look out of place at the 2014 World Cup. He was the best defender we had.

He carried our back four at Rio especially Yobo
If not for him we would have crashed out in the first round


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 9:05 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Dec 01, 2013 10:13 am
Posts: 1773
smartbrother wrote:
marutimon wrote:
Omeruo is massively underrated.
He's been mostly dependable and did not look out of place at the 2014 World Cup. He was the best defender we had.

He carried our back four at Rio especially Yobo
If not for him we would have crashed out in the first round


And people forget he is just 23! Which is baby years for a defender.
Omeruo is undroppable. Even if he doesn't start ahead of the Oyibo wall he needs to be on the bench as backup.

I really don't know why people are on Omeruo's case. He occasionally makes a mistake? Which defender doesn't?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 9:55 am 
Offline

Joined: Fri Feb 12, 2016 2:14 pm
Posts: 313
Omeruo is fine if we play him in the right position. When we played against Algeria he played as a left back. That's not his natural position. Play him as a Center back and he will do a job. I still think Ekong will massively improve.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 10:14 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2003 9:33 pm
Posts: 7547
TheHitman47 wrote:
Omeruo is fine if we play him in the right position. When we played against Algeria he played as a left back. That's not his natural position. Play him as a Center back and he will do a job. I still think Ekong will massively improve.

Did you watch the match or is that a mistake? Omeruo played LB?

_________________
I am happy


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 10:57 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Dec 01, 2013 10:13 am
Posts: 1773
He played RB. Still not his natural position though.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 11:33 am 
Offline

Joined: Fri Feb 12, 2016 2:14 pm
Posts: 313
Dammy wrote:
TheHitman47 wrote:
Omeruo is fine if we play him in the right position. When we played against Algeria he played as a left back. That's not his natural position. Play him as a Center back and he will do a job. I still think Ekong will massively improve.

Did you watch the match or is that a mistake? Omeruo played LB?


Typo. But he was played out of position. He was responsible for Bentaleb's goal and the other near catastrophic blunders that we saw.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 1:29 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Jan 05, 2004 1:20 pm
Posts: 99
TheHitman47 wrote:
Dammy wrote:
TheHitman47 wrote:
Omeruo is fine if we play him in the right position. When we played against Algeria he played as a left back. That's not his natural position. Play him as a Center back and he will do a job. I still think Ekong will massively improve.

Did you watch the match or is that a mistake? Omeruo played LB?


Typo. But he was played out of position. He was responsible for Bentaleb's goal and the other near catastrophic blunders that we saw.


Fiction. He wasn't responsible for Bentaleb's goal, go watch again, it was Onazi. The person that was beaten to the othe catastrophic blunder on our right was Etebo who was tracking back. He had a SOLID game against Algeria. But was at fault for Zambia's goal.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 58 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

All times are UTC + 1 hour


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: bamenda boy, Bing [Bot], danfo driver, Robotnik and 75 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group