Nacho and Onyekuru...

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet
Nacho and Onyekuru...

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

We already know what Nacho can do. As for Onyekuru, there is no doubt of his quality. The kid will go places no matter where he ends up. The unfortunate thing though is that they both prefer to play behind a main striker. The big question I have is can they both play at the same time? If they can coexist on the pitch then we'd be looking at the most prolific attack we've ever seen. How would you fancy a lineup like the one below:

Enyeama

Ambrose Omeruo Balogun Echiejile

Ndidi Mikel Onazi

Onyekuru Nacho

Ideye

As l contemplate the lineup above, I can't help thinking definite World Cup contenders. Especially when you have Iwobi, Musa and Etebo and Ekong on the bench :!:

Cheers.
Last edited by TonyTheTigerKiller on Thu Jun 22, 2017 6:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
marutimon
Egg
Egg
Re: Nacho and Onyekuru...

Post by marutimon »

Onyekuru can play on either wing.

The bigger problem is:
- who will play as the main striker?
- how to fit Iheanacho, Moses, Iwobi, Onyekuru in 3 slots? (AM/SS, RW, LW)
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Good heavens, I completely forgot about Victor Moses. Nigeria is so cursed, lol, in a very good wsy :) :!:

Cheers.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Exciting as it appears on paper..... the guys are still young and need to make the key transition to international level.
They will.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Ahidjo
Egg
Egg

Post by Ahidjo »

TonyTheTigerKiller wrote:We already know what Nacho can do. As for Onyekuru, there is no doubt of his quality. The kid will go places no matter where he ends up. The unfortunate thing though is that they both prefer to play behind a main striker. The big question I have is can they both play at the same time? If they can coexist on the pitch then we'd be looking at the most prolific attack we've ever seen. How would you fancy a lineup like the one below:

Enyeama

Ndidi Mikel Onazi

Onyekuru Nacho

Ideye

As l contemplate the lineup above, I can't help thinking definite World Cup contenders. Especially when you have Iwobi, Musa and Etebo and Ekong on the bench :!:

Cheers.
You have never seen Onyekuru play for the SE and you are including him in the starting line up and you also have both Onazi and Ndidi in the middle, both of whom played miserably against SA. It seems we never really understand the problem with the present crop of young talents especially against African teams. We need tough, intelligent players to compete in Africa. Most of these soft players can get away with some slacking in Europe but not in Africa unless such a player is absolutely well skilled like Messi.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Ahidjo wrote:
TonyTheTigerKiller wrote:We already know what Nacho can do. As for Onyekuru, there is no doubt of his quality. The kid will go places no matter where he ends up. The unfortunate thing though is that they both prefer to play behind a main striker. The big question I have is can they both play at the same time? If they can coexist on the pitch then we'd be looking at the most prolific attack we've ever seen. How would you fancy a lineup like the one below:

Enyeama

Ndidi Mikel Onazi

Onyekuru Nacho

Ideye

Cheers.
You have never seen Onyekuru play for the SE and you are including him in the starting line up and you also have both Onazi and Ndidi in the middle, both of whom played miserably against SA. It seems we never really understand the problem with the present crop of young talents especially against African teams. We need tough, intelligent players to compete in Africa. Most of these soft players can get away with some slacking in Europe but not in Africa unless such a player is absolutely well skilled like Messi.
Onazi was our best midfielder against SA, Ndidi did ok early but faded.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

Ahidjo wrote:

Enyeama

Ndidi Mikel Onazi

Onyekuru Nacho

Ideye

Cheers.
Where did you get that from? Did you watch the match? This campaign of calumny against Onazi is getting too much. :boo:
I am happy
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

Dem don dey make noise for Onyekuru. The same noise Dem make for Simon and Imoh or wetin be him name sef. Dem even make noise for Iwobi. Now the noise don slow down plenty.
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

pajimoh wrote:Dem don dey make noise for Onyekuru. The same noise Dem make for Simon and Imoh or wetin be him name sef. Dem even make noise for Iwobi. Now the noise don slow down plenty.
Iwobi is still very young, I hope he improves with time, he has a brain but his game is still developing. But yea, we love to overhype, then when they don't live up bash and throw them away...
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
jb
Egg
Egg

Post by jb »

Enyeama

Ndidi Mikel Onazi

Onyekuru Nacho

Ideye

Cheers.
Wetin Victor Moses do you?
Igugu
Egg
Egg

Post by Igugu »

Please send Ideye to the bench, (if at all considered ) and replace him with Osimhen.
Igugu
Egg
Egg

Post by Igugu »

Don't forget Isaac Success.
walesvilla
Egg
Egg

Post by walesvilla »

Igugu wrote:Don't forget Isaac Success.
another fittness/injury headache, risk fingers crossed hoping - same goes for Mikel Balogun and Ikeme all recovering.

Moses will be fine.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Onyekuru still has to prove himself for Nigeria before we crown him for a starting position. Unless we are claiming that we know better than coaches who saw him train with other my players and saw him play against Corsica and Togo but yet excluded him from a squad of 16 in the South African game. It seems to me that media reports of his play at Eupen is making guys gullible. Thank the lord that we have a coach who does not have to rely on the media for decision making.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Damunk wrote:Exciting as it appears on paper..... the guys are still young and need to make the key transition to international level.
They will.
Thanks Damunk! As I read the posts in above, I could ONLY shake my head in disbelief, telling myself, "here we go again."
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
bully12
Egg
Egg

Post by bully12 »

Enugu II wrote:Onyekuru still has to prove himself for Nigeria before we crown him for a starting position. Unless we are claiming that we know better than coaches who saw him train with other my players and saw him play against Corsica and Togo but yet excluded him from a squad of 16 in the South African game. It seems to me that media reports of his play at Eupen is making guys gullible. Thank the lord that we have a coach who does not have to rely on the media for decision making.
Sir are you saying a boy who scored 25 times in one of the major leagues in Europe did that serendipitously? Even before your abovementioned matches in spite of his glaring exploits this season he was not even invited to the camp initially which indicates overwhelmingly prejudice towards him before they offered him any opportunity . Unfortunately,all bench warming ineffective , player just recovering from injury , none scoring strikers were all invited but he was glarinly omitted. Is it not an indication he has to be scoring in the moon before he will be invited .None of us watched the matches he participated for SE to see how poor he was to warrant his exclusion even from the bench. Unfortunately the strikers selected over him were piss poor all season long in their various clubs and we are all witnesses to that. You were hoping against hope they will regain their scoring skills in the course of the match.
This was exactly this same reason Belgium fans were making jokes about Nigeria when Nigeria coach picked Michael Uchebo and Uche Nwafor over Imoh in the last world cup. Belgium fans were stunned a coach would make such stupid selection. The three players played in this same league the fans knew their abilities and exploits. Unfortunately, when this same question was raised you usually came up with this same stupid and flimsy excuse the coach is better position to pick a better because he watched during practices in spite of the fact even Steve Wonder knows who is better.
I believe Onyekuru will serve SE far better right now that Musa, Kelechi , Moses Simon and Victor Osimhen. Their records speak volume . Onyekuru did not become a bad player overnight because he is playing for SE and these feckless players did become world beaters overnight they are playing for SE . Please call spade a spade.
Last edited by bully12 on Fri Jun 23, 2017 8:27 pm, edited 5 times in total.
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Damunk wrote:Exciting as it appears on paper..... the guys are still young and need to make the key transition to international level.
They will.
Agreed. Nevertheless, the talent on that squad is undeniable :!:

Cheers.
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Ahidjo wrote:

Enyeama

Ndidi Mikel Onazi

Onyekuru Nacho

Ideye

As l contemplate the lineup above, I can't help thinking definite World Cup contenders. Especially when you have :!: Iwobi, Musa and Etebo and Ekong on the bench :!:

Cheers.
You don't have to see a player play for SE before you recognize that he has a place in that squad. For example, almost everyone knew that the likes of Mikel and Nacho were sure bets for the SE even before they played 1 minute of professional football. Watch his hilites. He is precociously talented. Not only is he fast, he has good control. Reminds me of Henry Nwosu. Remember him :?: :!:

Cheers.
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Igugu wrote:Please send Ideye to the bench, (if at all considered ) and replace him with Osimhen.
In good time. Remember that Osimhen played only 2 professional games and is coming off an injury riddled season :!:

Cheers.
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

jb wrote:

Enyeama

Ndidi Mikel Onazi

Onyekuru Nacho

Ideye

Cheers.
:rotf: :rotf: Nothing, my broda. I admitted that I erred in omitting Victor Moses. Indeed, I am forced to revise the lineup as follows (sorry, Ideye):

Enyeama

Ndidi Mikel Onazi

Moses Onyekuru

Ihenacho

Cheers.
jdizzy
Egg
Egg

Post by jdizzy »

TonyTheTigerKiller wrote:
jb wrote:

Enyeama

Ndidi Mikel Onazi

Onyekuru Nacho

Ideye

Cheers.
:rotf: :rotf: Nothing, my broda. I admitted that I erred in omitting Victor Moses. Indeed, I am forced to revise the lineup as follows (sorry, Ideye):

Enyeama

Ndidi Mikel Onazi

Moses Onyekuru

Ihenacho

Cheers.
Iwobi starts over Onyekuru. Eventually I'd like to see all 4 - Nacho, Iwobi, Moses and Onyekuru starting together. Pair Ndidi and Another hardworking CM to provide thr steel in the middle
Niente Ÿ impossibile!
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

jdizzy wrote:
jb wrote:

Enyeama

Ndidi Mikel Onazi

Onyekuru Nacho

Ideye

Cheers.

Enyeama

Ndidi Mikel Onazi

Moses Onyekuru

Ihenacho

Cheers.
Iwobi starts over Onyekuru. Eventually I'd like to see all 4 - Nacho, Iwobi, Moses and Onyekuru starting together. Pair Ndidi and Another hardworking CM to provide thr steel in the middle
After Mikel retires :!: :!: :!:

Cheers.
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

jdizzy wrote:
jb wrote:

Enyeama

Ndidi Mikel Onazi

Onyekuru Nacho

Ideye

Cheers.

Enyeama

Ndidi Mikel Onazi

Moses Onyekuru

Ihenacho

Cheers.

My bro, please watch Cameroon at the Nations cup and ConFeds again and see how they never get tired. We need energetic players like Onazi and Etebo to keep up with them. Ndidi can come in when we want to shore up things. I hope you watched the SA match, Ndidi does not have the physicals to match the Cameroonians.
I am happy