Why are the SE players so small nowadays?

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

guest83
Egg
Egg
Why are the SE players so small nowadays?

Post by guest83 »

A lot of times when I'm watching the SE I can't really believe my eyes because all the players look so small. Are they really nigerians?

What happend to the build of powerhouses like West, Oliseh, Yekini et,c?
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: Why are the SE players so small nowadays?

Post by mcal »

...food and dietary availability austerities of the 90s don dey catch up.
folem
Egg
Egg

Post by folem »

guest83 wrote:A lot of times when I'm watching the SE I can't really believe my eyes because all the players look so small. Are they really nigerians?

West - 1.86m 87kg : Trost-Ekong - 1.91m 74kg
Oliseh - 1.83m 78kg : Ndidi - 1.81m 80kg
Yekini - 1.90m 80kg : Iheanacho - 1.87m 77kg
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

folem wrote:
guest83 wrote:A lot of times when I'm watching the SE I can't really believe my eyes because all the players look so small. Are they really nigerians?

I think he's looking strictly at Onazi, Moses Simon and Ahmed Musa forgetting players like Mikel, Balogun, Omeruo, Ikeme and Ekong
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
folem
Egg
Egg

Post by folem »

Damunk wrote:
folem wrote:

I think he's looking strictly at Onazi, Moses Simon and Ahmed Musa forgetting players like Mikel, Balogun, Omeruo, Ikeme and Ekong
Even the France 98 squad had Oparaku, Iroha, Babayaro, Oruma, Babangida, Ikpeba..
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

folem wrote:

... meaning statistically, no "major" difference between the former and present players. In that case, it means - Chief guest83's - eyes are fooling him
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Cito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cito »

Odas wrote:
folem wrote:

... meaning statistically, no "major" difference between the former and present players. In that case, it means - Chief guest83's - eyes are fooling him
This is always the case when we are dealing with 'good ol days' mindset. We seem to look at back in the days stuff with nostalgia and a boat load of bias. :D

Imagine some people like the 94 pajama jersey, even going as far as saying its the best ever. :taunt: :taunt:
"Learn from others whom have walked the path before you, but be smart enough to know when to cut your own trail."
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

What's with Naijerians and their obsession with big playerw, size with no brain for football is a waste of space! fellas the only time size should matter is when you are trying to get down with a hot chick and y'all get personal...gotta tell her what she wants or expects to hear if you know what I mean....and the size of your pocket!
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

It's not today that we are being infiltrated by Ghanaese pipul.

The thought that folks actually think that kicking us and bullying us is the way to go nowadays make me yearn for the days of man-mountains.

To come add to the insult abi na salt... we don't use our petite frame to our advantage. It is the same prodding style. Big man football... good thing now, we no claim na old age dey cause am.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

Cellular wrote:

The thought that folks actually think that kicking us and bullying us is the way to go nowadays make me yearn for the days of man-mountains.

To come add to the insult abi na salt... we don't use our petite frame to our advantage. It is the same prodding style. Big man football... good thing now, we no claim na old age dey cause am.
Oga you know its that bad when even South Africans who are typically very smallish in stature start to bully our midfielders, only Ndidi looked like a giant there....maybe if Ogu had played we would have frightened them, Ogu sef na real agbero pikin..bobo no send, our boys are too ajebuttish for my liking..we need rugged nyggahs
Rawlings
Egg
Egg

Post by Rawlings »

Most of the current crop of players were born prior to "Ghana must Go" .... :winking:
Nwabali -- Aina, Bassey, TroostEkong, Sanusi --- Chukwueze, Aribo, Ndidi, Iwobi --- Osimhem, Sadiq Umar
Mr. Piffington
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Mr. Piffington »

The game has moved on.
This post was made by Appitti who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by bully12 who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by COOKING SPOON who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by danfo driver who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by muzines who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by ohenhen1 who is currently on your ignore list.
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

how big is messi
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Cito wrote:
Odas wrote:
folem wrote:

This is always the case when we are dealing with 'good ol days' mindset. We seem to look at back in the days stuff with nostalgia and a boat load of bias. :D

Imagine some people like the 94 pajama jersey, even going as far as saying its the best ever. :taunt: :taunt:
Take time o! It was the best ever! :thumbs:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Damunk wrote:
Cito wrote:
Odas wrote:
folem wrote:

More likely explanation. I kpom this.
Last edited by Enugu II on Sun Jun 25, 2017 3:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Cito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cito »

Damunk wrote:
Cito wrote:
Odas wrote:
folem wrote:

:mrgreen:
"Learn from others whom have walked the path before you, but be smart enough to know when to cut your own trail."
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

I know it's unscientific but I think OP has a point.

1994 team had physical specimens everywhere. Yekini, Amo, Siasia, Finidi, Amunike upfront. Okechukwu, Eguaveon, Nwanu, Emenalo, Semitoje etc defensively and the midfield Oliseh, Adepoju, Okocha - then Rufai and Shorunmu. Remember Sacchi called them Super-men.

Now we have Daddy, Nacho, Onazi, Ndidi, Musa etc. I do think that particular team was bigger, stronger more athletic.
omey2k4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by omey2k4 »

Nigeria vs Cameroon in 2000 was small guys vs all giants and we still showed them. in 94 our team were physically intimidating ,outside of looking big and string they played like big and strong men. At the end og the day it doesnt make any sense if we have nig guys that are slow.
http://www.myspace.com/donproductionsbeatz
http://www.soundcloud.com/donproductionsbeatz
www.twitter.com/Donproductions

Listen to my beatz^^^^^
FATHER TIKO
Egg
Egg

Post by FATHER TIKO »

Tobi17 wrote:
Cellular wrote:

Oga you know its that bad when even South Africans who are typically very smallish in stature start to bully our midfielders, only Ndidi looked like a giant there....maybe if Ogu had played we would have frightened them, Ogu sef na real agbero pikin..bobo no send, our boys are too ajebuttish for my liking..we need rugged nyggahs
That belief no be 9ja fabu o..

The entire SADC region are always talking about those "big physical Nigerians" whenever preparing to engage 9ja...their football fraternity believe physique is one big disadvantage for them against Nigeria...
True or false, that universal feeling in the southern region must have come from experience...

Believe it, Baxter prepped the SAfricans for a physical slug-fest...and would definitely do so again for the reverse fixture...
"...Some say football is not a matter of life and death;
I can assure you it's more important than that..."
- Bill Shankly
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Cellular wrote:

spin doctor, seriously you go come post such come dey believe am? keep it up you are going to get impeached .. we dey look you
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
folem
Egg
Egg

Post by folem »

Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

omey2k4 wrote:Nigeria vs Cameroon in 2000 was small guys vs all giants and we still showed them. in 94 our team were physically intimidating ,outside of looking big and string they played like big and strong men. At the end og the day it doesnt make any sense if we have nig guys that are slow.
Omey2k17,

Long time.

Hope you are well?

Best wishes as always.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Cellular wrote:
omey2k4 wrote:Nigeria vs Cameroon in 2000 was small guys vs all giants and we still showed them. in 94 our team were physically intimidating ,outside of looking big and string they played like big and strong men. At the end og the day it doesnt make any sense if we have nig guys that are slow.
Omey2k17,

Long time.

Hope you are well?

Best wishes as always.
did you check up on me? :roll:
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved