THERE IS ONLY ONE KING!!!

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

FATHER TIKO
Egg
Egg
THERE IS ONLY ONE KING!!!

Post by FATHER TIKO »

The tale was told that the over 50,000 fans who witnessed his last competitive game cried in unison:
"Fique! Fique!!"' (stay! stay!)

Such was the sorrow that the king was abdicating his throne...

For those of us who never saw Pele play, this compilation shows the maestro at work...

Most of those tricks you see today are not as fresh as you think...Pele did them and more...

[/video]
"...Some say football is not a matter of life and death;
I can assure you it's more important than that..."
- Bill Shankly
Gooner1
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: THERE IS ONLY ONE KING!!!

Post by Gooner1 »

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
Indeed.....there is ONLY ONE KING :thumb:

...he had it all
“If this year, you cannot compete with Spurs, with all the respect I have for them, and Leicester, then change your sport. I’m sorry.” Emmanuel Petit

"I didn't buy Arsenal stake to win trophies" Kroneke
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

Cristiano Ronaldo is better. Na nostalgia dey mek una call am king. :twisted:
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”
FATHER TIKO
Egg
Egg

Post by FATHER TIKO »

platinum wrote:Cristiano Ronaldo is better. Na nostalgia dey mek una call am king. :twisted:
You no even mention Maradona...you dey mention fake Ronaldo wey don flop for 3 WCup tournaments...
"...Some say football is not a matter of life and death;
I can assure you it's more important than that..."
- Bill Shankly
The Eagle
Egg
Egg

Post by The Eagle »

FATHER TIKO wrote:Most of those tricks you see today are not as fresh as you think...Pele did them and more...
I see the editors of the video could not find evidence of Pele doing any of Jay Jay's tricks. Much respect to the legends "O Rei" and "O Jay". :D
The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects the wind to change; the realist adjusts his sails.
Don't believe anything until it has been officially denied.
If you are controversial, you will lose some votes. If you are courageous, you will lose the election.
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

FATHER TIKO wrote:The tale was told that the over 50,000 fans who witnessed his last competitive game cried in unison:

For those of us who never saw Pele play, this compilation shows the maestro at work...

Most of those tricks you see today are not as fresh as you think...Pele did them and more...

[/video]
Long live the king! Chai these were the days the ball weighed like a tonne and defenders were licenced to maim attackers on sight! :thumbs:
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
paj
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by paj »

platinum wrote:Cristiano Ronaldo is better. Na nostalgia dey mek una call am king. :twisted:
I no blame U sha...TV no reach ya village when Akai was doing the biz :twisted:
The Brunch Mixtape Project
Available on all major streaming platforms :)
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

The GOAT!!! No one better. What we have after the king are pretenders.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Rawlings
Egg
Egg

Post by Rawlings »

The Eagle wrote:
FATHER TIKO wrote:Most of those tricks you see today are not as fresh as you think...Pele did them and more...
I see the editors of the video could not find evidence of Pele doing any of Jay Jay's tricks. Much respect to the legends "O Rei" and "O Jay". :D
Editor left out recycled tricks
Nwabali -- Aina, Bassey, TroostEkong, Sanusi --- Chukwueze, Aribo, Ndidi, Iwobi --- Osimhem, Sadiq Umar
The Eagle
Egg
Egg

Post by The Eagle »

Rawlings wrote:
The Eagle wrote:
No, the editor included recycled tricks. That was the point of the video. To prove the tricks were recycled. When the akpeteshi clears your system and you sober up, watch the video again.
The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects the wind to change; the realist adjusts his sails.
If you are controversial, you will lose some votes. If you are courageous, you will lose the election.
nemi2002
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by nemi2002 »

Edson Arantes Dos Nascimento..... The one and only....
kolinzo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kolinzo »

Mschew...who is debating this??? I want to know!! Long live Pele! Long live the King!! Long live the GOAT!!
DAK TO THE FUTURE...HOT BOYZ...DEM BOYZ...COWBOYZ!!

To be scientifically literate is to empower yourself to know when someone else is full of boolsheet!

Scientifically speaking: ANC Trophies = 3/4 when Br^33 = 0.
***Breda = Br****
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

FATHER TIKO wrote:
You no even mention Maradona...you dey mention fake Ronaldo wey don flop for 3 WCup tournaments...
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
Comrade Machel
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Comrade Machel »

FATHER TIKO wrote:The tale was told that the over 50,000 fans who witnessed his last competitive game cried in unison:

[/video]

That's first thing I noticed the first time I ever watched a Pele compilation. All the tricks I thought were new he had done them 40 years earlier. Any time anyone says Messi is greatest ever I genuinely get very angry. Pele was a god. There is one clip where he executes a move and a spectator standing behind the goal throws his hat in the air and celebrates like delirious child :rotf: If Pele had been a European not a poor man from the favelas the pope would have declared him a saint by now :thumbs:

17 yrs old taking a world cup by storm. He looks a baby here compared to tbe brutal defenders he often embarassed. Look the bobo his teammate to his left, his face would scare the living daylights out of you :clap: :rotf:

Last edited by Comrade Machel on Tue Jun 20, 2017 9:48 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Ratlala :thumbs: :D

https://youtu.be/8CZLsYase0Q
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

FATHER TIKO wrote:
Maradona wey dey use hand take score goal? Proper fake player. Messi sef beta pass Maradona.

Top 10 of all time:

Cristiano Ronaldo > JJ Okocha > Pele >Messi > Maradona > Hagi > Zidane > Roberto Carlos > Zico > Rai.

If you no believe this list, go to your nearest senator's office. E go confam am for you.
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

Oga Pele ranka dede!
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:Oga Pele ranka dede!

In case you didnt know...He learned his skills from oga supernova AKA small khaki shorts AKA lost in london AKA german rapper of the year AKA so good they named his twice AKA uncle iwobi.
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

platinum wrote:

In case you didnt know...He learned his skills from oga supernova AKA small khaki shorts AKA lost in london AKA german rapper of the year AKA so good they named his twice AKA uncle iwobi.

the man with many pockets! Even GPS ran away from Oga in London, after hearing he was named twice :scared: :scared: :scared:
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
joplass
Egg
Egg

Post by joplass »

You guys should watch the movie "Pele". There will never be a player like Pele.
Man is comfortable in His imperfection but uncomfortable in His perfection. Me. (Inspired by Karol Józef Wojtyła - Crossing the Threshold of Hope)
Rawlings
Egg
Egg

Post by Rawlings »

The Eagle wrote:
Rawlings wrote:
The Eagle wrote:
No, the editor included recycled tricks. That was the point of the video. To prove the tricks were recycled. When the akpeteshi clears your system and you sober up, watch the video again.
The editor was showing players copying Pele
Jay Jay was recycling, let me explain
1) Pele makes a product
2) Ronaldhinio uses the product
3) The product is dumped in the garbage
4) Jay Jay takes is out of the trash and makes it useful again
5) Naija goes wild
Nwabali -- Aina, Bassey, TroostEkong, Sanusi --- Chukwueze, Aribo, Ndidi, Iwobi --- Osimhem, Sadiq Umar
The Eagle
Egg
Egg

Post by The Eagle »

Rawlings wrote:
The Eagle wrote:
Rawlings wrote:
The Eagle wrote:
1) Pele makes a product
4) Jay Jay takes is out of the trash and makes it useful again
5) Naija goes wild
I see the akpeteshi never clear system. No wahala.

But come o .... if we are looking for someone who cheaply recycled things another man already used, why are we not talking about Abedi PELE?
Rawlings
Egg
Egg

Post by Rawlings »

The Eagle wrote:
Rawlings wrote:
The Eagle wrote:
Rawlings wrote:
The Eagle wrote:
1) Pele makes a product
4) Jay Jay takes it out of the trash and makes it useful again
5) Naija goes wild
I see the akpeteshi never clear system. No wahala.

But come o .... if we are looking for someone who cheaply recycled things another man already used, why are we not talking about Abedi PELE?
Oga
I just explained what is recycle. Please follow instructions
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
platinum wrote:

the man with many pockets! Even GPS ran away from Oga in London, after hearing he was named twice :scared: :scared: :scared:
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: