Germany 3 - 1 Cameroun (FT) Confed Cup

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

TheHitman47
Egg
Egg
Re: Germany 3 - 1 Cameroun (FT) Confed Cup

Post by TheHitman47 »

This Cameroon side is really disjointed as well. did you watch the game?
marutimon
Egg
Egg
Re: Germany 3 - 1 Cameroun (2nd Half) Confed Cup

Post by marutimon »

Rogermilla wrote:Whenever people say this or that Cameroonian team is the most talented over the 1990 team, I laugh, cause in my humble opinion, no team is as resilient as that 1990 team. Heck they could lose up to four players in the game ans still end up winning. Yes they might foul all the time, but that was one talented team and I so wish for the days I will watch a Cameroonian team that was as tough and talented as the 1990 team
I think the team of 1982 was even better. They had some bad calls against them which prevented them from winning the group and ultimately went out on goals scored with the team that won the tournament and the team that finished third. Roger Milla was in his prime, as was Theophile Abega, Gregoire M'bida (two of the best midfielders in African history). Plus they had the best GK in African history N'kono (with Joseph Antoine Bell as the backup goalie!). I rewatched the 1982 games and they were better than Poland and arguably more deserving of progression than Italy.

Both 1982 and 1990 Cameroon had the squads to win the tournament like no other team in African history. The 1982 team couldn't prove it on a technicality.
Rogermilla
Egg
Egg

Post by Rogermilla »

pajimoh wrote:
Rogermilla wrote:
txj wrote:And these gentlemen are your African champions, The Indomitable Lions of Cameroon!!!
So can you also tell us how the African champs did at the last Confederations Cup? Not making any excuses for this pathetic Cameroonian performance, but you guys sit here and say African champs this and that, meanwhile the same African champs too were three and out at the last Confederations cup.
Which champ is dat?
I don't believe in name calling, but you know which champs I am talking about
"History shows that this club has had very few strikers like him. I do not know if there has ever been anyone like him before. What I do know is that Barcelona should erect a statue for him. Samuel was a fundamental player here in recent years and was key to all of the titles that the team won."

Andres Iniesta, August 2009
truetalk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by truetalk »

txj wrote:
Rogermilla wrote:
txj wrote:And these gentlemen are your African champions, The Indomitable Lions of Cameroon!!!
So can you also tell us how the African champs did at the last Confederations Cup? Not making any excuses for this pathetic Cameroonian performance, but you guys sit here and say African champs this and that, meanwhile the same African champs too were three and out at the last Confederations cup.

Merely proves my real point that African teams are below European third tier...
Self hate is a disease.

Ghana was a Jordan Ayew brain fart away from going up on the World Champions, who also needed an extra time goal to get past Algeria.

For all our trouble going into that match, France needed one of the worst refereeing performances I have ever seen to get past us in Brasilia.

Disjointed Nigerian teams have almost completed a conquest of the British Isles over the last decade & a half.

Below the European 3rd tier indeed!
marutimon
Egg
Egg

Post by marutimon »

TheHitman47 wrote:This Cameroon side is really disjointed as well. did you watch the game?
They did fine up until the first goal. But the lack of idea other than dribbling through 4-5 players in the box is so 1970...
truetalk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by truetalk »

pajimoh wrote:
txj wrote:
Rogermilla wrote:
So can you also tell us how the African champs did at the last Confederations Cup? Not making any excuses for this pathetic Cameroonian performance, but you guys sit here and say African champs this and that, meanwhile the same African too were three and out at the last Confederations cup.

And you measured this scientifically or is it some bottles of Alomo talking?
I wish it was the bottles. Really sad.
Rogermilla
Egg
Egg

Post by Rogermilla »

platinum wrote:
TheHitman47 wrote:Looking at this we should see how to exploit them. I think a mobile side with good off the ball movement would take them. Victor moses must play against them.

Boxing them in would be paramount. We can beat this team.
Mobile is one thing....good off the ball is another. Nigeria just hasn't shown that off the ball brilliance. Cameroon may have been torn apart but after seeing South Africa rip us to shreds by employing basic off the ball movements and discipline, I would say we need to worry about our ability to play as a UNIT. If we can't, it won't matter whether VM plays.
Honestly speaking, if Cameroon doesn't find a solution to the left back, then we are doomed against Nigeria. Yes I said it. This confederations has just showed how much we miss Oyongo
"History shows that this club has had very few strikers like him. I do not know if there has ever been anyone like him before. What I do know is that Barcelona should erect a statue for him. Samuel was a fundamental player here in recent years and was key to all of the titles that the team won."

pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

Rogermilla wrote:
pajimoh wrote:
Rogermilla wrote:
Which champ is dat?
Why are you being a KFC? Mention name now
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
zee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by zee »

truetalk wrote:
txj wrote:
Rogermilla wrote:

Self hate is a disease.

Ghana was a Jordan Ayew brain fart away from going up on the World Champions, who also needed an extra time goal to get past Algeria.

For all our trouble going into that match, France needed one of the worst refereeing performances I have ever seen to get past us in Brasilia.

Disjointed Nigerian teams have almost completed a conquest of the British Isles over the last decade & a half.

WORD bro :clap: :clap: :clap:
"Today we remember Nigeria and Africa football legend, Late Coach Stephen Okechukwu Keshi who passed on, on june 7th 2016. Thank you for the memories ‘The Big Boss.’ We can never forget you"............Kanu Nwankwo
marutimon
Egg
Egg

Post by marutimon »

truetalk wrote:
txj wrote:
Rogermilla wrote:

Self hate is a disease.

I second everything you say. African teams were the only real opposition Germany faced at the 2014 World Cup. Nigeria were screwed by a daft referee. BTW I know each ref is different, but Maboukou's foul was a red? Well then France had at least three such fouls vs Nigeria and thats not counted the foul that took out Onazi.
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

pajimoh wrote:
txj wrote:
Rogermilla wrote:
So can you also tell us how the African champs did at the last Confederations Cup? Not making any excuses for this pathetic Cameroonian performance, but you guys sit here and say African champs this and that, meanwhile the same African too were three and out at the last Confederations cup.

And you measured this scientifically or is it some bottles of Alomo talking?
Just look at the results over the last 5yrs or more...
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
Rogermilla
Egg
Egg

Post by Rogermilla »

pajimoh wrote:
Rogermilla wrote:
pajimoh wrote:
Rogermilla wrote:
Which champ is dat?
Why are you being a KFC? Mention name now
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: so that make una roast me here? Nice setting lmao

marutimon
Egg
Egg

Post by marutimon »

Rogermilla wrote:
platinum wrote:
TheHitman47 wrote:Looking at this we should see how to exploit them. I think a mobile side with good off the ball movement would take them. Victor moses must play against them.

Boxing them in would be paramount. We can beat this team.
Mobile is one thing....good off the ball is another. Nigeria just hasn't shown that off the ball brilliance. Cameroon may have been torn apart but after seeing South Africa rip us to shreds by employing basic off the ball movements and discipline, I would say we need to worry about our ability to play as a UNIT. If we can't, it won't matter whether VM plays.
Honestly speaking, if Cameroon doesn't find a solution to the left back, then we are doomed against Nigeria. Yes I said it. This confederations has just showed how much we miss Oyongo
Well... you could just call back Henri Bedimo as a stop gap solution? At least then Fai (who was great BTW in his last two games)

Maboukou and Aboubakar were both ultimate fails...

You need three things: a striker that is clinical (what about that Esame dude from Servetter? looks like a proper finisher), a left back and a creative midfielder (Anguissa is gold though as far as midfielders are concerned).
TheHitman47
Egg
Egg

Post by TheHitman47 »

They could have got a result or won this game if they had Onyongo, Matip, Choupo-Moting and a prime Eto'o.
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Scipio Africanus »

On the bright side for Cameroon, at least they did not meet their abusive husband Russia in this tournament.

Wha choo looking at?!
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

truetalk wrote:
txj wrote:
Rogermilla wrote:

Self hate is a disease.

The common factor in all the examples you gave is that all the African teams lost.

Whether its brain fart, wrong boots, refs, dog ate my homework...

These are excuses. Pathetic excuses...

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

txj wrote:
Rogermilla wrote:

Third tier is Scotland, Hungary, Romania, Norway, Sweden. We are not below that. This Germany team will beat 80% of the World's team.
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

TheHitman47 wrote:They could have got a result or won this game if they had Onyongo, Matip, Choupo-Moting and a prime Eto'o.

You forgot Roger Milla!!!

marutimon
Egg
Egg

Post by marutimon »

TheHitman47 wrote:They could have got a result or won this game if they had Onyongo, Matip, Choupo-Moting and a prime Eto'o.
Matip was not needed. Has never played well for Cameroon and the center duo of Teikeu + Ngadeu is really good in my opinion. The center two were never the problem.
Choupo Moting has been crap this season.
marutimon
Egg
Egg

Post by marutimon »

txj wrote:The common factor in all the examples you gave is that all the African teams lost.
Ghana did not lose.
gochino
Egg
Egg
Re: Germany 2 - 1 Cameroun (2nd Half) Confed Cup

Post by gochino »

anointed wrote:Cameroun just so heavy, immobile and statuesque like camels in defence...maybe the name Camelruin is apt afterall
Especially that guy that dyed his hair blond. He is just too immobile for a defender. Caught ball watching several times,even in the first and third goal.
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

marutimon wrote:
txj wrote:The common factor in all the examples you gave is that all the African teams lost.
Ghana did not lose.

True, it was a draw. But they did not progress so still lost...

TheHitman47
Egg
Egg

Post by TheHitman47 »

I bet you current Eto'o would do a better job than Aboubakar. Funny that he scored more goals than him in the league this season too.