Iheanacho linked with Leicester

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet
Iheanacho linked with Leicester

Post by platinum »

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/201 ... iheanacho/
Craig Shakespeare is plotting a £25million move for Manchester City striker Kelechi Iheanacho, as Leicester prepare to spend big this summer.

Shakespeare, the new Leicester manager, has been alerted to Iheanacho's availability and is ready to pay a significant fee for the Nigeria international.

Iheanacho is free to leave the Etihad Stadium ahead of the forthcoming season, as Pep Guardiola is determined to bring in another forward, with Arsenal's Alexis Sanchez understood to be a top target.

And Shakespeare is set to move for the 20-year-old and attempt to steal in before Premier League rivals Everton, Crystal Palace and West Ham.

Leicester are targeting players with top-flight experience, after a disappointing summer of recruitment last year, and believe Iheanacho represents good value for the price required.
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: Iheanacho linked with Leicester

Post by Damunk »

But Kelechi reportedly told Rochas during his visit only 2 days ago that he was "poised to regain his starting position next season as he remains fully committed to Man City".
That's straight from the horse's mouth.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

Whatever he does, do not go near teams like Leicester...i beg you! That Ndidi is thrivibg there should not be used as a bait. Ndidi is suited for english games, he has the skillset and the intensity to play in any system. Not so for Nacho who is not suited for the intensity aka gra gra of Leicester. Kelechi is suited for a team that thrives on the passing game.....what is lacking in his game is why Pep dropped him down the ladder, while such a drop can be forgiven in a big team awash with stars, what he must not do is allow himself to be found out or become a victim of being found unsuitable at teams like Leicester...it is akin to a death sentence, career death.sentence!
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

oloye wrote:Whatever he does, do not go near teams like Leicester...i beg you! That Ndidi is thrivibg there should not be used as a bait. Ndidi is suited for english games, he has the skillset and the intensity to play in any system. Not so for Nacho who is not suited for the intensity aka gra gra of Leicester. Kelechi is suited for a team that thrives on the passing game.....what is lacking in his game is why Pep dropped him down the ladder, while such a drop can be forgiven in a big team awash with stars, what he must not do is allow himself to be found out or become a victim of being found unsuitable at teams like Leicester...it is akin to a death sentence, career death.sentence!

kpom. Even Musa the runner could not keep up with marathoners like Vardy and Okazaki.
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
Mr. Piffington
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Mr. Piffington »

Damunk wrote:But Kelechi reportedly told Rochas during his visit only 2 days ago that he was "poised to regain his starting position next season as he remains fully committed to Man City".
That's straight from the horse's mouth.
That's what he's supposed to say, the boy is still under contract.
This post was made by Appitti who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by bully12 who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by COOKING SPOON who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by danfo driver who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by muzines who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by ohenhen1 who is currently on your ignore list.
Mr. Piffington
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Mr. Piffington »

oloye wrote:Whatever he does, do not go near teams like Leicester...i beg you! That Ndidi is thrivibg there should not be used as a bait. Ndidi is suited for english games, he has the skillset and the intensity to play in any system. Not so for Nacho who is not suited for the intensity aka gra gra of Leicester. Kelechi is suited for a team that thrives on the passing game.....what is lacking in his game is why Pep dropped him down the ladder, while such a drop can be forgiven in a big team awash with stars, what he must not do is allow himself to be found out or become a victim of being found unsuitable at teams like Leicester...it is akin to a death sentence, career death.sentence!
KPOM! I came here to post the same thing. I just can't see Kele doing much in that team. He's suited for a possession based game.
This post was made by Appitti who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by bully12 who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by COOKING SPOON who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by danfo driver who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by muzines who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by ohenhen1 who is currently on your ignore list.
TheHitman47
Egg
Egg

Post by TheHitman47 »

The problem with Nacho is he is very limited tbh. He is very one footed and not so strong with the ball at his feet. I think Leicester wouldn't be as bad as many say here because if he plays the Okazaki role he would create a lot of chances and is far more clinical than the Japanese striker.

Nacho is best suited for a 4-4-2 and most possession based sides don't play that formation nowadays. I think he would be right at home at Leicester.
TheHitman47
Egg
Egg

Post by TheHitman47 »

Realistically though I think a team like Everton is more suited to Iheanacho's game.

Also one thing people need to realize is that he is going to have to grow into playing as a striker or improve his ability on the ball a lot more and play as an attacking midfielder.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

TheHitman47 wrote:Realistically though I think a team like Everton is more suited to Iheanacho's game.

Also one thing people need to realize is that he is going to have to grow into playing as a striker or improve his ability on the ball a lot more and play as an attacking midfielder.
Dude hush..you posted one rubbish, then proceeded to post another rubbish. .who the heck are you sef.....
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

TheHitman47 wrote:The problem with Nacho is he is very limited tbh. He is very one footed and not so strong with the ball at his feet. I think Leicester wouldn't be as bad as many say here because if he plays the Okazaki role he would create a lot of chances and is far more clinical than the Japanese striker.

Nacho is best suited for a 4-4-2 and most possession based sides don't play that formation nowadays. I think he would be right at home at Leicester.
Play the Okazaki role..are you sure you know what you mean by Okazaki role :scared: That guy Okazaki is one of the most relentless hustlers in the game. He runs tirelessly for the 70 or so minutes he is given. If Nacho could play like that on top of his scoring ability, Pep would be cleaning his boots and begging him for sleep overs instead of the rubbish he is feeding the boy.

The easiest way to get found out in the EPL is to compare Nacho style of play with Okazaki...sir Okazaki is a born hustler while Kele is an opportunist!
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
TheHitman47
Egg
Egg

Post by TheHitman47 »

Bigpokey24 wrote:Dude hush..you posted one rubbish, then proceeded to post another rubbish. .who the heck are you sef.....
Who the heck are you?

I think he can build into that role. The problem with him playing in a possession styled team is that he really isn't that good in possession. He is good in the box but that is really about it. Many of the other parts of his game need a lot of work. They will improve in time but as it stands right now I don't think Leicester would be that bad of an idea.
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

@Oloye, #echoed. Okazaki isan energizer bunny, a clockwork mouse that scurries from corner to corner wanting for cheese. Iheanacho doesn't have the requisite qualities to emulate the Park Jis, of which Okazaki is a prime example. One doesn't doubt his goalscoring pedigree and there's no question as to whether he would/wouldn't hit 10 or so a the King Power. As far fit and suitability be concerned, Leicester's energetic countering approach, which would demand of him, the harrying of defenders, the chasing down lost causes and all round nuis and would certainly expose flaws in his make up. That being said, first team is first team and youth coupled with experience should further his development. There's no reason why Iheanachocannot be success, t'is merely a mater of ethic and intention.
fledy
Egg
Egg

Post by fledy »

Oga Oloye una just end the thread. For me sir do you think Nacho is suited for the EPL ? His work rate is very lacking
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

fledy wrote:Oga Oloye una just end the thread. For me sir do you think Nacho is suited for the EPL ? His work rate is very lacking
There are teams that suits his style of play..Arsenal for one, then you have Swansea and perhaps Westham. The truth is if he is not playing as the top 9, then he becomes surplus to requirement simply because he does not offer much to the team besides being a goal scoring threat.

I observed this about his game immediately and voiced this last year, but i was told i need to look at his u17 exploits. The step up required between u17 and current level is so wide , the chasm easily can swallow millions of talents. Teams are demanding more from their players, can you imagine Pep saying Aguero needs to do more, now that is the direction football is going. Add the pressing game to the new formation, you begin to see how tough the game is becoming.

My fear is that put him in a team that does not create enough scoring chances, when faults are being thrown around lots of it would be coming his way because the stats would ask what exactly has he been doing on the field.

Bobo is very cerebral his goal scoring ability is phenomenal, but all of this would count only if the team is built around him.....now aint that asking a lot from City?

olumide
Egg
Egg

Post by olumide »

It is not only track stars that can play in the Premier League. Iheanacho has good movement, decent physical attributes , and is good finisher. He also has room for growth in all of these areas. He'll be fine.
marutimon
Egg
Egg

Post by marutimon »

People are acting like he's a slow player... He's no Vardy, but Iheanacho has pace. Plus he thrives on counterattacking football.
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

...going to Leicester will be the down fall of his young football career, rather go to mid to lower level premier league club where he can thrive as their savior and not to be blamed for losses.
olumide
Egg
Egg

Post by olumide »

:lol: Leicester finished 13th last season and are selling Mahrez. Why are people wishing mediocrity on our players? Kelechi was the best player at the u-17 World Cup, has started and contributed for his country at senior level, appeared in a Champions League semi-final, and played and scored fairly regularly at a big club as a teenager. He is not some scrub with no pedigree. If there is competition at a club like Leicester, let him go there and beat them out. He has the ability within him.
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

olumide wrote::lol: Leicester finished 13th last season and are selling Mahrez. Why are people wishing mediocrity on our players? Kelechi was the best player at the u-17 World Cup, has started and contributed for his country at senior level, appeared in a Champions League semi-final, and played and scored fairly regularly at a big club as a teenager. He is not some scrub with no pedigree. If there is competition at a club like Leicester, let him go there and beat them out. He has the ability within him.
...but the question is will he be used, will he play consistently at any club he go to unlike the cameos he was reduced to at City, given all the his pedigree you listed above?
olu
Egg
Egg

Post by olu »

Don't like the move even though I think Kelechi would actually play well alongside Vardy. I prefer West Ham, or even Hoffenheim or Crystal Palace the other clubs he's been linked with, which are all better passing teams than Leicester.
olumide
Egg
Egg

Post by olumide »

mcal wrote:
olumide wrote::lol: Leicester finished 13th last season and are selling Mahrez. Why are people wishing mediocrity on our players? Kelechi was the best player at the u-17 World Cup, has started and contributed for his country at senior level, appeared in a Champions League semi-final, and played and scored fairly regularly at a big club as a teenager. He is not some scrub with no pedigree. If there is competition at a club like Leicester, let him go there and beat them out. He has the ability within him.
...but the question is will he be used, will he play consistently at any club he go to unlike the cameos he was reduced to at City, given all the his pedigree you listed above?
They are not paying 25-30 million pound for cameos. He would come with the expectation of being an important player for the team. The English teams, English fans, and English press all believe in his potential. Seemingly, more than Nigerians do.
Rawlings
Egg
Egg

Post by Rawlings »

water finds its level
Nwabali -- Aina, Bassey, TroostEkong, Sanusi --- Chukwueze, Aribo, Ndidi, Iwobi --- Osimhem, Sadiq Umar
oscar52
Egg
Egg

Post by oscar52 »

TheHitman47 wrote:The problem with Nacho is he is very limited tbh. He is very one footed and not so strong with the ball at his feet. I think Leicester wouldn't be as bad as many say here because if he plays the Okazaki role he would create a lot of chances and is far more clinical than the Japanese striker.

He wasn't always that way. He used to be dynamic and take on defenders last year before Pep arrived but Mancity has been a bad club for him overall in my opinion. First it was the weird thing where his teammates do not celebrate with him when he scores and then I think many spoke to him and he tried to be more of a team player passing when he should take on defenders and try to score and unfortunately I think that passing bought over his teammates but killed his game. He seems so unsure of himself these days and he might not be the most intelligent player as well. I will vote he leaves England altogether if he can and go to France, Spain, Italy, or Germany. The money is good in England but the football is not suitable for everyone especially young players developing their game.