Germany and Cameroon - Contrasts in effective soccer

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet
Germany and Cameroon - Contrasts in effective soccer

Post by Scipio Africanus »

Cameroon played some artistic, beautiful football yesterday. Dribbles, body movement, flicks, heighting, kai! I was like, am I really watching Cameroon?!? :woot: :woot: These cats gat skillz!!!! :woot: The most pleasing football I have seen any Cameroon side play since their 1990 vintage. Sure every couple minutes or so, an Aussie player would try to tackle a Cameroon player, ..., and would bounce right off :lol: :lol: as if they hit a brick wall. That shiat was funny as hell :lol: :lol: The Aussie player on the ground looking dazed, not knowing what hit them. Chei, plantain good oh!!! :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

But I digress. With all their attacks, Cameroon would always find a way to f**k up the final ball. Always. Now let' s talk about Germany. Can brings the ball up through midfield. He spots Hector overlapping on the left and slips the ball through to him without much fuss. Hector hits a one time ball across the Chilean goal. Stindl, young newbie player, meets the cross and powers it into the net. 3 touches. Goal. Simple effective soccer. This is how you can find yourself down 3-0 against these people without really having done much wrong. :shock:

Most times Germany hits the ball for a pass or shot, it is hit with a mixture of power and precision. The ball does not bobble or stumble or spin or anything. If not intercepted or hit off target, it goes straight to the intended target. Simple, effective execution. Brazil and Argentina, and England :lol: have found this out the hard way, again and again.

In short I fear for Cameroon on Sunday.

Wha choo looking at?!
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Germany and Cameroon - Contrasts in effective soccer

Post by airwolex »

The trick for African Countries is getting a good mix. That has eluded us for decades. The worst seem to be the South Africans, they are a skillful bunch but don't seem to know when to tone it down and just do a job.
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

You have expanded on the thoughts I mentioned in the Germany/Chile game thread. Germany has everything that this Cameroon team hasn't got. It could be a very emphatic beating.

One difference, I wasn't as struck about Cameroon's football as you seem to be. They didn't play with any kind of 'flow'.
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”
joao
Egg
Egg

Post by joao »

What's really missing in the African game is the one-touch delivery with accuracy, instead of romancing
the ball with three to five touches before thinking to pass. Most times we tend to pass the ball too late for
an effective move.
As for the final shot at goal, shooting straight would help, and it does not necessarily have to be a heavy
hit. Cameroon's goal against Australia was quite a beautiful and effective flick with minimal force.
"We now live in a nation where doctors destroy health, lawyers destroy justice, universities destroy knowledge,
governments destroy freedom, the press destroys information, religion destroys morals, and our banks destroy the economy.”

― Chris Hedges
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

The German players have played like that for years. You drill this eficiency into them.

The Cileans have been together for awhile now.

This Cameroon bunch just got together recently for CAN and now CONFEDERATIONS Cup.
“If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.”- Sun Tzu
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

Kabalega wrote:The German players have played like that for years. You drill this eficiency into them.

This Cameroon bunch just got together recently for CAN and now CONFEDERATIONS Cup.
But this German bunch were also just put together too for the Confeds..
Last edited by metalalloy on Fri Jun 23, 2017 4:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

airwolex wrote:The trick for African Countries is getting a good mix. That has eluded us for decades. The worst seem to be the South Africans, they are a skillful bunch but don't seem to know when to tone it down and just do a job.
True about the boys from "Msanzi", but they are getting better in toning down those tendencies. Several times in that last game in Uyo, they ripped our defence to shreds with simple effective passes. They are learning.

Wha choo looking at?!
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

platinum wrote:You have expanded on the thoughts I mentioned in the Germany/Chile game thread. Germany has everything that this Cameroon team hasn't got. It could be a very emphatic beating.

One difference, I wasn't as struck about Cameroon's football as you seem to be. They didn't play with any kind of 'flow'.
Bros, trust me, when you put aside the anger and rage at all those misses chances by Cameroon, they played "nkwa" yesterday. They balled. They simply ripped the Aussie midfield to shreds yesterday and created many, many good chances. Give those chances to another team and we are talking about a 5-1 win.

Wha choo looking at?!
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

metalalloy wrote:
Kabalega wrote:The German players have played like that for years. You drill this eficiency into them.

Exactly. Germany has been together for two weeks.
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

joao wrote:What's really missing in the African game is the one-touch delivery with accuracy, instead of romancing
the ball with three to five touches before thinking to pass. Most times we tend to pass the ball too late for
an effective move.
As for the final shot at goal, shooting straight would help, and it does not necessarily have to be a heavy
hit. Cameroon's goal against Australia was quite a beautiful and effective flick with minimal force.
Yep, you are right. It does not have to be a heavy hit. That is why I said a mixture of power and precision. My favorite examples are the German goals in the 4-0 thrashing of Australia, the 4-1 thrashing of England and the 4-0 thrashing of Argentina in the 2010 WC. For pure epicurean delight, the kind you only get with a meal cooked with very expensive ingredients, I savor the goals in the 4-0 mauling of Portugal, the 7-1 sorting out of Brazil and the 1-0 win against Argentina in the 2014 WC.

Wha choo looking at?!
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

platinum wrote:
metalalloy wrote:

I don't think Kabalega is even following this tournament. :mrgreen: How person go tok dis kine tin? :mad:

Wha choo looking at?!
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

reminds me of Cameroon v Germany 2002 WC

How the Lions lost that game is a mystery. They balled, but the Germans did the scoring. I was so pissed.

Anyway Cameroon go beat Germany this time

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

They did not CEDIS coming
Naira Did We :rotf: :rotf:

Man Ataye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Man Ataye »

tfco wrote:reminds me of Cameroon v Germany 2002 WC

How the Lions lost that game is a mystery. They balled, but the Germans did the scoring. I was so pissed.

I sincerely hope so.... 1-knot or 2-1 even will send them packing and send them (lions) through...
The wars fought in the world are only a reflection of the wars fought within people....
Man Ataye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Man Ataye »

MAYB THEY JUST LACK THE DISCIPLINE TO BALANCE BOTH!!!!!
The wars fought in the world are only a reflection of the wars fought within people....
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Scipio Africanus wrote:Cameroon played some artistic, beautiful football yesterday. Dribbles, body movement, flicks, heighting, kai! I was like, am I really watching Cameroon?!? :woot: :woot: These cats gat skillz!!!! :woot: The most pleasing football I have seen any Cameroon side play since their 1990 vintage. Sure every couple minutes or so, an Aussie player would try to tackle a Cameroon player, ..., and would bounce right off :lol: :lol: as if they hit a brick wall. That shiat was funny as hell :lol: :lol: The Aussie player on the ground looking dazed, not knowing what hit them. Chei, plantain good oh!!! :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

But I digress. With all their attacks, Cameroon would always find a way to f**k up the final ball. Always. Now let' s talk about Germany. Can brings the ball up through midfield. He spots Hector overlapping on the left and slips the ball through to him without much fuss. Hector hits a one time ball across the Chilean goal. Stindl, young newbie player, meets the cross and powers it into the net. 3 touches. Goal. Simple effective soccer. This is how you can find yourself down 3-0 against these people without really having done much wrong. :shock:

Most times Germany hits the ball for a pass or shot, it is hit with a mixture of power and precision. The ball does not bobble or stumble or spin or anything. If not intercepted or hit off target, it goes straight to the intended target. Simple, effective execution. Brazil and Argentina, and England :lol: have found this out the hard way, again and again.

Cameroon did well in their two games I saw. In the case with Chile, that is football for us all, else Chile didn't play any better than Cameroon did. With Australia, Cameroon would have won the game easily, but for several misses in front of goal, they were not victorious
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

platinum wrote:You have expanded on the thoughts I mentioned in the Germany/Chile game thread. Germany has everything that this Cameroon team hasn't got. It could be a very emphatic beating.

From the games I saw which Cameroon have played so far, I don't see Germany beating Cameroon and if they (Germany) do, it won't be easy for them
Last edited by Odas on Fri Jun 23, 2017 5:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

The one wey vex me is how you guys let them off the hook in 2014 :curse:
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
malamax
Egg
Egg

Post by malamax »

platinum wrote:
metalalloy wrote:

Not entirely true..there are a few regulars in the German squad as in Mustafi,Can,drexter, the keeper and I think one more
ataka
The Goddess
Egg
Egg

Post by The Goddess »

Scipio Africanus wrote:Cameroon played some artistic, beautiful football yesterday. Dribbles, body movement, flicks, heighting, kai! I was like, am I really watching Cameroon?!? :woot: :woot: These cats gat skillz!!!! :woot: The most pleasing football I have seen any Cameroon side play since their 1990 vintage. Sure every couple minutes or so, an Aussie player would try to tackle a Cameroon player, ..., and would bounce right off :lol: :lol: as if they hit a brick wall. That shiat was funny as hell :lol: :lol: The Aussie player on the ground looking dazed, not knowing what hit them. Chei, plantain good oh!!! :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

Come on Scipio, do not stretch. :mrgreen:

With that said, the main thing disturbing African teams is a lack of self belief. They do not believe in their ability. A clear case is this Aboubakar. Lots of talents but extremely wasteful due inferiority complex and timidity.
Another aspect is poor coaching. Mercenaries brought in at the last hour are always a recipe for disaster. After missing 2 clear cut chances, everyone knew Aboubakar was not going to score yesterday except Broos. Why not bring in Zoua or Boumal, heck even Tambe. smh
The Goddess
Egg
Egg

Post by The Goddess »

No African team has ever beaten the German national team and it will not start with Cameroon. With attackers who cannot score in an open net and defenders prone to unprovoked errors like Mabouka ( honestly, I do not know where Broos picked this guy from), Cameroon CANNOT beat Germany! It´s like they dont believe they can win a game. They play just not to lose.
The Goddess
Egg
Egg

Post by The Goddess »

Odas wrote:

From the games I saw which Cameroon have played so far, I don't see Germany beating Cameroon and if they (Germany) do, it won't be easy for them
The players do not believe in themselves. Aboubakar did not believe Cameroon could win that game that´s why he could miss such a chance. He is not a game changer. Cameroon won the ANC, inspite of him.
The only real Lion is Zambo Anguissa!
chendosplastic
Egg
Egg

Post by chendosplastic »

Scipio Africanus wrote: This is how you can find yourself down 3-0 against these people without really having done much wrong. :shock:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
"The history book on the shelf is always repeating itself" - ABBA.
"Facts, Logic, truth is the way....stop ranting via emotions; seeing things through the prism of ethnicity is comfortable but ultimately a road to perdition." - airwolex.
malamax
Egg
Egg

Post by malamax »

The Goddess wrote:
Odas wrote:

The players do not believe in themselves. Aboubakar did not believe Cameroon could win that game that´s why he could miss such a chance. He is not a game changer. Cameroon won the ANC, inspite of him.
The only real Lion is Zambo Anguissa!
Really...I thought he scored the winner
ataka