WATCH: Adi's journey to MLS stardom

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

achuzia-the-air-raid
Eaglet
Eaglet
WATCH: Adi's journey to MLS stardom

Post by achuzia-the-air-raid »

Fanendo Adi's path to stardom with the Portland Timbers began in a small village in Nigeria, where he was discovered at 15...

http://www.espnfc.us/major-league-socce ... ls-stardom
Then they said to one another, “We are truly guilty concerning our brother, for we saw the anguish of his soul when he pleaded with us, and we would not hear; therefore this distress has come upon us.” Genesis 42:21

“A doubtful friend is worse than a certain enemy. Let a man be one thing or the other, and we then know how to meet him” (Aesop, 620–564 BC).
TheHitman47
Egg
Egg
Re: WATCH: Adi's journey to MLS stardom

Post by TheHitman47 »

I don't know why we don't use him in the national team. He would be a good alternative striker for our team. We complain about not having a good enough target man that can score headers. That's what this guy can do.
achuzia-the-air-raid
Eaglet
Eaglet

[/video]
Then they said to one another, “We are truly guilty concerning our brother, for we saw the anguish of his soul when he pleaded with us, and we would not hear; therefore this distress has come upon us.” Genesis 42:21

“A doubtful friend is worse than a certain enemy. Let a man be one thing or the other, and we then know how to meet him” (Aesop, 620–564 BC).
achuzia-the-air-raid
Eaglet
Eaglet

He's scored more goals than any other Timbers player. A look at all 46 of Fanendo Adi's MLS goals.

[/video]

achuzia-the-air-raid
Eaglet
Eaglet

Fenando Adi sets another goals record at MLS club

by Jude Iroha-Udoka

Nigerian striker Fanendo Adi has continued to enjoy his time at Major League Soccer (MLS) Portland Timbers after he set another goals scoring record at the club.

Adi, who scored in Portland Timbers 2-2 home draw with Seattle Sounders, has now reached 50 goals for the MLS side to become the first player to reach that mark in the 42-year history of the club.
Advertisement

The big striker has fired nine goals in 2017, tied for the fifth-most in MLS this season.

He has played in Denmark and Ukraine before he made the switch to the MLS.

https://www.today.ng/sport/football/307 ... d-mls-club

mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

TheHitman47 wrote:I don't know why we don't use him in the national team. He would be a good alternative striker for our team. We complain about not having a good enough target man that can score headers. That's what this guy can do.
...because he doesn't play in Europe where the televisions that beam into Nigeria originate.
Plus, America ke?, the thieves believe the USA don't play football.
For me I'll say the guy should stay here and enjoy his work rather the long travel to a worthless administrators who would not pay your travel expenses instead they will tell you to do it for patriotism.
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

mcal wrote:
TheHitman47 wrote:I don't know why we don't use him in the national team. He would be a good alternative striker for our team. We complain about not having a good enough target man that can score headers. That's what this guy can do.
...because he doesn't play in Europe where the televisions that beam into Nigeria originate.
For me I'll say the guy should stay here and enjoy his work rather the long travel to a worthless administrators who would not pay your travel expenses instead they will tell you to do it for patriotism.
Steady on bro. If they play American football in Europe, one would have to question the quality and competitiveness compared to North America. Maybe our coach have done the same for soccer in the US as compared to Europe?
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

very like-able fella
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

pajimoh wrote:
mcal wrote:
Steady on bro. If they play American football in Europe, one would have to question the quality and competitiveness compared to North America. Maybe our coach have done the same for soccer in the US as compared to Europe?
...they did, and they folded. Not necessarily because of the talent quality but the economy. So that's not a better comparison.
Cally
Egg
Egg

Post by Cally »

Bigpokey24 wrote:very like-able fella
He really is. Well-spoken too! I'm proud of the way he's represented Nigeria so far.
http://www.meditationsofthesoul.com

"My friends - "We need to really reassess the way we trash our national team, derogate some players and disrespect the people that run our football. Let the brand new Super Eagles become our new Brand of national pride.. The unifying identity for all.. Bar none!" - CE's The Great Seloweizer (6/24/13)

The Arsenal Football Club - "The Deeper The Foundation, The Stronger The Fortress."
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

mcal wrote:
pajimoh wrote:
mcal wrote:
...they did, and they folded. Not necessarily because of the talent quality but the economy. So that's not a better comparison.
Bro, this is not an argument. I was just suggesting, not making an emphatic statement.

But one cannot deny the fact that all the forwards invited to the SE against SA play in far superior leagues
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!