Germany 3 - 1 Cameroun (FT) Confed Cup

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Germany 3 - 1 Cameroun (2nd Half) Confed Cup

Post by Odas »

At moment, this is not the Cameroonian team I saw in the last two games in this tournament. The "wrong call" resulting in the loss of their player has done its damage
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
anointed
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anointed »

Germany playing jogo bonito inside Cameroun 18 and the Camerounians are applauding
TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...
For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God. For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding...hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world? 21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe
marutimon
Egg
Egg

Post by marutimon »

Looks like Toko Ekambi should have gotten way more minutes over Moukandjo / Bassogog / Aboubakar... He was the starter at the AFCON. Should have just stayed with the winning team?
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

anointed wrote:Germany playing jogo bonito inside Cameroun 18 and the Camerounians are applauding
... because they are probably annoyed with the performance of their players (team).
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

marutimon wrote:Looks like Toko Ekambi should have gotten way more minutes over Moukandjo / Bassogog / Aboubakar... He was the starter at the AFCON. Should have just stayed with the winning team?
... the coach probably has learned his lesson from the results he got in this Confederation Cup games. Perhaps he will come to us with a better team
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Germany 3 - 1 Cameroun (FT) Confed Cup

Post by platinum »

I predicted 3-0/4-1 before the game. Cameroon did well not to collect that.

Bad matchup for the Lions.
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”
Rogermilla
Egg
Egg

Post by Rogermilla »

Whenever people say this or that Cameroonian team is the most talented over the 1990 team, I laugh, cause in my humble opinion, no team is as resilient as that 1990 team. Heck they could lose up to four players in the game ans still end up winning. Yes they might foul all the time, but that was one talented team and I so wish for the days I will watch a Cameroonian team that was as tough and talented as the 1990 team
"History shows that this club has had very few strikers like him. I do not know if there has ever been anyone like him before. What I do know is that Barcelona should erect a statue for him. Samuel was a fundamental player here in recent years and was key to all of the titles that the team won."

Andres Iniesta, August 2009
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

And these gentlemen are your African champions, The Indomitable Lions of Cameroon!!!
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
marutimon
Egg
Egg

Post by marutimon »

Cameroon fell apart after the red card, which was bull. Probably wouldn't have advanced, but they looked good for a draw.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

txj wrote:And these gentlemen are your African champions, The Indomitable Lions of Cameroon!!!
... but these players (majority of them) are not the players who won the AFCON Cup
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

marutimon wrote:Cameroon fell apart after the red card, which was bull. Probably wouldn't have advanced, but they looked good for a draw.

No they didn't. They fell apart right from the start of the 2nd half. To be fair, Germany sped up their passing and movement and the class difference was clear.
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

txj wrote:And these gentlemen are your African champions, The Indomitable Lions of Cameroon!!!
A month is a long time in African football. Look at Nigeria
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

...means they are better than other African teams.
Anyway I think Mexico will be beat this German team come next round on Thursday.
Rogermilla
Egg
Egg

Post by Rogermilla »

So can you also tell us how the African champs did at the last Confederations Cup? Not making any excuses for this pathetic Cameroonian performance, but you guys sit here and say African champs this and that, meanwhile the same African champs too were three and out at the last Confederations cup.
"History shows that this club has had very few strikers like him. I do not know if there has ever been anyone like him before. What I do know is that Barcelona should erect a statue for him. Samuel was a fundamental player here in recent years and was key to all of the titles that the team won."

TheHitman47
Egg
Egg

Post by TheHitman47 »

Looking at this we should see how to exploit them. I think a mobile side with good off the ball movement would take them. Victor moses must play against them.

Boxing them in would be paramount. We can beat this team.
The real deal
Egg
Egg

Post by The real deal »

Whither Africa...A completely NEW Manschaft German team!
Whats wrong with us?
Cujus esqulum, ajus es usqui ad inferos
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

Rogermilla wrote:
So can you also tell us how the African champs did at the last Confederations Cup? Not making any excuses for this pathetic Cameroonian performance, but you guys sit here and say African champs this and that, meanwhile the same African champs too were three and out at the last Confederations cup.
I think his point is about the state of African football in general including past champs not just an indictment of Cameroon presently
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

Rogermilla wrote:
Which champ is dat?
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Rogermilla wrote:

Merely proves my real point that African teams are below European third tier...
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

TheHitman47 wrote:Looking at this we should see how to exploit them. I think a mobile side with good off the ball movement would take them. Victor moses must play against them.

We got our own issues
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

TheHitman47 wrote:Looking at this we should see how to exploit them. I think a mobile side with good off the ball movement would take them. Victor moses must play against them.

Mobile is one thing....good off the ball is another. Nigeria just hasn't shown that off the ball brilliance. Cameroon may have been torn apart but after seeing South Africa rip us to shreds by employing basic off the ball movements and discipline, I would say we need to worry about our ability to play as a UNIT. If we can't, it won't matter whether VM plays.
Rogermilla
Egg
Egg

Post by Rogermilla »

platinum wrote:
Rogermilla wrote:
I think his point is about the state of African football in general including past champs not just an indictment of Cameroon presently
Yes I know. However I have seen other posts hers where people are saying is this what African champs can present at the confederations cup? My point here is that folks can easily bash this Cameroon team because of the poor showing, but forget that the previous African champs were also three and out at the last confederations cup in Brazil. Lets all call a spade a spade.

pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

txj wrote:
Rogermilla wrote:
So can you also tell us how the African champs did at the last Confederations Cup? Not making any excuses for this pathetic Cameroonian performance, but you guys sit here and say African champs this and that, meanwhile the same African too were three and out at the last Confederations cup.

Merely proves my real point that African teams are below European third tier...
And you measured this scientifically or is it some bottles of Alomo talking?