Super Eagles CHAN Provisional Squad

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Cito
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Super Eagles CHAN Provisional Squad

Post by Cito »

Sunset wrote:
anointed wrote:
Futbalgalore.com's Super Eagles CHAN Provisional Squad

Goalkeepers: Ikechukwu Ezenwa (FC Ifeanyi Ubah), Dele Ajiboye (Plateau United), Olorunleke Ojo (Akwa United), Okeimute Odah (Lobi Stars), Emeka Nwabulu (Wikki Tourists)

Defenders: Etim Matthew (Enugu Rangers), Ifeanyi Nweke (Rivers United), Chima Akas (Enyimba FC), Daniel Itodo (Plateau United), Chris Madaki (Kano Pillars), Timothy Danladi (Kastina United), Chinedu Udoji (Kano Pillars), Jamiu Alimi (Kano Pillars), Stephen Eze (FC Ifeanyi Ubah), Golbe Elisha (Plateau United), Ernest Governor (ABS FC)

Midfielders: Destiny Ashadi (Kastina United), Kelly Kester (Enyimba FC), Rabiu Ali (Kano Pillars), Austin Oladapo (Gombe United), Chukwuka Onuwa (MFM FC), Ifeanyi Ifeanyi (Akwa United), Ibrahim Alhassan (Akwa United), Dare Ojo (Enyimba FC), Harrison Madu (Wikki Tourists), Emeka Atuloma (Rivers United)

Attackers: Mfon Udoh (Enyimba FC), Stanley Dimgba (Enyimba), Philip Azango (Plateau United), Stephen Odey (MFM FC), Sikiru Olatunbosun (MFM FC), Adeshina Issa Gata (ABS FC), Godwin Obaje (FC Ifeanyi Ubah), Samuel Mathias (Elkanemi Warriors), Sunday Adetunji (Abia Warriors), Abdulrahman Bashir (Nasarawa United)

We have two very solid Right Backs in Matthew Etim and Ifeanyi Nweke, I'll be looking to see who'll impress between them. Nweke can play LB as well though.
Ndewo Sir, I haven't seen you on these pages in a while. You and Patrick.
"Learn from others whom have walked the path before you, but be smart enough to know when to cut your own trail."
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Obong wrote:
olu wrote:I recall Ambrose playing as a LB in one of the games at the Beijing Olympics, but do not think he has ever played that position for the SE. With that being said, we should not be experimenting with Ambrose at LB. Rohr needs to continue to look for viable options at that position.

Uwa, though not an ideal choice may still be best we have to offer. Amuzie isn't getting any playing time at Sampdoria, and looked awful defensively at the Olympics, while Madu has never impressed in a SE shirt and is also struggling to get games at club level. One of out of Yusuf, Idowu, or Ola Aina may come up good at some point, however, none of the 3 may work. Will see how they play out if given the opportunity by Rohr
truetalk wrote:
ohenhen1 wrote:Ambrose has not played left back for the Eagles.
Do you want to put some money on that? You should occasionally be made to pay for some of the opaks you spill out here.
olu,
You are getting ahead of yourself. Pre-World Cup 2014 in a friendly game in Philadelphia, Echiejilie got injured early and Efe Ambrose ably stepped into the left back role. BTW, he ended up being our best defender that evening.
KPOM. He switched to left back in the friendly against Greece after Echiejile went off.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

Sunset wrote:
anointed wrote:

Goalkeepers: Ikechukwu Ezenwa (FC Ifeanyi Ubah), Dele Ajiboye (Plateau United), Olorunleke Ojo (Akwa United), Okeimute Odah (Lobi Stars), Emeka Nwabulu (Wikki Tourists)

Defenders: Etim Matthew (Enugu Rangers), Ifeanyi Nweke (Rivers United), Chima Akas (Enyimba FC), Daniel Itodo (Plateau United), Chris Madaki (Kano Pillars), Timothy Danladi (Kastina United), Chinedu Udoji (Kano Pillars), Jamiu Alimi (Kano Pillars), Stephen Eze (FC Ifeanyi Ubah), Golbe Elisha (Plateau United), Ernest Governor (ABS FC)

Midfielders: Destiny Ashadi (Kastina United), Kelly Kester (Enyimba FC), Rabiu Ali (Kano Pillars), Austin Oladapo (Gombe United), Chukwuka Onuwa (MFM FC), Ifeanyi Ifeanyi (Akwa United), Ibrahim Alhassan (Akwa United), Dare Ojo (Enyimba FC), Harrison Madu (Wikki Tourists), Emeka Atuloma (Rivers United)

Attackers: Mfon Udoh (Enyimba FC), Stanley Dimgba (Enyimba), Philip Azango (Plateau United), Stephen Odey (MFM FC), Sikiru Olatunbosun (MFM FC), Adeshina Issa Gata (ABS FC), Godwin Obaje (FC Ifeanyi Ubah), Samuel Mathias (Elkanemi Warriors), Sunday Adetunji (Abia Warriors), Abdulrahman Bashir (Nasarawa United)

We have two very solid Right Backs in Matthew Etim and Ifeanyi Nweke, I'll be looking to see who'll impress between them. Nweke can play LB as well though.
Dis guy! where you dey since?
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

If Nigeria were serious about winning this tournament they would field Rivers United!
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sunset »

metalalloy wrote:
Sunset wrote:
anointed wrote:

Dis guy! where you dey since?
I dey bros, just haven't been posting as much. How bodi?
Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sunset »

Cito wrote:
Sunset wrote:
anointed wrote:

Ndewo Sir, I haven't seen you on these pages in a while. You and Patrick.

Patrick is more active on Twitter I believe