Super Eagles CHAN Provisional Squad

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

anointed
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Super Eagles CHAN Provisional Squad

Post by anointed »

Futbalgalore.com's Super Eagles CHAN Provisional Squad

Goalkeepers: Ikechukwu Ezenwa (FC Ifeanyi Ubah), Dele Ajiboye (Plateau United), Olorunleke Ojo (Akwa United), Okeimute Odah (Lobi Stars), Emeka Nwabulu (Wikki Tourists)

Defenders: Etim Matthew (Enugu Rangers), Ifeanyi Nweke (Rivers United), Chima Akas (Enyimba FC), Daniel Itodo (Plateau United), Chris Madaki (Kano Pillars), Timothy Danladi (Kastina United), Chinedu Udoji (Kano Pillars), Jamiu Alimi (Kano Pillars), Stephen Eze (FC Ifeanyi Ubah), Golbe Elisha (Plateau United), Ernest Governor (ABS FC)

Midfielders: Destiny Ashadi (Kastina United), Kelly Kester (Enyimba FC), Rabiu Ali (Kano Pillars), Austin Oladapo (Gombe United), Chukwuka Onuwa (MFM FC), Ifeanyi Ifeanyi (Akwa United), Ibrahim Alhassan (Akwa United), Dare Ojo (Enyimba FC), Harrison Madu (Wikki Tourists), Emeka Atuloma (Rivers United)

Attackers: Mfon Udoh (Enyimba FC), Stanley Dimgba (Enyimba), Philip Azango (Plateau United), Stephen Odey (MFM FC), Sikiru Olatunbosun (MFM FC), Adeshina Issa Gata (ABS FC), Godwin Obaje (FC Ifeanyi Ubah), Samuel Mathias (Elkanemi Warriors), Sunday Adetunji (Abia Warriors), Abdulrahman Bashir (Nasarawa United)
TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...
For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God. For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding...hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world? 21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe
papilo
Egg
Egg
Re: Super Eagles CHAN Provisional Squad

Post by papilo »

anointed wrote:

Goalkeepers: Ikechukwu Ezenwa (FC Ifeanyi Ubah), Dele Ajiboye (Plateau United), Olorunleke Ojo (Akwa United), Okeimute Odah (Lobi Stars), Emeka Nwabulu (Wikki Tourists)

Defenders: Etim Matthew (Enugu Rangers), Ifeanyi Nweke (Rivers United), Chima Akas (Enyimba FC), Daniel Itodo (Plateau United), Chris Madaki (Kano Pillars), Timothy Danladi (Kastina United), Chinedu Udoji (Kano Pillars), Jamiu Alimi (Kano Pillars), Stephen Eze (FC Ifeanyi Ubah), Golbe Elisha (Plateau United), Ernest Governor (ABS FC)

Midfielders: Destiny Ashadi (Kastina United), Kelly Kester (Enyimba FC), Rabiu Ali (Kano Pillars), Austin Oladapo (Gombe United), Chukwuka Onuwa (MFM FC), Ifeanyi Ifeanyi (Akwa United), Ibrahim Alhassan (Akwa United), Dare Ojo (Enyimba FC), Harrison Madu (Wikki Tourists), Emeka Atuloma (Rivers United)

Attackers: Mfon Udoh (Enyimba FC), Stanley Dimgba (Enyimba), Philip Azango (Plateau United), Stephen Odey (MFM FC), Sikiru Olatunbosun (MFM FC), Adeshina Issa Gata (ABS FC), Godwin Obaje (FC Ifeanyi Ubah), Samuel Mathias (Elkanemi Warriors), Sunday Adetunji (Abia Warriors), Abdulrahman Bashir (Nasarawa United)
See me hoping that a new left back will pop up from the league then I see Chima Akas' name on the list.
yes o
truetalk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by truetalk »

papilo wrote:
anointed wrote:

See me hoping that a new left back will pop up from the league then I see Chima Akas' name on the list.
We don't have a leftback problem. We just need to drop Echiejile.

I was hoping to see Suraj Ayeleso of Nasarawa United on the list. We've seen all the other guys (except Nwabulu) before. Hopefully someone can raise their game to become a credible No. 3 option for the main team.
papilo
Egg
Egg

Post by papilo »

truetalk wrote:
papilo wrote:
anointed wrote:

I was hoping to see Suraj Ayeleso of Nasarawa United on the list. We've seen all the other guys (except Nwabulu) before. Hopefully someone can raise their game to become a credible No. 3 option for the main team.
We do o
yes o
TheHitman47
Egg
Egg

Post by TheHitman47 »

I really hope we can find some decent home based reinforcements from this squad. I also hope we do well in CHAN.
truetalk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by truetalk »

papilo wrote:
truetalk wrote:
papilo wrote:
anointed wrote:

We do o
I'm doing a review of the team at the moment. I insist that we don't.

On the left, there are several alternatives to Echiejile, & it is either a coaching or administrative failure that makes it seem like we are optionless. Madu, Amuzie, Aina, Uduokhai and Ambrose are viable (and I think better) options. There is also the newly invited Maroof. I understand the need to avoid too many changes before competitive games, but weaknesses need to be addressed.
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Rabiu Ali is always there. Why didn't he even try a middle east club?
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
marutimon
Egg
Egg

Post by marutimon »

When all is said and done though we still haven't got a player at left back with elite credentials. Those are all stop gap options. Aina, Ambrose, Maarouf and Uduokhai aren't even nominal left backs. And I would mention Brian Idowu ahead of those guys.

The one player I felt had real talent seems to have fallen into oblivion: Samuel Okon.

I honestly think that given the players and Victor Moses playing as well as he is as a wingback, maybe Rohr would be wise to move to a 3-5-2 or even 3-4-3 formation.
truetalk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by truetalk »

marutimon wrote:When all is said and done though we still haven't got a player at left back with elite credentials. Those are all stop gap options. Aina, Ambrose, Maarouf and Uduokhai aren't even nominal left backs. And I would mention Brian Idowu ahead of those guys.

The one player I felt had real talent seems to have fallen into oblivion: Samuel Okon.

I honestly think that given the players and Victor Moses playing as well as he is as a wingback, maybe Rohr would be wise to move to a 3-5-2 or even 3-4-3 formation.
Regarding the LB, that is why I said we are adequate by committee. Amuzie and Madu did not stick out like sore thumbs in that position. I have listed maybe 4 guys that I believe are better than Echiejile. If Uduokhai is invited, the fact that he is a left footed Central defender who occasionally plays at LB could make him an option in a 3-4-3 formation.

I think a 3-4-3 works best with our top 12-15 players at the moment. That will also give Moses an opportunity to reprise his Chelsea role, but we'll need a lot of discipline.

Rohr seems committed to a 4-3-3 though.
Last edited by truetalk on Mon Jun 26, 2017 12:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.
marutimon
Egg
Egg

Post by marutimon »

truetalk wrote:
marutimon wrote:When all is said and done though we still haven't got a player at left back with elite credentials. Those are all stop gap options. Aina, Ambrose, Maarouf and Uduokhai aren't even nominal left backs. And I would mention Brian Idowu ahead of those guys.

I think a 3-4-3 works best with our top 12-15 players at the moment. That will also give Moses an opportunity to reprise his Chelsea role, but we'll need a lot of discipline.

Rohr seems committed to a 4-3-3 though.
I don't like the 4-3-3 setup. Nigeria need two strikers up front.
papilo
Egg
Egg

Post by papilo »

truetalk wrote:
papilo wrote:
truetalk wrote:
papilo wrote:
anointed wrote:

We do o

On the left, there are several alternatives to Echiejile, & it is either a coaching or administrative failure that makes it seem like we are optionless. Madu, Amuzie, Aina, Uduokhai and Ambrose are viable (and I think better) options. There is also the newly invited Maroof. I understand the need to avoid too many changes before competitive games, but weaknesses need to be addressed.
You may need to review your review if you are going to add Ambrose as a leftback option. Also, saying we have a left back problem does not mean we do not have people who play leftback for their clubs or have played the position before. It just simply means all the options we have at the moment are either not good enough or ready.
Spain had left back problems for years after Sergi Barjuan left the national team. They tried all sorts of leftbacks (Raul Bravo, Capdevilla, Fernando Navarro), all of whom played for top clubs at the time also but they were simply not good enough for the role. Hence they the problem was not solved until Jordi Alba, who was a left winger for Valencia at the time was converted to leftback for Spain and the rest is history.
Uduokhai could be a good option but I don't know if he wants to play for Nigeria or not so until there are discussion there, no point adding him to a list. We may need to convert some of the left footed midfielders we have.
yes o
truetalk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by truetalk »

papilo wrote:
truetalk wrote:
papilo wrote:
truetalk wrote:
papilo wrote:
anointed wrote:

We do o

You may need to review your review if you are going to add Ambrose as a leftback option. Also, saying we have a left back problem does not mean we do not have people who play leftback for their clubs or have played the position before. It just simply means all the options we have at the moment are either not good enough or ready.
Spain had left back problems for years after Sergi Barjuan left the national team. They tried all sorts of leftbacks (Raul Bravo, Capdevilla, Fernando Navarro), all of whom played for top clubs at the time also but they were simply not good enough for the role. Hence they the problem was not solved until Jordi Alba, who was a left winger for Valencia at the time was converted to leftback for Spain and the rest is history.
Uduokhai could be a good option but I don't know if he wants to play for Nigeria or not so until there are discussion there, no point adding him to a list. We may need to convert some of the left footed midfielders we have.
It is tough for any team to be World class at every position, but there is no excuse for settling for Echiejile. We have all seen Amuzie and he is miles ahead of Echiejile, at least for the Eagles. I won't let the fact that he is yet to break into Sampdoria cloud my judgment of that situation.

Ambrose has played that position better than Echijile for the Eagles and I have seen it with my eyes. I will also pick him ahead of Shehu on the left. If he is an upgrade on 2 starters (and he is), what is ridiculous about that?

Let us not Seara this CHAN thread abeg.
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

truetalk wrote:

It is tough for any team to be World class at every position, but there is no excuse for settling for Echiejile. We have all seen Amuzie and he is miles ahead of Echiejile, at least for the Eagles. I won't let the fact that he is yet to break into Sampdoria cloud my judgment of that situation.

Ambrose has played that position better than Echijile for the Eagles and I have seen it with my eyes. I will also pick him ahead of Shehu on the left. If he is an upgrade on 2 starters (and he is), what is ridiculous about that?

Let us not Seara this CHAN thread abeg.

Very debatable. I do not rate Uwa Echiejile at all, but to say Amuzie is "miles ahead of him" is a fairy tale. No be the same Amuzie we watched at Rio 2016?
Last edited by metalalloy on Mon Jun 26, 2017 3:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Ambrose has not played left back for the Eagles.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

This team will not go far.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
ukwala
Egg
Egg

Post by ukwala »

The fact that the great stars from Ibadan could not produce even one player in a provisional CHAN list is worrisome :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:. As far as I am concerned, their league position has no correlation with the quality of their players :tic: :tic: :tic:

On a more serious note, whatever happened to Emmanuel Daniel of the U-20 fame??? On the left back issue, Chima Akas is probably still the best we have in the local league.
truetalk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by truetalk »

ohenhen1 wrote:Ambrose has not played left back for the Eagles.
Do you want to put some money on that? You should occasionally be made to pay for some of the opaks you spill out here.
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

Rabiu Ali sure deserves some kind of award/recognition for been the oldest serving footballer in the league, been hearing that names since 2006
truetalk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by truetalk »

Tobi17 wrote:Rabiu Ali sure deserves some kind of award/recognition for been the oldest serving footballer in the league, been hearing that names since 2006
Sunday Rotimi has been in the league for 20 years.
olu
Egg
Egg

Post by olu »

I recall Ambrose playing as a LB in one of the games at the Beijing Olympics, but do not think he has ever played that position for the SE. With that being said, we should not be experimenting with Ambrose at LB. Rohr needs to continue to look for viable options at that position.

Uwa, though not an ideal choice may still be best we have to offer. Amuzie isn't getting any playing time at Sampdoria, and looked awful defensively at the Olympics, while Madu has never impressed in a SE shirt and is also struggling to get games at club level. One of out of Yusuf, Idowu, or Ola Aina may come up good at some point, however, none of the 3 may work. Will see how they play out if given the opportunity by Rohr
truetalk wrote:
Do you want to put some money on that? You should occasionally be made to pay for some of the opaks you spill out here.
Obong
Egg
Egg

Post by Obong »

olu wrote:I recall Ambrose playing as a LB in one of the games at the Beijing Olympics, but do not think he has ever played that position for the SE. With that being said, we should not be experimenting with Ambrose at LB. Rohr needs to continue to look for viable options at that position.

Uwa, though not an ideal choice may still be best we have to offer. Amuzie isn't getting any playing time at Sampdoria, and looked awful defensively at the Olympics, while Madu has never impressed in a SE shirt and is also struggling to get games at club level. One of out of Yusuf, Idowu, or Ola Aina may come up good at some point, however, none of the 3 may work. Will see how they play out if given the opportunity by Rohr
truetalk wrote:
olu,
You are getting ahead of yourself. Pre-World Cup 2014 in a friendly game in Philadelphia, Echiejilie got injured early and Efe Ambrose ably stepped into the left back role. BTW, he ended up being our best defender that evening.
"WE ARE THE SUPER EAGLES!!!"
truetalk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by truetalk »

Obong wrote:
olu wrote:I recall Ambrose playing as a LB in one of the games at the Beijing Olympics, but do not think he has ever played that position for the SE. With that being said, we should not be experimenting with Ambrose at LB. Rohr needs to continue to look for viable options at that position.

truetalk wrote:
olu,
You are getting ahead of yourself. Pre-World Cup 2014 in a friendly game in Philadelphia, Echiejilie got injured early and Efe Ambrose ably stepped into the left back role. BTW, he ended up being our best defender that evening.
OOOOOOHHHHHH!!!!

Why did you guys bail out Ohenchick?

Not that he would have taken up the challenge anyway. He'll just move on to the next thread and confidently spew opaks again.
Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sunset »

anointed wrote:

We have two very solid Right Backs in Matthew Etim and Ifeanyi Nweke, I'll be looking to see who'll impress between them. Nweke can play LB as well though.