UYO REMAINS OUR HOME - Says Rohr, Mikel and Others

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Obong
Egg
Egg
UYO REMAINS OUR HOME - Says Rohr, Mikel and Others

Post by Obong »

http://owngoalnigeria.com/2017/06/20/ro ... ven-mikel/

The proposed plan of the Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) to move the Super Eagles World Cup 2018 Qualifiers from the Godswill Akpabio Stadium has been rejected by coach of the team Gernot Rohr.
Issues regarding logistics and attitude of the crowd made the NFF to toy with the idea of moving the games of Nigeria from the stadium, amidst reports of the stadium being placed under a spell by aggrieved residence of the land, who are claiming their land was forcefully collected from them to build the stadium.
Nigeria lost her last game at the stadium to South Africa 0-2 in their first AFCON 2019 Qualifiers, and their next competitive game which will be against Cameroon in the race to be at the World Cup 2018 is rumoured to have been shifted from the ground.
However coach of the ‎Super Eagles Gernot Rohr has kicked against the idea of moving the team from the Godswill Akpabio Stadium insisting it will affect the psychology of the players, who have taken the venue as their home.
” I am in constant touch with the team’s captain (Mikel Obi) and other senior players and they all agree that the team remains in Uyo to finish all qualifiers. Changing the venue will put the boys under pressure. The players are at home with Uyo fans”, Rohr stated.
The coach insist that the pitch didn’t contribute to his team’s loss against South Africa as speculated by many, and wants them to remain in Uyo to finish both the World Cup 2018 Qualifiers and AFCON 2019 Qualifiers as well.

Ade Emmanuel
"WE ARE THE SUPER EAGLES!!!"
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: UYO REMAINS OUR HOME - Says Rohr, Mikel and Others

Post by Eaglezbeak »

:clap: let the experts decide where they want to play,you can't let beer ex military bellies and governors who can't do their own job decide where Nigeria should play!
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Obong wrote:http://owngoalnigeria.com/2017/06/20/ro ... ven-mikel/

The proposed plan of the Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) to move the Super Eagles World Cup 2018 Qualifiers from the Godswill Akpabio Stadium has been rejected by coach of the team Gernot Rohr.
Issues regarding logistics and attitude of the crowd made the NFF to toy with the idea of moving the games of Nigeria from the stadium, amidst reports of the stadium being placed under a spell by aggrieved residence of the land, who are claiming their land was forcefully collected from them to build the stadium.
Nigeria lost her last game at the stadium to South Africa 0-2 in their first AFCON 2019 Qualifiers, and their next competitive game which will be against Cameroon in the race to be at the World Cup 2018 is rumoured to have been shifted from the ground.
However coach of the ‎Super Eagles Gernot Rohr has kicked against the idea of moving the team from the Godswill Akpabio Stadium insisting it will affect the psychology of the players, who have taken the venue as their home.
” I am in constant touch with the team’s captain (Mikel Obi) and other senior players and they all agree that the team remains in Uyo to finish all qualifiers. Changing the venue will put the boys under pressure. The players are at home with Uyo fans”, Rohr stated.
The coach insist that the pitch didn’t contribute to his team’s loss against South Africa as speculated by many, and wants them to remain in Uyo to finish both the World Cup 2018 Qualifiers and AFCON 2019 Qualifiers as well.

Ade Emmanuel

Owngoal. I will wait for independent confirmation, not that it matters to me one bit.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

There was no plan by the NFF to move the SE from Uyo, it was a creation of the media. I told y'all on a different thread.
I am happy
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

People should stop posting stories from owlgoal. That website has taken fictitious story to another level. I hope Lai Mohammed is not the owner
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

1naija wrote:

Ade Emmanuel

Owngoal. I will wait for independent confirmation, not that it matters to me one bit.
Thanks for letting us know. It doesn't matter to us that it doesn't matter to you one bit.
O-Qua Tangin Wann! Die with memories, not dreams.™

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

1naija wrote:

Ade Emmanuel
I think reserving judgment is a good thing to do
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Mikel knows best...I agree with Mikel ....
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Abbey
Egg
Egg

Post by Abbey »

Bigpokey24 wrote:Mikel knows best...I agree with Mikel ....
Dis man sef... na wa for you o..
A Person convinced against his will is of the same opinion still.
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

john12 wrote:People should stop posting stories from owlgoal. That website has taken fictitious story to another level. I hope Lai Mohammed is not the owner
...this is the season of fake news made popular by Trump, Putin and Russia Nigerians don't wanna be left behind :biggrin:
Undertaker
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Undertaker »

Bigpokey24 wrote:Mikel knows best...I agree with Mikel ....

That Chinaman needs to come correct then if he loves Uyo that much!
I SEE DEAD PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
papilo
Egg
Egg

Post by papilo »

Dammy wrote:There was no plan by the NFF to move the SE from Uyo, it was a creation of the media. I told y'all on a different thread.
You dey mind the? Rubbish
yes o
bully12
Egg
Egg

Post by bully12 »

Odas wrote:
1naija wrote:

Ade Emmanuel
Coaches and players have never decided the venues where SE matches are played in Nigeria. It has been the routine for NFF officials to decide the venues. If NFF decides to move the match to another facility obviously the opinions of players and coach will not make any difference.
Obong
Egg
Egg

Post by Obong »

bully12 wrote:
Odas wrote:
1naija wrote:

Ade Emmanuel
Coaches and players have never decided the venues where SE matches are played in Nigeria. It has been the routine for NFF officials to decide the venues. If NFF decides to move the match to another facility obviously the opinions of players and coach will not make any difference.
bully12, really? Note that the match was never moved in the first place. It was slated for Uyo, and remains in Uyo. You have your postulation in reverse. The players and coaches have priority. The NFF will generally accede to their preference ahead of other considerations. A persuasive factor has always been the willingness of a state government to host the SE matches. From the days of former Governor Godswill Akpabio to the present Governor Udom Emmanuel, the oil-rich Akwa Ibom has pulled all stops to make the players and officials comfortable while covering most of the costs and logistics. Senator Akpabio, for whom the stadium is named, has been ever-present at all the Super Eagles matches and has made it a point to personally motivate the team.The players, especially the senior ones prefer Uyo for good reason. And, since when did the NFF officials star in the matches? Truth remains, if we select the right blend of players and include the likes of Mikel, Victor Moses, Leon Balogun, Brown Ideye, and Carl Ikeme (and, maybe Senator Akpabio has prevailed on Enyeama to return for the Cameroun game! :P ), how could we not beat Cameroun?
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

Just like the change of SE venue from Uyo, this one proves to be false as well.

NFF technical committee will not select players for Rohr, says Adepoju

Jun 21, 2017 02:25:23

The ex-international claims that the technical committee won't interfere with the Super Eagles' choice of players for national assignment

Mutiu Adepoju has revealed that the Nigeria Football Federation technical committee has never and will never interfere in the selection of players by the Super Eagles boss, Gernot Rohr.

Adepoju who is a member of the body, debunked speculations that invitation of players to the senior national team will be influenced by the committee, but stressed that the committee is readily available to offer support and help to the gaffer whenever things go wrong.

He also disclosed that the German was invited for a meeting to review the Super Eagles’ performance against South Africa and not to criticise his selection of players.

“Nobody has ever selected a team for him [Rohr] and nobody has ever questioned his selection,” Adepoju told Goal.

“The technical committee has always been in support of Rohr’s decision right from the beginning, inviting him is just to find a way forward in which we can help him to achieve his set goals.

“It is just the normal thing when things go wrong, you cannot just close your eyes and let it go, you need to have a review of what happened and how we can help so we can move forward.

“The meeting was a very good one in which we discussed the way forward and how we can be of help and support to him.''

He added: ''We’ve been supporting him all this while, we confirmed him and we have been giving 100 percent support since his appointment.

“The technical committee has not met in one year [before this month’s meeting], and everybody has been saying that it is probably the committee that is picking; the technical committee has not been picking players for any coach.

“What the technical committee is about, is trying to see that things are put in the right order and put minds together with the coach to see if he has any problem or he needs us to come in to facilitate somethings.”
http://www.goal.com/en-ng/news/4110/nig ... ID=HP_HN_4
I am happy
papilo
Egg
Egg

Post by papilo »

Dammy wrote:Just like the change of SE venue from Uyo, this one proves to be false as well.

NFF technical committee will not select players for Rohr, says Adepoju

Jun 21, 2017 02:25:23

The ex-international claims that the technical committee won't interfere with the Super Eagles' choice of players for national assignment

Mutiu Adepoju has revealed that the Nigeria Football Federation technical committee has never and will never interfere in the selection of players by the Super Eagles boss, Gernot Rohr.

Adepoju who is a member of the body, debunked speculations that invitation of players to the senior national team will be influenced by the committee, but stressed that the committee is readily available to offer support and help to the gaffer whenever things go wrong.

He also disclosed that the German was invited for a meeting to review the Super Eagles’ performance against South Africa and not to criticise his selection of players.

“Nobody has ever selected a team for him [Rohr] and nobody has ever questioned his selection,” Adepoju told Goal.

“The technical committee has always been in support of Rohr’s decision right from the beginning, inviting him is just to find a way forward in which we can help him to achieve his set goals.

“It is just the normal thing when things go wrong, you cannot just close your eyes and let it go, you need to have a review of what happened and how we can help so we can move forward.

“The meeting was a very good one in which we discussed the way forward and how we can be of help and support to him.''

He added: ''We’ve been supporting him all this while, we confirmed him and we have been giving 100 percent support since his appointment.

“The technical committee has not met in one year [before this month’s meeting], and everybody has been saying that it is probably the committee that is picking; the technical committee has not been picking players for any coach.

“What the technical committee is about, is trying to see that things are put in the right order and put minds together with the coach to see if he has any problem or he needs us to come in to facilitate somethings.”
http://www.goal.com/en-ng/news/4110/nig ... ID=HP_HN_4
Wow!! I wonder what source to trust. Owngoal or Goal
yes o
Obong
Egg
Egg

Post by Obong »

Finally, the NFF confirms that Uyo remains the venue for all Super Eagles matches. None less than the General Secretary of the NFF, Mohammed Sanusi comprehensively disposes of the rumor. I believe we should direct our collective football IQs to how the team can get better in order to win subsequent matches.

http://www.pulse.ng/sports/football/sup ... 77753.html
asabatex
Egg
Egg

Post by asabatex »

Only if Enyeama agrees to come back... :D
Obong wrote:Finally, the NFF confirms that Uyo remains the venue for all Super Eagles matches. None less than the General Secretary of the NFF, Mohammed Sanusi comprehensively disposes of the rumor. I believe we should direct our collective football IQs to how the team can get better in order to win subsequent matches.

http://www.pulse.ng/sports/football/sup ... 77753.html