Germany 3 - 1 Cameroun (FT) Confed Cup

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

marutimon
Egg
Egg
Re: Germany 3 - 1 Cameroun (FT) Confed Cup

Post by marutimon »

txj wrote:
marutimon wrote:
txj wrote:The common factor in all the examples you gave is that all the African teams lost.
Ghana did not lose.

True, it was a draw. But they did not progress so still lost...
They lost in the following game, not this one. Had they beaten Portugal they would have progressed.
Rogermilla
Egg
Egg

Post by Rogermilla »

TheHitman47 wrote:They could have got a result or won this game if they had Onyongo, Matip, Choupo-Moting and a prime Eto'o.
Nah I disagree with you. If Oyongo wasn't injured, we will be talking about a different Cameroonian team. Eto'o and Choupo will not even be needed with Oyongo playing left back and Fai on the right.
"History shows that this club has had very few strikers like him. I do not know if there has ever been anyone like him before. What I do know is that Barcelona should erect a statue for him. Samuel was a fundamental player here in recent years and was key to all of the titles that the team won."

Andres Iniesta, August 2009
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

Rogermilla wrote:
pajimoh wrote:
Rogermilla wrote:
pajimoh wrote:
Rogermilla wrote:
txj wrote:And these gentlemen are your African champions, The Indomitable Lions of Cameroon!!!
So can you also tell us how the African champs did at the last Confederations Cup? Not making any excuses for this pathetic Cameroonian performance, but you guys sit here and say African champs this and that, meanwhile the same African champs too were three and out at the last Confederations cup.
Which champ is dat?
I don't believe in name calling, but you know which champs I am talking about
Why are you being a KFC? Mention name now
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: so that make una roast me here? Nice setting lmao
I insist. We all like roast......here :tic:
marutimon
Egg
Egg

Post by marutimon »

TheHitman47 wrote:I bet you current Eto'o would do a better job than Aboubakar. Funny that he scored more goals than him in the league this season too.
I dunno but I thought about Aboubakar and it came to me that Cameroon doesn't need an exceptional striker. All they need is a guy like Burkina Faso's Aristide Bance. A fighter that makes it happen through sheer force of will, even if he doesn't have the skill... Aboubakar is the exact opposite of Bance...

All in all not so frightened by Cameroon now. We have efficient goalscorers for one. We just need to make the right setup. Can't see Cameroon more than 3 points of us in September, and that the minimum the need...
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Not surprised lol
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Rogermilla
Egg
Egg
Re: Germany 2 - 1 Cameroun (2nd Half) Confed Cup

Post by Rogermilla »

gochino wrote:
anointed wrote:Cameroun just so heavy, immobile and statuesque like camels in defence...maybe the name Camelruin is apt afterall
Especially that guy that dyed his hair blond. He is just too immobile for a defender. Caught ball watching several times,even in the first and third goal.
When you have a natural right back in Fai playing left back and a donkey in Mabouka playing right back, it messed up the defensive chemistry that Teikeu and Ngadeu built.
"History shows that this club has had very few strikers like him. I do not know if there has ever been anyone like him before. What I do know is that Barcelona should erect a statue for him. Samuel was a fundamental player here in recent years and was key to all of the titles that the team won."

marutimon
Egg
Egg

Post by marutimon »

Rogermilla wrote:
TheHitman47 wrote:They could have got a result or won this game if they had Onyongo, Matip, Choupo-Moting and a prime Eto'o.
Nah I disagree with you. If Oyongo wasn't injured, we will be talking about a different Cameroonian team. Eto'o and Choupo will not even be needed with Oyongo playing left back and Fai on the right.
Oyongo would not have fixed Aboubakar's profiglacy...
Rogermilla
Egg
Egg

Post by Rogermilla »

marutimon wrote:
Rogermilla wrote:
Oyongo would not have fixed Aboubakar's profiglacy...
But if you watch his movements from defense to attack, it made sense and allowed Moukandjo to actually play his left wing position as he is supposed to. Mabouka is just a brick layer. Messed up defensive and attacking strategies, something Oyongo or Bedimo will have helped this team with

Rogermilla
Egg
Egg

Post by Rogermilla »

pajimoh wrote:
Rogermilla wrote:
pajimoh wrote:
Rogermilla wrote:
pajimoh wrote:
Rogermilla wrote:
txj wrote:And these gentlemen are your African champions, The Indomitable Lions of Cameroon!!!
So can you also tell us how the African champs did at the last Confederations Cup? Not making any excuses for this pathetic Cameroonian performance, but you guys sit here and say African champs this and that, meanwhile the same African champs too were three and out at the last Confederations cup.
Which champ is dat?
I don't believe in name calling, but you know which champs I am talking about
Why are you being a KFC? Mention name now
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: so that make una roast me here? Nice setting lmao
I insist. We all like roast......here :tic:
Masa now the ball is in your court na so you mane the Champs so make we all roast you lol

txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Rogermilla wrote:
gochino wrote:
anointed wrote:Cameroun just so heavy, immobile and statuesque like camels in defence...maybe the name Camelruin is apt afterall
Especially that guy that dyed his hair blond. He is just too immobile for a defender. Caught ball watching several times,even in the first and third goal.
When you have a natural right back in Fai playing left back and a donkey in Mabouka playing right back, it messed up the defensive chemistry that Teikeu and Ngadeu built.
Its not the personnel or their starting positions. Its a total lack of defensive integrity in the shape. Their were gaps all over the defensive block, and they were being moved around like pinballs...

Look at Teikeu unable to read movements, being nutmegged in the six yard box, unaware of blind side runs....

These guys lack even the basics...what a pathetic bunch!

They won the AFC, thanks in large part to African refs letting them kick, esp Senegal, off the park!
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

Useless team could not even beat Germany's team C :rotf:
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
Rogermilla
Egg
Egg

Post by Rogermilla »

txj wrote:
Rogermilla wrote:
gochino wrote:
Its not the personnel or their starting positions. Its a total lack of defensive integrity in the shape. Their were gaps all over the defensive block, and they were being moved around like pinballs...

Look at Teikeu unable to read movements, being nutmegged in the six yard box, unaware of blind side runs....

These guys lack even the basics...what a pathetic bunch!

They won the AFC, thanks in large part to African refs letting them kick, esp Senegal, off the park!
I agree with you, especially Teikeu. That is why playing in France division two shows you against German efficient attackers. But again I still feel that with Oyongo in the team, the defensive chemistry would have been different. Mabouka In my opinion spoiled that. Fai did his best in covering the left back position which is not his natural spot, but Mabouka was completely exposed, and that forced Teikeu and Ngadeu to play more than their central defensive roles and got exposed.

YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by YUJAM »

Cameroon are an embarassment. They would still have played like a bunch of bricklayers even if they had Mouthing, Onyango and Etoo. Their problem is kinda symptomatic if the malaise of African football though even though I think they are amongst the worst in this regard. Poor organization from youth through the local leagues is our main issue. Sad
Ghana's First President Kwame Nkrumah said: "We face neither East nor West; we face Forward"
Man Ataye
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: I hope Germany doesn't crush Cameroon on Sunday...

Post by Man Ataye »

Tobi17 wrote:If we fail to put 4 goals past this Cameroon team with the return of our key players and all...then Rohr deserves to have Cameroon pepper smeared on his back and flogged like tomorrow no dey.

No b lie dia!!!!!!!!!!! :clap: :clap: :thumb:
The wars fought in the world are only a reflection of the wars fought within people....
Man Ataye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Man Ataye »

If naija does miss the WC, it would b very unfortunate & tragic if its to this poor outfit...
The wars fought in the world are only a reflection of the wars fought within people....
TheHitman47
Egg
Egg

Post by TheHitman47 »

How long is Oyongo out?
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

TheHitman47 wrote:How long is Oyongo out?
Till September ending I hope.
I am happy
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

Cameroon had no answer along the wings and just stood in the midfield if you do such a thing against an organised opponent like Germany they'll eventually burry you!
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
Thelastoneleft
Egg
Egg

Post by Thelastoneleft »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
dans la sauce, dans la sauce :lol: :lol:
Worst ANC winner ever!

Useless country! This national team is a good representation of the sh!thole of their country - bully and paper tiger. When they face African countries, the play gra gra football and win sometimes. Once they meet non African countries, they fold and lose all the time.

Similarly, Boko Haram kidnapped the wife of one of their ministers, they went and begged Boko Haram and payed ransom. But when Southern Cameroonians made a peaceful protest against marginalization, they deployed military, gendarmery and BIR battalion with sophisticated weapons to kill our people, rape our girls and deport our people to their concentration camps.

Useless banana republic! dans la sauce!!
akamoke

Post by akamoke »

Fellows, its time we are honest..we have skills just like everyone else but to win a world cup or confed cup as starters, we need to rid ourselves of everything that is hurting discipline in our societies...our football is a microcosm of everything in our societies

I hoped for the best with Cameroon but it wasnt meant to be, and before we beat chests...this is the African champion and therefore they are the best we presented and no other team would have done better
For my sceptical Nigerian Friends : Pessimism is great because you are either always right or pleasantly surprised.
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

akamoke wrote:Fellows, its time we are honest..we have skills just like everyone else but to win a world cup or confed cup as starters, we need to rid ourselves of everything that is hurting discipline in our societies...our football is a microcosm of everything in our societies

I hoped for the best with Cameroon but it wasnt meant to be, and before we beat chests...this is the African champion and therefore they are the best we presented and no other team would have done better

I disagree. Senegal, Bfaso, Ghana and even Egypt would have done much better than these clowns. Hopefully we put them out of their misery in August/September. I am sick of seeing that useless country disgrace Africa at the global level.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

Thelastoneleft wrote::lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
dans la sauce, dans la sauce :lol: :lol:
Worst ANC winner ever!

Useless country! This national team is a good representation of the sh!thole of their country - bully and paper tiger. When they face African countries, the play gra gra football and win sometimes. Once they meet non African countries, they fold and lose all the time.

Similarly, Boko Haram kidnapped the wife of one of their ministers, they went and begged Boko Haram and payed ransom. But when Southern Cameroonians made a peaceful protest against marginalization, they deployed military, gendarmery and BIR battalion with sophisticated weapons to kill our people, rape our girls and deport our people to their concentration camps.

Useless banana republic! dans la sauce!!

:clap: :clap: :clap:

camex
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Germany 3 - 1 Cameroun (2nd Half) Confed Cup

Post by camex »

Odas wrote:At moment, this is not the Cameroonian team I saw in the last two games in this tournament. The "wrong call" resulting in the loss of their player has done its damage
:agree: